Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

This Just Killed The Car Industry Through Electric Vehicles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Just Killed The Car Industry Through Electric Vehicles (784 Views)

Lagos To Roll Out 2,000 CNG Buses, 231 Electric Vehicles In June / The Car Where Olajide Sowore Was Shot Dead (Pictures) / Highway Patrol: The Car I Saw Nigeria Police Force Using Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Just Killed The Car Industry Through Electric Vehicles by sammyj: 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2022
I decided to post the video in order to draw our attention to what Mr. Presideent said about solar power being cost-effective and more secure to use compared to our convention hydropower station and Gas powered turbine. I am of the opinion that this statement is not correct and I want the people on this platform to prove otherwise. Just watch this video and let's have a constructive discussion, Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9QEWzu5STc
Re: This Just Killed The Car Industry Through Electric Vehicles by Ttalk: 10:07pm On Jan 07, 2022
The guy is a pessimist who never see any good thing in innovation.

Solar technology is one discovery that would rescue Africa from perpetual poverty.

The only limiting factor is the storage facility, once that is done and mass produced, users can then store more energy and have more freedom from these battery wahala
Re: This Just Killed The Car Industry Through Electric Vehicles by ThinkSmarter: 10:21pm On Jan 07, 2022
Ttalk:

Solar technology is one discovery that would rescue Africa from perpetual poverty.

The only limiting factor is the storage facility, once that is done and mass produced, users can then store more energy and have more freedom from these battery wahala
U re right, Advanced Battery/Storage technology is what awaits Solar Energy boom.
However, hydroelectricity is still one of the cleanest, cheapest and abundant energy due to the availability of Rivers all over the continents of the world.
Re: This Just Killed The Car Industry Through Electric Vehicles by sammyj: 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2022
Solar energy will take Africa off poverty considering the cost of the solar panels, the massive landmass required to set up and the cost of maintenance for the solar farm. it is still not adding up
Ttalk:

(1) (Reply)

Apc Members In Lagos Mock Rauf Aregbesola With A Coffin (Video & pix) / 2023: You Are My Friend, But I Won’t Work For You, Ayu Tells Atiku / Former Chief Of Air Staff Emerges Bauchi APC Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.