Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,153 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? (4020 Views)

MSG: Kano Residents Resort To Chinese ‘White Maggi’ Without NAFDAC Approval / See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) / Praise Okereafor Emerges Winner Of Maggi Ota Lenu South West Cooking Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by gnhpowerhouse: 10:44pm On Jan 07, 2022
Someone who is Hypertensive ,Been Warned to stay off Salt,Sodium ,Maggi Seasoning .

Even the "IRU " Yourubas use are preserved with Salt..so that one too is a no go area..

House ,What could be used as an Alternative at least to make Stew/ Soup Tasteful..

Someone Suggested " Ogiri" Mostly used by Ijebu People..But never seen that before

Thanks.
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by Irupetepete: 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2022
Iru, locust bean
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 07, 2022
daddawa
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by gnhpowerhouse: 11:43pm On Jan 07, 2022
Irupetepete:
Iru, locust bean
. I understand Salts is always mix with it to preserve it from getting rotten into Maggots...
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by gnhpowerhouse: 11:50pm On Jan 07, 2022
Hisbah21:
daddawa
. I tried to search Packaged Dadawa online and found the below Attached..I just hope no salts is used to preserve it ..it's a Total No to Salts issue..I think I will try to check Stores for that ..I intend buying dried Cray fish , Dried Prawns ,Garlic and Ginger powder and mix them all ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by billynoni(m): 1:00am On Jan 08, 2022
gnhpowerhouse:
Someone who is Hypertensive ,Been Warned to stay off Salt,Sodium ,Maggi Seasoning .

Even the "IRU " Yourubas use are preserved with Salt..so that one too is a no go area..

House ,What could be used as an Alternative at least to make Stew/ Soup Tasteful..

Someone Suggested " Ogiri" Mostly used by Ijebu People..But never seen that before

Thanks.
Dear Sir/Ma, don't allow anybody deceive you. Iru, daddawa, ogiri, locust bean all will have at least a little salt for preservation.

Let the patient take it good faith and put up with just taste from saltless soup/stew, the fish/goat meat/skinless chicken flavour is okay. Hope they told the patient to avoid red meat like beef as well?
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by gnhpowerhouse: 1:35am On Jan 08, 2022
billynoni:
Dear Sir/Ma, don't allow anybody deceive you. Iru, daddawa, ogiri, locust bean all will have at least a little salt for preservation.

Let the patient take it good faith and put up with just taste from saltless soup/stew, the fish/goat meat/skinless chicken flavour is okay. Hope they told the patient to avoid red meat like beef as well?
. Thanks so much for your Sincerity... Yes Red meat is also a no go Area ... Fish ,Chicken Meat ,Sea food are Preferred....May i ask ..Stockfish taste Differently ..Seems Salts is as well used in Preserving it , Thinking of telling the Patient to grind stock fish into Powder...Thanks
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 08, 2022
gnhpowerhouse:
. I tried to search Packaged Dadawa online and found the below Attached..I just hope no salts is used to preserve it ..it's a Total No to Salts issue..I think I will try to check Stores for that ..I intend buying dried Cray fish , Dried Prawns ,Garlic and Ginger powder and mix them all ..

no salt
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by billynoni(m): 11:10am On Jan 08, 2022
gnhpowerhouse:
. Thanks so much for your Sincerity... Yes Red meat is also a no go Area ... Fish ,Chicken Meat ,Sea food are Preferred....May i ask ..Stockfish taste Differently ..Seems Salts is as well used in Preserving it , Thinking of telling the Patient to grind stock fish into Powder...Thanks
You're right, stockfish has salt for preservation as well. Just a bonus, substitute sugar for natural honey in their diet.
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by gnhpowerhouse: 11:59am On Jan 08, 2022
billynoni:
You're right, stockfish has salt for preservation as well. Just a bonus, substitute sugar for natural honey in their diet.
Thanks
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by 1F30M4(f): 5:16pm On Jan 08, 2022
gnhpowerhouse:
. I tried to search Packaged Dadawa online and found the below Attached..I just hope no salts is used to preserve it ..it's a Total No to Salts issue..I think I will try to check Stores for that .. I intend buying dried Cray fish , Dried Prawns ,Garlic and Ginger powder and mix them all..

Do just that @the boldened. You can leave out the garlic & ginger powder as some people don't like it in their soups or even stews.

1 Like

Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by Babena(f): 7:57pm On Jan 08, 2022
gnhpowerhouse:

Thanks.

You can also try native seasonings like Uda, Ehuru, Nutmeg, African nutmeg, etc . Depending on what you're preparing. Many of are African spices/seasonings are readily available in the market.
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by gnhpowerhouse: 9:07pm On Jan 08, 2022
Babena:

You can also try native seasonings like Uda, Ehuru, Nutmeg, African nutmeg, etc . Depending on what you're preparing. Many of are African spices/seasonings are readily available in the market.
wowww i will check out for that tooo Thanks
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by DrFunmisticGlow: 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2022
gnhpowerhouse:

Thanks.
some stores stock low sodium salts.

Using spices like ginger garlic, tumeric and co can help
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by gnhpowerhouse: 6:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
Thanks to all
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by iceprinxy(m): 10:01am On May 12, 2022
Just make use of ginger.
That's what I have been using for some months now, not a fan of maggi cubes or any seasoning.
You have to grind the ginger into a powder and boom you are set.. moreso, ginger is healthy compared to maggi that affect us negatively
Re: Alternative To Salts,maggi ..what Could Be Used ? by ugnoble: 11:33pm On May 16, 2022
iceprinxy:
Just make use of ginger.
That's what I have been using for some months now, not a fan of maggi cubes or any seasoning.
You have to grind the ginger into a powder and boom you are set.. moreso, ginger is healthy compared to maggi that affect us negatively

Only ginger?

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Shouldn't Eat Pork(pig's Meat) / How To Cook Party Jollof Rice In Just 4 Steps / Please How Do I Cook A Low Cost Egusi Soup With Ugwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.