Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers (39010 Views)

Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server - The Story Is False / Hacker Hacks NIMC Server, Steals Over Three Million National Identity Numbers / Mandatory Use Of Identity Numbers Begins In January 2019 – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by kunle75(m): 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2022
Enceladus:

grin grin

You have your preconceived opinions already and it is obvious by this your statement

So because they have deals, that means the serialized models of DoD's CHESS AI system and all others will be stored on s3? Bros be objective or else adios.

Are you here in the state?

If you're let's keep in touch if you don't mind.

We can share some knowledge
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by Enceladus(m): 10:16pm On Jan 10, 2022
kunle75:

Are you here in the state?

If you're let's keep in touch if you don't mind.

We can share some knowledge

I am in No man's land (Lagos) in UAR actually.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by pfadom: 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2022
Please go and ask Pantami, the terrorist agent.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by adamsmith914: 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2022
Lavisha:
hehehe..

Something wey Pantami don give terrorists teh tey..

It's just a diversional tactics.
Of what Use is your identity to a Terrorist?

Any Maghreb that comes across your details & doesn’t flee from it, is cursed.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by adamsmith914: 10:21pm On Jan 10, 2022
pfadom:
Please go and ask Pantami, the terrorist agent.
Pfadom, wetin Terrorist wan do with your NIN, of what value is it for anything?

Will any bank in Nigeria give me loan facility if I provide your details?
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by kunle75(m): 10:22pm On Jan 10, 2022
Enceladus:

I am in No man's land (Lagos) in UAR actually.

Hahahaha its ok bro,where ever you are.
You are such an amazing chap please keep it up.
Which one be UAR oooo ?

Any time am in Lagos we can talk over a cup of coffee and rub mind too
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by GeneralDae: 10:28pm On Jan 10, 2022
Fake News. Sahara reporters and fake news ehn.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by Enceladus(m): 10:34pm On Jan 10, 2022
kunle75:

Hahahaha its ok bro,where ever you are.
You are such an amazing chap please keep it up.
Which one be UAR oooo ?

UAR was the proposed new name for Nigeria grin grin United African Republic or something like that

Absolutely man. Hit me up.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:39pm On Jan 10, 2022
dynicks:
Slawomirh aka DAMN NIGGAAARR sighted leaving the scene after a job well done!!
Most of these guys aren't hackers, they lack such wits! They are just ordinary fraudsters.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by kunle75(m): 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2022
Enceladus:

UAR was the proposed new name for Nigeria grin grin United African Republic or something like that

I gat you

Absolutely man. Hit me up.

Sure I will DM you on here.
Stay safe bro

1 Like

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by TheOgaBoss: 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
kunle75:

I agree with you,but S3 is primarily for storage, and access to whatever is stored in that bucket is still a bone of contention.
Thats my point.
If there's any other functions specific about S3 bucket am willing to learn from you.
s3 is mainly for storage as you said, but mainly for large files like videos, pictures etc that may not be efficiently stores in a database, that is why a lot of streaming sites use it to store large files. Also sites use it to store static assets like css files and images. But when you need to store sensitive data like bank info, bio metric( like the type collected by nimc) or nin (equivalent of social security no in USA) you look for a highly secure database with strong encryption.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by Lugianostar(m): 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2022
Distracting tactics afterall.....!
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by Alexpetra: 10:58pm On Jan 10, 2022
How do I wipe my data from the NIMC sef?
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by kunle75(m): 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
s3 is mainly for storage as you said, but mainly for large files like videos, pictures etc that may not be efficiently stores in a database, that is why a lot of streaming sites use it to store large files. Also sites use it to store static assets like css files and images. But when you need to store sensitive data like bank info, bio metric( like the type collected by nimc) or nin (equivalent of social security no in USA) you look for a highly secure database with strong encryption.

Agreed because of its scalability,but storage is storage, security and encryption is a function of who designed the project, who implement it,who maintained it.

All this boils down to the tech guys manning such job at the agency.
Nothing is secure until its secured.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by TheOgaBoss: 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
kunle75:

Agreed because of its scalability,but storage is storage, security and encryption is a function of who designed the project, who implement it,who maintained it.

All this boils down to the tech guys manning such job at the agency.
Nothing is secure until its secured.
oga I give up, but a word of advise if you are a developer and you ainterview for any tech position don't ever take this position you are taking now, so mean if I give u a bank system to build now you will seriously put their data in an s3 bucket? Nawao.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by kunle75(m): 11:10pm On Jan 10, 2022
Alexpetra:
How do I wipe my data from the NIMC sef?

Lolz, call the hackers.... your comment cracked me up
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by kunle75(m): 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
oga I give up, but a word of advise if you are a developer and you ainterview for any tech position don't ever take this position you are taking now, so mean if I give u a bank system to build now you will seriously put their data in an s3 bucket? Nawao.

You're mixing things up bro,this is a simple argument for learning sake.
You haven't pointed out exactly why s3 is a no no of choice for storage.
The crux of the matter still on porosity/flaws of the security design of the project in the first place.
Sorry if I bother you.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by HerDeys: 11:15pm On Jan 10, 2022
Absolute Rubbish,
That's the Height of Incompetencies...
Later one useless professor heading that unit will come out and lay unreasonable claims.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by merits(m): 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2022
etokhana:

http://saharareporters.com/2022/01/10/exclusive-hacker-breaks-nimc-server-steals-over-three-million-national-identity-numbers#:~:text=News-,EXCLUSIVE%3A%20Hacker%20Breaks%20Into%20NIMC%20Server%2C%20Steals%20Over%20Three%20Million,sensitive%20data%20at%20his%20disposal.
I hope my own no dey among ooo?

Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by Remman(m): 11:27pm On Jan 10, 2022
Wait for lie lie muhammad to come and declare all this claims as a hoax.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by TheOgaBoss: 11:31pm On Jan 10, 2022
kunle75:

You're mixing things up bro,this is a simple argument for learning sake.
You haven't pointed out exactly why s3 is a no no of choice for storage.
The crux of the matter still on porosity/flaws of the security design of the project in the first place.
Sorry if I bother you.
I did that from the beginning when I told u that is not what it is built for( read aws documentation on s3) even gave u examples of big companies using it ( I mean huge tech companies like Netflix and others with thousands of in-house developers) and how they use it. S3 is not built for storing sensitive data because that level of security was not built into it from the ground up, as a matter of fact do you know that many of the assets stored in s3 can be assessed through their URI, just as you access a web page through the url?
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by Govocrete: 11:45pm On Jan 10, 2022
Hacker, why have you given them the reason why we will not be getting our National Identity card.

Since 2013, we are still waiting to get our card, now our data have been stolen.

What next because Next Level have failed us
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by gladdensir(m): 11:57pm On Jan 10, 2022
And pantaharam go dey talk say dem no be him brothers.......... Bleep y'all syndicates cool
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by calcal: 12:03am On Jan 11, 2022
na low profile hacker, the information is not needed for anything reasonable.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by Rick9(m): 12:35am On Jan 11, 2022
I ain't surprised, this country doesn't take anything seriously especially the issues of cyber security, their websites are always porous and their networks are easy to breach.

I wonder when they would upgrade their firewall security architecture, even some banks are still using Windows XP to power their ATM Machines.

This country Sha.!!!
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by rainny: 12:35am On Jan 11, 2022
Hi, I am Milana �For your fashion needs, kitchen utensils,Home appliances, Nigerian dresses and much more �
Please click on the link below to join whatsapp group.
https:///KEKzjSOJiW5KyedS9hKFIv
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by after7: 1:24am On Jan 11, 2022
If this is possible, how then do we know that the Americans or Brits or Iranians did not already have this data/info a long time ago?
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by kunle75(m): 3:11am On Jan 11, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
I did that from the beginning when I told u that is not what it is built for( read aws documentation on s3) even gave u examples of big companies using it ( I mean huge tech companies like Netflix and others with thousands of in-house developers) and how they use it. S3 is not built for storing sensitive data because that level of security was not built into it from the ground up, as a matter of fact do you know that many of the assets stored in s3 can be assessed through their URI, just as you access a web page through the url?

I just checked that out after reading your comments here,thanks for the clarification,am not a data center guy,but learning more of it lately.

At this point I will doubt the supposed hackers, at worst our country can't be that susceptible to such design flaws judging by many fine tech guys we are blessed with.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by Tundex911: 4:02am On Jan 11, 2022
To those of us wey never do this their yeye yeye registration, come along with me and celebrate...

Though I dey expect Liar Mohammed to deny this news

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by BruncleZuma: 4:44am On Jan 11, 2022
Aremson14:

I thought they wanted on premise servers. Despite the billions. S3 is not that bad but for things like this they need to take extra precautions.
They wined us, they cannot sustain the load on an on-site server so they farmed it out. From a security POV dem mess up big time. Short time gain over long term security.
Re: Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers by dappydozzy(m): 5:19am On Jan 11, 2022
UnknownT:
Pantami in the mud, I don't want to be told you come and redo NIMC registration cos I will never do it.

You don't need to do it again, what is done after a hacking incident is known as incidence response. There is backup the entire database will be restored. I can go into full details, but the IT guys in cybersecurity understand what am saying .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / Saraki: Buhari Will Not Attend 2019 Presidential Debate / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.