Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec (4443 Views)

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 100X Zoom Camera, 108 Megapixels - This Is It! / Samsung Galaxy A40 Launched With 25MP Front Facing Camera: Spec, Feature / Do Higher Megapixels Translate Into Better Cameras/photos? The Truth.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by tellsblinks(m): 9:57am On Jan 16, 2022
Op why does transion camera reduces??
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by tellsblinks(m): 9:59am On Jan 16, 2022
Very important post. Transion users please read it again

atheistandproud:

If a company fails to post their hardware specs or release them to reviewers beyond the usual megapixel count, then they are practising false advertising and you probably should not buy from them.

1 Like

Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by atheistandproud(m): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2022
tellsblinks:
Op why does transion camera reduces??

Most cameras at some point in their life will start to produce diminishing returns. It now becomes a matter of "when?".

In this scenario, I wouldn't fault Transsion alone. Umidigi, Leagoo, Innjoo and Vivo aren't any better. I may have written about somewhere in the past.

1. Rough use. People tend to scratch their camera glass alot. That'll affect photography.

2. Generic sensors. Using cameras from unnamed makers may keep costs down but those cameras do not last. Transsion likes using generic sensors.

3. Hardware. This is especially true for Mediatek. As Mediatek SoCs begin to grow old, they start to slow down, the ISP that processes images can no longer produce the quality of images that it used to in the past.

4. Plastic lenses: plastic lens may keep prices down but they start to blur over times especially due to air, vapour, dust etc. Bigger brands prefer to use glass which lasts longer.

5. Exposure to dust and water

4 Likes

Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Freelancerx: 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
People do not want to get new information and that is sad.
atheistandproud:

That was how some people told us here on Nairaland that the knowledge of processors (SoCs) is a waste.

That Helio P22 is good. As long as the phone works. That's what matters. That phones are not meant for gaming.

Today now they're singing about Helio G series and how processor is important. Talking about how G95 is a gaming processor.

As you see me, I no get power again. Anything when them believe. I agree. This na new year.
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Godsonjolly: 1:14pm On Jan 16, 2022
atheistandproud:

Most cameras at some point in their life will start to produce diminishing returns. It now becomes a matter of "when?".

In this scenario, I wouldn't fault Transsion alone. Umidigi, Leagoo, Innjoo and Vivo aren't any better. I may have written about somewhere in the past.

1. Rough use. People tend to scratch their camera glass alot. That'll affect photography.

2. Generic sensors. Using cameras from unnamed makers may keep costs down but those cameras do not last. Transsion likes using generic sensors.

3. Hardware. This is especially true for Mediatek. As Mediatek SoCs begin to grow old, they start to slow down, the ISP that processes images can no longer produce the quality of images that it used to in the past.

4. Plastic lenses: plastic lens may keep prices down but they start to blur over times especially due to air, vapour, dust etc. Bigger brands prefer to use glass which lasts longer.

5. Exposure to dust and water

Hmm. Very insightful,so which phone brand is best to buy except Samsung, iPhone, Google....
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by atheistandproud(m): 1:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
Godsonjolly:

Hmm. Very insightful,so which phone brand is best to buy except Samsung, iPhone, Google....

It's not about brands. Samsung makes very bad phones too. Anything below A30 is trash.

iPhones have serious bugs and heating issues.

Google bricked their phones in December with updates.

Stop looking at brands. Judge each phone individually. Check each spec before reaching a decision.

4 Likes

Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by AREWAELENU: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
Good one
atheistandproud:

It's not about brands. Samsung makes very bad phones too. Anything below A30 is trash.

Stop looking at brands. Judge each phone individually. Check each spec before reaching a decision.

1 Like

Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Mohbola(f): 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2022
Randerl:

Nobody dey quarrel our other friends na make dem up their game.

Some of their devices just dey push me towards Samsung M series.
And you don't think they are upping their game yet?
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Mohbola(f): 10:31pm On Jan 16, 2022
atheistandproud:

Good to see see you bro.

I don repent. I no dey fight again. Even Mohbola na my sweetheart now sef. Untill her husband go wipe me with 2 by 4.

grin grin grin grin
smiley smiley I hail Sir
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by paduzman: 7:43am On Jan 17, 2022
Nice info, this was a nice read.

1 Like

Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by paduzman: 7:43am On Jan 17, 2022
sureinfo:
Nice, thanks for the info, I'm still very much flexing the amazing camera on my phantom x
abi? The 50 super pixel of that Phantom has been delivering since time memorial
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by paduzman: 7:46am On Jan 17, 2022
Idrisab:
Infinix and Tecno with 48 MEGAPIXEL shit all the time

With blurry pictures grin
na only you know where you buy your Infinix and TECNO phones from o,cos the ones I've been using have superb camera
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by alphabbey1(m): 9:37am On Jan 17, 2022
soundOsonic:
Are we buying phones or camera. I believe everyone should get a camera for good resolution. No need for all this pixel wars on phone. The resolution of average phone is normal. Any addition is altering the actual image or just more beautification features
Lol, Apologies, but u just said nonesense bro grin so in this century, you think camera quality of phone is not a deciding factor in purchasing it ? In this era of social media...

1 Like

Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Godsonjolly: 9:53am On Jan 17, 2022
atheistandproud:

Hmm. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Idrisab(m): 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2022
paduzman:
na only you know where you buy your Infinix and TECNO phones from o,cos the ones I've been using have superb camera
Lmao
You will Soon gerrit
cheesy
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Fonjewel0(f): 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2022
Same here o! Camera is sharp!

paduzman:
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Kakadancefreak(f): 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2022
My Canon 18 gimbal camera is madtttttttt!
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Wanni25(f): 6:16pm On Jan 17, 2022
You are right!

Camon 18 premier is dam good!

Kakadancefreak:
My Canon 18 gimbal camera is madtttttttt!

Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Idarachris84: 6:39pm On Jan 17, 2022
Depends on usage and care too!

My camera I handle it with care!

Like raw egg!

1 Like

Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Sainthia: 1:45pm On Jan 20, 2022
paduzman:
even my camon 15 sef, the camera dey sharp
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by atheistandproud(m): 6:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
Idarachris84:
Depends on usage and care too!

My camera I handle it with care!

Like raw egg!

Exactly.

Many people are rough with their phones but yet they'll be looking for something else to blame.
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Tobedated(m): 11:07am On Jan 29, 2022
So are phones using 48mp/0.8 camera like umidigi bison still good for taking some good pictures or are all the pictures taking awful
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Thazard(m): 11:51am On Jan 29, 2022
atheistandproud:

You're welcome.

Hello sir,

I remember you talked about gsm network sometime ago,why a used usa phone can't work in nigeria
Please can you pinpoint me to the thread.
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by atheistandproud(m): 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2022
Tobedated:
So are phones using 48mp/0.8 camera like umidigi bison still good for taking some good pictures or are all the pictures taking awful

Stop looking at megapixel counts

It's the sensor, ISP and software that matters.

A 48MP Sony or Samsung camera sensor will do well with a good ISP + software and will likewise flop with a poor ISP + software.
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by atheistandproud(m): 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2022
Thazard:

Hello sir,

I remember you talked about gsm network sometime ago,why a used usa phone can't work in nigeria
Please can you pinpoint me to the thread.

Here you go

https://www.nairaland.com/6905430/dangers-buying-phones-made-china
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Tobedated(m): 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2022
atheistandproud:

Stop looking at megapixel counts

It's the sensor, ISP and software that matters.

A 48MP Sony or Samsung camera sensor will do well with a good ISP + software and will likewise flop with a poor ISP + software.
Well it SONY IMX586 EXYMOR RS but given that it umidigi there's most likely poor software
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by atheistandproud(m): 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2022
Tobedated:

Well it SONY IMX586 EXYMOR RS but given that it umidigi there's most likely poor software

Yes, now you're talking.

Umidigi has poor software, both system-wide and specifically in photography.

To make matters worse, the Bison is powered by a MediaTek Helio P60 which has a poor ISP for photography.
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by atheistandproud(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2022
Tobedated:

To add to this, the Helio P60 doesn't even support that 48mp camera. It can only support up to 32MP sensors. In other words, it's effectively downgrading shots from that 48mp to 32mp.
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by snillocer(m): 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2022
atheistandproud:

To add to this, the Helio P60 doesn't even support that 48mp camera. It can only support up to 32MP sensors. In other words, it's effectively downgrading shots from that 48mp to 32mp.

Good day. Sorry to disturb.

Pls how can I get rid of these notifications.. like how can I remove the email addresses from my phone? I've cleared my Google play services cache but it still didn't go out?
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Tobedated(m): 3:59pm On Jan 29, 2022
atheistandproud:

well damn when i first so that i thought it was a mistake. why install a 48mp camera on a SoC that support only up to 32mp well the specs are still nice for it price sha. would have been perfect if i get a custom rom to replace umidigi software
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by Thazard(m): 6:02pm On Jan 29, 2022
Re: Why Megapixels Are A Misleading Camera Spec by atheistandproud(m): 6:06pm On Jan 29, 2022
snillocer:

Good day. Sorry to disturb.

Pls how can I get rid of these notifications.. like how can I remove the email addresses from my phone? I've cleared my Google play services cache but it still didn't go out?

Tap on the notification and see what it says.

Screenshot and send.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sending Sms And Withholding Ur Number / Mtn Customer Care Number / Help Me Decide Btw Tecno H6 And The Infinix Hot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.