Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic (49166 Views)

My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou / Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim / How My Facebook Account Of 8 Years Was Hacked And Hijacked, A Cautionary Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Equity15(m): 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
I believe this.

My note 9s was stolen at gunpoint in Lagos. In less than 1 week, I got a notification that the phone was in Sharada, Kano. Checked the map and confirmed it. I also configured the phone to send am SmS to my alternate phone number when ever a sim is changed and also the phone number of the SIM inserted. Confirmed that it was bought by a northerner.

These thieves na wa

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Otasikwe(m): 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
To be sincere with u pls never I mean never give d code pls because he may be d one stole d phone if u give home d code dat mean u support criminality in our society pls don't give him f code thanks

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by harjay1986: 4:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
hokekeholah:
The reason the guy contact u is because he doesn't want to spend money to unlock it or lemme just say there aren't competent phone engineer over there... In Nigeria, them go remove the mi account and the destiny of the previous user join if it has been linked to it(just joking) ... Theres no phone that can't b unlocked... Eyinbo wey do pencil nahim also do cleaner

bro you get it wrong there still some phone with high security firewall, that will make it near impossible to bypass the lock screen and by lock you might unlock it but some of it function will be locked

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by epistleNow(m): 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit

The essence of the security feature is to make the phone unusable if stolen, to deter people from stealing.

If you do give him the code you have empowered robbers indirectly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Ouchbabe(f): 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
Be careful.
Don't use your two legs and walk yourself into wahala this new year.
You might still have some sensitive info on the phone
What if the phone is used for dubious activities in the future and ownership traced back to you?
I'm not a tech guru but I heard someone can be in Nigeria and call/chat you with a foreign code. What if this supposedly victim is the thief who stole your phone?
If I were you, I will not give him the code. Let him report to the police
Olabodmit

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by condralbedez: 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
How can I lock my mine,am using redmi 9 too
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by FamTomx2(m): 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2022
PurestBoy:

Must you reply every little thing that quotes you? You get time sha

He should if he can, it is his thread..
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Deicide: 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2022
horlahwaley:
And one ios mumu fan created a thread a while ago that only an iphone user has the power to lock or wipe his or her phone remotely when stolen angry
You day craze grin
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Nitah1: 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ola17:

Don’t think you are being a ‘good guy’ by giving him the unlock code, you will be encouraging robbery. It is either he sends the phone to you or return it to where he bought it. People steal phones because there’s an easy market for them and we must do all we can to discourage such.

A lot of people have lost their lives because robbers wanted their phones. Doesn’t matter if you’ve moved on or not; please don’t give out that code!
Hmmmm....it could be the thief himself chatting him for the code, remember that someone in Lagos can call you with US number...

He should not give out the code....or the guy should pay for the phone if he so need it.

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Echocho: 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
Yes, all stolen phones in the south moves to the North vis avis.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Worksunlimited: 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:
These are the screenshot of conversation with the Niger guy
Ask am to send the phone come back... No give am shishi..

As far as you are concerned the guy fit b the thief or someone he knows

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Nitah1: 4:59pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ouchbabe:
Be careful.
Don't use your two legs and walk yourself into wahala this new year.
You might still have some sensitive info on the phone
What if the phone is used for dubious activities in the future and ownership traced back to you?
I'm not a tech guru but I heard someone can be in Nigeria and call/chat you with a foreign code. What if this supposedly victim is the thief who stole your phone?
If I were you, I will not give him the code. Let him report to the police
Olabodmit
I suspect he's chatting the thief himself....

The guy can't sell the phone hence a scheme to get the code.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
Let the Niger guy give you his receipt and his full pictures before you start talking about giving him the code. His address in Niger, family names etc grin You need to stress the boy small...
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by charlsecy(m): 5:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
YourFavorite21:
He will have to pay you a little money like 15k, as a compensation fee before u tell him the code.
Not wise on security and moral grounds.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by DBestDoc(f): 5:05pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

Yes I’m going to give the guy. Just post it here so that people can learn lessons. I had totally moved on and forget about the phone

It’s Unbelievable that you’re even considering giving out the code.
Jeez!
That’s like encouraging stealing. That phone was designed to be useless if stolen, give him the code and you’ve frustrated the entire security design and also indirectly encouraged stealing and purchase of stolen items.

Let him count his loses and move on. Next time, he’ll do his due diligence before purchasing any used item. That’s the lesson to be learnt.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by EndBuhariNow(m): 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
Stingy man, give him the damn code, what are you going to do with this old mobile, oya go to Niger let them grind you like okru
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Awoleesu(m): 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

Yes I’m going to give the guy. Just post it here so that people can learn lessons. I had totally moved on and forget about the phone

You're going to do what!?

Tell him to return to the seller... Think and don't be gulled!

Besides, what made you so sure it's not him who stole the phone...and after being unable to sell it, decided to play the victim card on you?

And again, don't fall for that Niger IDD... Guy could be in one of those border towns up north where their government has locked down local networks. Many of them now subscribe to Niger republic networks.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by EndBuhariNow(m): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
Stingy man, give him the damn code, what are you going to do with this old mobile, oya go to Niger let them slice you like okru
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Gmekx(m): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
Jafar1:
Thought everything can be bypassed on Android..

It can be bypassed if you have the knowledge

I feel like this guys is a victim here but he could also be the thief fronting as a legit guy
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by seyz91(m): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
cheesy
tolakush92:

Bro which of the Igbo are you smoking

It's Niger Republic not Niger state
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Chatflick(m): 5:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
Fathai:
Cook up story. I lost this same Xiaomi model with iCloud, they unluck the phone very very easy.
Lol Xiaomi get iCloud? Abeg say something different. No dey lie here because me sef dey use Redmi and the security is beautiful. Wannabe attention seeker.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Hollumedeyyyy: 5:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nah the guy steal the phone, no give him the code...Nah Tinubu code be that...4+4
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by obawinner(m): 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:
These are the screenshot of conversation with the Niger guy
how can I activate this in my redmi ?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Kokoebapluse(m): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
Niger, Mali is where many items stole in Nigeria always end up. Like car,phone etc.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by musicwriter(m): 5:13pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:
This morning I received from Niger “ hi you lost your phone redmi note 7 and i found it i'm in niger “. I was surprised when I saw the message. Though I couldn’t remember the precise date they stole this Redmi Xiaomi in my room at night, when I woke up I couldn’t find my phone again, I try to call it but it was switched off. Then I realized my phone has been stolen.

I went to Ikorodu police station to report the case, the outrageous amount they charged, made me decision to leave the phone. Instead of paying 40k to track the phone which I have no grantee of getting back.

I went back home very sad. As I was thinking about the stolen phone, my friend came to check me, then I collected his phone and log in to my mi account. I locked everything lockable from the mi account.

Since the year 2020 I didn’t hear anything until this morning, apparently I have even forget the phone cus I got a big phone after waiting 5 months. I was so surprised when the guy chat me and also send me the phone picture. The reason why I post this is that if you’re using Redmi xiaomi phone always make sure you activate the mi account. D thing secured die, they flashed it and the phone is still locked.

Now the Niger guy is begging me to give him the code? Should I give him or tell him to return to the seller?

All you have to do is tell him how much you want to sell the phone. When he pay you unlock it. You don't even know whether you're talking to the very thief!!
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Hassanmaye(m): 5:17pm On Jan 12, 2022
tolakush92:

Bro which of the Igbo are you smoking

It's Niger Republic not Niger state
Hahahhahahaha this one weak me o grin
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Hassanmaye(m): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:
This morning I received from Niger “ hi you lost your phone redmi note 7 and i found it i'm in niger “. I was surprised when I saw the message. Though I couldn’t remember the precise date they stole this Redmi Xiaomi in my room at night, when I woke up I couldn’t find my phone again, I try to call it but it was switched off. Then I realized my phone has been stolen.

I went to Ikorodu police station to report the case, the outrageous amount they charged, made me decision to leave the phone. Instead of paying 40k to track the phone which I have no grantee of getting back.

I went back home very sad. As I was thinking about the stolen phone, my friend came to check me, then I collected his phone and log in to my mi account. I locked everything lockable from the mi account.

Since the year 2020 I didn’t hear anything until this morning, apparently I have even forget the phone cus I got a big phone after waiting 5 months. I was so surprised when the guy chat me and also send me the phone picture. The reason why I post this is that if you’re using Redmi xiaomi phone always make sure you activate the mi account. D thing secured die, they flashed it and the phone is still locked.

Now the Niger guy is begging me to give him the code? Should I give him or tell him to return to the seller?
How can I do that please? Is it only applicable when you bought the phone new?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by ThugBoy(m): 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2022
Before you send the code to him don’t forget Naija guys fit buy other country phone number with iTunes card/btc take chat with anybody. Call the Alaye for video call to confirm him face
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by backnbeta(f): 5:19pm On Jan 12, 2022
@olabodmit, giving him the code doesn't make you a better person; it only makes him a smarter thief or stolen goods buyer. For all you care, he may be the thief that broke into your house. I say again: don't form big man by giving him the code!

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by AmazingELixir: 5:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
grin

Op the reappearance of your phone in far away Niger republic shows that the phone was stolen by Aboki.s
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by alizma: 5:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
Danibonk:
Help the guy out at least he is honest
Who told you he is honest, he has no choice that is why it looks like he I honest. How are you even sure the guy is not aware of the phone being stollen? Ohh because he said it was sold to him right, you expect him to say good morning Sir, we stole this phone but have not been able to unlock it?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by shakir0802: 5:22pm On Jan 12, 2022
Don't give him the code assuming the phone work perfectly he wouldn't text u , so I don't think he deserves to be given the code

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane / How To Activate Mtn Welcome Back: N200 For 1gb, N1000 For 4gb / Top 5 Cheap Smart Phones In Nigeria Priced Under N40,000 (february 2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.