Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- (11857 Views)

Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / Ken Saro Wiwa's Curse On Nigeria 24 Years Ago / "Soldier Poured Acid On Saro-Wiwa After Killing Him" - Eyewitness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by AfonjaFula: 9:28am On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Gibberish!!

If Ironsi have dealt with the coup plotters immediately and handover power to civilians maybe the counter coup won't have happened.

Killing of Ibos in the North was a terrible thing, but Ojuku knew seccesion is a crime in Nigeria, Nnamdi Azikwe was against the seccesion clause in our referendum so secceding is a crime

Imagine if the Scottish just decide to secced from the UK without carrying other people alone.

You saw how it ended for the Catalonians in Spain?

No where in the world will Ojuku do what he did and it won't lead to a civil war.

He didn't just leave with Ibo land, he left will Cross River and Rivers State, the states that is not part of Ibo land.

And so meaning what?
Ok, even if vengeance is recommended on ur above assertion, what had the civilian class to do with the military drama.

That shows something else breeding -aged hate birthed of jealousy. But look at the north today, every better market there it this day is again filled by the Igbo's, they taught razing it would end what God have planted deep in a people.

The irony is every creature is unique in their own sphere's but you not developing urs and chasing another's downfall, the Igbo's call it "oji onye n'ala hi onwe ya' meaning "he that holdeth another to the grown also holdeth himself".
Think about that deeply, and that have since been the behind stage reason of the many years of Nigerias u progressiveness being ensued by collected hatred and downput of the Igbo's, instead of a reverse.

Nigeria can only get better when you all leave Igbo's alone, saddly that may never realize and a shake to all when they finally get their Biafra and the world spit on all Nigerians heads, why they had held this beauties down for ages.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by Collins4u1(m): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2022
Idamond:
Big lie from stupd self proclaimed dot ndi ara.
someone that dead 19s took property from someone that dead 20s..
even by rank ken is far behind ojukwu.

The post said Sir Louis not Sir Chukwuemeka

4 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 09, 2022
AfonjaFula:

And so meaning what?
Ok, even if vengeance is recommended on ur above assertion, what had the civilian class to do with the military drama.

That shows something else breeding -aged hate birthed of jealousy. But look at the north today, every better market there it this day is again filled by the Igbo's, they taught razing it would end what God have planted deep in a people.

The irony is every creature is unique in their own sphere's but you not developing urs and chasing another's downfall, the Igbo's call it "oji onye n'ala hi onwe ya' meaning "he that holdeth another to the grown also holdeth himself".
Think about that deeply, and that have since been the behind stage reason of the many years of Nigerias u progressiveness being ensued by collected hatred and downput of the Igbo's, instead of a reverse.

Nigeria can only get better when you all leave Igbo's alone, saddly that may never realize and a shake to all when they finally get their Biafra and the world spit on all Nigerians heads, why they had held this beauties down for ages.
Northern Civilians have been attacking Ibo civilians before 1960, when men like Awolowo suggested that a seccesion clause to be included in our constitution, Azikwe refused.

I'm not jealous of any Ibo man, I do not care if they leave Nigeria or not, but what I won't agree with is an Ibo man saying someone is stopping them from leaving when they are not taking any meaningful step in leaving.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by Malawian(m): 9:37am On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Is the WAEC house owned by the South West or FG?

Ojuku was lucky to even get back his properties. He unleashed a senseless and unnecessary war on Nigeria.

He is a traitor, in a country like China, he will be executed for doing what he did. So he should be grateful for
WAEC house belonged to Ojukwu's father. It is public knowledge till date. You can Google it or ask your parents. I repeat, have you people returned that property to Ojukwu's family?

4 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by olisaEze(m): 9:39am On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Gibberish!!

If Ironsi have dealt with the coup plotters immediately and handover power to civilians maybe the counter coup won't have happened.

Killing of Ibos in the North was a terrible thing, but Ojuku knew seccesion is a crime in Nigeria, Nnamdi Azikwe was against the seccesion clause in our referendum so secceding is a crime

Imagine if the Scottish just decide to secced from the UK without carrying other people alone.

You saw how it ended for the Catalonians in Spain?

No where in the world will Ojuku do what he did and it won't lead to a civil war.

He didn't just leave with Ibo land, he left will Cross River and Rivers State, the states that is not part of Ibo land.

First off my young friend, ur language is ambiguous. There is no where in the Nigerian constitution that allows for secession. You also seem uncertain of the meaning of the word referendum, which can be summarized as popular vote. The only time referendum has been associated with the country Nigeria was in February 1961 when the United Nations carried out a referendum in Northern Cameroon seeking to join it with Northern Nigeria. A greater part of Southern Nigeria was joined to Cameroon in June or October (I’m not so certain of the month now) without a referendum. That’s how Cameroon became a bilingual nation. Coming back to Col. Ojukwu, the personal opinion of one man on the war does not make another a traitor. If a govt must expect loyalty from its citizens, it must first and foremost dispense justice as and when due. You can’t expect loyalty from a people ur people tried to exterminate from before independence. Pls don’t take my word for it, look up the casualties of the Kano riots against independence in 1952, they were solely Igbo! Till date no one has ever been convicted for killing innocent Igbo women & children in the North! Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu didn’t start a war for his personal aggrandizement, his people needed a protector from their own Federal govt and he had no choice but to become just that, look it up. Maybe u will understand better when u search out info by urself than wen u just quote what others have told u.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by aribisala0(m): 9:52am On Jan 09, 2022
olisaEze:

First off my young friend, ur language is ambiguous. There is no where in the Nigerian constitution that allows for secession. You also seem uncertain of the meaning of the word referendum, which can be summarized as popular vote. The only time referendum has been associated with the country Nigeria was in February 1961 when the United Nations carried out a referendum in Northern Cameroon seeking to join it with Northern Nigeria. A greater part of Southern Nigeria was joined to Cameroon in June or October (I’m not so certain of the month now) without a referendum. That’s how Cameroon became a bilingual nation. Coming back to Col. Ojukwu, the personal opinion of one man on the war does not make another a traitor. If a govt must expect loyalty from its citizens, it must first and foremost dispense justice as and when due. You can’t expect loyalty from a people ur people tried to exterminate just before independence. Pls don’t take my word for it, look up the casualties of the Kano riots against independence in 1952, they were solely Igbo! Till date no one has ever been convicted for killing innocent Igbo women & children in the North! Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu didn’t start a war just for his personal aggrandizement, his people needed a protector from their own Federal govt and he had no choice but to become just that, look it up. Maybe u will understand better when u search out info by urself than wen u just quote what others have told u.
Exaggeration and lies

People killed in Kano in 1952 were solely Ibo?? SOURCE
When you lie so shamelessly no one takes you seriously anymore
Was anyone convicted by Ironsi for the slaughter of NON+IBOS in the January 15 1966 Coup

At least it is a fact those killed were
SOLELY NON-IBOS

10 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by Lawly: 9:58am On Jan 09, 2022
dipson4u08:

The actual problem Is not Nigeria, the major problem is the disunity among the igbo leaders

The igbos major problems are the igbos themselves. Their selfishness knows no bounds. One igbo man for greed sake will comfortably sell or kill his entire family including the person that is his pillar in life just for little money that he will eat today only that won't be available tomorrow and he won't care. An igbo man's greed makes him sell the lives and aspirations of all his kinsmen and entire tribe just for little money or power that he and his loved ones will use to also intimidate his kinsmen. The major problems come from igbo poor men. Take an igbo poor man and promise him pocket money or that you will give him power and watch him sell all his people including his brothers and his mother.
I'm igbo and I agree very much with you. MNK is in custody today and it was the same igbos always around him that were bought over right under his nose and that sold out his hideouts and that arranged the incidents and events he was caught and rearrested.
So whenever wickedness or any heartless marginalization is perpetrated on the igbos, I don't care and I don't bother. The average igbo man is mindlessly wicked. If we are given the biafra tomorrow, due to the bad characters of our people, there will still be serious problems.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 09, 2022
Malawian:

WAEC house belonged to Ojukwu's father. It is public knowledge till date. You can Google it or ask your parents. I repeat, have you people returned that property to Ojukwu's family?
I don't represent the FG

Next

8 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by aribisala0(m): 9:59am On Jan 09, 2022
Malawian:

It is not public knowledge.
It is another Eboe lie
Ojukwu went to court against Lagos State and won his property back so stop telling all these childish lies
Not only WAEC House what about Unilag is that not part of his property?

10 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by KingOKON: 10:12am On Jan 09, 2022
Malawian:

The Igbo version of LIE Mohammed

12 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by aribisala0(m): 10:24am On Jan 09, 2022
KingOKON:

The Igbo version of LIE Mohammed
Just Imagine the lies these EBOES tell

WAEC office is located at the site of the old Technical Institute Yaba
But these jokers just wake up and concoct all manner of fiction with no shame and no dissonance

What kind of people are these?

13 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by Advocate500: 11:20am On Jan 09, 2022
mrvitalis:
I grew up in port Harcourt and what I can say is if south south people get same opportunity they would do it again and again and again there is no remorse about it what so ever

So any igbo investing in south south is a m.u.m.u
that sort of unity is no longer there ,i was born in portharcourt too,they United against igboman later discovered that their problem is beyond igbo hatred, they know it now but won't like to admit it. Their is more hatred from ikwere man to ijaw to ogoni and rest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by Misterone: 11:21am On Jan 09, 2022
Nonybb:
Is that true?
that is a big fat lie. that house is government property. Ojukwu was a Senior public servant. in those days they were given houses like this for accommodation.

3 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by Advocate500: 11:24am On Jan 09, 2022
huptin:
This is not true please, this same Port Harcourt people you want to vote for you, you are demonizing them, calling them thieves, desecrating their hero's memory, but if they say they aren't Igbos you will still be angry!

Come on. You guys need to learn maturity. It is saddening, the hate in your blood is horrendous.
if saying it the way it's will make them to deny igboman they should continue, the same place owiwa claimed house that is not his ,is today dominated by the igbos. Where are the ogonis in portharcourt today?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by oyatz(m): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2022
Malawian:

Actually, it was the former JAMB office in Ikoyi, however Babangida later on returned the Ojukwu's property and all other similarly aquired properties to their original owners before leaving power in 1993.

8 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by ednut1(m): 12:16pm On Jan 09, 2022
How can an igbo man take over property in ikwerre land Abeg abeg
Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by JANK23H(m): 12:27pm On Jan 09, 2022
aribisala0:

But these jokers just wake up and concoct all manner of fiction with no shame and no dissonance

Pathetic liars, that's what they are.They do it boldly even when it's obvious they are lying.

8 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by IGBOSON1: 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2022
aribisala0:

Ojukwu owned WAEC House?
Do you have evidence?

@ OP do you have evidence Ojukwu owne any house i PH and that that house was seized by Saro Wiwa

Lying is in the DNA of these people

Ikembas' father owned WAEC house in Lagos! When the federal gov't refused to hand it back, Ikemba slept in his car outside the property until the federal gov't eventually caved in and handed it back! Now ownership has rightly been returned to the Ojukwu family.

5 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by IGBOSON1: 12:43pm On Jan 09, 2022
aribisala0:

Any particular reason why you can't spell IGBO the right way?

No surprises though at the position you're taking on this issue....check which position is anti-Igbo, and that's where we'll see you! wink

10 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by revolt(m): 1:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
Posing in someone's property. A thief with no shame ... damn. .. the height... I grew in the south south ... they'll repeat it over again if given the opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by DrAkpa(m): 1:40pm On Jan 09, 2022
Senomi:
Still waiting for nnamdi cownu's children to declare ken saro wiwa had bit of an igbo lineage

See your brain attached

7 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by larryUG(m): 1:46pm On Jan 09, 2022
Idamond:
Big lie from stupd self proclaimed dot ndi ara.
someone that dead 19s took property from someone that dead 20s..
even by rank ken is far behind ojukwu.
It is obvious you dont know the difference between Louis odumegwu ojukwu and Emeka odumegwu ojukwu. Louis was Emeka's father. Read and comprehend before you talk. Person go just open mouth waaaaaaa begin talk.

7 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by SweetiliciousD: 1:48pm On Jan 09, 2022
DubaiLandLord:
Ibos were no longer Nigerian.

The Western region government should have declare their properties as abandon properties too.

I love what our brothers and sisters in the South South didm

Now south south are not Igbo but mischief will always say Nzeogwu, a south south indigen is an Igbo man!

Yeye piiiiipuuuu

6 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by LLiKYekoba: 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2022
aribisala0:

Ojukwu owned WAEC House?
Do you have evidence?

@ OP do you have evidence Ojukwu owne any house i PH and that that house was seized by Saro Wiwa

Lying is in the DNA of these people

Sir Louis Ojukwu owned WAEC house, if you didn't know that by now even with all the myriads of books written by on pre-independent, post-independent and post-war Nigeria. Then you are not qualified to hold this conversation. You are a neonate.

Go to Youtube, search for Adeyinka Makinde channel and brush up your knowledge on nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by LLiKYekoba: 2:18pm On Jan 09, 2022
aribisala0:
Exaggeration and lies

People killed in Kano in 1952 were solely Ibo?? SOURCE
When you lie so shamelessly no one takes you seriously anymore
Was anyone convicted by Ironsi for the slaughter of NON+IBOS in the January 15 1966 Coup

At least it is a fact those killed were
SOLELY NON-IBOS

Mr yorubaman you lie..
Col. Unegbe was a high ranking Igbo officer who was also killed by the Jan 15 coup plotters in which your son Maj Ademoyega Adewale took active part.

Stop trying to muddy up the waters of history, congenitally dishonest yoruba man.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by OFFICIAL336: 2:36pm On Jan 09, 2022
mrvitalis:

Name a tribe in Nigeria more United than igbos
Give them 20 years and they won't be able to answer it.

2 Likes

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by mrvitalis(m): 2:37pm On Jan 09, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

Give them 20 years and they won't be able to answer it.
Don't mind them

1 Like

Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by Ovamboland(m): 2:39pm On Jan 09, 2022
DOTian:
One thing I have come to realize in this country is that once the igbos are involved in any political issue, common sense becomes uncommon. The fact that up till today, with all the vociferous religious leaders and so called detrablised statesmen brimming all over the place, none has been able to sit down and categorically condemn all the Evil that were willfully perpetrated against the igbos in the name of fighting a war is stunning! Peoples hard-earned properties and cash were brazenly stolen while they were still alive by the government of a country that will turn around and demand unalloyed loyalty and patriotism from them! Isn't that wonderful?

Omnious signs of what may befall you again with the azonto you're dancing with Kanu/Ipob
Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by 7pages(m): 2:42pm On Jan 09, 2022
Sarowiwa, Ojukwu and others have done their part, whether good or bad, history had been made. the rest is with their makers
Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by plaetton: 2:45pm On Jan 09, 2022
Wakanakarue:
Saro wiwa was never a Saint, he was used and destroyed by the same people.

They used him and boro Park against the Igbos

Today they are still worse off
And even till today, no one has learnt any lessons.
Re: SIR LOUIS ODUMEGWU OJUKWU'S Port - Harcourt House, Saro Wiwa Sized And Lived- by MikeBetty(m): 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2022
DOTian:
One thing I have come to realize in this country is that once the igbos are involved in any political issue, common sense becomes uncommon. The fact that up till today, with all the vociferous religious leaders and so called detrablised statesmen brimming all over the place, none has been able to sit down and categorically condemn all the Evil that were willfully perpetrated against the igbos in the name of fighting a war is stunning! Peoples hard-earned properties and cash were brazenly stolen while they were still alive by the government of a country that will turn around and demand unalloyed loyalty and patriotism from them! Isn't that wonderful?
Did we learn fromthe war? Are we not the same people spending all our hard earned money buying land and still developing the same people that hated us? The money we invested in developing PH, Kano, lagos and other state will develop onitcha, aba, owerri and entire southeast and make it attractive to people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

El-Rufai To Youths: Be Involved In Politics So You Can Have A Nation You Like / FG Asks Ministerial Nominees To Complete Documentation July 30 / AGF Seeks Further Evidence To Prosecute Saraki, Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.