Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room (31596 Views)

My 16 Year Old Live-in Maid Is Pregnant For A 20 Year Old Boy / A 50-year-old Man Impregnated My 16-year-old Sister. / "My Husband Sleeps With My 16-Year-Old Sister, Impregnated Her & Aborted": Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by hobyner(m): 9:48am On Jan 09, 2022
I started smoking weed at 16yrs too(2009). I was in 100Lvl. I've quit now but it took 10 years to beat the addiction, I didn't even consider it as an addiction until it got tiring for me to continue smoking weed(physically & mentally). My mum cried n was upset when she discovered. Your brothers case is not so different. He will probably continue smoking week for another 10+years too, studies show that people who start smoking in their teens find it hardest to stop. Hopefully your brother is brilliant, then he shouldn't have a problem living a normal life. Weed did not affect my studies, growth or personal life.
Do you know that Marijuana is safer than alcohol? You should be more worried if he's drinking heavily.
As time goes by all of una cry and worry will fade away. When he realizes the need to stop, he'll stop but the conviction has to come from within his heart. I hope this is helpful?

Guest2008:
How Can I Help My Brother Out Of This Mess

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.
My brother just clocked 16 and he's in SS2..

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Veeryeasy(m): 9:50am On Jan 09, 2022
It's a small thing, since your his senior brother he should relate with you more than he relates with your mom, let him tell you where he is learning that smoking from after the heart to heart talk, beat him properly then promise him more beating if it reoccurs slowly he'll change
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Limassol(m): 10:00am On Jan 09, 2022
Truvelisback:
Na u lack common sense. U must be a chronic smoker for siding him. At 16, he isn't too old to be beaten. I will beat stupidity out of him b4 advising him.
Your fellow specie are in the wilderness, you are a f**king animal.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Truvelisback(m): 10:44am On Jan 09, 2022
Limassol:
Your fellow specie are in the wilderness, you are a f**king animal.
Ur father, ur mother, and ur entire family are ANIMALS.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by confirmedniggae: 11:37am On Jan 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
If it is weed he is smoking
Then Your brother is gradually turning into a real niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

It enhance your mental strength...your sense of reasoning will be good....Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

And am going to make sure I finish this amala and ewedu

I see that banana

I see the groundnut

Where is the milk ?

I know u r preparing for a match with a lady !
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by MilkANDpepper: 11:37am On Jan 09, 2022
Start from there
Amotolongbo:
beating can only worsen it.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Guest2008: 12:02pm On Jan 09, 2022
Veeryeasy:
It's a small thing, since your his senior brother he should relate with you more than he relates with your mom, let him tell you where he is learning that smoking from after the heart to heart talk, beat him properly then promise him more beating if it reoccurs slowly he'll change
I'm a lady please.. I've been thinking about speaking with him but I don't even know where and how to start the talk..
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by riczy(m): 12:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
Me gat no advice for anyone this yr, d ones way I don give no body listen!
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:01pm On Jan 09, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
If it is weed he is smoking
Then Your brother is gradually turning into a real niggar

Smoking is good....far more better than drinking.....Highness from Smoking is the best...it will not make you vomit and it will not disgrace you like alcohol

It enhance your mental strength...your sense of reasoning will be good....Ogbeni op..As your brother is Smoking he should also be eating...there won't be problem

Even me I smoke alot....infact I be exhaust....I just finished Smoking about three tie now...

And am going to make sure I finish this amala and ewedu

I see, it's the reason you scam people off their hard earned money.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
Guest2008:
Wow! I pray God touches his heart o and I even wonder the kind of weed that is. I would have taken a picture of it but I don't know what my mum would think of it.
Op, if you guys don't act now and I mean now and fast, you might just lose your brother and it will be too late especially one that would be going to Uni soon.

You need to pray seriously for him, change his school, more strict with him, monitor him and report him to people he respects alot and who are good examples.
Ensure he no longer rolls with his friends, I don't know how you going to do this but only the violent can take what they desire by fire by force.

My mum was so strict with us, she almost killed my bro's enemy because he came home with pencils that belonged to his classmate. We were so fearful of her that we couldn't do anything stupid, then when she became soft, we found Christ, so it was difficult to divert to doing bad stuff. My point is, if you have to beat him, punish him severely, ensure you create some sort of fear in him and still show him love, please do it.

Go to Yaba, most of the young guys there are there because they used drugs, smoked weed etc Unfortunately when the brain is messed up, it takes the Grace of God to be fully back to sanity without daily drugs and this is very expensive, challenging, depressing and frustrating. Just find out from families who are going through such, you wouldn't wish it for your enemy.

I pray God gives you wisdom to help the young guy.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tejumola856:
You no fit beat him?
Leemaoo grin cheesy you wan beat person wen just start to dey kush I pity the beater shocked the boy go beat am to stupor
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Bigcowhorn: 1:22pm On Jan 09, 2022
Guest2008:

Good afternoon nairalanders. As I'm typing this, my mum is not herself and she's been crying since morning because she caught my younger one smoking in his room..

He locked himself in the room for a very long time and my mum decided to go check on him. After a while, he sprayed his room and opened the door.

The room was filled with this hard drug smell, she called me and we decided to check the room even though he denied ever smoking.. We saw a light brown paper that he probably tears from, a nylon containing something like sand and a lighter behind the toilet seat. Despite all this, he still denied it claiming the smell is probably from the next compound.

How can I advise and help him stop because I believe he was actually smoking even though he denied it?

Bad friends.
Most likely cult
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 09, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

I see, it's the reason you scam people off their hard earned money.
That's one way to look at it but the way I see it a fool and his money are soon parted cheesy it's in the Bible
All those people that lose money online are big fools and their money is better off in our pockets.
Btw insurance cover them especially the banks cool so no big deal
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by SatanTheDeviLL: 1:24pm On Jan 09, 2022
Bigcowhorn:

Bad friends.
Most likely cult
but u molest kids na
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Bigcowhorn: 1:27pm On Jan 09, 2022
SatanTheDeviLL:
but u molest kids na

Only your mother and sisters, no one else
I go molest them tire with my big cow prick

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by SatanTheDeviLL: 1:51pm On Jan 09, 2022
Bigcowhorn:

Only my mother and sisters, no one else
I go molest them and their kids tire with my big cow prick
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by yuping(m): 3:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
Limassol:
You started well, yet deviate.To be clear, any form of aggression or hostility towards that young man will be counterproductive in the short-run and harmful in the long-run. A CBT may be a game changer, flexing muscles will only ruin it.
but African kid need auto reset sometimes (strong hand).
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Bigcowhorn: 3:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
SatanTheDeviLL:

Only my mother and sisters, no one else
I go molest them and their kids tire with my big cow prick

Shameless Pervert undecided

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Limassol(m): 4:58pm On Jan 09, 2022
yuping:
but African kid need auto reset sometimes (strong hand).
I understand you well, and i also relate what your sentiments, but the question is, how effective is such strategy both in short and long term? are there better techniques to use? It is tempting to use brawn when correcting an erring kid, but to what end? Many people who were given the corporal punishment never turned out well.

1 Like

Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Rhea(f): 7:29pm On Jan 09, 2022
Guest2008:

This is a very big issue, considering that smoking marijuana is the gateway to trying other harmful drugs like crystal meth.

First, you need to starve him of the funds to sustain his habits. Marijuana is not cheap. Drastically reduce his funds. If he wants to steal to make ends meet, then kick him out of the house.

If he does earn a living, then he is essentially an emancipated adult and can sustain his unhealthy habits. In which case, kick him out of the house.

Otherwise, speak to him in very plain and bold terms that he is on the path that leads to guaranteed destruction.
If he will accompany you, take him on a trip to a psychiatric unit to see where he will end up in a few years if he does not give up the habit.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Veeryeasy(m): 7:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Guest2008:
I'm a lady please.. I've been thinking about speaking with him but I don't even know where and how to start the talk..

Start from knowing where he learnt it from, why he is smoking, after smoking what he gains.. after knowing all these things let him know he should not be smoking then beat him properly
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Guest2008: 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2022
Rhea:

This is a very big issue, considering that smoking marijuana is the gateway to trying other harmful drugs like crystal meth.

First, you need to starve him of the funds to sustain his habits. Marijuana is not cheap. Drastically reduce his funds. If he wants to steal to make ends meet, then kick him out of the house.

If he does earn a living, then he is essentially an emancipated adult and can sustain his unhealthy habits. In which case, kick him out of the house.

Otherwise, speak to him in very plain and bold terms that he is on the path that leads to guaranteed destruction.
If he will accompany you, take him on a trip to a psychiatric unit to see where he will end up in a few years if he does not give up the habit.
Hmmmm... We can't possibly kick him out.. He's actually started stealing, just didn't want to add that... Just few weeks ago, he stole 5k from mum's bag and by the time we realized, it was 2k left. He was even caught before 10am..
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by MsFaith: 5:21am On Jan 10, 2022
Ammishaddai:
My brother , it is only God that can deliver a person from smoking . And I will advise that you tell your brother to start attending a bible-believing church before he advances to stronger hallucinogenic substances

shocked I'm surprised at your adjective, is there a bible-non believing church?
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:28am On Jan 10, 2022
Remag666:

That's one way to look at it but the way I see it a fool and his money are soon parted cheesy it's in the Bible
All those people that lose money online are big fools and their money is better off in our pockets.
Btw insurance cover them especially the banks cool so no big deal
Total rubbish! God is watching us all...And God can never be mocked. You’d meet your Waterloo soon.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Slimsaj: 12:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
Guest2008:

[b][/b] the best thing you can do for him is to tell and show him all the advantages and disadvantages, reactions and repercussions etc then he is left to choose.
But from the way you sound you dont know anything about this so dont even try cause you will end up making it worse.
You need the help of a well experienced addict who has gotten his shit together.
Call 09063842424 to find one.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Guest2008: 1:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
Slimsaj:

[b][/b] the best thing you can do for him is to tell and show him all the advantages and disadvantages, reactions and repercussions etc then he is left to choose.
But from the way you sound you dont know anything about this so dont even try cause you will end up making it worse.
You need the help of a well experienced addict who has gotten his shit together.
Call 09063842424 to find one.
Thanks.. I've called and I got a response already. I'll keep in touch and probably connect my younger bro with the person.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Fortuneadeniyi3: 3:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
Sabadon:
I remember while growing up i always saw young guys smoking, with great enthusiasm i always wanted to try it of course with emmanuel my childhood paddi, well dad had a way of advising with action, when he saw my enthusiasm, he offered me and emma 2 sticks each and said we could go on smoking if we were successful smoking.....

Long story short, i developed a phobia for anything smoke after i almost choked my lungs out, that was what discouraged me from smoking
I have been smoking since 4 years now and it never choked my lungs out lipsrsealed
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

Total rubbish! God is watching us all...And God can never be mocked. You’d meet your Waterloo soon.
See this one so my momsy no go chop again abi as una useless government no provide job nko?
Get money from Nigerians or the whites....I choose the lesser of the two evils cheesy
You like swear from now till next upper year I won't meet any Waterloo anytime soon I no collect money from your papa
As soon as I get 4milli dolls from my hustle I'm going legit grin
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 6:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
Remag666:

See this one so my momsy no go chop again abi as una useless government no provide job nko?
Get money from Nigerians or the whites....I choose the lesser of the two evils cheesy
You like swear from now till next upper year I won't meet any Waterloo anytime soon I no collect money from your papa
As soon as I get 4milli dolls from my hustle I'm going legit grin
Smh! You will remember this comment of yours certainly.
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
Xilsbridalhouse:

Smh! You will remember this comment of yours certainly.
Of course I will when I meet my target cool I just need 4m shikini money and I'm out the game cheesy
God no go vex
Re: We Caught My 16-Year-Old Brother Smoking In His Room by Elliotwealth1(m): 10:39am On Jan 11, 2022
Lol both �
Not tasty just the effects on the brain is tremendous

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) / My Dad Pursued Me Out Of His House Because I Smoke / Family Section Reality Show - Keeping Up With Nairalanders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.