Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,980 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) (97506 Views)

See The 5 Pieces Of Fresh Tomatoes I Bought #700 This Afternoon / White Rice With Spicy Chicken Stew. Fresh Tomatoes Is Scarce Today So.... / 52kg Basket Of Farm Fresh Tomatoes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2023
Since fresh tomatoes have become scarce and quite expensive these days, and Sunday rice is a must for most homes, palm nut stew should be the perfect alternative to tomato stew.
It's quite cheap.
One derica measure is sold for about 500N, buy just two measures, and your pot will be filled and running over. cheesy

So, aside palm nuts, what other alternative(s) can you suggest?
Aside tomato stew, what else can you eat with your white rice?

Picture source: Google. Instagram.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Puss360(f): 7:58pm On Jul 01, 2023
Lol..
Nutritionally they are different ooo...
Not everyone can extract the oil....
And besides, if I want to fry egg or do any tomato sauce, will I use this one
Tomorrow remains tomatoes....
We r just hoping for the price to come down

309 Likes 21 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by mariahAngel(f): 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2023
Puss360:
Lol..

Of course, they're nutritionally different.
This one is an alternative to fresh tomato stew for white rice.

You're free to share your suggestion(s).
As for your eggs, just make do with onions and fresh peppers for now.
Tomatoes go come back in abundance come meet us soon.

149 Likes 14 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by ManWater: 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
It can never be a PERFECT alternative.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by nurex01(m): 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
Two parallel lines

27 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Tealcrestmedia(m): 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
If everyone adopts this new one, price will still shoot up again.

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by slawomir: 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Shege

Hahaha

So na this one una take dey replace tomatoes now

Una never see anything

180 Likes 24 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Atk1nson(m): 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
Tinubu has used poverty to finish people....bro tomato and palm kernel are two different things

177 Likes 24 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by BigDolph(m): 9:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
This one no fit go with rice

6 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by BUSHHUNTER: 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2023

2 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Prettychild(f): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
It looks yummy

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Roger3D(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
You can't do without tomatoes

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by bunmioguns(m): 9:48pm On Jul 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Shellsploit: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
cool

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by ahnie: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
This is improvision(improvise)

I prefer these to stew,I nor dey too dey like stew

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Serviceweb: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
Really

1 Like

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by masterfactor(m): 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
Since I enter South East,I find rice and stew, I no see, I begin eat white rice and Banga soup

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by RabbitGuy: 9:49pm On Jul 01, 2023
Nice I visited one of the largest tomato farm in Rivers state about 3wks ago.
You can start a backyard tomato farm and save cost.

Watch the video below you will be inspired, don't forget to subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa4qi68px0c&feature=share7
Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Maxxim: 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
signs of a suffering nation its citizens will keep looking for alternatives, nothing scares me like being broke

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by dandydrey(m): 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Garden egg 😊

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by chigoziri2403(m): 9:50pm On Jul 01, 2023
Can you use palm fruits to eat sandwiches?
Even palm kernel cannot cook stew
Ofe akwu is a soup by its name and not stew

7 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
Chai! Renewed shege don reach this level

People go come dey chop excess cholesterol. No be cardiac failure be that

30 Likes 7 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by doggedfighter(f): 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
Not a perfect alternative.

grin

3 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Juanmike(m): 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2023
BigDolph:
This one no fit go with rice
You are missing

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Puss360:
Lol..
Yess use it for sauce grin
Thank me later grin

3 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by kkins25(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
no be palm kernel be that.... the fire u will use to cook it self no be here!!

4 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by MorataFC: 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Hmm, if it is not Panadol, it can't be like Panadol

7 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Benresmy(m): 9:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Very soon na blood people go dey use dey do stew for this hard period of Narcotic durg baron

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by kaludestiny10(m): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
This has been my stew for over 8 months now. But a derica of it goes for 1k over here in PH.

3 Likes

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Crystalsweetnes(f): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
You can use carrot instead of tomatoes.......

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures) by Albertone(m): 9:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
ahnie:
This is improvision.

I prefer these to stew,I nor dey too dey like stew

Improvisation Madam baby mama!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Breakfast I Gave My Husband / Lady Refuses To Eat Out Of The Assorted Meat She Sells In Okokomaiko, Lagos / Yoruba Name For Cloves And Parsley.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.