Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,805 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait (67688 Views)

Bobrisky Gives Cash To 3 Fans Who Drew His Tattoo On Their Bodies (Video) / Regina Daniels Places Her Portrait In Husband's House, Takes Her Rightful Place / Wizkid Appreciates His Female Fan Who Drew Him(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Giltexo: 7:26am On Jan 11, 2022
grin hahahaha na NFTs levels
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by pman096(m): 7:27am On Jan 11, 2022
Psalmistproject:

She would have negotiated the price with her before she started framing. Or do you see shit and without pricing you expect the seller not to attach worth to his shit.
To you it's shit to the owner it's value but to art fans every art worth millions if seen from a different perspective.
I will be glad to be a part of the problem of this wretched country if I'm preaching value addition.

I bet people like you that are well exposed gives flowers to lover? Oh I must be so wrong.
Please don't argue about art if you like food. You will simply make a full of your self.
Simply Google some of the worlds best selling art. Find out why people (billionaires) pay so much for it. Now because na naija poor girl from a poor background you people are foaming.

She would have complimented her with a simple like or even ignore the work instead of coming online to expose her low understanding about art thinking she's embarrassing the girl. If you disagree with the price must you use it to trend.
All of una na d same.
You're completely missing the point, the girl drew the art on her own free will right, no contract whatsoever with the celebrity lady,...now the celebrity saw it admired it and said she wanted it, she went ahead to frame it and like that it's 120k..haba na, that's just taking advantage, and just go and read the girls chat she wasn't even polite. Things are not done that way.
I've been in a similar situation before so I understand, I did an architectural rendering for a company I was hoping would hire me, without their knowledge spent some time on it, took it to the manager he loved it and said I should give the accountant my account number and I was paid more than I imagined and got hired. What if I went there after he liked it, I just slammed a price tag?

PS:
Talking about billionaires paying millions for art, you obviously don't know art, do you think they just dole out money like for this arts..na celebrity of this era face them d pay millions of dollars for?..to pay so much for art means that
1) the art is not from this century
2) the medium it is drawn
3) the artist who drew it
4) technique used in making the art
5) mood it conveys
6) Cultural significance
7) uniqueness and a whole other factors

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Giltexo: 7:27am On Jan 11, 2022
See nonsense art wey my 4yrs son dey draw wey work over 100million naira

Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Obynolee(f): 7:33am On Jan 11, 2022
ariesbull:
just like the way your parents trained you to be uncout

Why running from your shadow?, the artist behaved well I expected you to say Amen to the wish.
Stupid old man.
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Kingbeacon(m): 7:38am On Jan 11, 2022
All I see is desperation from the Artist point of view, he want to become rich once and for all, by billing her. Since him, himself said it's a once in life time opportunity
He forgot he should take things in gradual process who knows she would have connected him with more prominent personalities that would have promoted his work. Some people lack sense sha cry cry
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:44am On Jan 11, 2022
Dollarremix:
To be honest the artist is rude.

Rude and entitled and tactless.

She said "opportunity comes but once," which means she's acknowledging that the 120k is a blow-up.

2 Likes

Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by ariesbull: 7:47am On Jan 11, 2022
Obynolee:

Why running from your shadow?, the artist behaved well I expected you to say Amen to the wish.
Stupid old man.
you were raised badly...i wonder how people cope with this your attitude

Don't tell me it is exuberance.... You were raised badly, take this from me son

Ana ezuzu.. Na emboghari anyi

Tufia
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by ariesbull: 7:50am On Jan 11, 2022
Psalmistproject:

She would have negotiated the price with her before she started framing. Or do you see shit and without pricing you expect the seller not to attach worth to his shit.
To you it's shit to the owner it's value but to art fans every art worth millions if seen from a different perspective.
I will be glad to be a part of the problem of this wretched country if I'm preaching value addition.

I bet people like you that are well exposed gives flowers to lover? Oh I must be so wrong.
Please don't argue about art if you like food. You will simply make a full of your self.
Simply Google some of the worlds best selling art. Find out why people (billionaires) pay so much for it. Now because na naija poor girl from a poor background you people are foaming.

She would have complimented her with a simple like or even ignore the work instead of coming online to expose her low understanding about art thinking she's embarrassing the girl. If you disagree with the price must you use it to trend.
All of una na d same.

Now this is what I call sublime and superior thinking... Very few of your type is left....

What we have are bunch of folks that are funny and now I belive that saying.... Never you under estimate the power of stupid crowd"

Lord bless you for this truth...

My anger is shaming the girl for putting value on her work and also bringing a private chat to public.... That to me is a breach of trust
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by ariesbull: 7:55am On Jan 11, 2022
pman096:

You're completely missing the point, the girl drew the art on her own free will right, no contract whatsoever with the celebrity lady,...now the celebrity saw it admired it and said she wanted it, she went ahead to frame it and like that it's 120k..haba na, that's just taking advantage, and just go and read the girls chat she wasn't even polite. Things are not done that way.
I've been in a similar situation before so I understand, I did an architectural rendering for a company I was hoping would hire me, without their knowledge spent some time on it, took it to the manager he loved it and said I should give the accountant my account number and I was paid more than I imagined and got hired. What if I went there after he liked it, I just slammed a price tag?

PS:
Talking about billionaires paying millions for art, you obviously don't know art, do you think they just dole out money like for this arts..na celebrity of this era face them d pay millions of dollars for?..to pay so much for art means that
5) mood it conveys
6) Cultural significance

Akunyi art was sold hundred of millions and it is just few years old... Now that has floored your assertion

ART can be on any medium be it carving, sculpture, canvas or even paper....so you failed again

The artist who drew it added value and time to it then framed it... That is another flaws in your assertion

The technique is sketvh work and it is accepted Globlally... Do you have a problem. With that

5) mood it conveys
The mood it conveys is that of potrait and it isn't a landscape or abstract.

6) Cultural significance
The milieu of the work is in tandem with the cultural realities.... Do you have a challange with it

What other factors are you talking about...
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:58am On Jan 11, 2022
ariesbull:
if it is a gift then you don't need to ask to be given anything...

The artist has the right to put a price tag on her work please
At the price it is worth.

Blessing obviously doesn't think the value is worth what the fan charged.
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by ariesbull: 8:04am On Jan 11, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
At the price it is worth.

Blessing obviously doesn't think the value is worth what the fan charged.
she would have offered her what she think it is worth or better still ignore it and move on

Most art works are done by bidding or commissioning and she even told the young artist to even frame it to add value to the canvas
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:07am On Jan 11, 2022
ariesbull:
she would have offered her what she think it is worth or better still ignore it and move on

Most art works are done by bidding or commissioning and she even told the young artist to even frame it to add value to the canvas

True.

Blessing was just being petty, and the artist was a little greedy.

A lost opportunity, and blessing just ruined the artist.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by ariesbull: 8:10am On Jan 11, 2022
DrFunmisticGlow:
True.

Blessing was just being petty, and the artist was a little greedy.

A lost opportunity, and blessing just ruined the artist.
I understand the artist posotion... She is young and elated that she got to do a work for a star but unfortunately for her the star didn't appreciate the work and the anger is understandable

Everyone wants his or her work to be appreciated... The client didn't even offer a price... Only ranted and told her off after telling her to frame it. I think that is totally wrong and not only dad, bringing a private chat public... That is breach of trust

The artist isn't greedy to me... She placed a value in her work. She can decide to sell it for a million. You dolt monetize creativity

Some musicians are paid 100k per show while some are paid 1 million per show while some are still paid 10 million per show... It depends on the value the artist wants to place on her art. Will you call her greedy

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Yarimoooh: 8:14am On Jan 11, 2022
What is this one saying. Stinginess kee you there.
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by deepwater(f): 8:19am On Jan 11, 2022
ariesbull:

Are you done?

Yes,
And I hope u got the education you lacked earlier?
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Blackdisciple(m): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2022
Rubbish ....

If u no get the 120k pay , just as the artist said the price is negotiable simple....

Boom u took it to social media to announce and do the normal women thing...

This gender their problem is always themselves

1 Like

Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Fejoku: 9:08am On Jan 11, 2022
Our digital footprints eventually will help others understand us better when we are no more. Let me respond on this thread which I rarely do for such topics.
The celeb should understand that an artist normally should have a value for his or her product. The person's current social standing shouldn't be used to gauge if he has the right to demand a price or not. When you see a nice product and approach the producer, what you expect is a negotiation. If you strike a deal then transaction becomes successful. If not, there's no need for name calling. The artist was immatured and rude in her last responses but she has the right to place a price on her work.
We must stop this habit of looking down on people simply because of their economic status. If a person's work is deemed good, appreciate it and bargain if you want it simple. Expecting a poor man to appear beggarly because you want to patronize him is a very wrong orientation here in Nigeria. It should be stopped.
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by usah4(m): 9:15am On Jan 11, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
see that failed statement: "that money shouldnt be a problem for you" is why many of these people will always fail!!! just because someone has money, they will expect them to pay exhorbitant price as if money grows on trees. rule of money: no matter how rich you are, never pay more than what something is worth!

only a deluded fool thinks that you should pay 100 for something that is worth 10!

What poor people again fail to understand is that the rich have budget every month if not every week so any money they have is for something even if they have in excess. So whatsoever is not budgeted money can never be released for it.
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by AlphaTaikun: 9:31am On Jan 11, 2022
ariesbull:
This l is becoming annoying and irritating... What is wrong with these Women....must we talk people Down...if you don't want to pay... That is nice but bringing the chat here is gross...

I respect creativity...

If you decide not to give her money.... Please keep it to yourself

She doesn't understand arts... Some arts can be sold for 100 million... Some people sell portrait so much.... 120k isn't upto $1000 dollars it's just about $180 USD na him people dey make noise....

Big boys dey buy pencil work portrait for over 2 milli... It depends on how much the artist want to sell...

You don't tell her what to sell her work....

She is a decent girl working for living and not using her body and she must be Commended

At least she has visible skills.... We must respect that..

This art work is expensive

Raphael Drawing is the world's most expensive sketch at $48 million | Good Things From Italy - Le Cose Buone d'Italia.
Well said!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Donchrister(m): 10:00am On Jan 11, 2022
This is nothing but an act of greediness. Like say you gave her money to keep for you-smiley.
Abeg try they use your upper wella when little opportunities comes your way thank you.
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Volksguys1985: 10:03am On Jan 11, 2022
xxxtedyxxx:
Chai...see as this mumu lose 100k.

This is the kind of opportunity I have bee praying for.

The artiste na werey Sha....

I need to step up vector art game o.

Let me start painting naija celebs ..

God fkt pick ma call that way
how much can u sell this big frame but without class
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by pman096(m): 10:05am On Jan 11, 2022
ariesbull:

Akunyi art was sold hundred of millions and it is just few years old... Now that has floored your assertion

ART can be on any medium be it carving, sculpture, canvas or even paper....so you failed again

The artist who drew it added value and time to it then framed it... That is another flaws in your assertion

The technique is sketvh work and it is accepted Globlally... Do you have a problem. With that

5) mood it conveys
The mood it conveys is that of potrait and it isn't a landscape or abstract.

6) Cultural significance
The milieu of the work is in tandem with the cultural realities.... Do you have a challange with it

What other factors are you talking about...

Go ahead and read your reply again..we were talking about why billionaires as you call them pay millions for art and not the girl's portrait... I think you have a problem understanding, I listed certain criteria that make art expensive, and you've just proved my point.. Take a look at Akunyi's art again, look at the technique used and medium, you'd definitely find that it is unique and worth the money...stop arguing with yourself and just look at things critically..

There are a lot of portrait artists out there, a lot in Nigeria use white cardboard or emboss paper with graphite pencils which is common, now an artist draws "you" with that and brings it to you and another does the same portrait but on glass..like that guy that does portraits on glass by using a hammer, which would you pay more for?..
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by ariesbull: 10:06am On Jan 11, 2022
Fejoku:
Our digital footprints eventually will help others understand us better when we are no more. Let me respond on this thread which I rarely do for such topics.
The celeb should understand that an artist normally should have a value for his or her product. The person's current social standing shouldn't be used to gauge if he has the right to demand a price or not. When you see a nice product and approach the producer, what you expect is a negotiation. If you strike a deal then transaction becomes successful. If not, there's no need for name calling. The artist was immatured and rude in her last responses but she has the right to place a price on her work.
We must stop this habit of looking down on people simply because of their economic status. If a person's work is deemed good, appreciate it and bargain if you want it simple. Expecting a poor man to appear beggarly because you want to patronize him is a very wrong orientation here in Nigeria. It should be stopped.

Well said
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Johel(m): 10:17am On Jan 11, 2022
TMSMedia:
More

Some Nigerian artists are the cause of their short comings,Una go dey bill like Una no get sense...bill fairly and reasonably so you will always win your clients back.
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by leomarz007: 11:06am On Jan 11, 2022
Blessing okoro wannabe rich big girl and the hardworking werey artist wey dey draw people wen dem no ask u. BOTH OF YOUR ARE MENTALLY UNSTABLE FOR DISTURBING SOCIAL MEDIA WITH YOUR BORING LIVES. year just start biko.
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by BestJay(m): 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2022
@Artist receive sense IJN.
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by excell0001: 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
even if she receives them as gift you know the pain artist could through to build up his craft. she that is trying to push the idea of don't sell your body to men" sees a budding young female artist and cannot encourage her.

even if it's not the 120k that's high for an incomplete work but at least reason her na the 70k too is low considering cost of materials and delivery.

anyway the artist show low self esteem qua but n.a. small small. I just dey imagine how she go dey feel when she read this woman post
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Hkff: 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2022
Oh
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Alohaa: 4:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
ariesbull:

But she told her to frame it

How will she have delivered it if she didn’t frame it?
With envelope i guess
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Alohaa: 4:47pm On Jan 11, 2022
Advocate500:
i don't think she have a choice at this point, because she have started begging for the cost of framing it,which is 7k,at this point i don't think mrs attention seeker is interested again, all she care about is how to post the story on social media. If the girl told 120k is based on how she valued you ,which personally i think it was wrong. But i am seriously feeling for the young girl for the extra cost she must have incurred while doing it.

True...
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 11, 2022
lozanni:
Blessing Okoro should, please, make the artist day by collecting the painting and sending the artist the 100k she initially had in mind to give to her.
Before doing the above she should lecture the artist on the intricacies of business networking, which states that when you are coming in contact with a top business personality or celebrity, the first move you should make is not to ask them for money as this often offends them, but ask them for links that will help your business grow, which eventually will end up giving you tons of money than the little dash of money the celebrity will give you.
If the artist was not too money conscious, she would have sent the picture, without demanding for money, to Blessing Okoro, she should have known innately that she will get some reward from her.
The artist can then plead with her to put up the picture in a very conspicuous place in her office, where visitors and clients will see it, as this can generate further businesses, maybe bigger businesses, for the artist.
Blessing is not a celebrity. She got fired from inspiration FM. Go find out what she did
Re: Blessing Okoro Blasts Artist Who Drew Her Portrait by BluntCrazeMan: 10:26pm On Jan 11, 2022
TMSMedia:
"Why The Rich Run From The Poor": The Artist Who Drew Blessing Okoro's Portrait (Photos)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYjYWZ7NqO2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

'Let us judge this matter
So a random fan drew me, put it in her story, I saw it and acknowledged it, to support her I said frame it and send me I will pay for it. According to her she framed it and asked me to pay 120kv, added her account no. I felt irritated, I ignored her, she brought it down to 70k Now its funny how she is giving me price for something I willing wanted to buy to reciprocate love back . So I kuku told her to take it to the art gallery and sell it for same price . Funny enough I get art works over 12 as gifts free. Now you see why the rich run from the poor Now you see why people especially celebrities never respond to you , because you always want to rip them off. Change your mind set and stop being a collected, honestly I wanted to dash her 100k. Learn to be a aiver. vou must not always collect.
'
Bia This woman,, You should just sharrap..
You started the whole nonsense by saying that you would PAY for it.
Like, you wanted to do business..
So she named her price.
If you said “I will show you some love”, she wouldn't see you as a client.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

AMVCA: Nkechi Blessing Mocks Her Colleagues Who Borrowed To Look Good For Event / More Photos From Davido And Chioma's Introduction / Mompha Returns To Instagram Again After Sudden Disappearance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.