Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,253 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight (30222 Views)

Bayer Leverkusen Players Dance To Flavour’s Hit Song After Winning Bundesliga / Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) / Modric Reveals What Ronaldo Told Him After Winning UEFA Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by kilisi(m): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2022
shezy14:
it's not conspiracy theory if is true.
People who take the vaccine also get covid, die from it and also spread it, the vaccine is not effective it feels rushed, what those big companies and government care about is money!!!

OK.
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by deolurexy1(m): 12:18pm On Jan 10, 2022
kilisi:
I don't understand how Novak Djokovic should be given preferential treatment compared to the real Australian citizens.

I don't care if you are celebrity or not, but he shouldn't have been given an exemption that is against their immigration rules.

Besides, he's not a good role model as he is part of those spreading conspiracy theories regarding Covid-19.

you are very foolish sir, what is the crime in rejecting a vaccine that you arent comfortable with. Role model kill una there

2 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by macaranta(m): 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2022
kilisi:

The AU open committee chairman gave him the exemption but it was against the country's covid-19 immigration guidelines.

So the central government has every right to deny him entry.

Same thing, the AU open Committee chairman I guess is an aussie... So why all the display of undue aggression when they should be channeling it to their chairman.

If someone on such a capacity is unwanted in their country for whatsoever reason, they should have just placed him on a return flight to his POD.
Can they do this to an American or British athlete? Smh

1 Like

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by kilisi(m): 12:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
deolurexy1:

you are very foolish sir, what is the crime in rejecting a vaccine that you arent comfortable with. Role model kill una there

OK. Have a nice century!
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by Newboss(m): 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
kilisi:
I don't understand how Novak Djokovic should be given preferential treatment compared to the real Australian citizens.

I don't care if you are celebrity or not, but he shouldn't have been given an exemption that is against their immigration rules.

Besides, he's not a good role model as he is part of those spreading conspiracy theories regarding Covid-19.

There is no preferential treatment. Read the article. He has had COVID in the past 90 days. That qualifies you for a temporary exemption.
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by Jeromejnr(m): 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2022
mfm04622:

Lol!!!

All those dying of COVID-19, were they vaccinated?
It is the unvaccinated that are dying!!! How many vaccinated people have you heard died?

Or how many have been hospitalised? Stay of CNN.

1 Like

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:26pm On Jan 10, 2022
deolurexy1:

I believe the argument is that you owe a duty of care to others and in times of an ongoing pandemic a global health emergency your personal freedom/liberty is subject to the health and well being of others.

Meaning that your freedom of choice is not superior to the safety and wellness of others because you can infect them and they can infect you too,there is nothing like absolute freedom when people are dying or their health is at risk because of your refusal to get vaccinated.

That is the argument for vaccines or mandatory vaccines.
Where ones rights ends that is when the rights of others start

3 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Show him a link not a screenshot, if truly in Israel the unvaccinated are the ones dying since you have first hand information about the virus in Israel more than the Israeli health officials

2 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by delzbaba(m): 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2022
End time shit, this looks and feels like the mark of the devil type stuff where if you don't receive the mark you will be persecuted.
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by Jeromejnr(m): 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Show him a link not a screenshot, if truly in Israel the unvaccinated are the ones dying since you have first hand information about the virus in Israel more than the Israeli health officials

Thays why you can search the doctors name. That's what the Internet is for madam.

Afterall, I wasn't the one being interviewed on the news.
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2022
He won in court on the case of technicality,they didn't give him enough time before revoke his visa so the court held that the border officials failed on the procedural issues not necessarily whether or not he couldn't have his visa revoked since Australia is a sovereign nation and can decide who stays in their country.

It is now left for Alex Hawke to decide and he will likely revoke his visa I can be wrong sha but the information is that it is on high consideration right now and if it is revoked they will follow procedure and Djokovic won't win in court again.

After all their country their rules and a lot of Australians are not happy with him.

2 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Thays why you can search the doctors name. That's what the Internet is for madam.

Afterall, I wasn't the one being interviewed on the news.

Why should I search the doctor's name?when Isreal has had little covid deaths from the vaccinated and the general record is that it is mostly the unvaccinated that die and are hospitalised why should I go and check for something sinister and misleading?.

3 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by frog12: 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
this guy should just forget it and go back. e don WIN many tennis cups
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by TheEnforcer: 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jeromejnr:
Vaccination causing problems all over the world.

Yet you hardly see the unvaccinated dying.
Absolutely , why are they trying to even mandate it.If it was that good, why try to force it on people?
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by mfm04622: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jeromejnr:

You see? It is not the fault if liars, we should blame those who can't use their senses too and believe anything they read without question!
That quote was done by twisting what Kamala Harris said in public. This lie has been debunked by providing the real audio. She said "the unvaccinated are filling hospitals". Conspiracy theorists changed it. And you believed without any evidence?
I and my family and coworkers are all vaccinated, none has been hospitalized, none has died.
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by Jeromejnr(m): 12:46pm On Jan 10, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Why should I search the doctor's name?when Isreal has had little covid deaths from the vaccinated and the general record is that it is mostly the unvaccinated that die and are hospitalised why should I go and check for something sinister and misleading?.

Of course you wouldn't Check to save yourself from not liking what you would see.

Btw, You mean the many unvaccinated that died in 2020 that later was said even on "the economist" to have been as a result of other diseases

The unvaccinated I know and many of us know haven't been dying yet you guys keep forcing the vaccine when even people like AOC are still getting the disease. So what's the difference tell us?

They will only claim yen yen yen it reduces severity.

1 Like

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by Jeromejnr(m): 12:48pm On Jan 10, 2022
mfm04622:

You see? It is not the fault if liars, we should blame those who can't use their senses too and believe anything they read without question!
That quote was done by twisting what Kamala Harris said in public. This lie has been debunked by providing the real audio. She said "the unvaccinated are filling hospitals". Conspiracy theorists changed it. And you believed without any evidence?
I and my family and coworkers are all vaccinated, none has been hospitalized, none has died.

And many of us are unvaccinated we haven't been hospitalised or died.

But AOC is currently on her own quarantine so what is the point?

2 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by gammarays1: 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2022
Replace the name Australia with China or Russia and see news outlets talking about abuse of fundamental human rights.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by mfm04622: 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jeromejnr:

And many of us are unvaccinated we haven't been hospitalised or died.

But AOC is currently on her own quarantine so what is the point?

Nobody told you vaccines are 100% effective. Even if the vaccinated get COVID-19, there are evidence that shows there cases are a lot milder than those who are not vaccinated. Most of them don't require hospitalization and if they do, they stay fewer days.
So go and get vaccinated. You are alive and well today because your parents gave you all vaccines you were supposed to take when you were a baby

1 Like

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:00pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Of course you wouldn't Check to save yourself from not liking what you would see.

Btw, You mean the many unvaccinated that died in 2020 that later was said even on "the economist" to have been as a result of other diseases

The unvaccinated I know and many of us know haven't been dying yet you guys keep forcing the vaccine when even people like AOC are still getting the disease. So what's the difference tell us?

They will only claim yen yen yen it reduces severity.

Gibberish as usual, I would rather follow the experts and scientist rather than you that loves to speculate on social media.
The virus is mutating and affecting the efficacy of the vaccines but then the health experts still have enough data to show that the vaccines work and help fight the severity of the virus and need for hospitalisations the current stats are that the unvaccinated are more hospitalised and dying more.
I have been vaccinated and never for once infected too so you claiming you haven't been vaccinated and hasn't died doesn't also disprove the fact that the unvaccinated are more at risk of infection and death.

AOC has been vaccinated and boosted she will live,unlike the many vaccine skeptics in America who didn't do the right thing and are already dead.One died last week in California after calling the vacccinated all sorts of names so many like her have passed on too cheesy

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

2 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:01pm On Jan 10, 2022
mfm04622:

Nobody told you vaccines are 100% effective. Even if the vaccinated get COVID-19, there are evidence that shows there cases are a lot milder than those who are not vaccinated. Most of them don't require hospitalization and if they do, they stay fewer days.
So go and get vaccinated. You are alive and well today because your parents gave you all vaccines you were supposed to take when you were a baby

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by Jeromejnr(m): 1:02pm On Jan 10, 2022
mfm04622:

1st of all, it hasn't been proven that the cases are milder in the vaccinated.

2nd of all the vaccines we took when where young were not MRNA vaccines.

3rdly, the vaccines we took when we where younger were FDA approved before been administered on a a large scale.

Lastly, a forceful vaccine mandate for a virus with 99% recovery rate with weakened variants, is tyrannical.

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by Jeromejnr(m): 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Gibberish as usual, I would rather follow the experts and scientist rather than you that loves to speculate on social media.
The virus is mutating and affecting the efficacy of the vaccines but then the health experts still have enough data to show that the vaccines work and help fight the severity of the virus and need for hospitalisations the current stats are that the unvaccinated are more hospitalised and dying more.
I have been vaccinated and never for once infected too so you claiming you haven't been vaccinated and hasn't died doesn't also disprove the fact that the unvaccinated are more at risk of infection and death.

AOC has been vaccinated and boosted she will live,unlike the many vaccine skeptics in America who didn't do the right thing and are already dead.One died last week in California after calling the vacccinated all sorts of names so many like her have passed on too cheesy

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

Your ignorance shows you don't know how to follow the experts. Because experts and scientists usually differ among themselves just as in this current case.

You just choose the side you want. Motivated by fear.

Also..since you mentioned a case, 30 percent is much don't you think.

Try harder convincing us with facts.

1 Like

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by sylve11: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2022
Mayorofodemu:
This is a very serious. Don’t get vaccine, if you are not traveling abroad which is mandatory. That vaccine is not to be trusted. I’m a living testimony, it had happened to my wife’ relative before, she was vaccinated and another health issues came out

Hmmm cool
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by shadeze: 1:13pm On Jan 10, 2022
kilisi:

The AU open committee chairman gave him the exemption but it was against the country's covid-19 immigration guidelines.

So the central government has every right to deny him entry.
Stop saying what you don't know, the government gave him an exemption before he came. The AU committee doesn't give people exemption from covid-19 vaccination. Always try to get informed about a matter before jumping in to comment ignorantly.
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2022
Jeromejnr:

Your ignorance shows you don't know how to follow the experts. Because experts and scientists usually differ among themselves just as in this current case.

You just choose the side you want. Motivated by fear.

Also..since you mentioned a case, 30 percent is much don't you think.

Try harder convincing us with facts.

You are the ignorant one here,most times the experts here are the organisations and agencies that come up with a general guideline that is what I was referring to the examples are WHO,CDC,FDA amongst others across the world.

I didn't choose any side I want and I am definitely not scared nah I am not I have no reason to be and even if I get covid I am likely to survive.

It is not my duty to convince you of anything because I am not your doctor or an health expert I read and speak with my health experts on the virus and they enlighten me and I seek information from the right sources if you don't want to be convinced that is your problem after all many who were like you are 6ft below.
Anyway the picture you added said 30% which means the remaining 70% were the dumb unvaccinated so how does it even help your argument when I have been saying that many of them more likely to be hospitalised and more likely to die are the unvaccinated and according to this report it proves my point that majority (many) of them who died were truly the unvaccinated grin

3 Likes

Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by sylve11: 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2022
CaptainFM1:
They will run the clock on him. By the time the dust will be settled, the tournament would be over.

Hmmm cool
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by BenIk10: 1:20pm On Jan 10, 2022
Nemere2020:

https://independent.ng/djokovic-arrested-hours-after-winning-australian-visa-fight/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

I thought they said the vaccine will protect the vaccinated from the virus.

That if you are not vaccinated, you are on a highway to grave

Then why shouldn't they allow Djokovic to die em die?

Something is too fishy about this
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by panpan(m): 1:28pm On Jan 10, 2022
eldoradoxx:
I don't just understand this compulsory vaccination. Vaccinated people can transmit covid 19 like the unvaccinated people once they re both exposed to the virus only that the unvaccinated may likely develop more illness than the vaccinated we were told.
Novick is not covid positive and so why can't he enter any country? I though that the idea is to prevent the spread of the virus (which he does not have any to spread ), if it is, why is a healthy man who has negative PCR test not being allowed to enter a country he has valid visa to enter.

The covid "vaccination" is not about people's health. It's about control.
The Australian government wants all citizens and residents to be "vaccinated" at all cost.

The covid "vaccine" is probably the only "medication" in which its ineffectiveness is blamed on those who have not taken it.
The Australian government does not want a celebrity (tennis star) to prove to the whole world that the covid "vaccination" is useless.
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by Jeromejnr(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

You are the ignorant one here,most times the experts here are the organisations and agencies that come up with a general guideline that is what I was referring to the examples are WHO,CDC,FDA amongst others across the world.

I didn't chose any side I want and I am definitely not scared nah I am not I have no reason to be and even if I get covid I am likely to survive.

It is not my duty to convince you of anything because I am not your doctor or an health expert I read and speak with my health experts on the virus and they enlighten me and I seek information from the right sources if you don't want to be convinced that is your problem after all many who were like you are 6ft below.
Anyway the picture you added said 30% which means the remaining 70% were the dumb unvaccinated so how does it even help your argument when I have been saying that many of them more likely to be hospitalised and more likely to die are the unvaccinated and according to this report it proves my point that majority (many) of them who died were truly the unvaccinated grin

I mean, don't you think you sound silly trying to push a vaccine agenda on Nigerians where we can hardly even see covid deaths?

Also you don't even know how to argue and yet comprehend to even make a case.

The case was why are they pushing mandates for a vaccine with 99% recovery rate and a weakened variant when the vaccine is giving side effects, still need boosters, and still have to follow the same rules as the unvaccinated?

30% of a "negative" in science is a failure. So why mandate a negative for another negative? (I.e recovery rates, weakened variant).

So for many Nigerians who don't even feel as if covid even exists give us facts as to why we should take your vaccine and still live in fear?

You will only say someone died, yea but many vaccinated also die. And the current graphs shows way reduced rates of hospitalizations among the unvaccinated because of the weakened variants.

So don't deceive yourself with so called CNN experts and say you are following scientists..lol..which one Fauci and team that secretly funded the Wuhan labs research when told not to
Re: Djokovic Arrested Hours After Winning Australian Visa Fight by Godszilla: 1:32pm On Jan 10, 2022
Please where did you get this information from, i cannot see this info on BBC or major news outlet that are following this Live. You sure this is not fake news?
Nemere2020:

https://independent.ng/djokovic-arrested-hours-after-winning-australian-visa-fight/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FC Midtjylland Players Dance To Nigerian Music After Defeating Man United (Video / All Real Madrid Players And Staff Go Into Coronavirus Quarantine / Ajax Beats VVV-Venlo 13 - 0, Lassina Traore Scores Five

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.