Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,399 members, 7,812,173 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. (7389 Views)

PAYONEER: Why I Stopped Using Payoneer & What I Use Now. Wise.com + Crypto.com / Help, I Need An Idea On How To Use Transferwise To Receive Payment / Gift Card & BITCOINS Conversion Zone And Its Advantages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by megamindmaster(m): 5:53pm On Mar 06, 2022
DonX001:

Ok thanks. Any other options apart from using exchangers?

Probably selling to wise merchants who use the e currency to buy things in bulk...

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by dojnr4real: 7:34pm On Mar 06, 2022
megamindmaster:

Wise prefers the national ID with a chip on it embarassed
I don't have that one and I need to verify my wise asap.
sad
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by megamindmaster(m): 11:55pm On Mar 06, 2022
dojnr4real:
I don't have that one and I need to verify my wise asap.
sad

You will have to get something they accept, not just for wise, but if you are truly ready to do business online, have an international passport, Driver's license or accepted National ID. Those are important credentials....

PS. If you need to receive payments and get paid I'm Naira equivalent at you rate, I offer such services as long as you can prove your sources are legitimate. This will give you some time to get a valid means of ID, while not missing payments...

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by DonX001: 12:59am On Mar 07, 2022
megamindmaster:

Probably selling to wise merchants who use the e currency to buy things in bulk...

Ok thanks.
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by Generalkorex(m): 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2022
megamindmaster:
*UPDATE! *UPDATE!! *UPDATE!!!

A lot of wise account blocking has been going on lately and a few of the people who verified their account with my help were affected. Wise like any other e-money company is heavily regulated and of course, has strong terms of service and user agreement, which they update from time to time.

I also noticed the reluctance from genuine folks to use wise because of the increasing banning lately, but it is not mysterious. Here are a few things I found out from my research, experience, and even discussion with their rep via Twitter...

1. Take some time to build tractions on your new account. I help and advise people to create wise accounts, but be careful not to run off immediately and start doing huge funds with it... Someone I helped get verified go his account got it banned under a couple of weeks because of this - just around 5k dollars from different sources... build traction. Sometimes allow it to lie fallow for a while before doing the next transaction... receive some smaller denominations and be consistent, but wise with it... the older your account gets, the stronger it becomes, so it is not how fast, but has well you use your account.

2. Wise kinda prefers wise to wise transfers from balance, and don't look into them as much as they do to international cross border transfer. I know that is why they exist in the first place, but they investigate it. If you will receive funds from someone in USD or GBP or EURO, specify what it is for, eg payment for website development, marketing, graphics, etc... services you offer

3. If you a receiving a payment from someone and you see the payment is on hold for some checks and asked to give it some time... do not do another transaction, I repeat, do not do another transaction with a pending payment... better still cancel that payment and give it some time before trying again.

4. You can receive funds from your Payoneer account and even your PayPal account to your wise account. I do this all the time but make sure it is always your name, like your account, and the name you have on your wise account. if it is different, and you do this over time, you are calling their attention to investigate and ban your account, and guess what? they will not tell you why... and oh, before I forget, don't try sending money from wise to Payoneer, or PayPal, YOU WILL GET YOUR ACCOUNT BANNED! because it is against their TOS (for reasons best known to them)

5. Be careful with crypto transactions or mentioning them in any transaction description. they are not particularly against crypto, but staying away from always mentioning it will do you good.

6. Wise, like every other e-money company, is not a bank, and storing your money on this platform is not advisable. You are even more at risk with a UK company like wise because there are EU laws that prohibit keeping money on these platforms for a while.

7. Even though wise says they have no limit, your account is not all-powerful. People with 100s of thousands of dollars in their account have been banned before, even though they get their money after some time, you don't want to go through that stress... so like I said, build traction.

In summary, this is not to scare anyone from using wise. I recommend wise any day any time, but you will have to learn them to avoid triggers and pitfalls. If you have used PayPal for business before, you know this is the smaller of two evils grin

I attached a screenshot of my conversation/response from their rep through their Twitter handle (they actually answer faster there) and also a screenshot of my wise account transactions from yesterday to show you I do transactions in thousands of USD every day without issues...

questions are welcomed
What is this breach they keep talking about?

I have been using my wise account since late 2019 and the highest I ever got Into was £800. I always make sure I don't do more than 2k pounds transactions in a month. These funds are from my direct client and families and from a company I'm working for but still I got deactivated. I will send you a message on WHATSAPP soon.
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by megamindmaster(m): 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2022
Generalkorex:

What is this breach they keep talking about?

I have been using my wise account since late 2019 and the highest I ever got Into was £800. I always make sure I don't do more than 2k pounds transactions in a month. These funds are from my direct client and families and from a company I'm working for but still, I got deactivated. I will send you a message on WHATSAPP soon.

Sorry to hear this... I will like to talk more with you on WhatsApp to know some more details. these things happen, but we try to learn more from them, to avoid them as much as possible...

Sometimes engaging them on Twitter will solve a lot of issues...

2 Likes

Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by Generalkorex(m): 1:20pm On Mar 19, 2022
megamindmaster:

Sorry to hear this... I will like to talk more with you on WhatsApp to know some more details. these things happen, but we try to learn more from them, to avoid them as much as possible...

I sent a message on Facebook. I was told to appeal na still the same. These people suffer me o
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by dojnr4real: 5:23pm On Mar 19, 2022
Generalkorex:

I sent a message on Facebook. I was told to appeal na still the same. These people suffer me o
sorry man. aboki.africa is a good alternative.

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by Patj(m): 6:14am On Mar 28, 2022
shinarashid9:

ia good write up but not say how to fund the account from Nigeria

You can fund through exchangers.
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by Babson4u(m): 10:50pm On Apr 21, 2022
Does voters card work for wise verification
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by Fibonacci88: 2:05am On May 22, 2022
megamindmaster:

Hi just stumbled on ur thread. I have a company overseas I work for. I intend receiving subsequent payment through wise to my domiciliary acc. I have a verified wise acc but this will be my first time sending money. Pls which option should I select under bank details. Should I select local or swift. For local it's asking for routing number. Kindly help clarify. Thanks
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by mrpassionate(m): 1:51pm On Jun 17, 2022
How much do u buy Euro in TransferWise account?.

megamindmaster:
*UPDATE! *UPDATE!! *UPDATE!!!

A lot of wise account blocking has been going on lately and a few of the people who verified their account with my help were affected. Wise like any other e-money company is heavily regulated and of course, has strong terms of service and user agreement, which they update from time to time.

I also noticed the reluctance from genuine folks to use wise because of the increasing banning lately, but it is not mysterious. Here are a few things I found out from my research, experience, and even discussion with their rep via Twitter...

1. Take some time to build tractions on your new account. I help and advise people to create wise accounts, but be careful not to run off immediately and start doing huge funds with it... Someone I helped get verified go his account got it banned under a couple of weeks because of this - just around 5k dollars from different sources... build traction. Sometimes allow it to lie fallow for a while before doing the next transaction... receive some smaller denominations and be consistent, but wise with it... the older your account gets, the stronger it becomes, so it is not how fast, but has well you use your account.

2. Wise kinda prefers wise to wise transfers from balance, and don't look into them as much as they do to international cross border transfer. I know that is why they exist in the first place, but they investigate it. If you will receive funds from someone in USD or GBP or EURO, specify what it is for, eg payment for website development, marketing, graphics, etc... services you offer

3. If you a receiving a payment from someone and you see the payment is on hold for some checks and asked to give it some time... do not do another transaction, I repeat, do not do another transaction with a pending payment... better still cancel that payment and give it some time before trying again.

4. You can receive funds from your Payoneer account and even your PayPal account to your wise account. I do this all the time but make sure it is always your name, like your account, and the name you have on your wise account. if it is different, and you do this over time, you are calling their attention to investigate and ban your account, and guess what? they will not tell you why... and oh, before I forget, don't try sending money from wise to Payoneer, or PayPal, YOU WILL GET YOUR ACCOUNT BANNED! because it is against their TOS (for reasons best known to them)

5. Be careful with crypto transactions or mentioning them in any transaction description. they are not particularly against crypto, but staying away from always mentioning it will do you good.

6. Wise, like every other e-money company, is not a bank, and storing your money on this platform is not advisable. You are even more at risk with a UK company like wise because there are EU laws that prohibit keeping money on these platforms for a while.

7. Even though wise says they have no limit, your account is not all-powerful. People with 100s of thousands of dollars in their account have been banned before, even though they get their money after some time, you don't want to go through that stress... so like I said, build traction.

In summary, this is not to scare anyone from using wise. I recommend wise any day any time, but you will have to learn them to avoid triggers and pitfalls. If you have used PayPal for business before, you know this is the smaller of two evils grin

I attached a screenshot of my conversation/response from their rep through their Twitter handle (they actually answer faster there) and also a screenshot of my wise account transactions from yesterday to show you I do transactions in thousands of USD every day without issues...

questions are welcomed
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by megamindmaster(m): 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2022
mrpassionate:
How much do u buy Euro in TransferWise account?.

Hello. I am not trading at the moment...
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by mrpassionate(m): 8:45pm On Jun 17, 2022
Alright thanks for your time..

megamindmaster:

Hello. I am not trading at the moment...
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by gAXclusive(m): 6:02pm On Jul 12, 2022
megamindmaster:
Can you fund my wise account? Just created account but understand I have to find it before getting account details. One problem I noticed is no 3rd party payment allowed. How true is that?

Welcome bro. Enjoy your account
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by sonety2k(m): 6:29pm On Jul 12, 2022
Following
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by megamindmaster(m): 4:23pm On Jul 26, 2022
been a while here, and I still get a lot of requests from people who come across this thread, so some quick updates from my end...

I stopped selling small wise funds to help people activate their wise accounts, as a result of abuse from a lot of people I helped do this. I was also being careful not to make it a pattern.

My wise account of 4 years was deactivated a couple of months ago, so I paused buying and selling wise funds. After an appeal that took more than 2 months, I got my money back, but the account remained gone, and their reason is "because of how they are regulated", and they have the right to close it anytime they deem fit.

I checked through all their TOS and nothing was out of place for me, so apparently the same services they offer can automatically be denied at any time. I only buy wise funds at the moment...

I'll advise everyone who does legitimate business and needs a wise account to receive payment for their work, to ask their client to send them payments with your email address so you can activate your account and receive foreign bank accounts...

Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by megamindmaster(m): 2:56pm On Aug 01, 2022
Still buying your WISE funds at very juicy rates. Let's talk.
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by Qasim6(m): 9:31am On Aug 17, 2022
megamindmaster:
been a while here, and I still get a lot of requests from people who come across this thread, so some quick updates from my end...

I stopped selling small wise funds to help people activate their wise accounts, as a result of abuse from a lot of people I helped do this. I was also being careful not to make it a pattern.

My wise account of 4 years was deactivated a couple of months ago, so I paused buying and selling wise funds. After an appeal that took more than 2 months, I got my money back, but the account remained gone, and their reason is "because of how they are regulated", and they have the right to close it anytime they deem fit.

I checked through all their TOS and nothing was out of place for me, so apparently the same services they offer can automatically be denied at any time. I only buy wise funds at the moment...

I'll advise everyone who does legitimate business and needs a wise account to receive payment for their work, to ask their client to send them payments with your email address so you can activate your account and receive foreign bank accounts...

I'm glad u r able to recover your fund.
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by UniportAgbero: 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2022
2Legitsales:

Hey bro! Just wondering if the ban has been lifted? My company made a payment to me using Wise. I don't have a wise account, so just gave out my UBA Domicillary account details and I got my payment.

Bro, please how did you do this. I have been unable to setup my wise account and only just opened my Access Dom account.
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by Captainjoe2019(m): 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2022
megamindmaster:

Hi boss....I want to fund my wise ACC
I'm yet to verify it too

Pls how do I go about it�
Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by JaySterling: 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2022
megamindmaster:
Since your account was closed, which account are you using to buy wise funds ?

Do they allow people setup new accounts after being banned on a previous account ?

1 Like

Re: What You Need To Know About Wise.com (formally Transferwise) And Its Advantages. by scrupulousblog: 12:30pm On Jan 25
When I opened my wise account I was not asked to make any payment. Though I am required to do that for the attached business account.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 In 1 Men's Lux Singlet And Roundneck At Wholesale And Unbeatable Prices / Start Amazon KDP Business with Smartphone In 2022 / 5 Telltale Signs Of A Weak Business Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.