Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,785 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Why Are You Going To Church Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You Going To Church Today? (540 Views)

Christians, Are You Going To Church Today? / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You Going To Church Today? by MsFaith: 5:49am On Jan 09, 2022
Is it because you really love God or you are afraid of hell fire or you enjoy Church activities?
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by caesymore(m): 6:05am On Jan 09, 2022
MsFaith:
Is it because you really love God or you are afraid of hell fire or you enjoy Church activities?

Mhen!!!
na just to give to God what belongs to him.
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by chatinent: 6:09am On Jan 09, 2022
caesymore:

Mhen!!!
na just to give to God what belongs to him.

If you mean tithes and offerings, it actually belongs to pastors.
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 09, 2022
It's because I love God. He's a good God. Sooo good! Both in the good and bad times, he's been there for me. So if makes him happy, I'll always go to Church because he too makes me happy.

I love you Lord.
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by MufasaLion: 6:31am On Jan 09, 2022
grin grin grin
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by pyyxxaro: 6:35am On Jan 09, 2022
Because Amaka promised to kiss me after Church service cool
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by caesymore(m): 6:41am On Jan 09, 2022
chatinent:

If you mean tithes and offerings, it actually belongs to pastors.

No Fella I meant my praises, though my tithes and offerings too, my Church is not a one Man show church.

We dey return tithes and offering and e dey show wella for our daily dealings, las las na heart wey your carry return the tithe and the faithfulness dey do the wonders no be the Pastor you carry am give.
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by chatinent: 6:49am On Jan 09, 2022
caesymore:

No Fella I meant my praises, though my tithes and offerings too, my Church is not a one Man show church.

We dey return tithes and offering and e dey show wella for our daily dealings, las las na heart wey your carry return the tithe and the faithfulness dey do the wonders no be the Pastor you carry am give.

Wonders will always happen in your life without tithes.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by helinues: 6:52am On Jan 09, 2022
Sorry what are they doing there?

Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by caesymore(m): 6:56am On Jan 09, 2022
chatinent:

Wonders will always happen in your life without tithes.

[10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Portable got a Spider and that was a wonder to him, then the dude got gifted a Range and that's another wonder.
Wonder pass wonder , hope you get the point .
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by AntiChristian: 7:01am On Jan 09, 2022
What about beauty pageant in church!

Na who fine pass..?
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by SportsHD: 7:01am On Jan 09, 2022
caesymore:

then the dude got gifted a Range and that's another wonder.
Not related but, he wasn't gifted the range. His digital sales bought the range.
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by caesymore(m): 7:05am On Jan 09, 2022
SportsHD:

Not related but, he wasn't gifted the range. His digital sales bought the range.

Is that not a wonder? don't be biased pal.
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by SportsHD: 7:11am On Jan 09, 2022
caesymore:

Is that not a wonder? don't be biased pal.
Yeah, it's a wonder. And, I ain't being biased.
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by Tallesty1(m): 8:09am On Jan 09, 2022
caesymore:

Tithing is not for Christians.

Tithing is an Old Testament concept. A form of taxation that is meant to provide for the needs of the priests(since they were not allowed to own properties unlike pastors) and the poor of the land.

Tithe is not 10%, it's about 23% but pastors ask for 10% because that was what was originally meant for priests, the poor of the land can go and die.

After Abraham paid tithe, the Bible no where mentioned that anybody anywhere paid tithe until Israel was given the promise land? What does that tell you?

Abraham paid from what he got from a war after God gave him victory, Israel pay for free land flowing with milk and honey given to them free by God..... What are paying for?

The parents of a Christian has more claims to their tithes than God but that is not my business.

After the death of Jesus Christ fulfilled the Law, ie, after he was raised and made the high priest, the law changed because once there's a change in priesthood, there is a change in law.

The New Testament nowhere commands, or even recommends, that Christians submit to a legalistic tithe system. I challenge anyone to show me where it did.

Rather, as Christians We are to give as we are able.

Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7)

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by dasanchez1(m): 8:14am On Jan 09, 2022
Tallesty1:
Tithing is not for Christians.
cc: Youngzedd.
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by chatinent: 8:46am On Jan 09, 2022
caesymore:

[10] Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

Portable got a Spider and that was a wonder to him, then the dude got gifted a Range and that's another wonder.
Wonder pass wonder , hope you get the point .

What about Paul's speech on giving voluntarily?
Re: Why Are You Going To Church Today? by Kobojunkie: 12:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
MsFaith:
Those who attend your churches have a higher chance of ending up in hell at the end though so attending your churches as a for of avoiding hell is what you call counter-intuitive undecided

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With A Man Of God / Video Of Mamiwater Caught In South Africa Beach / The Love Of Sheikh Buhari Omo Musa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.