Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily (12612 Views)

Umahi Visits Mining Site Where Vehicle Plunged Inside, Spends 2 Hours / Legalise Cultivation Of Cannabis, Akeredolu Urges FG / Lagos Assembly Spends ₦2.4 Billion On 80 Cars In 11 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by modsfucker: 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2022
thesicilian:

It's both funny and annoying most of the time. I think it's partly because our journalists who are closer to them do not bother to ask these questions so they feel they can just throw figures around without credible sources. And it makes it difficult for others to reliably quote them.

And to make matters worse, with repeated usage, the purported figures are adopted nationwide by all and sundry, including the FG.
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by bluecircle470: 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
adecz:

Don't quote when you lack the
education to write English..

Better make comments in your
language that your village people
can understand... ☹️☹️☹️

bluecircle470

Yes mr. Foolish
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by JOemmy(m): 9:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
Islie:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/08/southwest-spends-n2-5bn-on-beef-daily-akeredolu-urges-chicken-consumption/

Akeredolu is just trying to stylishly drive away the fulani herdsmen that's terrorizing his people.
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by JOemmy(m): 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2022
SlyDev:

Akerodolu didn't say SW should ban beef but advice them to pick chicken cos its healthy and will boost our economy

IPOB: ban cow, Fulani ban, no tangible reason just ban beef, we are the law

Akerodolu reason like Yoruba man, so he is not IPOB

We all know the real target are the fulani herdsmen terrorizing his people he is just being diplomatic he and ipob are obviously on the same page.
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
JOemmy:

We all know the real target are the fulani herdsmen terrorizing his people he is just being diplomatic he and ipob are obviously on the same page.
No
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2022
mrvitalis:
Chicken and pork consumption is the way to go but to do this we need soya bean and corn production to increase 20 folds with good seeds ...and the south as a whole the only place that have such land are cross river, Edo and south west ( ondo,osun,Oyo and ogun,)

20 fold?
Haba
Please back this up with figures

We were close to getting 5000 hectares of land in ogbomosho then 2 years ago but the herdsmen issue stopped me

Abeg who are the we
I fit join, even if na 1 hectare go be my share

Yorubas need to sale ( lease for 99 years ) farmland to igbos ( we have raw cash ) to farm soya and corn ...so we can feed our animals ( chicken,goat and pigs ) to be free from this cow

Why
Why don't we ranch up instead

Benue ,kogi can benefit from this too
This is more sustainable cos I don't think we want to deforest our biodiversity when plenty empty land de other regions ( north And middle belt unfortunately)

We can farm up north and ranch down south or just agree it is not our comparative advantage
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by Danjikanbauchi: 11:31pm On Jan 09, 2022
Una sure say this man no deh mad ?
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by Semaj77(m): 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tamtam2000:

You reasoning capacity is very low to be frank. You are asking how you lose 2.5 billion by buys goods worth that amount. This is the most stupid thing that I have seen. I recommend you go back and read any book on basic economics.

Comprehension you no sabi
Grammar you no sabi ( with your badly written grammar )
Maths you no sabi
Economics you no sabi

Only you get all these problems

You just felt like attacking someone with your dim wit and you decided to attack me

You need more than an Economics lecture , you need Brighter Grammar , tutoring in maths and some common sense. Idiota
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
DFOmobolla:
Akeredolu's basic ideology seems to be; follow the trend and side with the populist opinion.

But he needs to follow this up with action. Give out soft loans to local poultry farmers, in return get a 20% stake and a right to control the market price of Chicken.

Loan that will be spent on marrying extra wives?
Where has control of price of anything worked?

And encourage radio stations, local leaders and market folks to encourage consumers.
with which money or you thing encouragement is free?
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2022
thesicilian:
How did they arrive at that 2.5bn number?
multiply cows slaughtered by price. Which school you go %?
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2022
bjdon:
Why cant you set up cattle ranches in Ondo and the south west?
tsetse fly
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by Semaj77(m): 11:56pm On Jan 09, 2022
Tamtam2000:

You reasoning capacity is very low to be frank. You are asking how you lose 2.5 billion by buys goods worth that amount. This is the most stupid thing that I have seen. I recommend you go back and read any book on basic economics.

You that your thinking is high , let me show you how stewpid you are

He says we are losing 2.5 billion daily from a 2.5 billion daily sale of beef from the south west , what this means is that we are losing everything we are buying in the form of beef , how is this possible other than that we are not consuming anything we are buying

I know you may not be able to comprehend this statement but you can ask any primary six pupil living around you to explain
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by Str8talk21: 2:29am On Jan 10, 2022
On point.
Let him add goat meat to it
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by grandstar(m): 3:01am On Jan 10, 2022
This is just rubbish. Does the North not buy billions of Naira worth of stuff daily from the Southwest? I am sure at least 50% of Nigerian made goods used in the North are brought from the Southwest. Ondo I am sure "exports" billions of Naira worth of kolanut to the North monthly. We are yet to add plantain and other crops.

Trade is a win-win and not win-lose or lose-win. The governor is just shooting a home goal if the North decides to retaliate against Ondo.

The herdsmen crisis will hopefully cease when the present president leaves office and a new one, who has zero interest in making agriculture account for 90% of GDP takes office. PMB feels cattle rearing as a strategic industry which should be trod on carefully. In today's world of nanotechnology, this is a joke.

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by Raychee(f): 3:19am On Jan 10, 2022
I don't like chicken that much jarey undecided
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by obaaderemi: 3:24am On Jan 10, 2022
adecz:

Oga governor, leave that cow matter❗️

Without kpomo, Yoruba go die☠️
within 6 months..❗️❗️

For say chicken get kpomo, then
you fit talk.. grin☺️☺️☺️ grin
Ponmo should be banned. The skin can be used for other things which can generate more money. Plus I don't see how this stuff can be nutritious with the over processing.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by thesicilian: 7:35am On Jan 10, 2022
MIKOLOWISKA:
multiply cows slaughtered by price. Which school you go %?
MIKOLOWISKA:
truly,thank goodness you acknowledge your foolishness
Even the foolish man is presumed to be wise when he keeps his mouth shut
- African proverb
Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by YeyeGbami: 12:18am On Jan 11, 2022
Afam4eva:
Is Akeredolu a member of IPOB

Re: Akeredolu Urges Chicken Consumption As Southwest Spends ₦2.5bn On Beef Daily by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:45am On Jan 11, 2022
thesicilian:

Even the foolish man is presumed to be wise when he keeps his mouth shut
- African proverb
truly,thank goodness you acknowledge your foolishness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Process To Designate Anambra As NDDC Oil-Producing State Begins At Senate / History Of Fuel Price Increase In Nigeria / #ogunstateat40 Trending On Twitter (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.