Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,709 members, 7,862,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

Pursue My Career Or JAPA - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pursue My Career Or JAPA (3185 Views)

My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 5:43am On Jan 10, 2022
Acidosis:

Boss, we have trashed these issues a long time ago on investment / business threads. Your phone may be in dollars but certainly not the price of a bottle of coke, a t-shirt, a plate of food at a restaurant, house rent, just to name a few. So long as a larger portion of your earnings are spent on locally produced goods and services, then the average Nigerian in Nigeria will be fine.
grin grin grin grin

I wish I was on that thread ...walahi...you go all pack your loads. What the crap are you saying? Hahahaha.

See, you like poverty. Honestly. The standard of living is measured with the same standard everywhere. Listen and listen carefully. Are you cursed too to not live in good areas? The way you build houses in those useless places, is it the same they build abroad? You refuse to demand for a good standard of living, and you are talking about the cost of housing and food. The poorest markets there still give quality. Let me burst your bubble.... most people cannot cook at home in Nigeria cos its crazily expensive. But they go out to eat. Why? Those sellers use rotten tomatoes and other materials which should be destroyed. The cost of quality raw materials food when converted to $ is more expensive in Nigeria. Take it or leave it. Go to Shoprite and check. Stop arguing baselssely. Buying those rotten food which should be destroyed is why our life expectancy rate is 55years for female and men with coconut heads are wirh 53 years. Go and check that of Canada. Also is it the useless way you build homes here? Can you all afford to pay for electricity? You will say govt is bad...but if govt provides it can you really pay? Is it not illegal connections you do in naija here and there. You cannot afford where good houses are built. So dem curse you? Can your salary scale buy you a new car? So, the standard now is "used cars" by oyinbo? Cars with no values suddenly become your best here. And you think you are not paying too much? Most vehicles which are of no value there again is what you pay for and you think it is cheap or wise to do so?

Listen, it is more expensive to do everything here. Cos at the end, your life expectancy says it all. Why do you think such figures are measured? You think you have a cheap way, but those who refused to accept such low standard are not stu pid cos they know you will pay somehow with something else. It seems you do not still know how the wealth of a nation is proportional to the quality of health and accessibility. Health shows wealth. Do you have good health facilities here?

It is far more expensive even for your politicians who go abroad on health ground. They build the tourism of their hosts apart from paying huge sum for their health bills. Is it not too expensive?

The way you look at what is cheap and what is expensive is too shallow. You just look at the prices and not considering the quality and the impact to your health. This is the way poor people think. Try to live a standard life in Nigeria and compare it to that there. Imagine buying a flat now in Ikoyi for $1 million or more. Right in Lagos oooo. Just an apartment. Value that property and compare it with that there. It cannot be more than $200,000. So, you dont know you pay more here? You still dey think you pay less cos you pay less money?

You better upgrade yourself and learn how to measure value and pricing.

On the issue of price of Coke and some other things...you are a bit right. But I can tell you...the coke you drink here is not same as that there. If you want to argue it...bring it on. And listen clearly, despite the quality is, go and check what govt asks them not to pay so people can afford it. You can as well talk about gasoline. Is it not cheaper here? But why? Is it not subsidy? And you think you aren't paying even much more? Govt subsidies it, but who still pay for it? Government? grin Na you. Why do you think your naira keeps dropping? See eh...go and learn what value is? What is cheap? The dangers and costs of subsidy? So, you do not still know you are actually paying more by paying less for these things that are cheap?

This is the same way your parents acted and foo. lishly opted for subsidy. Theirs was to live for today. They didnt care about us suffering it now. The same you are doing to your children. When will it stop? And politicians are happy cos they always loot more while making things look cheaper, but in the real sense, they are craz.ily expensive. Who pays for the money looted? Government? Continue comparing the cost of coke here and that there, and dont sit down to look at the real cost here after adding hidden costs.

Go and learn this. The costs of most subsidized or tax incentives products are not the real costs. And the hidden costs are negative values on our economy. This is why our GDP keeps dragging foot. These negative impacts will always show.

I am happy for Anambra that elected Soludo. This is an economist who knows how to set a nation on motion. Not this present Buhari who is a real destroyer.

Goodluck!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 10, 2022
Spherical77:
I would advise you to stay in Nigeria and work things out yourself. Invest in viable businesses, get to a reasonable position at your place of work before considering marriage and have less kids
Bros, a beg do not just talk or write. Give examples. So bros.... kindly give us the kind of viable business he can set up with savings from N300k salary? A dey wait.

1 Like

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Double0h7(f): 6:15am On Jan 10, 2022
Nigeria:
You have a good partner, you have your family and your community, you have a well paying job with opportunity for growth.

Canada:

You will study and set yourself back 7 years. You will start your hustle from the bottom when you are in your 30s, you will have no partner, no family, no community. Solitude and isolation will be a challenge to overcome. By the time you start your first job you'll be making the equivalent of #400k (1,300 Canadian $).

The reality is that by the time you are in your 40s you will reach the equivalence of your life now at 27. You will be a Canadian citizen and you will have the opportunity to blow if you have the patience, discipline, and ambitions, but you will be a decade behind your current path. If it's citizenship you want then go to Canada, if it's a family, and good money then stay where you are.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by HarunaWest(m): 7:59am On Jan 10, 2022
LordVoldmort:

Hello everyone.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section. Mods please help move to the correct section.

Please I'm at a cross road. Here's a background to my story. I apologize for the length. I just need to have an unbiased advice.

I have been working in the financial industry as a contract staff and last year, I got converted to a full time staff. salary is a few thousands shy of 300k.

I'm a family oriented individual and plan on getting married before I hit 30. This has always been my plan. I also am a career focused and driven individual and I want to go back to school for my masters. I'm hungry for knowledge.

My company has a scheme where they sponsor you to do your masters in any school in the world and pay up to 80% provided it's online and you maintain certain appraisal levels.

Also, my company promotes every 2 years subject to satisfactory performance. They also pay huge bonus and profit sharing every year. They also review salaries upwards every year to reflect current economic realities. My next promotion will be next year with an approximate salary of a few thousands shy of 400k.

Now here's my problem.

I Intend giving my best to this company because believe me it's a great place to work with amazing people. I'm one of a few Nigerians who love their jobs and wake up everyday eager to go to work. The company rewards hardwork and there's prospect of moving to my most preferred department.

My problem is that my brother wants me to work for like 2-3 years, save up and japa to Canada via study route. I used to have the mindset of japa but now that things are looking a bit fair and life is picking up, the japa thoughts is doing me one Kain.

My bro says online degrees from foreign recognized institutions do not carry as much weight as when I'm over there studying.

My bro is doing well for himself. Married with kids and is about relocating this year to Canada with his family. His wife is a professional too.

I'm currently 27. I intend getting married before 30, settle down quickly and plan my future with my family early. I have a serious gf. We've known each other since our secondary school days and she's about to go for NYSC. She said she won't marry now until she's financially sound. She's 25. She's a really good fashion designer and a really smart and homely lady. We've had our fights too like every relationship but she ticks all my boxes in what I want In a woman. My brothers love her although I haven't introduced her to my parents yet. I planned doing so this year.

My responsibilities aren't much cos I stay in my family house. I do not spend up to 10k for tfare to work. I'm even saving 200k from my salary.

Saving up to japa for study will mean:

Suspending my marriage plans.
Leaving my good job and starting over in a strange land.
Putting my life on hold for about 7/8 years while there. Because give or take, I'll use 2/3 years to save up enough to take me there for study, 2 years masters then 2/3 years finding my feet, standing on my own, hustling for PR and finally getting married to my gf (that's if she'll even still be waiting for me).

My fear is what if things don't go according to plan? What if I get the degree and don't get PR status and they ask me to return to my country? And I end up coming back to Nigeria with only my degree. I'd have lost everything.

My gf is a good woman. Understanding. Spends on me and is so loving. She's been with me when I had nothing so I know she's not here for the money. I spoke to her about it and she asked me to pray for God's leading. I've prayed and still praying.

I had a dream where I was catching enough fishes. Big fishes. Then one fish jumped out and I left all the fishes to get back that one and all the fishes I'd previously caught all escaped.

Life is smiling at me now. Things are picking up. I just don't want to make the wrong move and end up loosing all.

Please I need advice.
Beware of the one not doing better than you but advising you. However, let your bro japa first and he should test the waters. If its okay, tou sef fit japa.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Acidosis(m): 8:05am On Jan 10, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

grin grin grin grin

I wish I was on that thread ...walahi...you go all pack your loads. What the crap are you saying? Hahahaha.

See, you like poverty. Honestly. The standard of living is measured with the same standard everywhere. Listen and listen carefully. Are you cursed too to not live in good areas? The way you build houses in those useless places, is it the same they build abroad? You refuse to demand for a good standard of living, and you are talking about the cost of housing and food. The poorest markets there still give quality. Let me burst your bubble.... most people cannot cook at home in Nigeria cos its crazily expensive. But they go out to eat. Why? Those sellers use rotten tomatoes and other materials which should be destroyed. The cost of quality raw materials food when converted to $ is more expensive in Nigeria. Take it or leave it. Go to Shoprite and check. Stop arguing baselssely. Buying those rotten food which should be destroyed is why our life expectancy rate is 55years for female and men with coconut heads are wirh 53 years. Go and check that of Canada. Also is it the useless way you build homes here? Can you all afford to pay for electricity? You will say govt is bad...but if govt provides it can you really pay? Is it not illegal connections you do in naija here and there. You cannot afford where good houses are built. So dem curse you? Can your salary scale buy you a new car? So, the standard now is "used cars" by oyinbo? Cars with no values suddenly become your best here. And you think you are not paying too much? Most vehicles which are of no value there again is what you pay for and you think it is cheap or wise to do so?

Listen, it is more expensive to do everything here. Cos at the end, your life expectancy says it all. Why do you think such figures are measured? You think you have a cheap way, but those who refused to accept such low standard are not stu pid cos they know you will pay somehow with something else. It seems you do not still know how the wealth of a nation is proportional to the quality of health and accessibility. Health shows wealth. Do you have good health facilities here?

It is far more expensive even for your politicians who go abroad on health ground. They build the tourism of their hosts apart from paying huge sum for their health bills. Is it not too expensive?

The way you look at what is cheap and what is expensive is too shallow. You just look at the prices and not considering the quality and the impact to your health. This is the way poor people think. Try to live a standard life in Nigeria and compare it to that there. Imagine buying a flat now in Ikoyi for $1 million or more. Right in Lagos oooo. Just an apartment. Value that property and compare it with that there. It cannot be more than $200,000. So, you dont know you pay more here? You still dey think you pay less cos you pay less money?

On the issue of price of Coke and some other things...you are a bit right. But I can tell you...the coke you drink here is not same as that there. If you want to argue it...bring it on. And listen clearly, despite the quality is, go and check what govt asks them not to pay so people can afford it. You can as well talk about gasoline. Is it not cheaper here? But why? Is it not subsidy? And you think you aren't paying even much more? Govt subsidies it, but who still pay for it? Government? grin Na you. Why do you think your naira keeps dropping? See eh...go and learn what value is? What is cheap? The dangers and costs of subsidy? So, you do not still know you are actually paying more by paying less for these things that are cheap?

This is the same way your parents acted and foo. lishly opted for subsidy. Theirs was to live for today. They didnt care about us suffering it now. The same you are doing to your children. When will it stop? And politicians are happy cos they always loot more while making things look cheaper, but in the real sense, they are craz.ily expensive. Who pays for the money looted? Government? Continue comparing the cost of coke here and that there, and dont sit down to look at the real cost here after adding hidden costs.

Go and learn this. The costs of most subsidized or tax incentives products are not the real costs. And the hidden costs are negative values on our economy. This is why our GDP keeps dragging foot. These negative impacts will always show.

I am happy for Anambra that elected Soludo. This is an economist who knows how to set a nation on motion. Not this present Buhari who is a real destroyer.

Goodluck!

You're obviously a kid. What's the argument about again? That Canada is better than Nigeria or Nigeria is better than Canada? I think you should leave that sort of arguments for nursery pupils cos even an unborn child knows that Nigeria is among the least developed countries in the world. Also, the OP has not come to ask you which is more or least developed. If his concerns are about the most or least developed, he wouldn't even need your opinion in the first place.

If you're unsure about what to type, I would advise you to go back to the original post instead of rambling and masking your perpetual ignorance with insults.

Oh you wish to be on that thread? Really? With your "Canada is better than Nigeria" viewpoints cheesy

Good enough we have the same opinion about Buhari but even if you bring 20x Soludos to manage the affairs of Nigeria, you still won't have a significant change in 15 years. Change, whether negative or positive is a process. It just doesn't happen.

Talking about cost of living and poverty line, which is my focus here, America has never and will never be the standard for measuring or determining who is poor and who's not in Nigeria, India, China, Egypt and the rest of the world. Poverty line is simply the estimated minimum level of income needed to secure the necessities of life.

And why are you so bothered about how much Americans pay as tax, rent, school fees, or the cost of Burger in MacDonalds? Do you want to rent an apartment in New York with your Naira earnings? Even MNCs don't pay the same salary in their countries of operation. So why do you desperately compare your earnings with a US resident. Globalization is why, today, someone can work from Nigeria and earn in dollars.

Like I mentioned earlier, what the OP needs right now is direction and guidance from experienced folks. He needs someone to address his fears; unfortunately you haven't done that. I'm not the type to convince people to relocate or not.

I'm also not the type to sit virtually or physically to talk about the costs of flats in Ikoyi or Banana Island without a reasonable purpose. How many Nigerians both home and abroad can comfortably buy a flat in Banana Island? Why then are you so bothered about that? The category of people that can buy such luxury can as well live in any part of the world. So those in that cadre, like Davido, obviously wouldn't need your advice.

When I get to a level where I can conveniently buy a flat in Ikoyi, permanent residency would be among the least of my concerns. I am a realist.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by jesmond3945: 11:40am On Jan 10, 2022
4gunners:
Lol.. funny enough I’m at the same crossroad like the OP. We share a lot in common, except that I work in O&G industry. You can’t just stop thinking about leaving this country when you think of the future that beholds her. Insecurity, economic downturn, unemployment is getting worse. Our so called elites have their children outside the country. They travel outside for their vacation, health needs etc.

Honestly the guy earning 300k should leave. The decision would have been easier for me If I were to be in his shoe. However, the buck stops on your table.
and you think outside the country is better? With rising tax and energy prices?
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by 4gunners(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2022
jesmond3945:
Our experience here is not different. Government is keen on increasing revenue by increasing tax net. For example, govt tax on carbonated drinks, and the new tax regime on sales of shares. I’m sure as the revenue dwindles further, we should expect more of this.

On the issue of energy, subsidy removal is inevitable, so we should expect surge in the price of energy.

Lastly, I will gladly pay more tax if it can guarantee good infrastructure, social welfare, standard and accessible health care. What’s the essence of having millions in your account when you have to struggle for the basic things of life.

2 Likes

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

grin grin grin grin

Goodluck!
This guy is just blabbing like a fool. Zero substance.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by LordVoldmort(m): 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
All I asked for is sound advice. Now y'all are fighting and confusing me more. This isn't fair. At all.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Gerrard59(m): 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2022
jesmond3945:

Coming from someone who resides in Northern England and is YET to return to Nigeria. undecided

1 Like

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by cococandy(f): 5:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
$700 in Nigeria is not $700 in Canada.
Just saying

But carry on
PeaceJoyLove:

Those you mentioned on quora are from places where they make $3,000 per month (EU, rich Asuan and ME) in their countries before relocating to Canada. Is it Indians or Nigerians who make less in their homes that will complain of cold and leave? Lol. I read a complain on Twitter, but the fellow hasn't returned. Lol. One was even over quoting rent there and bla bla bla-ing how expensive Canada is one year like that. His friends who even know him there in Canada bursted him that he is a prodigal son who spend too high. Ok...make oga return home, e no gree....yet discouraging others. I guess he made the posts to tell off people at home asking him money. Lol . But that was a wrong call cos his friends bursted him and even said they prefer the cold than the heat without electricity In Naija. Another was one woman and man like that who are in APC or so. Those unserious people. Or is it Fayose's bro who became a driver in the UK? Lol. It shows he has no brain to learn future needed skills. With all the billions in naira he looted during his brother's reign. Lol. Meanwhile boys are making $3k to $6k and above as soon as they land there with good jobs. What you dont know, you dont. Ok?

Oga, it is like you havent breath in good air. Lol. If you think air is what you breath in here, you dont know anything. Just leave the shore of this nation and go breath there, you will understand. Let me not talk too much.

Fine, Canada is cold, but it's ok. Go and check figures and facts well, more Nigerians relocate to Canada than to anywhere in the world. Canada has more programs to integrate migrants into their system. In the US, it is mainly marriage cos most cannot afford to cough out $1million via investment route.

All those doing menial jobs do not have skills for the future. How can you learn digital marketing and become Sule at Walmart's entrance? No way. E no possible. If he gets masters, and learns one of the skills needed, and you say he will do a menial job.....hmmm. How possible? No way. Let the cold hammer him well, with just $1,200 entry level monthly salary, he will be far better off....which I know can be even $35,000 to $65,000 per annum with benefits.

Do not discourage him. His salary is just $526 now monthly. And he hopes to have it increased to $700. How much is that? If he aspires to go higher, let him be. If he decides to pick up those career above, leave him alone. Let him go after his passion. Stop discouraging him. And stop saying what you do not know.

If he has the opportunity of earning $3,000 here which is around N1.7million monthly, then, one may start telling him to think twice. But it's just only N300k. Haba! No so you think it is such a huge salary?

Give him pros and cons, and do not just tell him not to. If you choose to stay here, goodluck. It's your choice. But dont discourage these young guys.

He has a very good brother. He will be happy he has such guy in 5 years. He thinks he is making money and successful now, but he has not stepped out of Naija. Lol.

Anyway, let's end it like this. Just stop discouraging him. If you care, let us know the number of Naijas who has relocated to Canada and returned cos of cold. I guess you said they are all on quora. Right? So, let us know the number of Naijas there.

N300K job is what you call good. Lol. Ok ooo. God will show us the way in this nation. Hmmmm. What a pity? Ordinary $500!!!
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by cococandy(f): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2022
Na wa for you sha

Please take it easy
PeaceJoyLove:

What determines your economy? Is it your naira? What dictates rise in prices, I guess it is your naira. If you want to buy any gadget, what dictates the price? All your clothing, na naira dey dictate the price?

So, you dont know that lawyers can even advise you better? Law, medicine and nursing are still future jobs.

Oga, no be dey do you. I am not the one who said you should not have the brain to code na. If you cant, I listed others there. The joke is on you if you dont know why coding is hot cake now. And didnt you see the rest I wrote there if your brain cannot match up with coding? So you cant use google to even help yourself out? Na waoooo.

Why is it that your blood is always hot when you hear coding? grin

No be dey do you ooo.

You called him inexperienced cos hes 27. Leave him with your girlfriend or wife and we will see who is inexperienced. grin

If you are contented with N300k, good for you. God forbid bad thing. grin Chai! See reasoning. This guy can never in his life buy a brand new car oooo. Never. So, in your life, it is used cars oyinbo don condemn you have to use? Dem curse you say make you too no buy house in a very good area? Chai! So, that N300k will do it for you. Are you cursed never to drive tear rubber? Na that N300k go do am?

Walahi! We need good government to turn around the brain of people. Poverty has messed with your brains. Honestly. You see $500 as a good salary. Chineke!!!!

Go and ask your father his salary in those days compared to the salary in the UK. See eh..you need deliverance from poverty. I'm sure you havent left this nation for once.

You need help.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by cococandy(f): 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2022
eyinjuege:
You still have a bit of time to save for the Canada relocation if that's what you will eventually opt for.
Just make sure you continue saving enough. In the meantime, ct building your career and see where things lead to.
You may even get better opportunities even at your workplace, so see how things pan out and keep relocation as a viable option.
I've noticed time naturally takes care of certain decisions for you
Splendidly stated

2 Likes

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by cococandy(f): 5:53pm On Jan 10, 2022
Good advice
tosinhtml:
Poster your issue is very simple.

You are currently in Nigeria and since you plan to stay in Nigeria for 2/3 years, It means you still have time.

I'd advise you to take steps in these particular order

1. This time you have should be used to focus on your job, build your CV and professional certificates, if your career requires any.

2. During this time, you should save your money.

3. Marry your wife in Nigeria within this 2/3 years, don't suspend your marriage plans, carry her along.

4. If you decide to travel for your studies, make her the primary applicant for the study VISA and you become the dependent. It means you should have every right Dependents are permitted to work in Canada. They need to have an Open Work Permit for this. It will allow them to work full-time anywhere any Canada without any curbs. This should be easy.

5. If you choose to go with the PR route, that is fine as well.

6. Don't travel any where without your wife, It is going to be a fruitless venture. I promise you. Canada is cold and lonely, forget about the noise on Nairaland.

7. Ignore those saying you should learn coding. Please Ignore them. Coding isn't the only way to earn good money and it isn't for every one.

Shalom!
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Mariangeles(f): 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2022
LordVoldmort:
All I asked for is sound advice. Now y'all are fighting and confusing me more. This isn't fair. At all.

Hehehehehehehahahahahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

Bringing your issues to nairaland will make you worse off than you started. grin

Hey! Do you by any chance work for Cardinal stone?

1 Like

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2022
tosinhtml:
Poster your issue is very simple.

You are currently in Nigeria and since you plan to stay in Nigeria for 2/3 years, It means you still have time.

I'd advise you to take steps in these particular order

1. This time you have should be used to focus on your job, build your CV and professional certificates, if your career requires any.
Which professional certificates? Will it be useful in Canada? So you just want him do professional certs. Na waoo.

2. During this time, you should save your money.
Good.

3. Marry your wife in Nigeria within this 2/3 years, don't suspend your marriage plans, carry her along.
grin
You no go kill person ooo. So, he should not suspend marriage and just do it, and enter Canada with professional cert. O boy! Na waooo. Na so marriage be real necessity for Nigerians who earn $300 per months. grin grin grin grin grin grin

No wonder our population has exploded. grin

Oga, give the man options of what he can do, and put his mind at rest. Just telling him to marry. You think say everyone cnt control his John Thomas? He should marry and enter plane...right? You funny die.

4. If you decide to travel for your studies, make her the primary applicant for the study VISA and you become the dependent. It means you should have every right Dependents are permitted to work in Canada. They need to have an Open Work Permit for this. It will allow them to work full-time anywhere any Canada without any curbs. This should be easy.
Jessus!
Have you applied for Candian student visa before? What kind of advice is this? You want them to refuse him?

The girl works full time in which industry? In which area exactly? Have you bothered to ask the qualification of the girl also? Will she even get job there? See eh...I dont know the kind of suggestions are these. Honestly. This is the approach of those people embarrassing and disgracing us there. They just loaded themselves there with no experience to do good jobs, and they land there doing menial jobs. Na waooo!

5. If you choose to go with the PR route, that is fine as well.
Ok.

6. Don't travel any where without your wife, It is going to be a fruitless venture. I promise you. Canada is cold and lonely, forget about the noise on Nairaland.
You arent ok at all with this. You are not normal walahi. Person is trying to see if there is future for him in Canada, you are telling him to pack his girlfriend along. When he realised reality, he will know what's up. This is the reason women end up chasing Nigerian men out of their homes. Tou have not told him what to do there to make money...you are telling him to carry another huge burden along. You no well ooo.. grin Walahi..

7. Ignore those saying you should learn coding. Please Ignore them. Coding isn't the only way to earn good money and it isn't for every one.

Shalom!

So, it is coding only you saw in everything you read? It shows how attentive you are.

I But then, apart from everything listed here, you that sabi it, list what he should do. Go on. It is only Nigerians who will tell you not to do something, but the option of what to do, they won't give.

Imagine, he is advising a man to marry. You arent a marriage counselor but you dey jump into marriage matter. You better mind your business. Which kin advice people dey give sef in this country? Na only f.uck dey the head of many. Walahi. grin

If it's only coding you saw in what we wrote, then start saying what else he should do. You have advised hin to go to Canada ..right? Ok what should he do there after schooling? Go on.. . Tell him. So, he should marry the girl, and not knowing what the future holds for him.

Cant you read the handwriting on the wall that the man is not saying he doesn't want to go? But he is looking at what the future holds for him there. If there is no future there, he wants to stay in Nigeria cos he is not ready to become Bala doing his usual work in front of gates while everyone is sleeping. All the above you said is the approach of those tarnishing our image. Person never balance, make he carry another burden along. Na waooo!

The man knows what he wants with his girl. He is not a kid. See eh...you make no sense at all without telling giving him options. As good as you it seems you wanted to make sense, you spoilt it by not being attentive to read previous option giving to him. I can see that you have html in your moniker. Really, let me forgive you. Oga, go back and read the whole thread and dont let those losers put only coding in your head. We gave him other options. Dont just say coding.

And return here and do justice. Give him options. We do not know it all. Do not just say dont go, or go. Do not say he shouldn't listen to those saying coding (of course, we didnt just say only coding). Give him options. Sebi we know sabi...right...ok...teach us na. What should he do there?

You have no moral right to tell him to ignore coding if you dont give options. Do you hear me? So, you want him to save and leave, do masters, and then what? What exactly? You will make sense when you return and give him options.

I want to learn too. Oga....oga...do justice..Options!!! If you do not return to give options, please scram, and never show face again.

1 Like

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 10, 2022
cococandy:
$700 in Nigeria is not $700 in Canada.
Just saying

But carry on

Me, a no know say na gold plated paper dem use print Canadian dollars they spend there. cheesy
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Raalsalghul: 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
Gerrard59:

Coming from someone who resides in Northern England and is YET to return to Nigeria. undecided

The hypocrisy ba?
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
4gunners:
Our experience here is not different. Government is keen on increasing revenue by increasing tax net. For example, govt tax on carbonated drinks bad the new tax regime on sales of shares. I’m sure as the revenue dwindles further, we should expect more of this.

On the issue of energy, subsidy removal is inevitable, so we should expect surge in the price if energy.

Lastly, I will gladly pay more tax if it can guarantee good infrastructure, social welfare, standard and accessible health care. What’s essence of having millions in your account when you have to struggle with the basic things of life.

One guy even wrote up there that coke in Nigeria is cheaper grin. Now that Buhari is ready to tax us properly, we will see the real cost of coke soon. Make Jagaban kin enter grin grin grin.. Go ask Lagosians about the Tax master himself. grin Then, you will know the real cost of everything.

Now that Facebook, Twitter, and other social media are being taxed, we will see the real cost of those things now. See them crying like kids when it was announced. Naija and free things are 5 & 6. They dont know that government has been subsidizing everything.

Better they remove all incentives. Let us see the real costs. Let them put real tax and close up all subsidies. Let's come out openly nakedly and see ourselves and know where we stand, and what to do. Nope...they wont agree. Yet, these politicians keep using these incentives to loot massively. We are the losers.

There is no country that can ever grow when there is subsidy. Never.. let us know the real costs of everything so we know how finished we are in Nigeria.

Person dey tell me boldly that $700 in Nigeria is not $700 in Canada. I agree. By the time Buhari removes incentives everywhere, she will realise that $700 in Nigeria is worse than that in Canada. No be the same country we dey so? Make we dey see na.

See eh...I told people during endsars that the best which should happen is that we should audit this Nigeria sef and know where we stand. And thankfully, Buhari as dullard as he is, God is using him to show us pepper....to show us the real state Nigeria is. Removal of incentives, subsidies and implementing real costs of tax is the audit we need.

NIGERIA is presently a basket. Nothing for this country again. But if we realise this, we can quickly adjust. Everyone wants free things. Out of all of them shouting on this thread, ask them who pays electricity for the coolers in their homes? No be so dem don find way to even by pass prepaid? Nigerians are naturally corrupt. Let us say the truth.

What we want is the subsidy to continue for life. And who pays the deficits? Those useless parents of ours are now dying. Look at the debts they created for us. As useless as our generation is too, we dont care too. We want to pile more debts for our children. We are not serious in this nation at all.

So, who will pay for the deficits of all the subsidies and debts? Who exactly?

See eh...by the time Buhari releases balance of our present account in Nigeria, grin see eh...you will know that we are finished already. Some still think it is Nigeria of old days where subsidy works. It is getting to the stage, no govt can afford to subsidize anything again.

Jonathan oooo, Jagaban ooo Osinbajo ooo, which magic will they perform? Bring angel Michael, he cannot but remove those incentives and put in the real way things should be taxed. So, uns think say NIN na for play play? Na to tax you. Yes, to tax you. Tou cannot escape it. More coming.

Instead of you all to be praying for someone who will just come and divide this country sef. Go and read my past posts, I believe so much in one Nigeria. But after looking deeply into this issue, one Nigeria is a curse. The biggest scam I have seen. Yet, our head no correct at all. Our head no correct oo.

The thing dey vex me. Those useless parents of ours used how much to buy tear rubber Peugeot 504 and 505 then. I remember the days of Evolution 505. Waooo! See eh! Na tear rubber on the road. Then, you see Mecedez 200 too.....tear rubber everywhere. Who dey buy tokunbo then? And how much dem dey buy new cars? Volvo na car ooo. The body is iron. Volvo is safety.

Poverty don enter all your brain. Walahi. Go ask your parents. If you have 80 plus parents or grannies, ask them how much they bought their tear rubber cars then? And they still had change from their salary. They didnt take loans ooo. But now, na tokunbo. And we go dey raise shoulders like foo.lish people on top wetin oyinbo don condemn.

I know some guys who tip security of parking lots where abandoned cars are crushed in Seoul. They stay in South Korea for like 6 months, and disengage cars. Store the parts in containers and move to Alaba, Lagos. These are parts oyinbo wan crush ooo. But cos Nigerians are cursed with using what oyinbo has condemned, those boys are still making money till date.

I dont know how we dont even feel remorse to think deeply and ask ourselves how we got to this state.

Dubai is already diversifying into digital economy. Just last month, they became the first in the world to move all govt files to digital format. Even America and UK were impressed that they have to do it too. If it is in Nigeria such is proposed foo.lish lazy people will start shouting what will their children eat when they are sacked cos they refuse to move into the future skills. See them, to learn coding is their wahala..and is it only coding? Options plenty, but they dont want to do it. They want to not learn anytjing new at all again. Just to do it the old ways. And that Dubai has oil ooo. They know oil is going to finish soon, therefore, they are already preparing for the future. But here in Nogeria, na to only discuss the cost of garri, pepper, FFK and sex. Nothing else in their brain here other than fufu and indomie. Tell them to learn new things, wahala don burst oooo. And imagine petroleum Minister Silva saying we must go into gas exploration cos we have abundance and we cannot just say we should move with the rest of the world. I was perplexed that day that the kind of people in Leadership in this nations should be shot dead. Firing squad. All of them. I think Belgium has stopped using crude oil and only their planes use it. Everything else is clean. Not sure if its Demnark or Belgium. Yet, it is now Dangote just started his refinery grin And the yeye Dangote too will carry his Hausa Kaftan to Wprld Climate submit if invited. grin Yeye man. Guy man who knows how much he will make. Lol. But he knows what the future holds na.

I read on front page today that we should bring that ogogoro Jonathan back. What the crap are people saying? That one get sense at all? Honestly, we need to think deeply in this Nigeria. We have allowed stup. idity to have it's way too much despite the kind of high quality human capital in this country.

See eh...make I just stop cos una all day vex me. How can you be comfortable with N400,000? What nonsense is that? Anyone who says N400k is ok is cursed. Walahi! The person cannot use anything new again in his or her miserable life. Na tokunbo the person will use for the rest of his or her life. Fact. It's not a curse.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by LordVoldmort(m): 7:25pm On Jan 10, 2022
Mariangeles:

No I don't.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by LordVoldmort(m): 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
Mariangeles:

No I don't.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by LordVoldmort(m): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
Mariangeles:

No I don't.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jan 10, 2022
jesmond3945:

You are talking sh..it. Outside country is far better. Far far better. If you say Naija is better, you need help. Fact. And I read you reside in the UK. If true, you must have left stupidly and nothing yo do there but Musa's job. Of course you are a rogue if it is like this cos everything you used were fake. How could you present N50,000,000 in your bank account and open your mouth to ask the useless question above?

So, dem tell you say energy price and tax will not even be more expensive than what you pay there soon? See eh...you think it is a joke NIN is being implemented?

See...nigeria is not yet ready to fix electricity cos they are still looting there. When Obasanjo was ready, he fixed telecom. Do you know how NITEL was in those days? Ha! Demn NITEL. I remember those 6 digits....analogue numbers. Madddoooo! Then they brought 7 digits. Make a no go there guy. If I tell you wetin my papa eyes see.....walahi....recently, the old man was gisting some people what NiTEL showed him. And the fact was that na only rich dey use it them. He said when Starcom came, he threw those things away. Now, dem Starcom too ...dont even know if the company is functioning again. That phone piece is still on his table...and he kept 3 old phones during the analogue and useless digital days in a corner in his dining room. He said the phone will soon get value as a vintage collection. grin But today, see him competing with his grandchildren.....computer games....they even play over the internet. grin

And one useless minister after embezzling money opened his mouth to say evil spirits are troubling the electricity in Nigeria. He is a professor ooo who was well known abroad with a successful career. grin

Do you know how much Sunday Afolabi looted under OBJ in the name of giving us national ID? Check it out?
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/09/n34bn-id-card-scam-french-court-fines-coy-for-bribing-nigerian-officials/amp/

That was national ID card money ooo. After Sunday Afolabi, more interior ministers looted more and more. But when Trump threatened FG and Buahri also consulted that he could use it to tax us well, they decided to make it happen. Is NIN not working now? When this guy Soludo decided to bring in BVN and they know how much they will make, did it not work? Why the heck has electricity not worked? Cos they dont want the subsidy to be erased. They are looting massively. Yet the mumu we be, we think they are doing us favor. Which favor? Forget it ooo. Very soon the cost we pay for these things will be crazily high. Nigeria will soon be one of the most expensive places to live.

See eh...many people will leave Lagos by force when they start. Make we dey see na.

Never discourage people who want to JAPA. Na you use oluwole (fake documents) go, and you are now Sule the gate man there. grin So, these ones going now are not in your category. Relax bro.

Carry your load and return to Naija if you want to prove outside isnt better. If not, scram!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Mariangeles(f): 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2022
LordVoldmort:

No I don't.

OK.

About whether to stay or travel out, whatever you decide, just make sure the decision is YOURS!

As "hard" as Nigeria may seem, some people still thrive better here than anywhere else in the world.

Sometimes, when good comes easy, we take it for granted, then give it up to search for an uncertain "better".

3 Likes

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Truvelisback(m): 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
LordVoldmort:

Hello everyone.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section. Mods please help move to the correct section.

Please I'm at a cross road. Here's a background to my story. I apologize for the length. I just need to have an unbiased advice.

I have been working in the financial industry as a contract staff and last year, I got converted to a full time staff. salary is a few thousands shy of 300k.

I'm a family oriented individual and plan on getting married before I hit 30. This has always been my plan. I also am a career focused and driven individual and I want to go back to school for my masters. I'm hungry for knowledge.

My company has a scheme where they sponsor you to do your masters in any school in the world and pay up to 80% provided it's online and you maintain certain appraisal levels.

Also, my company promotes every 2 years subject to satisfactory performance. They also pay huge bonus and profit sharing every year. They also review salaries upwards every year to reflect current economic realities. My next promotion will be next year with an approximate salary of a few thousands shy of 400k.

Now here's my problem.

I Intend giving my best to this company because believe me it's a great place to work with amazing people. I'm one of a few Nigerians who love their jobs and wake up everyday eager to go to work. The company rewards hardwork and there's prospect of moving to my most preferred department.

My problem is that my brother wants me to work for like 2-3 years, save up and japa to Canada via study route. I used to have the mindset of japa but now that things are looking a bit fair and life is picking up, the japa thoughts is doing me one Kain.

My bro says online degrees from foreign recognized institutions do not carry as much weight as when I'm over there studying.

My bro is doing well for himself. Married with kids and is about relocating this year to Canada with his family. His wife is a professional too.

I'm currently 27. I intend getting married before 30, settle down quickly and plan my future with my family early. I have a serious gf. We've known each other since our secondary school days and she's about to go for NYSC. She said she won't marry now until she's financially sound. She's 25. She's a really good fashion designer and a really smart and homely lady. We've had our fights too like every relationship but she ticks all my boxes in what I want In a woman. My brothers love her although I haven't introduced her to my parents yet. I planned doing so this year.

My responsibilities aren't much cos I stay in my family house. I do not spend up to 10k for tfare to work. I'm even saving 200k from my salary.

Saving up to japa for study will mean:

Suspending my marriage plans.
Leaving my good job and starting over in a strange land.
Putting my life on hold for about 7/8 years while there. Because give or take, I'll use 2/3 years to save up enough to take me there for study, 2 years masters then 2/3 years finding my feet, standing on my own, hustling for PR and finally getting married to my gf (that's if she'll even still be waiting for me).

My fear is what if things don't go according to plan? What if I get the degree and don't get PR status and they ask me to return to my country? And I end up coming back to Nigeria with only my degree. I'd have lost everything.

My gf is a good woman. Understanding. Spends on me and is so loving. She's been with me when I had nothing so I know she's not here for the money. I spoke to her about it and she asked me to pray for God's leading. I've prayed and still praying.

I had a dream where I was catching enough fishes. Big fishes. Then one fish jumped out and I left all the fishes to get back that one and all the fishes I'd previously caught all escaped.

Life is smiling at me now. Things are picking up. I just don't want to make the wrong move and end up loosing all.

Please I need advice.
Don't make a life time regreting mistake by going to Canada. If u do, Aah! Now, let me interprete ur dream. Those fishes u saw are wealth, prosperity, success u are already enjoying. That one fish u ran after(canada wealth) will make u lose everything(wealth,prosperity,success) u wished for. Be warned! U may not value what u have until u lose it.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 11, 2022
Truvelisback:
Don't make a life time regreting mistake by going to Canada. If u do, Aah! Now, let me interprete ur dream. Those fishes u saw are wealth, prosperity, success u are already enjoying. That one fish u ran after(canada wealth) will make u lose everything(wealth,prosperity,success) u wished for. Be warned! U may not value what u have until u lose it.
That you see N400k as a dream and future shows you are a loser. You are a perfect example of a loser. Yes, I am telling you the truth.

If you cannot sit down to check why we are hammering this thing like this then, you are a complete loser.

The worst which can happen to a group of people is to chain their minds. Just like how Pharoah chained the minds of Israelites. This is what is happening here.

I repeat, anyone who in 2022 can get UK and Canadian student visa, or any immigration route is not a loser. The person has the potential to make it there. The only issue is that the person must sit down and research future jobs and look where he fits in. And I have stated some here. Canadians are looking for such people. But these losers are manipulating my posts. It's only coding they read. Bunch of losers. No be me talk say make your brain no fit code ooo. Na me dey do you all? You cant code; and still blind to not see some options there. No wonder you are all losers. Note being attentive enough is one of the challenges one must overcome to start winning. Losers jump to conclusion too fast. Losers discourage others from doing what they cannot do. Losers are selfish amd self centered. Yes. I am damn serious.

Watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yo7ZoPM-pc
In my field this is called Talent Acquisition. Just imagine ooo. Youtubers? But when these kids started posting in youtbue, na war. Dem go knock their heads..." go read books". Lol. Mofos!!! Losers.

The UK and Canada were the first to wake up and took the blame they were at fault issuing visas to unqualified people. No be to use oluwole you all sabi? Fake documents. Everything fake. 50 million in account - fake. Place of work - Shell, Mobil, etc...fake fake fake. And you want such fake person to not do menial jobs there? So, you think the visa interview or application system is still like those days? Nope...those who move to Canada are not losers. Go and check, they all have jobs, but they realised the pay os nothing. And they moved. If you know one person who has moved via student route or express skilled system, kindly let is know. If you know one single Nigerian who moved in the last 10 years to Canada via any of these two routes and has said it was a bad move, say it here. Yeye people. You think they give losers visas again? You are finished. You better listen to us now and upgrade yourselves. Losers!!!

They changed the system, and boom. That's it. Then, Democrats in the US didnt care until Trump stepped in and stopped the rubbish. Those useless people doing menial jobs are losers. People like them still here have no way around again. They will remain here. And I see you as one of them. If you cannot see the opportunities in the future skills mentioned, then you have no business going there. Stay at home. Leave the man alone. These opportunities are for young people.

Have you watched the video? I know it is waste of data for people like you. grin if you see young men playing games, na to dey insult them. But what is the platform for adverts and information these days?

Learn from Gen Z
You all better put your ego aside and approach GenZs. Those kids can save you all. They know what works.

For those with children in the university, you better hustle and buy them better phones and laptops cos they learn in school from their mates. Those kids are super. They are the present already. You are the past. Listen and listen again, they arent the future. They are already the present, and you are the past. You better wake up from slumber. You are in injury time. Act before it is too late. Learn a new skill fast which can make your future easy. If you like, continue sleeping and keep snoring. You will live your old age in poverty
And no visa for you yo even pack snow abroad. Nope. You will die in this Nigeria in poverty.

Yes. Listen and listen again, the technology that gave baby boomers and Gen X prosperity has expired. Read this statement again and again till it sinks down into your head before it is too late. This happens once in a century or so. And it has finally crashed. The whole business world has moved to the new platform. If you dont move now, you will be like those old grannies who pressed hand horns and walked down streets with newspapers and magazines on their heads and kept yelling and shouting "come buy paper....guardian, punch, daily times, Concord...bla bla bla". They died in poverty cos internet took away their means of survival. And we are saying that it is almost time that the technology internet started has gone far that most jobs will be wiped away soon. You dont get one the the skills fast, you lose out. Simple.

You cannot have one of such skills and see N400k as something. And if you come here to say N400k is something, then, I know you are already a walking corpse. Your future is poverty. Take it or leave it.

Farming is one of the reasons I can tell anyone not to leave, esp dairy route, vegetables, fruits, and integrated styles. If you decide to stay and continue hustling in this area, fine. Great. I assure the person that the future is bright as long as the person is also updating himself. Yes, such person will make huge money in naira and spend in dollars. Let forex be N10,000 to a $, the cost of food will also rise. As the cost rises, farmers who know what they are doing will also be cashing out effortlessly. But most aren't doing it. So, una think it is not a strategy that bandits are out? Boko Haram is not even as effective as these bandits.

Gone are the days people without skills got visas. They got there, and turned to menial jobs. I know for sure that most saying he shouldn't go know within themselves that only menial jobs are available for them. In such case, I have a news for you. You cannot get visas easily again...so we know it's the reason you want to discourage him. We understand that you have realised you are a loser there, but you have not woken up to reality you are also a loser here. This is what we are trying to do. We are trying to show you that you are a loser here too. Yes, a big loser.

Anyone who knows about what I am writing knows one thing is clear: if N400k is a huge dream and vision to you like this one, you are finished. YOU ARE THE BIGGEST LOSER!!!

Joseph the dream interpreter, keep your useless dream interpretation skill to yourself. Go and open your fake church and start scamming losers like yourself

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by GboyegaD(m): 8:02am On Jan 11, 2022
Double0h7:
Nigeria:
You have a good partner, you have your family and your community, you have a well paying job with opportunity for growth.

Canada:

You will study and set yourself back 7 years. You will start your hustle from the bottom when you are in your 30s, you will have no partner, no family, no community. Solitude and isolation will be a challenge to overcome. By the time you start your first job you'll be making the equivalent of #400k (1,300 Canadian $).

The reality is that by the time you are in your 40s you will reach the equivalence of your life now at 27. You will be a Canadian citizen and you will have the opportunity to blow if you have the patience, discipline, and ambitions, but you will be a decade behind your current path. If it's citizenship you want then go to Canada, if it's a family, and good money then stay where you are.

I try not to comment on post like this however, I'm forced to. Doing a minimum wage job in Canada and working 40hours a week will leave you with at least $1900cad a month and it is a phase.

As for OP, you know what you want for yourself, please go for it.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2022
Standard Chartered To Shut Half Of Nigeria Branches

It is on front page right now.
https://www.nairaland.com/6933881/standard-chartered-shut-half-nigeria

Your new banking employees will be people who have these skills we are taking about. Lol. We arent just saying this and slamming those mofos for nothing, but we want to save many Nigerians out there. If you listen to these losers, you have yourselves to blame.

Losers telling you that relocation will set you back. Lol. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by ImaIma1(f): 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2022
ibechris:
STAY WHERE U ARE.

It is not your brother that will live your life for u in Canada. Better remain where u are,your job is very good and it has a wonderful package.

This is no time to sound negative about Canada. Go to Quora and see how many got disappointed after living their high paying jobs in their various countries just to become an immigrants in cold country driving taxis and other menial jobs. Most Canadians are living their country to the united States but ask yourself why?

It is in your why's that u will find out more...no doubt it is great country by general perception but don't be deceived by what u hear,if it is that easy,u won't see Nigerians committing frauds in the US and Canada altogether.

Rethink your decision pls.

High paying job that those people complain about is 1m and above, not 400k. I know many people from a particular bank that were earning big that relocated to Canada. One has even set up a law practice for his wife there.

Quora hasn't got that information yet. Even people earning 800k move. 400k has not arrived yet with the turmoil in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by ibechris(m): 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2022
ImaIma1:

High paying job that those people complain about is 1m and above, not 400k. I know many people from a particular bank that were earning big that relocated to Canada. One has even set up a law practice for his wife there.

Quora hasn't got that information yet. Even people earning 800k move. 400k has not arrived yet with the turmoil in Nigeria.

I am not saying Canada is not good Mr man,but u can't have a good job with good working atmosphere and keep telling every dick and Harry to move as if there are no probability of failures in Canada.

I keep saying it,if u have a good job here in Nigeria, stay back and u will never regret it,I don't have a good job but I have a fantastic side hustle that pays well,hence my decision and u will also agree that many are also making it in this country.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 9:55pm On Jan 11, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

That you see N400k as a dream and future shows you are a loser. You are a perfect example of a loser. Yes, I am telling you the truth.

If you cannot sit down to check why we are hammering this thing like this then, you are a complete loser.

The worst which can happen to a group of people is to chain their minds. Just like how Pharoah chained the minds of Israelites. This is what is happening here.

I repeat, anyone who in 2022 can get UK and Canadian student visa, or any immigration route is not a loser. The person has the potential to make it there. The only issue is that the person must sit down and research future jobs and look where he fits in. And I have stated some here. Canadians are looking for such people. But these losers are manipulating my posts. It's only coding they read. Bunch of losers. No be me talk say make your brain no fit code ooo. Na me dey do you all? You cant code; and still blind to not see some options there. No wonder you are all losers. Note being attentive enough is one of the challenges one must overcome to start winning. Losers jump to conclusion too fast. Losers discourage others from doing what they cannot do. Losers are selfish amd self centered. Yes. I am damn serious.

[/b]

I've followed your comments from the onset. What you've clamoured so far has been the honest truth. You talk to the OP as though he was your brother. Very good advice.

It's not your fault others (opposition commenters) are blind or are living in denial.

GboyegaD... You're very mature with your comment. You've gone, you've seen it all too. Thanks a lot.

Did you guys know a guy with the moniker "wild child01" in the technology section of Nairaland?

He just japa-ed. To Canada o! Guy man is not poor. He's got the bag. He's one of the big guys in that section. Yet he japa. He can comfortably raise 50m any day any minute. Yet, he moved! How much more YOU, OP?

Kindly disregard all the negatives and follow your heart. And that your heart MUST be pointing towards japa japa o! Not wasting away in Nigeria for long. Give yourself some times and acquire the right certs or documents and JAPA!!!

I have friends who earn good salaries, yet are looking for good routes to japa.

This one Nigeria is at the brink of imploding.

Go to the travel section and read away people's testimonials.

A guy by name "Franknetter's thread will WOW you. Or is it mackynaija's thread of how he moved for education and finally settled.

Or is it "mikky.angel" on this forum who happens to be the biggest importer of electronics on Nairaland for over a decade now.

OP, just dey there. You don't know that pant dey wear human beings nowadays instead of the other way around.

What's 400k?.

Thank you.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by GboyegaD(m): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
ibechris:

I am not saying Canada is not good Mr man,but u can't have a good job with good working atmosphere and keep telling every dick and Harry to move as if there are no probability of failures in Canada.

I keep saying it,if u have a good job here in Nigeria, stay back and u will never regret it,I don't have a good job but I have a fantastic side hustle that pays well,hence my decision and u will also agree that many are also making it in this country.

Can you be nice to define a good job in Nigeria both in trends of work environment and pay?

When I joined banking, we were earning N120k and same year it was reviewed up to N160k about $1300USD. When I left banking about 4.5 years after, I was earning N217k due to the banking sector issue that made us witness a downward review of our salaries from N270k (on average due to performance induced pay) which was about $1420USD. Most of those we came in together are still Assistant Managers except for those who jumped banks earning around N750k about $1800USD 15 years after and a higher inflation rate than it was back then.

My conclusion is if you want to stay back, stay because you think that is your best option and ditto for if you want to relocate. In the end, the consequence of one's actions isn't borne by another thus, the need to be intentional about one's decisions.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

- / Man Caught While Sleeping With His Daughter / Minimum Amount Needed By A Family Of Six For Monthly Sustenance.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.