Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) (72778 Views)

Couple, Their 3 Children Die As Car Rams Into Truck On Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Oyebode Oyenuga: Nigerian Man Missing In Canada (Photo) / Man's Wife And 3 Children Die In Fatal Accident In Benue (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Gistpeeps: 9:43am On Jan 08, 2020
Mom shares grief after New Year's crash that killed 3 children

A community is bonding together to help a family after a tragic car crash claimed the lives of three children on New Year's Day.

Uche Osagie was driving back to Sudbury, Ont. when the car left Highway 17 and crashed into a rock cut. Her sons Destiny, 11, and Flourish, 10, died on that snowy highway.

Her daughter Britney, 6, died later in hospital.

Police said a 10-year-old boy, not related to the other children, was airlifted to hospital with life-threatening injuries. His 45-year-old mother was also a passenger in the car and suffered minor injuries.

Pastor Christian Mgbokwere, who has been attending to Uche Osagie since the crash, said the community has been more than supportive.

Funeral home operator Gerry Lougheed has been in daily contact with the pastor, and has helped set funeral arrangements for the three children. Mgbokwere said Glad Tidings Church has been "ready to give us every assistance."

"I've received calls from people I don't know," he said. "From the time [Osagie] was in the hospital...everybody's really tried."

"The whole community's devastated," he said. "So they are trying in any way to assist the family through these trying times. So I appreciate that so much."

A GoFundMe page has also been set up to help ease some of the financial pressures. It's so far raised over $17,000.

Destiny, Flourish and Britney
Osagie said her children were musical, a trait they inherited from her.

"My daughter Britney likes to dance and Destiny loved to sing a lot," Osagie said. "He told me he was going to be a rapper."

"And my son Flourish loved to play basketball."

The school the kids attended– Chelmsford Public School– flew the Canadian flag at half-mast today.

A spokesperson for the Rainbow District School Board said in a release that the board's mental health team will be at the school today to help.

"We extend our deepest sympathy to all those who have been touched by this tragedy," said the release.

"We will offer supportive talks with caring adults and more assistance, as needed," it continued. "Students will have an opportunity to pay tribute to their classmates through a book of remembrance in the foyer... We will share the book with the family."

The road back from Toronto
Osagie, who recently fled Nigeria, said she received a letter from Immigration Canada on December 23, saying her application to stay in the country had been rejected.

She said she was given 15 days to respond at the risk of deportation.

Osagie drove to Toronto, spending the Christmas holidays searching for a lawyer to appeal the case. She finally found a lawyer to represent her family, and was making the 400 kilometre trip back.

"My son Destiny said 'no, I'm not going back to Nigeria," Osagie said. "I want to live in Canada. I would rather die than be deported."

"Today, my son is going to be buried in Canada."

Mgbokwere added that fears of deportation plague the Nigerian community in Canada.

"Most of us here are facing the same situation, our individual claims had been rejected, most of us are awaiting their removal from here," he said.

"We are only asking the Immigration….please if they can be able to allow us to stay here," he said.

"A lot of families are in trauma here. If we deport them now when they get to Nigeria they face the same situation. Most of them would die of different ways."

The funeral for the Osagie family is expected to be on January 18.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5416402

1 Like 7 Shares

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by daddytime(m): 9:50am On Jan 08, 2020
Speechless...

He who owns life knows best.

18 Likes

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by donbachi(m): 10:06am On Jan 08, 2020
Lost mind....RIP cuties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by hisexcellency34: 10:07am On Jan 08, 2020
Some people be doing as if Nigeria is Somalia or Lesotho

158 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Karemarealty288(m): 10:25am On Jan 08, 2020
The will of God is not the will of Man...

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by joyandfaith: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2020
death everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Sain(m): 10:29am On Jan 08, 2020
daddytime:
Speechless...

He who owns life knows best.

That's true,we can't predict life.

5 Likes

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Nobody: 10:36am On Jan 08, 2020
lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Okoroawusa: 11:02am On Jan 08, 2020
You can survive as an illegal immigrant in America n UK but not Canada. They are very meticulous n strict.

Poor children!

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by RoyalBlu(f): 11:59am On Jan 08, 2020
Having a sick child on your hands hurts like hell, not to talk of three dead ones.

Oh the heart break angry cry

May God give her the fortitude to bear this great loss.

Even a kid understands Nigeria is a ***** place to live in compared to where he was.

It's well.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by LadySarah: 1:17pm On Jan 08, 2020
Which parent teaches her child to say I'd rather die than something else?

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by sparog(m): 2:02pm On Jan 08, 2020
I can understand why the boy would rather prefer to die than come back to Naija.

Nobody who has tasted life in those climes would want to return to Naija amidst all the hardship.

I pray their souls find rest in the bosom of the Lord... RIP

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
Uche Osagie was driving back to Sudbury, Ont. when the car left Highway 17 and crashed into a rock cut. Her sons Destiny, 11, and Flourish, 10, died on that snowy highway. 
Her daughter Britney, 6, died later in hospital. 

Damn it!
What a sad story this new year!
How can the mother survive this colossal loss?!

RIP to the kids!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by airminem(f): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
sad RIP
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by nevergiveup89: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by TRUSTEDGUY: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
I feel your pain madam. Am very very sorry for the lost of your lovely kind. May the almighty God be with you in this time of need.

3 Likes

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by wink2015(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
The year has just started we are hearing BAD NEWS !

This should not be our portion.

1 Like

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
Sigh....

Am cold
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by adonainana: 2:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
fsfd
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by adonainana: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Some people be doing as if Nigeria is Somalia or Lesotho

Fam its so bad oooo, like some people even prefer to go to Iraq than Nigeria.

Reminds me what one lady was saying in Punch the other day like, this bad road una dey complain about everyday.
If tommorrow now "all the roads, electricity, hospital was working well," Do u think u will all of a sudden become rich

But cant blame all these foreign families tho, they often avoid coming to nigeria because they cant afford anything in Nigeria tbh, some whilst even working abroad wasnt thinking of building a home or buying a car in nigeria.

So in essence, most people never return to nigeria because they dont have any single thing in nigeria to boast of.

Plus the normal hardship that requires money, so perhaps sometimes someone can understand why they would rather go to iran and die there than come to nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by MycroftHolmes: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
RIP to those cuties.
May God grant their parents the heart to bear this devastating loss.

And to that p*rn advertiser up there, sense is still very far from you.

2 Likes

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by millionboi2: 2:25pm On Jan 08, 2020
I prefer naija

All u need is d money

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by salford1: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
RIP little ones.
Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by akilo1: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
Village people at work

1 Like

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Edyice: 2:26pm On Jan 08, 2020
It is the fear of returning to NAIJA that kill this one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by salford1: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
Kekereekun123:
say to illegal migration/asylum crap. canada will still deport her. [s]she may have deliberately caused the crash to obtain sympathy[/s].
The authorities would wait for her to end the mourning and still carry out the deportation - The law is blind.
It's sad all around. May God heal the parent's wound and the fortitude to bear the loss.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uche Osagie's 3 Children Die In New Year's Crash In Canada (Photo) by Btruth: 2:27pm On Jan 08, 2020
shocked

.....death of a child is enough pain for parents, not to talk of 3.

God, I cannot query you ooo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

China Constructs World's Longest Glass Walkway On A Mountain (Photos) / Lagos Passenger Sleeping Refused To Wake Up After Reaching Last Bus Stop (Video) / Hummer Crashed Into Oba Of Benin's Palace Wall, Gets Destroyed, But Not The Wall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.