Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,085 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out (1458 Views)

Coil Keeps Burning / Changing AC Compressor From Automatic To Manual / The Current Prices Of Corolla AC Compressor And Condenser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out by johnny2013(m): 6:54am On Jan 10, 2022
Help! I noticed a sound like there was a friction when driving especially when I released my leg from the throttle (accelerator), I didn't know it was the compressor that was the culprit until one day after using AC for a long time it escalated and became a terrible noise.
When I opened the car hood, I saw smoke coming out from the compressor and the fan belt could hardly turn as it should.

I went for repairs, the compressor, hoses and dryer were all changed and the system flushed out.
Everything became good but just for a day. After just a day, the same thing happened again.
What could be the cause? I am frustrated by this development especially when I just spent over 50k to do it. Pls help
Re: My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out by Mrkumareze(m): 7:14am On Jan 10, 2022
Over 50k can't give you answer to such problem cos you need to change the compressor, condenser and other things .. meanwhile, what's the make of your car n model ?
Re: My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out by johnny2013(m): 6:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Over 50k can't give you answer to such problem cos you need to change the compressor, condenser and other things .. meanwhile, what's the make of your car n model ?

2004 Honda accord EOD
Re: My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out by Mmgboji(m): 7:29pm On Jan 10, 2022
1. Check with a qualified auto electrician to confirm that all A/C related wires are in order. Check that the Compressor clutch relay is the right one for the car. Check that all AC related fuses have the right Amperage.

2. Replace the compressor again and make sure that the system is thoroughly flushed and vaccumed with a vacuum pump before recharge.

I had this issue in my Camry. After replacing the compressor 3times, it eventually appeared that a 20amp fuse was used on a 10amp system.

In summary, avoid roadside AC mechanics.

3 Likes

Re: My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out by hentech911: 9:43pm On Jan 10, 2022
Make sure the AC line is not blocked, also check for bent AC line which can cause restriction of gas flow.
Re: My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out by Praxtech: 8:18am On Jan 11, 2022
johnny2013:
Help! I noticed a sound like there was a friction when driving especially when I released my leg from the throttle (accelerator), I didn't know it was the compressor that was the culprit until one day after using AC for a long time it escalated and became a terrible noise.
When I opened the car hood, I saw smoke coming out from the compressor and the fan belt could hardly turn as it should.

I went for repairs, the compressor, hoses and dryer were all changed and the system flushed out.
Everything became good but just for a day. After just a day, the same thing happened again.
What could be the cause? I am frustra.ted by this development especially when I just spent over 50k to do it. Pls help
Remove all welded AC pipes... there's a restriction in the system usually caused by a welding problem

2 Likes

Re: My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out by johnny2013(m): 8:39pm On Jan 11, 2022
Thank you everyone. Let me try and take it for a check
Re: My Car Ac's Compressor Keeps Burning Out by Olatundebadmus: 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
Mr johnny pls send me your number I have the same problem let's talk about how I fixed yours.. ooshifeso@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

My Gear Transmission Is Hard To Select / EOD 2004 Gear Changing Abruptly- Wot Could Be Wrong / Candid Suggestion Honda Crv And Toyota Highlander Which Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.