Stats: 3,166,997 members, 7,866,756 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

Pursue My Career Or JAPA - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pursue My Career Or JAPA (3217 Views)

My Career Getting In The Way Of Me Settling Down / Wife Trying To Ruin My Career Within A Few Months Of Arriving Abroad / Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers (2) (3) (4)

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 12, 2022
ibechris:

I am not saying Canada is not good Mr man,but u can't have a good job with good working atmosphere and keep telling every dick and Harry to move as if there are no probability of failures in Canada.

I keep saying it,if u have a good job here in Nigeria, stay back and u will never regret it,I don't have a good job but I have a fantastic side hustle that pays well,hence my decision and u will also agree that many are also making it in this country.

You wrote going to Canada is bad cos the person will do menial jobs there which we have refuted. It is now you are changing your words.

Again we arent telling any Dick amd Harry to relocate. Stop changing the narrative. We are saying that most GenZs should leave as long as they can tap into the listed skills for the future. Does that sound like every Dick amd Harry? The problem with you is that since you and your click dont fall into the options, then those who fall into the category are every Dick and Harry. Lol. No be only you and your set dey in this Nigeria na.Calling them every Dick and Harry is disrespectful and a big insult because you do not fall into the category. Check your ego. It's why I keep blasting and bashing you. You ego is too high. Can you see how your Cocacola price theory is being refuted? If we had told you long ago, you would have been shouting aimlessly l, but can you see the reality? Now that all sodas will be taxed properly, wait for the price 5 years from now. We shall see. I told you...you are lucky I was not on that thread where you shined with your lies and inaccurate theories. P

You keep saying if one has a good job here, the person should stay. Of course, I agree. I have written about it too. I have supported people to stay. I am here, and not there. I relocated here. I came from that place. But I know what it takes to survive here.

The question is this: What is a good job here to you?

Please, kindly give a good salary range here. I have talked so much about it. Maybe we should hear what you call a good salary pay and why. Go on and say it. And then, let us see how many prople are in the range of what you think is ok. And if it is realistic. We need to check the future of the group you will mention.

Oga, give us answers here..
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 2:44am On Jan 12, 2022
GboyegaD:

Can you be nice to define a good job in Nigeria both in trends of work environment and pay?

When I joined banking, we were earning N120k and same year it was reviewed up to N160k about $1300USD. When I left banking about 4.5 years after, I was earning N217k due to the banking sector issue that made us witness a downward review of our salaries from N270k (on average due to performance induced pay) which was about $1420USD. Most of those we came in together are still Assistant Managers except for those who jumped banks earning around N750k about $1800USD 15 years after and a higher inflation rate than it was back then.

My conclusion is if you want to stay back, stay because you think that is your best option and ditto for if you want to relocate. In the end, the consequence of one's actions isn't borne by another thus, the need to be intentional about one's decisions.
Hahaha. I did not read your post before asking him same.

Sir, let me relax...it seems you are doing justice here also. I do not want people to see me as pushing them abroad...so, let me allow you finish the guy. Thank you sir. If we leave these youths with these guys, they will destroy their lives like how their have been destroyed. Honestly. You can see the man has no future the way he is talking rubbish here.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by GboyegaD(m): 3:31am On Jan 12, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Hahaha. I did not read your post before asking him same.

Sir, let me relax...it seems you are doing justice here also. I do not want people to see me as pushing them abroad...so, let me allow you finish the guy. Thank you sir. If we leave these youths with these guys, they will destroy their lives like how their have been destroyed. Honestly. You can see the man has no future the way he is talking rubbish here.

I am not here to fight/ finish anyone. I am only trying to make people think of many things while trying to understand their positions as well.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 5:24am On Jan 12, 2022
GboyegaD:

I am not here to fight/ finish anyone. I am only trying to make people think of many things while trying to understand their positions as well.
I should not use the word finish, I agree. But to say fight...you are on your own. You can make many people think... but we will see how yours will end with him. You want to discuss with a loser and you think it will be meaningful. Well, it is a mistake for me to mention you. And it's ok. Do as it pleases you.

You.think you can even have the chance to even put out your opinion here at all if not for the way I dazzled him? See he. He would have kicked you aside and that notion that you want to do whatever would have been dead before arrival. You think it s gentle to take the bull by the horn from these people who would see pit and drag others by force?

Oga, sorry ooo. A beg...do yours. At the end if same is achieved fine. But you will soon realise the reason you dont talk anyhow like this soon. I have taken note of you...and by all means must avoid you. You are the kind who will come ride on the struggle of tough people...but the time to hammer it, you will stay behind. When they are making waves, you jump on the wagon. Lol. We sabi your kind also. Well played... go on na. You will meet it in the future. It's why I dont mention people first...but I just saw some things. I can give you examples of your kind in this Nigerian politics. But today is not your day.

Goodluck!

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 12, 2022
LordVoldmort:
All I asked for is sound advice. Now y'all are fighting and confusing me more. This isn't fair. At all.

Bro, just saw this. Not my intention, and it is time to quit. But, I have taking note of these people, that's what they do. They discourage every young men out there. I have held behind for too long. And when one tries to give his/her opinion gently, they come with full force put to rubbish it. And many young men are losing it daily cos of their narratives. So, people who know the right thing always keep silent.

Well, no one should confuse you. If you are still confused, you have made yourself inexperienced like how he called you. Only you know where you are coming from. If you see prospect in your salary and the future is here...and you are ok with N300k to N400k ...and you are so much in hurry to get married, you know what to do. There is nothing to be confused about anymore.

But if you know you want a future for yourself, you do what is coming up in the future and not what is present. Is your job the present or the future? Can you learn some of the things we have stated can make you happy in Canada? Or do you want to hold on to what you are presently doing in Nigeria? This are questions you should answer yourself since you refused to give details. From experienced, you may be scared of the challenges too. Then stay. I know boys who would have read this thread and would have used google to see what it takes to get the skills. The next is...can they learn any? Also, the internet isnt stupid...its there to make confirmation of the examples.

What are you confused about? You cant use your google to check them up and make decisions? You can use Google to create a milestone for yourself? If they give you options to stay here and do, cant you research it also? What's there? Let me tell you. It is FEAR. The fear of the challenges. If you sre afraid, then stay. Like we told you...its not for the losers who ended up becoming Musa at the gate. You want it, you have the requirements. The question is...can you do it? If you can go ahead. If you cant....stay. Biko! If you want to desperately get married....then stay. You have decisions to make. Make them. Donnot let people make decisions for you. Everything is here....look at them...make your decision. Whatever decision you make, you have yourself alone to blame or to praise. I will not be responsible for your success or failure, likewise others here. And you will not reward any of us if you are succesful.

By the way, igs not for you only. I dont wrote for OPs alone. I know many will refer to rhis so I try to do justice to the topic. And if I see the OP dey slack, I dash am sense too. That's me. You cant work with me and be moving at the rate of snail. Nope. You gat to wise up and make the inpossinklities possible. You must climb higher mountains whether you are in Naija or abroad. I live more than a decade there, and I relocated back here. So? But to see a chap who has been loaded with information and still dey do "wonder wonder" e dey tire me. It's why we are so slow that these incompetent people are taking the spot in Naija. Small time, people will say I am too harsh....when the whole information has been loaded there for you. Come on! See...I gat no time for ungrateful people ooo. That's me. Ma me dey waste my time dey educate una.

Even, there are people in your situation who are just reading and have started using Googles to check things up. So, what's the confusion there? Sp, you expect us to tell you what to do. Is it not comments you read and check up? Is it not keywords you look for and check. Well, if you still donnot know what to do, and you are saying people are confusing you...then, I dont know what to tell you. It may simply means you are not looking forward, or you dont know how to loo forward.

I am a straight forward and blunt person. I dont hide my words. Read them and you will see the truth. I dong force anyone. I give advantages and disadvantages. But for me to tell an adult what to do...them the adult needs to check himself.

Goodluck in your thread as you wait for people to tell you what you want to hear. Anyone who wants to look forward has everything already in this thread. If you still do not knkw how to decide whether to move, or to stay...then, it is well.

To others in the same situation as this man, I strongly believe the discuss here must have shown you the way forward. I just refused to allow them twist the reL situation the way they always do. It is so clear the way forward for this man who brought this up the sensible thing to do.

Take care sir! And goodluck to everyone.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 8:57am On Jan 12, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Bro, just saw this. Not my intention, and it is time to quit. But, I have taking note of these people, that's what they do. They discourage every young men out there. I have held behind for too long. And when one tries to give his/her opinion gently, they come with full force put to rubbish it. And many young men are losing it daily cos of their narratives. So, people who know the right thing always keep silent.

Well, no one should confuse you. If you are still confused, you have made yourself inexperienced like how he called you. Only you know where you are coming from. If you see prospect in your salary and the future is here...and you are ok with N300k to N400k ...and you are so much in hurry to get married, you know what to do. There is nothing to be confused about anymore.

But if you know you want a future for yourself, you do what is coming up in the future and not what is present. Is your job the present or the future? Can you learn some of the things we have stated can make you happy in Canada? Or do you want to hold on to what you are presently doing in Nigeria? This are questions you should answer yourself since you refused to give details. From experienced, you may be scared of the challenges too. Then stay. I know boys who would have read this thread and would have used google to see what it takes to get the skills. The next is...can they learn any? Also, the internet isnt stupid...its there to make confirmation of the examples.

What are you confused about? You cant use your google to check them up and make decisions? You can use Google to create a milestone for yourself? If they give you options to stay here and do, cant you research it also? What's there? Let me tell you. It is FEAR. The fear of the challenges. If you sre afraid, then stay. Like we told you...its not for the losers who ended up becoming Musa at the gate. You want it, you have the requirements. The question is...can you do it? If you can go ahead. If you cant....stay. Biko! If you want to desperately get married....then stay. You have decisions to make. Make them. Donnot let people make decisions for you. Everything is here....look at them...make your decision. Whatever decision you make, you have yourself alone to blame or to praise. I will not be responsible for your success or failure, likewise others here. And you will not reward any of us if you are succesful.

By the way, igs not for you only. I dont wrote for OPs alone. I know many will refer to rhis so I try to do justice to the topic. And if I see the OP dey slack, I dash am sense too. That's me. You cant work with me and be moving at the rate of snail. Nope. You gat to wise up and make the inpossinklities possible. You must climb higher mountains whether you are in Naija or abroad. I live more than a decade there, and I relocated back here. So? But to see a chap who has been loaded with information and still dey do "wonder wonder" e dey tire me. It's why we are so slow that these incompetent people are taking the spot in Naija. Small time, people will say I am too harsh....when the whole information has been loaded there for you. Come on! See...I gat no time for ungrateful people ooo. That's me. Ma me dey waste my time dey educate una.

Even, there are people in your situation who are just reading and have started using Googles to check things up. So, what's the confusion there? Sp, you expect us to tell you what to do. Is it not comments you read and check up? Is it not keywords you look for and check. Well, if you still donnot know what to do, and you are saying people are confusing you...then, I dont know what to tell you. It may simply means you are not looking forward, or you dont know how to loo forward.

I am a straight forward and blunt person. I dont hide my words. Read them and you will see the truth. I dong force anyone. I give advantages and disadvantages. But for me to tell an adult what to do...them the adult needs to check himself.

Goodluck in your thread as you wait for people to tell you what you want to hear. Anyone who wants to look forward has everything already in this thread. If you still do not knkw how to decide whether to move, or to stay...then, it is well.

To others in the same situation as this man, I strongly believe the discuss here must have shown you the way forward. I just refused to allow them twist the reL situation the way they always do. It is so clear the way forward for this man who brought this up the sensible thing to do.

Take care sir! And goodluck to everyone.

I just LIKED your post.

What GboyegaD was saying isn't far from yours. GboyegaD is a very intelligent man albeit careful. Do understand his plight. He may have a lot up his sleeves to divulge but chose the quickest yet shortest article.

On your side, it can't be overemphasized. You have said it all and the truth.

What we suffer here in naija is deception... From GNLD to family members deception that abroad is not easy, yet they failed to come back. And friends telling you it's too cold in Canada yet are not making plans of coming back.

My best friend and child hood friend is a regional supervisor for Itel mobile here in naija. He got promoted a few months ago too. He earns very good. HE IS MAKING PLANS TO JAPA.

My neighbor in Abuja just relocated with her husband. She processed a masters degree program which validated her husband to join her. The husband had a very good paying job and business. Yet, they left, leaving their kids behind.

Real rich men sold and are selling their properties and moving, yet the OP is yet to understand.

There should come a time in our lives where we need to know that we should travel out. You don't need to tell a deaf there's war. The deaf will make hay while the sun is shining.

If the financially stable people can think of relocation, who am I or the OP not to?

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 10:00am On Jan 12, 2022
I just divided 400,000 by 550 and what I got as the answer was cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Not even up to $1k.

OP, don't you want to grow?

And don't you want to help people around you now and in the future? Do you think the next promotion you'll get maybe 500k will assist you in the next 2-5 years to carter for your family and siblings (if any younger one) and cousins?

Or at least to have someone that will proudly call you "MY UNCLE". Not the useless uncles that do not contribute to people's lives.

As for me, I stopped calling one man my father is older to "MY UNCLE" a long time ago. He worked in NNPC from the time my mom was married till date with 3 fuel stations in portharcourt and a lot of buildings all over in the East who refused to help a single person in our family and the community to become a better person. No employment came from him or genuine assistance. The only assistance he provided and still provides is when there is a loss of life. He comes on board and donates his usual 500k and disappears.

When you go to him for job, he'll diss you. Worst, he'll not open the gate.

OP, do you want to be like HIM?

I have warned my people that I can't call one an uncle or aunt if I see none of his or her impact in my life.

OP, someone or a lot in your family are depending on you. Go and be somebody more elsewhere. Even if you didn't come back with something tangible (of which is a doubt) you'll be exposed and learn new things and life.

My very good uncle in France called me last year 2021. He said "BROS, LOOK FOR A MEANS TO COME OUT OF THAT PLACE. THAT PLACE IS A HELL HOLE".

Do you know why I called him "my uncle in France".

It's because he gifted me $,3000 some months ago without asking him. I was even asleep when I saw an alert. He even asked his wife to call me to make sure I got it. I woke up by 3am to this incredible alert. Then I couldn't sleep anymore.

Why would someone give me what I didn't ask for? The answer is very simple. "Because, the somebody is not in naija".

Go ask your uncle in naija or leave him sef, in 600 years you'll not get a penny from him.

I didn't ask. Just woke up to this alert and he said I should keep it to myself. I asked further, he said I didn't need to ask before he can do any good.

Mentality is always different when one travels. OP, choose which mentality you want.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:11am On Jan 12, 2022
aboyaji:
I just divided 400,000 by 550 and what I got as the answer was cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

Not even up to $1k.

OP, don't you want to grow?

And don't you want to help people around you now and in the future? Do you think the next promotion you'll get maybe 500k will assist you in the next 2-5 years to carter for your family and siblings (if any younger one) and cousins?

Or at least to have someone that will proudly call you "MY UNCLE". Not the useless uncles that do not contribute to people's lives.

As for me, I stopped calling one man my father is older to "MY UNCLE" a long time ago. He worked in NNPC from the time my mom was married till date with 3 fuel stations in portharcourt and a lot of buildings all over in the East who refused to help a single person in our family and the community to become a better person. No employment came from him or genuine assistance. The only assistance he provided and still provides is when there is a loss of life. He comes on board and donates his usual 500k and disappears.

When you go to him for job, he'll diss you. Worst, he'll not open the gate.

OP, do you want to be like HIM?

I have warned my people that I can't call one an uncle or aunt if I see none of his or her impact in my life.

OP, someone or a lot in your family are depending on you. Go and be somebody more elsewhere. Even if you didn't come back with something tangible (of which is a doubt) you'll be exposed and learn new things and life.

They will say you aren't buying things in dollars so you should not divide it. Go and price a 2010 Camry. The car is 4 million naira now. Car that wasn't even up to 3 million like 4 years ago and it's even older now. Instead of depreciating it's appreciating. I won't be surprised if in 8 years the same car Is 8 million lol. They will still say you shouldn't drive car you should enter danfo. Your phone laptop nko they will always find excuses. Poverty has dealt so much with the average Nigerian eh.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 10:19am On Jan 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

They will say you aren't buying things in dollars so you should not divide it. Go and price a 2010 Camry. The car is 4 million naira now. Car that wasn't even up to 3 million like 4 years ago and it's even older now. Instead of depreciating it's appreciating. I won't be surprised if in 8 years the same car Is 8 million lol. They will still say you shouldn't drive car you should enter danfo. Your phone laptop nko they will always find excuses. Poverty has dealt so much with the average Nigerian eh.

1 like for you there.

You got the gist. Naija mentality is very poor. Always a mediocre life.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2022
aboyaji:

1 like for you there.

Even food that is meant to the cheapest thing ever. Food in Nigeria is more expensive than abroad. I went to Italy and I was shocked when I compared food prices to what we have here and minimum wage in Nigeria isn't even up to 70 USD a month. A lot of Nigerians are dead they don't just know it yet.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 10:29am On Jan 12, 2022
Do you know why I like Edo people? Because they don't ask irrelevant questions. They see opportunity and JAPA.

EDO people even travel with one week visit visa or at most, a one month visa and stay forever. I'm not for violating rules of traveling though. I'm stating the obvious.

Why do they?

Because they know it's very expedient to make a change and grow. Not staying and wasting away.

It's this too much ajebutter life that limits us sometimes.

Be crude and grab the bull by its horn. If you have the money, process it and run. So , you don't know the agenda presently in naija now?

Kindly go and learn a skill if you can and JAPA or use education means and leave.

SEE AS I CARRY THE THING FOR HEAD LIKE GALA undecided

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 10:34am On Jan 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Even food that is meant to the cheapest thing ever. Food in Nigeria is more expensive than abroad. I went to Italy and I was shocked when I compared food prices to what we have here and minimum wage in Nigeria isn't even up to 70 USD a month. A lot of Nigerians are dead they don't just know it yet.

A reverend father (priest) in our church was ministering to us someday. He said "if you live your whole life in naija without traveling out, you're merely existing".

I know some set of people won't understand this.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

My bro...sorry I am.quoting you oo. In another thread, we shared different opinion cos I look at issues case by case. But in this...I saw that your share similar view with me. I didnt even notice you are on this thread.

@aboyaji... it is cos of you I am making this comment cos of your last comment sir. Mehn that GboyegaD is just out of it. I know we shared same opinion, but there is way a sensible person will write. He wrote like a senseless person which I am ready to dash what he deserves. Go and read the short stuff he wrote. That kin person, I am always ready for.

But see...ordinarily, let him face that guy he is discussing with, he cannot even last a min. He will not be able to bring his point out. He will be over powered easily. This is exactly the way these politicians who have nothing in their heads beat good people. Yes, I know he knows it, but the temperament of everyone is different...and to bring out your point in this Nigeria, you must face these demons rascally. I used to be gentle with them, but they are rascals. You will show them facts and figures, but they will still confuse people. Why? Cos people do not know the right from the wrong, so, they are used to confusing the public cos they always win.

I thought to myself why would that gboyega guy add fight. That was how I read upward, and I realised even the one who opened the thread has mis written rubbish there.

Seriously, these people must know the OP for them to keep hammering he should stay. I mean, how can a smart person say he is confused with all what is here? He should even be happy that there is a hot debate and he can really see the true picture clearly. But he wants us to spell for him A to Z what exactly he should do. If you give him a woman, will he tell you he is confused on how to sleep with her? Lol.

Nigerians do not know the difference btw hot debate and fight. It doesnt mean people engage in fight when debating. I hope you have watched hot political debates. Some go there with passion to bring out points. That's it. But here, since they are dullards and cannot comprehend such, they dont know how to bring out facts and figures from write ups and debates. Na that kin person you wan send go Canada? Someone who cannot pick information from two different opinions and analyses everything to know which position to take. I swear, that person will sleep outside in the cold cos that's a symptom he is slow. Indo not need to meet anyone face to face to know who the person is. From interaction, I can weigh anyone perfectly.

Bros, the only compensation is that many others who are young like him will tap into it. I listed the options. And even my guy Tensa also listed some...but for them to make research, na wahala. Sir, make dem goand check online, jobs plenty for these skills.

If one can still get jobs from Nigeria with these skills, imagine if one relocates. Think na. One skill, you will see at least 10 to 20 new vacancies weekly. The only issue is work experience which if you try and try, you will eventually get it. Even if it is internship with little pay, start with it. As soon as you gain 6 months experience and you can point to a remote job where you have experience, you have made it sir. Even from this Nigeria, you can start making 3,000 usd if you go about it well. One can even combine two or three part time jobs. Its matter of experience.

So, tell me, if you have a skill you can use to start applying for jobs, is it not promising? But in this Nigeria, there is nothing...no job. Where is the job to apply for? I dont even know if people still send applications in Nigeria. Even, these places you get jobs, you see Nigerian jobs there too.

If this OP who asked the question loses his job, where him wan start again in this Nigeria? And he called it job security. I dont trust any job in the financial sector. Nothing is secured in the financial sector. He may not know. He didnt even give any info about it. The only job I know people used to say is secured is FG and state jobs. But are these jobs secured again? FG that is planning to sack many people. And they are leaving without pension. No pension. Is it not pension people always want from these jobs and they say they are secured? See eh govt will start sacking soon. Massive one is coming soon cos technology will do almost everything.

If that Osinbajo enters, just know that he is bringing Silicon Valley to Nigeria. That's it. He is going to use tech to fight corruption. And he must reduce the workforce to achieve it. Then, he will deploy artificial intelligence algorithms to get most activities done by people. Lesser people, lesser money to loot. It is common sense. He will sack many manual people and employ few people with IT skills Ginger the job done. Simple.

For this OP to be confused, I cannot take his word serious that there is job security for him cos apparently, he is not sure of himself. And I think that guy knows him well, and it is why he said he is inexperienced at his age. What a real inexperienced person. I kept wondering how the guy was so bold yesterday just saying rubbish.

One said he should save and start a business with N300k. grin

See bro. I do not like to sit or discuss with people who cannot use their common sense at all. And again, with people who are too full of themselves like that Gboyega. Just a simple sentence, I detected his pride. If we did not hammer it well here, trust me, that Gboyega will pass and ignore as if he didnt see anything. And if he tries, he will be silenced by these guys here cos these ones are just losers. And losers go to any extent to confuse others. I have marked his moniker very well.

I hope you wont mind if I dont respond again. I just want to make myself clear. I know he knows about it, but common sense is far from him with his response. Very irritating. Person that they will just brush aside as if he is nobody if our posts aren't here.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Damn expensive sir. Seriously expensive.

Na cancer they all eat. Go to market and see what food sellers use to cook. Rotten vegetables, rotten everything. Then they add enough deadly maggi to spice it up.

If you want to have an idea of true costs of some items, Shoprite, spar and the likes are where one should look at well for quality. Then compare the prices with abroad.

Again, we must still wait till Buhari removes all taxes and incentives.....then we can know the true costs of everything....like I wrote above.

I keep saying it. If you take just 30% of agberos in Lagos to ordinary Dubai, they will return and scatter everything in Nigeria. Why? They will see clearly we are suffering.

Just for the sake of knowing the outside world, travel...
Nope. They always stay in Nigeria and when we start discussing real topics, they jump at it. Also, there are some who have locked themselves up abroad for so long. They too think their opinions matter so well.

I always post with pains when I read senseless posts. And they will be defending senseless points stupidly. This is why oyinbo always look at us like inferior set of people. Upside down way of thinking. If you tell them, they get angry.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by 4gunners(m): 11:32am On Jan 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

This car issues is unbelievable. 2007 Corrolla that used to be 1.7M is now 2.7M. You expect the price to be depreciating with time, the reverse is the case here. You buy a car for 3M, after using it for 5 years, you'll still sell the car for thesame price range. No be juju be that.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:38am On Jan 12, 2022
4gunners:
This car issues is unbelievable. 2007 Corrolla that used to be 1.7M is now 2.7M. You expect the price to be depreciating with time, the reverse is the case here. You buy a car for 3M, after using it for 5 years, you'll still sell the car for thesame price range. No be juju be that.

Meanwhile, just 10 years ago a new car could be gotten for 5 million. Brand new tear rubber. When I was in secondary school, I used to see new car adverts for 1 million. I remember my mom getting a camry tiny lite for 500k the same car is now 1.3 million o.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by 4gunners(m): 11:42am On Jan 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Meanwhile, just 10 years ago a new car could be gotten for 5 million. Brand new tear rubber. When I was in secondary school, I used to see new car adverts for 1 million. I remember my mom getting a camry tiny lite for 500k the same car is now 1.3 million o.
Our currency has really depreciated. And I don't see the change in the trend in the nearest future with our reliance on oil sales for forex.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 11:47am On Jan 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

. Do you know that naija used tiny light is 1.1m somewhere? If you're not buying, you leave!!!

Naija is retrogressing and some people fail to see that.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:48am On Jan 12, 2022
4gunners:
Our currency has really depreciated. And I don't see the change in the trend in the nearest future with our reliance on oil sales for forex.
The Nigeria of today is even a paradise to the one coming. Even If oil goes for 200 USD a barrel which is not possible again how will it take care of our booming population.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2022
Just take a very good look at guys on Nairaland alone. The likes of;

Lion.lee

Mikky.angel

Dazz.001

Now while.child.

Etc that I can't remember their names.

Guys are BIG. HUGE. NO ONE PAYS THEM SALARIES.

And you don't want to aspire above your mentality?

You think 400k is all that you've got to acquire? That 400k is the root to your progress. Progress outta naija, else, it will turn to your root of evil.

Take 30k to the market and you'll come back almost empty.

Which business can 300-400 set up afresh for you in naija?

Even indomie and spaghetti whole sale business with 400k will be limited.

A carton of indomie is 4700 -4800 now.

A carton of spaghetti is 6600 now.

How many cartons can you afford with 300-400k?

How about salt, semovita? How many packs can it afford with inclusion of other items?

One can start small and grow it with time but how many?
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The Nigeria of today is even a paradise to the one coming. Even If oil goes for 200 USD a barrel which is not possible again how will it take care of our booming population.
one like for you. You're awake.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
ShopRite has been acquired by a Nigerian. All forms of bonuses have been deprived and scrapped by the new owner. Their staff live on salaries. Is this a forward movement or backward one?

Federal government is at the verge of massively sacking workers. Federal government o!

The other Bank is closing a lot of branches and you're arguing.

Have you served yourself petrol in a gas station before?

Have you driven a very long distance in your own car without the fear of inserurity?

Have you lived in a home without high block fences?

Has government directly affected you positively?

What plans have you for your kids?

Don't you want to live a purposeful life?

Don't you want to say to your siblings "Canada is too cold?" grin grin

Thunder fire poverty.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by GboyegaD(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2022
aboyaji:

1 like for you there.

This is the summary of it all. Many atimes, it is borne out of jealousy and ignorance. Yoruba will call them "da bi mo ti da" i.e. the best version of you should be like me.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by GboyegaD(m): 12:40pm On Jan 12, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

@aboyaji... it is cos of you I am making this comment cos of your last comment sir. Mehn that GboyegaD is just out of it. I know we shared same opinion, but there is way a sensible person will write. He wrote like a senseless person which I am ready to dash what he deserves. Go and read the short stuff he wrote. That kin person, I am always ready for.

I am still trying to understand why you think we are fighting. There are some things you don't have to say. You can't convince some people so why stress. Let me teach you a leeway if you will appreciate it. Don't stress trying to convince people of the obvious as they wouldn't mind fighting you over it.

On threads as this, just read, shake your head and move on. Occasionally, you might chip in to state things when you notice big discrepancies. OP knows what is good for him and trust me, the average Nigerian loves the "ranka dede" lifestyle which makes them feel accomplished.

Above all, like your moniker suggest, let those three things reign.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by aboyaji(m): 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
GboyegaD:

I am still trying to understand why you think we are fighting. There are some things you don't have to say. You can't convince some people so why stress. Let me teach you a leeway if you will appreciate it. Don't stress trying to convince people of the obvious as they wouldn't mind fighting you over it.

On threads as this, just read, shake your head and move on. Occasionally, you might chip in to state things when you notice big discrepancies. OP knows what is good for him and trust me, the average Nigerian loves the "ranka dede" lifestyle which makes them feel accomplished.

Again, you've spoken intelligently. I always respect your comments. That's why I made that post earlier.

aboyaji:

I just LIKED your post.

What GboyegaD was saying isn't far from yours. GboyegaD is a very intelligent man albeit careful. Do understand his plight. He may have a lot up his sleeves to divulge but chose the quickest yet shortest article.

Real rich men sold and are selling their properties and moving, yet the OP is yet to understand.

There should come a time in our lives where we need to know that we should travel out. You don't need to tell a deaf there's war. The deaf will make hay while the sun is shining.

If the financial stable people can think of relocation, who am I or the OP not to?

Peacejoylove
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by 4gunners(m): 1:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
aboyaji:
ShopRite has been acquired by a Nigerian. All forms of bonuses have been deprived and scrapped by the new owner. Their staff live on salaries. Is this a forward movement or backward one?

Federal government is at the verge of massively sacking workers. Federal government o!

Have you driven a very long distance in your own car without the fear of inserurity?

Thunder fire poverty.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Karleb(m): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
aboyaji:

Thunder fire poverty.

Baba, I just put this comment on my whatsapp status and I hope you don't mind.

If I say make I comment, I will just be emotional. sad
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Karleb(m): 2:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
Lately, I've been watching Aba and Preach on YouTube and I do this because their views are online with mine in most cases and they said the greatest privileges you can have are,

1. Having a good look. I'm sure he puts this first because he is an American.

2. Coming from a first world country. This is number 1 for me.

3. Coming from a 2nd, 3rd world etc but coming from a wealthy family.

4. Being a good looking minority. In America for instance, whites have more rights than blacks but would you rather be an ugly white person than a good looking black person? undecided

5. The last one is if you are not disabled.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 13, 2022
GboyegaD:

Who said we are fighting? Return there and read well. Stop twisting my words. And that you think I am here to convince a loser shows you lack some progressive skills. So, you dont still get it that even after 5 years many will still read this thread? My children will be proud of me for saying the truth, and for standing against losers...not like our own parents who are the cause of this state we are. They are just after subsidies accumulating debts for us to pay. Do you know the number of people who have realised the truth? You think you are the only one here? And then....do you know what it takes to handle those losers? Continue talking also like a loser also.

The same way your parents kept silent and allowed losers hijacked everything. I repeat, if not for us who stood our ground, losers like you will read and pass just like you said here. You always jump on wagons people like us move. And this is the exact way you behave in politics in Nigeria. To contest against Tinubu is wahala....to speak against Tinubu is wahala for you....but to masturbate and dent his name is their profession. But your likes are the same ones who refuse to move when he moved. Your likes refused to defend their states when he was moving against FG. What names didn't you call him? ...rascal...agbero...bla bla bla. What do people like you do...you see, and pass on...the exact way you saw many wrong things done in Nigeria and passed on without saying anything cos you lack the Capacity and strength to confront losers. So who is the bigger loser? The ones who stayed to face him are also rascals to people like you who always want to present themselves like clean and sophisticated ones...when the ones facing him dont win, losers like you still insult them...but when it seems they are winning, losers like you always take advantage like the exact thing you did in this thread....behaving like you are the smartest.

Out of the two of you... you are a terrible loser than the guy. I have told you that ....I have marked your moniker.

Peace is peace and not a loser like you. Peace moves to war cos he knows at times the only way to Peace is to face the war....and then Joy comes. You cannot have losers and enemies around and expect love to spread. Peace must fight losers. Losers like you are far harder to tackle than him...cos you are an opportunist.

This is the exact thing we are saying. You are like a cancer. And people like you are the real reason Nigeria is bad, and not cos of people like the guys. Small money Jagaban gives people like you..you turn against those fighting the good fight. But for you to defend them while they are struggling and facing the senseless ones, you always look and pass. Bit when you see that the wagon is making wave, you jump in not because you want to support them, but thata a wagon to quickly use for your self interest and self ego. Shame on you for even trying to defend your way of life. Shaking my head. And you think you are smart like this?
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by GboyegaD(m): 2:06am On Jan 13, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Who said we are fighting? Return there and read well. Stop twisting my words. And that you think I am here to convince a loser shows you lack some progressive skills. So, you dont still get it that even after 5 years many will still read this thread? My children will be proud of me for saying the truth, and for standing against losers...not like our own parents who are the cause of this state we are. They are just after subsidies accumulating debts for us to pay. Do you know the number of people who have realised the truth? You think you are the only one here? And then....do you know what it takes to handle those losers? Continue talking also like a loser also.

The same way your parents kept silent and allowed losers hijacked everything. I repeat, if not for us who stood our ground, losers like you will read and pass just like you said here. You always jump on wagons people like us move. And this is the exact way you behave in politics in Nigeria. To contest against Tinubu is wahala....to speak against Tinubu is wahala for you....but to masturbate and dent his name is their profession. But your likes are the same ones who refuse to move when he moved. Your likes refused to defend their states when he was moving against FG. What names didn't you call him? ...rascal...agbero...bla bla bla. What do people like you do...you see, and pass on...the exact way you saw many wrong things done in Nigeria and passed on without saying anything cos you lack the Capacity and strength to confront losers. So who is the bigger loser? The ones who stayed to face him are also rascals to people like you who always want to present themselves like clean and sophisticated ones...when the ones facing him dont win, losers like you still insult them...but when it seems they are winning, losers like you always take advantage like the exact thing you did in this thread....behaving like you are the smartest.

Out of the two of you... you are a terrible loser than the guy. I have told you that ....I have marked your moniker.

Peace is peace and not a loser like you. Peace moves to war cos he knows at times the only way to Peace is to face the war....and then Joy comes. You cannot have losers and enemies around and expect love to spread. Peace must fight losers. Losers like you are far harder to tackle than him...cos you are an opportunist.

This is the exact thing we are saying. You are like a cancer. And people like you are the real reason Nigeria is bad, and not cos of people like the guys. Small money Jagaban gives people like you..you turn against those fighting the good fight. But for you to defend them while they are struggling and facing the senseless ones, you always look and pass. Bit when you see that the wagon is making wave, you jump in not because you want to support them, but thata a wagon to quickly use for your self interest and self ego. Shame on you for even trying to defend your way of life. Shaking my head. And you think you are smart like this?

Oga, grow up and stop trying so hard to force your opinion on others. The earlier you realize everyone is an adult and seeking opinion/advice doesn't make them any lesser/stupid, the better you will get.

Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Nobody: 3:00am On Jan 13, 2022
GboyegaD:

Oga, grow up and stop trying so hard to force your opinion on others. The earlier you realize everyone is an adult and seeking opinion/advice doesn't make them any lesser/stupid, the better you will get.
The earlier you realise you are the chief of the lesser/stupid like you wrote above, the better for you cos you are an opportunist. I have checked some of your posts and realised you jump at every wagon making waves to look like hero...but to start a trend ...you dont do...coward...na so so useless mentality and narrative your fathers had to the extent looters took over Nigeria. Shut the crap up and grow up. It is you who needs to man up and face foo.lishness. Sense should tell you that this exact yeye approach is what your fathers used and made them losers. They sounded sophisticated to looters and look at where we are today.

Just exactly the same way those losers wont accept, you will never accept it..and it's by fire and force people like you learn also... I told you...you are a bigger loser. So, cos they are adults, we should allow them ruin everyone and mislead us all when facts and data are there. You always want to sound good, but I tell you...look at my moniker well, you cannot sound intelligent....I will kick you off once I realise you are stup.id.

In your tiny sense, what we put here are opinions and views. I said it na. You are the greater loser. When we are talking about facts with data. Sp, it is an opinion things look cheap cos of subsidies which are debts? That is an opinion to you? You need help. And every other things we put out there. You can say yours are opinions, but mine are facts and data which make them real and truthful so that if you dont accept them, something is wrong with you. Even oyinbo will tell you off when they show you data and facts and you still continue arguing. Imagine a lawyer still arguing in the face of real data and facts. What happens, such a layer will be disgraced. But when you want to act as a defender and you dont even know the point you stand on is either an opinion or a fact, then, you are the bigger loser. You think Inwas just insulting you when I said you sre the bigger loser. Yes...you are a loser. How can you boldly defend yourself when you think your points are opinions only. Get the crap outta my corner. You are not worthy to be a defender on my side. You are a loser.

In short, you dont know your right from your left too. Imagine, you cannot differentiate between opinion/view and facts/data. I said it...exactly how your old parents allowed these looters hijack Nigeria. They want to sound sophisticated.....you.dont argue with them...you dont do this...you dont do that...and they continuously beat you all silly.

Do you think you can have the room to operate if it is only you here? Opportunist. You wouldn't even last. You would have read and passed as usual like you wrote earlier. But the spirit that take advantage of people in you made you drop here to make comment cos you saw the wagon is moving. But some people started it by arguing it out. If it was left with you, you would look and pass.

I dont have your time again. What I did was to show you that you are a loser who should be trashed too. All he is doing is trying to sound sophisticated. Bigger mofo!

This is how they destroyed Nigeria. Get the crap outta my mention. You reply me again, you get silence...I have shown clearly you are zero over zero yourself too. Opportunist. Nonsense. An Adult who cannot differentiate opinions from facts. cheesy

You think you can sound sophisticated and make me look like a bully or not grown up. See eh. Na more insults you go chop and I will show you why you deserve to be properly trashed. I will lay you on the floor and flog you well well. You better go check my posts and see who I am. I dont take rubbish. Adults without sense should be trashed. And that our economy is so poor today is an evidence there are many senseless adults in Nigeria. So, we will uproot you all. They always want to hide under everyone is an adult. You know you are an adult and you dont know courtesy demands you to know how to write. You think I am one of those you can just put short words to tell off stylishly and sophisticatedly. You no well at all. You better check my posts. I understand things deeply. If its face to face issue you drop that nonsense, honestly, three back hands would have landed on your face to reset your brain. I want to see how you will struggle it out with me. You think I have time to be dragging things. I take action straight. You want to sound like a hero but I notice your flaw, you get instant judgement...you better take back seat before more land on your face.

I dont have your time again.
Re: Pursue My Career Or JAPA by Acidosis(m): 6:02am On Jan 13, 2022
Lol. This man is still busy fighting himself, trying to convince 180 million people why they should emigrate. People have been relocating to the West long before you were born, even when the so called economy was good. No be you go tell others what to do o. Just drop your bits and stop fighting yourself.

Would You Change Your Name After Getting Married? / Does Mixed Religion Marriage Work? / Mother And Son Share A Moment

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 201