Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,473 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) (40171 Views)

Video Of Sand Storm In Yola, Adamawa State / Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) / Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 8:18pm On Jan 10, 2022
SeriouslySense:
I know myself, I would stay indoors, and if I were to go out, I would make sure I was prepared, and they had children, so it's more risk, its not really worth it, unless the place is not isolated.

They took too much risk with children, maybe they thought there was more certainty in numbers, they should at least had prepared, like even with alert items, like extra tires to burn, to raise alarm, or inflatable tents, or buffer tents, and enough clothing.

So we good on equal terms.

And I guess they all should be thanked for dying

Their death has brought a life
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 8:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
It's sad, especially for the children that were not responsible for the decisions, at least we learn from everything. That knowledge may be relevant.

Benrosaria:

So we good on equal terms.

And I guess they all should be thanked for dying

There death has brought a life
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by Benrosaria(m): 8:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
SeriouslySense:
It's sad, especially for the children that were not responsible for the decisions, at least we learn from everything. That knowledge may be relevant.

Love isn’t ownership

Yeah sad but a parent to be blamed

Ignorance is bliss

If we all knew we would all be teachers and not learners, then by generations to come they become learners and better teachers.

But every generation to generation is still learning, and this is notable for blacks

We all should have been passionate about knowing EVERYTHING that is NOTHING
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by Philanderboy(m): 9:55pm On Jan 10, 2022
iamoyindamola:
Snow in Pakistan shocked I thought it desert
E shock me oo
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by Gmajor(m): 5:37am On Jan 11, 2022
Were you in the car with them?
Tpharell:
Asphyxiation seems improbable since they can always wind down the car glass momentarily for some quick fresh air, that is if the vehicle itself does not have automatic climate control/recirculation.
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:38am On Jan 11, 2022
VanuatuWycombe:

Ask people from Taraba area and the plateau plains, not only in Jos or Plateaus State o. Some sections of Adamawa too. I have seen snowflakes in Kaduna sef just that it was melting away quickly.

Africa too would have been experiencing snow when it is Winter in Europe because the planetary winds would have started blowing from freezing Europe through Northern African countries like Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Morocco, and Algeria but because the icy and highly dense wind will cross several thousands of kilometers through the deserts before it gets to us, the wind gets dried but it is still cold. That is the harmattan we experience.
Then, the higher a place is to the ground, the cooler it becomes.

During Summers, the planetary wind changes as it starts blowing from the Atlantic Ocean (that’s Southern Nigeria) where there is no snow or ice so, we don’t experience coldness except when it rains and temperature drops.

It snows in some Northern African countries like you said, some areas in the Sahara desert (i have the thread).

But in Nigeria, i think is hail.
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by Tpharell: 7:59am On Jan 11, 2022
Gmajor:
Were you in the car with them?
Your question is akin to asking 'how do you know your parents concieved you? Where you there when they had intercourse?'
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by Gmajor(m): 9:05am On Jan 11, 2022
No.
You're making a false equivalence.
You made a statement as if you know that it is a fact. But there's no way you can be sure that you're correct unless you were with them when it happened
Tpharell:

Your question is akin to asking 'how do you know your parents concieved you? Where you there when they had intercourse?'
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by Tpharell: 9:16am On Jan 11, 2022
Gmajor:
No.
You're making a false equivalence.
You made a statement as if you know that it is a fact. But there's no way you can be sure that you're correct unless you were with them when it happened
Same with the poser i put to you. It is not factual except you were there to witness on the night of your conception.
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by Gmajor(m): 10:43am On Jan 11, 2022
You're not making sense.
They article said that some died by asphyxiation.
You said this isn't possible considering that they opened the window to let in fresh air.
Are you now saying that they opened the window and still died of asphyxiation?
Tpharell:

Same with the poser i put to you. It is not factual except you were there to witness on the night of your conception.
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by Tpharell: 12:16pm On Jan 11, 2022
Gmajor:
You're not making sense.
They article said that some died by asphyxiation.
You said this isn't possible considering that they opened the window to let in fresh air.
Are you now saying that they opened the window and still died of asphyxiation?
I never said they opened the window. Just realized that you never understood my initial post, hence the back and forth. Confirm before attempting your response please
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by AlphaTaikun: 7:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
Explorers:
At least 22 people including 10 children have died after a heavy snow storm left 100s of cars stranded in a mountain resort town in Pakistan.

Eight of the fatalities were from the family of Islamabad police officer Naveed Iqbal, who died alongside his wife and six children.

Police said most people had frozen to death in their cars but that others may have died from asphyxiation after turning on their vehicle's heaters to keep warm after getting stuck on the road.

More than four feet of snow fell in the hillside town overnight on Friday, trapping tourists and blocking all incoming traffic to Murree, around 70km northeast of the capital Islamabad, the next day.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10381461/At-21-die-vehicles-trapped-Pakistan-snowstorm.html
Pakistan snow storms...
The effects of climate change.

Cold, snowy scenes of white
beauty and decimation.
Re: Over 20 People, Children Die In Cars Trapped In Snow Storm In Pakistan(Photos) by HITsquad: 10:43am On Apr 20, 2022
nairalander2020:
A thing of beauty can be disastrous at a given time.
Ftc
There's nothing beautiful about snow! it's freezing,its uncomfortable to walk on and its annoying.

so stop calling a white man's curse a beauty.
I bet if Africa had all that Snow and the rest of the world don't? they would still find a way to convince you that snow is associated with poverty and suffering.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Fiancee Is Relocating To UK / Oriola Aregbesola: US Navy Announces Sailor Who Died In The Red Sea / EU Plans To Impose Visa Restrictions On Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.