Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,408 members, 7,830,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles (40347 Views)

Asisat Oshoala And Gift Monday Dance To Malaika At Super Falcons Camp (Video) / Full House As Musa And Onuachu Arrive At Super Eagles Camp. / Barcelona Becomes The First Club To Have Players In Each Of The World Cup Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by nakaman: 11:45am On Jan 12, 2022
after the afcon we shall see, I like frustration shaa, e go make u jealous then market ur enemy to top.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Freelancer2020(m): 11:47am On Jan 12, 2022
Abfinest007:
Does it mean all the players in man u are good.maguire I greet u

brother you fit no make heaven with this your comment, you sabi finish person o

maguire, martial, rashford, kepa, timo, I also hail una o.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:47am On Jan 12, 2022
Mr Groundnut , As SuperEagle coach you never won anything in 6years and you surprised that we don't have any players in ManU or Chelsea?

Is your head correct at all?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by stagger: 11:48am On Jan 12, 2022
So this useless coach who was sacked by Gabon and another country before he came here on a phony contract is still making noise. A failure of a coach. What has he ever won in his life?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by aribisala0(m): 11:49am On Jan 12, 2022
in 2013 we won AFCO N with home based
In 1994 we won with home based ( with some Belgium based), Amunike was playing in Egypt and achieved our best ever FIFA ranking.
It is not by playing in Real Madrid

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by tonididdy(m): 11:50am On Jan 12, 2022
See this failed coach don dey show e true colours.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by africandollar: 11:50am On Jan 12, 2022
E pain am! grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by JustforMen: 11:51am On Jan 12, 2022
philip7:
Former Super Eagles manager, Gernot Rohr, has taken a fresh dig at Nigeria ahead of their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, tie with Egypt on Tuesday evening.

Rohr, who was recently sacked by the Nigerian Football Federation, said that the Super Eagles have no players in Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

The German tactician believes the Super Eagles cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

Rohr told football magazine World Soccer: “Nigeria don’t have these big stars like Jay-Jay Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu or Victor Ikpeba. [Wilfried] Ndidi isn’t yet a star; [Kelechi] Iheanacho not yet either.

“They don’t have any players in Liverpool, Manchester, Munich or Chelsea, which is the case for Senegal, Egypt, and Ivory Coast.

“The biggest clubs are perhaps Leicester, or possibly Napoli with Victor Osimhen.

“When you don’t have the players in fantastic clubs, playing the semi-finals or quarter-finals of the Champions League all the time, you cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

“That is the question of football without stars. It is more collective football.”

Nigeria are in Group D alongside Egypt, Guinea-Bissau and Sudan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2022/01/11/afcon-nigeria-dont-have-players-in-chelsea-man-utd-rohr-takes-dig-at-super-eagles/%3famp=1

I did not read through but ...
Oga Coach, which fantastic club have you coached ?
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Bishopceo: 11:51am On Jan 12, 2022
How things change within a short period of time that Rohr left surprise me, yesterday Eagles played with all purpose and intent they were hungry to win and they won and as for Rohr he is just very poor tactically and i thing for the first time our local made goods serve us bettter than foreign goods.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by LZAA: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2022
DisGuy:

We dominated that match against Egyp,even I was surprised! Let's see how the next one goes

Lol Oga Pinnick has picked another grade B/C coach, it was on this same nairaland people were blaming aboki NFF of estacode and junketting around the globe, that when we get a young Southern NFF head we can get top quality coach and investment �
Lol i remember
Tbf they were right sha
Make we dey watch

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Trumann: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2022
White Buhari
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by atiku07(m): 11:54am On Jan 12, 2022
very petty slowpoke

philip7:
Former Super Eagles manager, Gernot Rohr, has taken a fresh dig at Nigeria ahead of their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, tie with Egypt on Tuesday evening.

Rohr, who was recently sacked by the Nigerian Football Federation, said that the Super Eagles have no players in Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

The German tactician believes the Super Eagles cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

Rohr told football magazine World Soccer: “Nigeria don’t have these big stars like Jay-Jay Okocha, Nwankwo Kanu or Victor Ikpeba. [Wilfried] Ndidi isn’t yet a star; [Kelechi] Iheanacho not yet either.

“They don’t have any players in Liverpool, Manchester, Munich or Chelsea, which is the case for Senegal, Egypt, and Ivory Coast.

“The biggest clubs are perhaps Leicester, or possibly Napoli with Victor Osimhen.

“When you don’t have the players in fantastic clubs, playing the semi-finals or quarter-finals of the Champions League all the time, you cannot pretend to be better than Algeria or Egypt.

“That is the question of football without stars. It is more collective football.”

Nigeria are in Group D alongside Egypt, Guinea-Bissau and Sudan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2022/01/11/afcon-nigeria-dont-have-players-in-chelsea-man-utd-rohr-takes-dig-at-super-eagles/%3famp=1
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by emmydee(m): 11:55am On Jan 12, 2022
Nigeria will play in the final of this Afcon and Sadiq Umar will score the winning goal!
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by highness25(m): 11:55am On Jan 12, 2022
Laggafin:
Even the new coach piesaro should be sacked . It's high time Africa begins to localize it's coaching crew and make them grow to international standards. Eguavon is doing fantastically well with the Eagles and should be retained as head Coach even after the Afcons
When the team will play below expectation praise the man like this oo.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Laggafin: 11:56am On Jan 12, 2022
highness25:
When the team will play below expectation praise the man like this oo.
Trust me,, equavon is the raw deal for my Eagles for now
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Coldie(m): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2022
The guy is just angry that after they sacked him Nigeria started winning

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by optimismlaz(m): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2022
Who is Gernot Rohr? A football coach or a musician?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by somehow: 11:59am On Jan 12, 2022
DisGuy:
One game now we are acting like Champions already lol

This same man being called failure got us to this stage but now we won 1 game we on lose focus!

This is his main point

2013 that we won the cup, how many of our players were playing in Michael. Man U etc and how does playing in these club make him a better coach?
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Bhol28: 12:00pm On Jan 12, 2022
Idiot
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Sleekfingers: 12:01pm On Jan 12, 2022
Hisbah21:
Oyinbo making excuse for his failure

What he said, is not far from the truth......

Our players.are all below average......
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Arabaincubus: 12:02pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nigeria wasted a lot of money on this man. The Nigerian female coach could have successfully handled the Super Eagles team.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by ufotunang: 12:04pm On Jan 12, 2022
Egypt that has a star from a big club like Liverpool and Salah.... Nigeria defeated egpyt with their star man Salah
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by blasterman(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
Laggafin:
Even the new coach piesaro should be sacked . It's high time Africa begins to localize it's coaching crew and make them grow to international standards. Eguavon is doing fantastically well with the Eagles and should be retained as head Coach even after the Afcons

just wait till dey lose 1st match

all the haters will come out
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by einsteine(m): 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
Nigerians, always emotional.

Team looks great now because they beat Egypt. If they draw to Sudan now, the discontent would start. If they don't win the competition, we start hearing how Eguavoen is not a good coach.

Many did not actually read what Rohr said but just reacted emotionally.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Laggafin: 12:08pm On Jan 12, 2022
blasterman:

just wait till dey lose 1st match

all the haters will come out

We know but hopefully My boys wont disapoint in crucial moments or stages of the competition insha Allah
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Myself2(m): 12:09pm On Jan 12, 2022
I have one reply for Rohr

Eguavoen is better than you

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by friyeme(m): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
very wrong word to use by a former coach
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Richandsimple: 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2022
Mazi Rohr,
Did you watch yesterday's match?
U wr d problem!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by barcaboi(m): 12:11pm On Jan 12, 2022
I supported this man initially but he sounds like a bitter and silly deranged man

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by Mandela887(m): 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2022
Biafraaa:
i don't know where they went and brought this low budget buhari from to come and make eagles look like our economy. thank god his ass has been kicked out. but again why Nigeria go score my people Biafra go dey jubilate.
[b][/b] Confusion everywhere. undecided undecided
because it is a biafran scored d goal.. So they are jubilating for there brother that scored
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Have Players In Chelsea, Man Utd: Rohr Takes Dig At Super Eagles by bitbillionaire: 12:15pm On Jan 12, 2022
I am shocked that a man with this type of mentality was Super Eagle's coach for so many years! Wow! Did he just say Ndidi and Iheanacho are not 'stars yet'? How can this type of man bring out the best from players if he cannot see the star in every player he is coaching. I am happy he has been sacked. Good riddance!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghana Holds Burial For Christian Atsu (Photos) / FIFA Confirms Super Eagles As Youngest Squad During 2018 W/cup Qualifiers / Serie A: Napoli Players Angry Over Special Treatment Accorded Osimhen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.