Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Our Servers Not Hacked — NIMC Responds To Hacker's Claims - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Servers Not Hacked — NIMC Responds To Hacker's Claims (9078 Views)

X Owner Takes Jibe At Meta As FB, Instagram Crash, Says Our Servers Are Working / Hacker Breaks Into NIMC Server, Steals Over 3 Million National Identity Numbers / Femi Adesina Responds To Trump's 'Lifeless' Comment About Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Servers Not Hacked — NIMC Responds To Hacker's Claims by mapet: 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2022
Dialpad:
Be proactive and create more security for their servers, don't wait till it becomes reality

So you believe that a whole NIMC that warehouses the national data of a country will have unsecured server and will require fake news from Sahara Reporters before they can secure their server? whatever serves your bias Bro...
Re: Our Servers Not Hacked — NIMC Responds To Hacker's Claims by Dialpad: 4:38pm On Jan 11, 2022
I never said it is unsecured. I only said they should be proactive.

BTW, don't say a 'whole' again . You will be shocked that most top decision makers at that ministry only have rudimentary computer knowledge. Many of them were fixed into such positions.

If hackers can hack the likes of Bank of America, macys, DSW etc, who the f...k is NIMC.

Visit a typical police station, most can't use computers, visit the glorified Dss office, they have no computers, no real equipment to battle crime.

Sahara reporters are known for fake news no doubt, but like I said, don't be surprised when you visit the dark web and Nigeria data is sold there for peanuts.

mapet:

So you believe that a whole NIMC that warehouses the national data of a country will have unsecured server and will require fake news from Sahara Reporters before they can secure their server? whatever serves your bias Bro...
Re: Our Servers Not Hacked — NIMC Responds To Hacker's Claims by mapet: 7:00am On Jan 12, 2022
Dialpad:
I never said it is unsecured. I only said they should be proactive.

BTW, don't say a 'whole' again . You will be shocked that most top decision makers at that ministry only have rudimentary computer knowledge. Many of them were fixed into such positions.

If hackers can hack the likes of Bank of America, macys, DSW etc, who the f...k is NIMC.

Visit a typical police station, most can't use computers, visit the glorified Dss office, they have no computers, no real equipment to battle crime.

Sahara reporters are known for fake news no doubt, but like I said, don't be surprised when you visit the dark web and Nigeria data is sold there for peanuts.

Bros,

I don't want to stretch this conversation, you do not have the knowledge of data and information security, neither the workings of NIMC. As we'll, all this Nairaland misguided posts of ignorant people here are to say the least unfortunate. It would be better to find out what's the information security setup at NIMC benchmarked against standard than these...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

(Hoax) Fake 'Shell' Finally Gives Apology To People Of Niger Delta / Bunmi Awoniyi Is A Superior Court Judge In US / Same-sex Marriage Ban : Right To Private Life Law May Cancel Out Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.