Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic (49174 Views)

My Stolen Phone Has Been Located In Cotonou / Unable To Do Welcome Back For My Stolen MTN Sim / How My Facebook Account Of 8 Years Was Hacked And Hijacked, A Cautionary Tale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by kponkedenge(m): 5:23pm On Jan 12, 2022
tolakush92:

Is infinix a phone

If all phones have these types of security..... phone theft will drastically reduce.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Bestrolland(m): 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2022
Dont give him d login to ur im,tell him to return ur phone,cuz d person dat stole d phone mst b a close pal if nt how did he get ur number after 2year
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

Yes I’m going to give the guy. Just post it here so that people can learn lessons. I had totally moved on and forget about the phone
why encouraging a thief? If you have moved on think about others.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by heykims(m): 5:31pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:
This morning I received from Niger “ hi you lost your phone redmi note 7 and i found it i'm in niger “. I was surprised when I saw the message. Though I couldn’t remember the precise date they stole this Redmi Xiaomi in my room at night, when I woke up I couldn’t find my phone again, I try to call it but it was switched off. Then I realized my phone has been stolen.

I went to Ikorodu police station to report the case, the outrageous amount they charged, made me decision to leave the phone. Instead of paying 40k to track the phone which I have no grantee of getting back.

I went back home very sad. As I was thinking about the stolen phone, my friend came to check me, then I collected his phone and log in to my mi account. I locked everything lockable from the mi account.

Since the year 2020 I didn’t hear anything until this morning, apparently I have even forget the phone cus I got a big phone after waiting 5 months. I was so surprised when the guy chat me and also send me the phone picture. The reason why I post this is that if you’re using Redmi xiaomi phone always make sure you activate the mi account. D thing secured die, they flashed it and the phone is still locked.

Now the Niger guy is begging me to give him the code? Should I give him or tell him to return to the seller?
My own advice is
DAJU! KALA! ! WUWA IKA!!!
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:
This morning I received from Niger “ hi you lost your phone redmi note 7 and i found it i'm in niger “. I was surprised when I saw the message. Though I couldn’t remember the precise date they stole this Redmi Xiaomi in my room at night, when I woke up I couldn’t find my phone again, I try to call it but it was switched off. Then I realized my phone has been stolen.

I went to Ikorodu police station to report the case, the outrageous amount they charged, made me decision to leave the phone. Instead of paying 40k to track the phone which I have no grantee of getting back.

I went back home very sad. As I was thinking about the stolen phone, my friend came to check me, then I collected his phone and log in to my mi account. I locked everything lockable from the mi account.

Since the year 2020 I didn’t hear anything until this morning, apparently I have even forget the phone cus I got a big phone after waiting 5 months. I was so surprised when the guy chat me and also send me the phone picture. The reason why I post this is that if you’re using Redmi xiaomi phone always make sure you activate the mi account. D thing secured die, they flashed it and the phone is still locked.

Now the Niger guy is begging me to give him the code? Should I give him or tell him to return to the seller?

Bros op don't be deceived
Whether you locked your MI account or not
It's very much possible to flash it

Only tech savvy peeps know what I'm talking about

The phone was unlocked after the theft
And it was sold to the guy

Now the guy thinking he can just wipe the phone since he's the new owner not knowing that once a locked phone is wiped it will be automatically locked

This what happened and not your account that you locked

Incase you don't know I can bye pass anytype of iPhones Samsung and other android devices and I'm sure you know how iPhones security are ... But still it's still bypassable
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by pek(m): 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2022
Op, I find this story to be unbelievable. Do Nigeriens speak English? Forget the country code, it is an easy thing to get. Let's assume the story is true, you are not been smart.

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Holluwhakemmy(f): 5:35pm On Jan 12, 2022
tolakush92:
Is infinix a phone
what of samsung?
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by gozzlin: 5:35pm On Jan 12, 2022
I have a feeling that this person you're chatting with was the one who stole the phone from you in the first place. He is just lying that he bought it from the market. Nigeriens don't speak English, they speak French. How come the guy's English is that fluent?

Don't give him the code, or at least let him pay before you release the code. Even if he wasn't the person who stole the phone in the first place, he should know that buying a used phone means buying something that was likely stolen. So, he should be ready to bear the consequences that come out of it. Tell him how much to pay if you want to be lenient with him. Ignore the fake honesty he's displaying there.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Hkff: 5:36pm On Jan 12, 2022
Really
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by iamdapsyj(m): 5:40pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:
No be very phone dem dey steal and get away with it. Respect to Xiaomi cloud account

Xiaomi is trying in the digital space. It's no surprise they are really pushing Samsung and Apple really hard. They have to some extent taken some markets from Samsung and Apple...
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by aloma007(m): 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2022
NnamdiN:
It's my property. Won't give out no code. Return my property mehn

Life no be die brotha
Helping a bro is future rewarding

He should give him the code since he's been blessed with a sounding replacement.

What if the phone was with him and caused him a heavy pain of no traces?

Please � give it out Mr Op
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by BullyBullies: 5:41pm On Jan 12, 2022
OP, before you give him the code, tell the dude to link you with one beautiful educated Niger babe first. They got some bad ass rich, beautiful and educated Fulani babes there too. Don't sleep on it.

It is what it is
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by obojememe: 5:42pm On Jan 12, 2022
d guy might be here in nigeria, just giving him lamba to release code...trust nobody.
Niger republic citizens are everywhere in nigeria riding okada nd daily needs around we think there are abiki or hausa man
Sebastine1994:

Can't you see the country calling code

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ola17:

Imagine!
Don’t be surprised that the lowlife is somewhere in computer village Ikeja claiming to be in Benin Republic.

True, seems people in front-page don't know you can actually be in Nigeria and chatting/calling with other country's lines

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by ednut1(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2022
the guy is just looking for how to get code. he chats like a Nigerian too. don't believe him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by brightalo1010: 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

Yes I’m going to give the guy. Just post it here so that people can learn lessons. I had totally moved on and forget about the phone

Giving him the code is act of encouraging phone thieves to continue , How sure are you that the person chatting you isn't the same person that stole the phone ?

Nothing will make me to give him the code unless they send me at least part of the money I spent on buying the phone .

Don't think you're being charitable by giving him the code.

2 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jan 12, 2022
Ola17:

Don’t think you are being a ‘good guy’ by giving him the unlock code, you will be encouraging robbery. It is either he sends the phone to you or return it to where he bought it. People steal phones because there’s an easy market for them and we must do all we can to discourage such.

A lot of people have lost their lives because robbers wanted their phones. Doesn’t matter if you’ve moved on or not; please don’t give out that code!

Exactly.

And how is he even sure the person trying to get the code is not one of the robbery syndicate members?

This sounds like the same format they use to get people to send Icloud code of stolen phones.

3 Likes

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Promise47(m): 5:51pm On Jan 12, 2022
Please can u help me lock my phone tenco pop 4 it was stolen
Youngboss54:

Baba, look the country code from the screenshot
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by deebrownneymar: 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2022
daddytime:
Just give the guy the code after billing him what he can pay as compensation to you and his punishment for not doing due diligence on a purchase.

Took the words outta ma mouth
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Mccullum: 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
Apart from mi code, there are other way one can secure its phone by making it unusable if stolen
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Youngboss54(m): 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2022
Promise47:
Please can u help me lock my phone tenco pop 4 it was stolen
sorry bro, I can't be of help
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by twilliamx(m): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2022
Jafar1:
Thought everything can be bypassed on Android..
Me too
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Temmybaba08: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2022
Pls is Redmi Xiaomi better than Infinix or Tecno because am getting new phone tomorrow pls

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Mcslize: 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2022
Same thing I did to mine that was robbed at a gun point Dec 2020.

Pointing gun at me, I willingly gave the arm robber and they zoomed off in their car. They robbed so many persons that day, just before Christmas day.

Till date, the phone is still locked. I even composed a message that the phone was stolen and included a number to reach if it lands in anyone hands. Any time the phone is switched on, that message will display on the screen.

They can't unlock it. Cuz I locked it through redmi iCloud.

In fact, that phone is useless without me unlocking it.

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by NamelessOGBENI(m): 5:58pm On Jan 12, 2022
Jafar1:
Reverse is the case.

Waiting for ios gang to join the group chat soon.

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Mcslize: 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2022
Jafar1:

Lol! You can't bypass an iCloud phone lock. That's why I like redmi. For those that like buying second hand phones. If it's redmi, check it very well before paying. It might be locked by the owner.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by holuwajobar(m): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
I remember when my cousin went to visit his father in Niger Republic, as he got to Niger, he was robbed in the cab he took.... They took his phone and other valuables....

When he got to his father's place , he told his father everything, his father gave his money to buy another phone.... He got to where he was going to buy a phone, alas, he saw his stolen phone there... Naso his dad go call police , he Sha got his phone back within 2 days

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by fineboynl(m): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
grin those aboki scrap buyers most have take it there.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Fathai(m): 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
Chatflick:

Lol Xiaomi get iCloud? Abeg say something different. No dey lie here because me sef dey use Redmi and the security is beautiful. Wannabe attention seeker.
wannabe redmi marketer. I currently use redmi and a iPhone. But I can categorically let you know that you and your cronies are just marketing redmi.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Olam09(m): 6:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
Olabodmit:

Don't give him the darn code.. let him learn his fucking lessons.
Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by Nellyblaq: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2022
OP,how sure are you this guy is not one of the culprits.And if you give out the password just like that to a total stranger,don’t you have sensitive documents on the phone?Use your head o. I suggest he takes the phone back to the seller and ask for a refund,if he’s telling the truth.The phone should Kukuma be useless to everybody.

1 Like

Re: My Stolen Phone Of 2 Years Was Found In Niger Republic by teemy(m): 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
@ Olabodmit

isn't lost but found supposed to be "Hey, I found your lost phone, how do I get it back to you"?

This person just straightforward wants to possess it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Real Reason Why You Put Your Phone On Airplane “flight” Mode In the Plane / Top 5 Cheap Smart Phones In Nigeria Priced Under N40,000 (february 2015) / How To Activate Mtn Welcome Back: N200 For 1gb, N1000 For 4gb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.