Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,953 members, 7,866,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 08:48 PM

Pursue My Career Or JAPA - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pursue My Career Or JAPA (3214 Views)

My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by muheeb01(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2022
You have a good job at your age,you can easily set up a side business like laundry or canteen business that you can hire a trusted and reliable manager based on agreements....see your businesses flourish and travel to anywhere on holiday with your spare money....with this kind of opportunity and job you have....establish other sources of income,and enjoy your life
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by IbeOkehie: 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

grin grin grin grin

I wish I was on that thread ...walahi...you go all pack your loads. What the crap are you saying? Hahahaha.

See, you like poverty. Honestly. The standard of living is measured with the same standard everywhere. Listen and listen carefully. Are you cursed too to not live in good areas? The way you build houses in those useless places, is it the same they build abroad? You refuse to demand for a good standard of living, and you are talking about the cost of housing and food. The poorest markets there still give quality. Let me burst your bubble.... most people cannot cook at home in Nigeria cos its crazily expensive. But they go out to eat. Why? Those sellers use rotten tomatoes and other materials which should be destroyed. The cost of quality raw materials food when converted to $ is more expensive in Nigeria. Take it or leave it. Go to Shoprite and check. Stop arguing baselssely. Buying those rotten food which should be destroyed is why our life expectancy rate is 55years for female and men with coconut heads are wirh 53 years. Go and check that of Canada. Also is it the useless way you build homes here? Can you all afford to pay for electricity? You will say govt is bad...but if govt provides it can you really pay? Is it not illegal connections you do in naija here and there. You cannot afford where good houses are built. So dem curse you? Can your salary scale buy you a new car? So, the standard now is "used cars" by oyinbo? Cars with no values suddenly become your best here. And you think you are not paying too much? Most vehicles which are of no value there again is what you pay for and you think it is cheap or wise to do so?

Listen, it is more expensive to do everything here. Cos at the end, your life expectancy says it all. Why do you think such figures are measured? You think you have a cheap way, but those who refused to accept such low standard are not stu pid cos they know you will pay somehow with something else. It seems you do not still know how the wealth of a nation is proportional to the quality of health and accessibility. Health shows wealth. Do you have good health facilities here?

It is far more expensive even for your politicians who go abroad on health ground. They build the tourism of their hosts apart from paying huge sum for their health bills. Is it not too expensive?

The way you look at what is cheap and what is expensive is too shallow. You just look at the prices and not considering the quality and the impact to your health. This is the way poor people think. Try to live a standard life in Nigeria and compare it to that there. Imagine buying a flat now in Ikoyi for $1 million or more. Right in Lagos oooo. Just an apartment. Value that property and compare it with that there. It cannot be more than $200,000. So, you dont know you pay more here? You still dey think you pay less cos you pay less money?

You better upgrade yourself and learn how to measure value and pricing.

On the issue of price of Coke and some other things...you are a bit right. But I can tell you...the coke you drink here is not same as that there. If you want to argue it...bring it on. And listen clearly, despite the quality is, go and check what govt asks them not to pay so people can afford it. You can as well talk about gasoline. Is it not cheaper here? But why? Is it not subsidy? And you think you aren't paying even much more? Govt subsidies it, but who still pay for it? Government? grin Na you. Why do you think your naira keeps dropping? See eh...go and learn what value is? What is cheap? The dangers and costs of subsidy? So, you do not still know you are actually paying more by paying less for these things that are cheap?

This is the same way your parents acted and foo. lishly opted for subsidy. Theirs was to live for today. They didnt care about us suffering it now. The same you are doing to your children. When will it stop? And politicians are happy cos they always loot more while making things look cheaper, but in the real sense, they are craz.ily expensive. Who pays for the money looted? Government? Continue comparing the cost of coke here and that there, and dont sit down to look at the real cost here after adding hidden costs.

Go and learn this. The costs of most subsidized or tax incentives products are not the real costs. And the hidden costs are negative values on our economy. This is why our GDP keeps dragging foot. These negative impacts will always show.

I am happy for Anambra that elected Soludo. This is an economist who knows how to set a nation on motion. Not this present Buhari who is a real destroyer.

Goodluck!

Thanks for this....it is soooo true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Tring To Impregnate My Fiance To See If She Is Fertile / Now my watch is ended / Heartbreaking: Big Python Swallows 6months Old Baby Today In Edo State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.