Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room (31608 Views)

My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy / A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by MemoriesAndMe: 9:02pm On Jan 08, 2022
You can't really help him unless ure willing to change his peers, which may mean changing his location and school.

I started smoking when I was very very young and it all came from peer pressure. Mom and siblings did all they could to stop me, but I was defiant and thought they were disturbing me from enjoying my youthfulness.

No matter how u try, ur brother will never admit he's smoking. An older family member once caught me red-handed smoking weed. He saw it in my hand and I denied it. I told him "this is a miracle, I don't know how this weed got in my hand". Ofcourse he went to report me to mom, I still told her the same lie. I knew no one believed my lie, I just didn't want them to further scold me, so I stood by my lie.

Nobody told me to stop when I did. All the friends that "initiated" me into the habit had already quit, started their own families, had their jobs etc. That's a much better life than having to beg for money to afford my addiction. So, I decided to quit myself and forget about all I lost in those years of my addiction.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Limassol(m): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Talk to am ke? At 16? U no use cane beat craze commot for him head?
As you age, you become weaker and vulnerable,While the young man attains his peak. Will you still have the strength to beat him up at 22,26,30? ? common sense is far from you.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by bolabadmus38: 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2022
The parents should have a closed door meeting with him. Ask him who introduced him into it,how long has he been smoking,what types has he been smoking. Once, you know who I introduced him or his peer group. Try as much as possible to separate them or if possible relocate him. Seek help of a psychotherapist. Also, pray for him, monitor him closely.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Peace1993: 9:09pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:
How Can I Help My Brother Out Of This Mess

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.
My brother just clocked 16 and he's in SS2..

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?
’Face your business’ gang, your food is ready
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Chuksmonika(m): 9:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
If it's cigarette that he is smoking, tell him to stop it and opt to weed.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by izubext007: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
Evil communication corrupt good manners. Smoking is like madness e dey hard to cure.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by SocialJustice: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2022
Dance Makosa
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by misscherrysmith(f): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2022
You could talk to him. That will help a lot.

Guest2008:

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Benrosaria(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

Homie the idea of WEED is to bring happiness amongst us but when you try to stop happiness from being amongst us cause of the education of religion then you have lost it all.

Let your brother be and I will give you so many reasons why you should let him be if you can be a path of an ultimate happiness system..

Fire is a technology just so you know: we are meant to eat raw.

Now these should stop you from pulling that boy down over your moms ignorant belief of weed is madness
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
If it is weed he is smoking
Then Your brother is gradually turning into a real niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

It enhance your mental strength...your sense of reasoning will be good....Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

And am going to make sure I finish this amala and ewedu

True but not for a 16 yr old. Lets keep it real.
Too young
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Lordedifice1: 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2022
Igbo labi
Flog hell out of him then flog heaven in him
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Sleekfingers: 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

Most teenagers started smoking about that age. I started smoking at 15. It is cigarette though. And not around the house. Putting pressure on him, won't make him stop. As a brother , why not talk to him.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 08, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

It enhance your mental strength...your sense of reasoning will be good....Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

wit dah 3 tie i swear this amala na small challenge
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Mustiboy(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2022
Nozino:

Enroll him for waec this year. 16 is too old to be in secondary school.

16 too old to be in secondary school?
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Sleekfingers: 9:41pm On Jan 08, 2022
prekumohtim:

Change his school

You are very funny.....and you think that will stop him from smoking?

Teenagers always like to experiment. I started smoking when I was in secondary school too. I was about 15years. Na boarding house I dey......

1 Like

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by EmmyDJourno: 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

Bro focus on his academics, make sure he smashes WAEC, watch his peers

Guide him career wise that is all you can do

He just needs to prioritize success in a chosen field. As for the smoking discuss it with him, how it makes him feel, don't banish him into a corner, smoking thrives there
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nyanabo(m): 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2022
Hand him over to street urchins. Make them hard reset his brain.

Also show him what he might end up becoming if he continues with that stuff at this young age.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Wasiu1496: 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2022
Guest2008:

Smoking no be bad thing, na if he dey use do another things

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Truvelisback(m): 9:54pm On Jan 08, 2022
Limassol:
As you age, you become weaker and vulnerable,While the young man attains his peak. Will you still have the strength to beat him up at 22,26,30? ? common sense is far from you.
Na u lack common sense. U must be a chronic smoker for siding him. At 16, he isn't too old to be beaten. I will beat stupidity out of him b4 advising him.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by bummyla(m): 10:03pm On Jan 08, 2022
First Thing First, before I forget!

Tell your mother to remove his door(s)!

Both the bedroom door and the toilet/bathroom door!

16 years is still fresh! We can save him by tough love!

My 21 years son, just started locked his room, which he has grown up to not lock, just because he is now an undergraduate! Some I have to show the good boy some respect! But before then, I his daddy needs unrestricted entrance to his room at all time. I dont have a girl, but if do, it will still be the same thing
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by milkyo5: 10:06pm On Jan 08, 2022
Tejumola856:
You no fit beat him?
Beat am well well, e go stop
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by cherryCola: 10:16pm On Jan 08, 2022
Truvelisback:
Talk to am ke? At 16? U no use cane beat craze commot for him head?

I swear my guy grin ,

That was what I told my junior bros, that
if I hear any rubbish from them for that Villa I go
burn machete for fire take bam them cheesy.

even jesus at some point use koboko wipe
people for temple grin.

1 Like

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Adejuwonhis(m): 10:21pm On Jan 08, 2022
Peer pressure is the major cause of this..
Get close to him
Be his guy don’t only be his brother...
That is the only way u can stop this..
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by lilsmart(m): 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2022
Na you still get that banana for side oo!!!
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by tfelicityk(m): 10:25pm On Jan 08, 2022
It is better you guys should take him for hard drug test in any NDLEA facilities or other rehabilitation center. Thereafter, he should be rehabilitated...

He needs to be integrated into good life again.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Ofolete: 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2022
[quote author=slawormiir post=109192676]Damnnn niggar

When will madness stop in yoruba land?

2 Likes

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by TheManOfTheYear: 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2022
Yeyeoldman:
Is a 16 old man a child? What is wrong with people? Let the man smoke if he so choose... This is why we can't revolt in this country right now. We were mostly raised to be timid and antisocial. In th name of stupid discipline most Africans became pseudo-introverts who knows nothing about socialization. At 16 he has the to smoke and have a sex partner if he so choose to... In Nigeria you will see a 30 years old man still eating from his mother's pot, with no realistic or executable plans of being independent.
16 is still a child oga.
And besides, his parents roof, his parents rules
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by DLSReigns: 11:10pm On Jan 08, 2022
Change is what is required. Start from d school and friends
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Volksguys1985: 11:11pm On Jan 08, 2022
Op na peer pressure, he will come out himself, i no even reach ur brother, when i started in Jss 3 plus ashawo joint o, but now everything looks dirty to me, though i only take alcohol occasionally which i will stop God willing when i marry.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Volksguys1985: 11:22pm On Jan 08, 2022
bummyla:
First Thing First, before I forget!

Tell your mother to remove his door(s)!

Both the bedroom door and the toilet/bathroom door!

16 years is still fresh! We can save him by tough love!

My 21 years son, just started locked his room, which he has grown up to not lock, just because he is now an undergraduate! Some I have to show the good boy some respect! But before then, I his daddy needs unrestricted entrance to his room at all time. I dont have a girl, but if do, it will still be the same thing

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by l0uie(m): 11:29pm On Jan 08, 2022
Tchw. Leave the dude. By trying to compel him to stop would only encourage him to do it out doors which could lead him to having sesh with wrong boys. Ensure that he eats healthily, nothing more. Weed is way better than cig or alcohol. I smoke but I never smoke for more than 5-6 months now.

(stashing up very soon, though).

(:

Too me, weed no bad because I never see any negative effect of weed in me nor on my appearance nor looks. I still fine die come fresh join.

(;

I don't see any big de in smoking weed giving that everything has its disadvantage. When you go know say to dey breathe get disadvantage too na when you're in a burning building and everywhere is clouded with smoke. You go wish not to have nostrils.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by l0uie(m): 11:36pm On Jan 08, 2022
Volksguys1985:
Op na peer pressure, he will come out himself, i no even reach ur brother, when i started in Jss 3 plus ashawo joint o, but now everything looks dirty to me, though i only take alcohol occasionally which i will stop God willing when i marry.

Smoking is '' dirty '' but alcohol isn't? Taking alcohol occasionally does not matter, oga. Na still alcohol you dey take. No come here dey try talk shit. Alcohol too is " dirty" and e bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke / Stolen Baby Recovered After 22 Days, Hale, Hearty (photo) / I Won’t Quit New Marriage, Woman Who Married Daughter’s Boyfriend Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.