Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

See 2 Pastors For 50 And 30 Years Who Converted To Islam. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / See 2 Pastors For 50 And 30 Years Who Converted To Islam. (224 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo Sacks 40 Pastors 'For Low Income From Their Branches' (Video) / Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Woman Used By 5 Pastors For Miracles Traced, Reveals What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See 2 Pastors For 50 And 30 Years Who Converted To Islam. by faithsurvey: 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2022
SEE 2 PASTORS FOR 50 AND 30 YEARS WHO CONVERTED TO ISLAM.

(1) David S. Gullion
(pastored for 50 years)

(2) Leif Skjetne
(pastored for 30 years)

(1) Meet Baptist Pastor who Converted to Islam after 50 Years as a Missionary and Pastor

David S. Gullion is the son of a US Army veteran who served in the World War II and was also Baptist missionaries. The religious inclinations of his parent meant that David grew up in a home with a lot of Christian activities and so he had a strong Christian foundation in his early days which persuaded to become a Baptist missionary just like his father.

But despite his devotion to the Baptist church as a missionary and clergyman, David felt he needed to know more about religion and the Prophets. This led him into series of investigations that led him into a whole new experience, different from the reality of his parents and his church.

In an interview with a popular Islamic programme in America, David spoke about his spiritual journey that made him turn his back to his Christian experience and 50 years of serving as a missionary in the Baptist church. Now he is a confessed Muslim.

During the interview, he also spoke about his book, “The Last Christian” which chronicles his journey into Islam.

“My parents were Baptist missionaries. My father was a soldier in US army in WW2. Even as a young person, I came to realise that there must have been a difference between the Jesus of faith and the person of history. And it wasn’t until I began to investigate Islam that I began to make sense of who Jesus was. During this investigating I eventually became Muslim.

“This was in march 1995, what happened was that Dr. Allum invited me to talk to him in Abubakar mosque here in Houston. The only question I asked him the whole time I was there was “is Prophet Mohammed the same prophet as you would find in the bible?” “And he said yes.”

“In my opinion I don’t think he was, but I was going to investigate. I had all that I needed to have an investigation. I simply ran home got my old testament. Ran through the Old Testament to know what defines a prophet in the Old Testament.

“Then I went out to make an investigation of Prophet Mohammed. To my great surprise he fit the criteria. Then I was interested. I got two translation of the Koran and over a two week period I read both of them.

“Then I felt a strong compulsion to become a Muslim, but I did not want to become a Muslim. And I said to myself “if I can have one good reason not to become Muslim I will not become a Muslim. And so I spent three months trying to find a good reason not to become a Muslim. But based on what I know I felt that I had to become a Muslim,” he said. “That is why I am a Muslim,” he concluded.

Based on his experience and quest to discover religion, David wrote a book, “The Last Christian” which he says is an effort to differentiate between the Jesus of history, the person that actually walk the earth with Jesus of faith.

(2) PRIEST OF 30 YEARS ACCEPTS ISLAM* – LEIF SKJETNE Revert Story

Today, we are bringing you one-of-a-kind revert story. We are referring to the story of none other than Leif Skjetne, a 30-year long priest of Swedish Church whose story of conversion to Islam has recently surfaced.

So, basically, Leif Skjetne, a 77 years old priest, who served as a priest for 30 years in Swedish City Jonkoping has become a Muslim. However, there is a bit of a twist here.

There has recently been a documentary release about Leif Skjetne’s journey that reveals that the 77-years old priest had already converted in the year 2017. Which came as a surprise, not only to the general public but the church staff as well – given that a priest had become a Muslim, long before he left the Church of Sweden.

One of his friends, Par Aj Persson, was present at the press screening of the documentary. He says, “I still have a hard time understanding how Leif could convert. He was in the church for 30 years. But, we are still just as good friends.”

Leif Skjetne grew up in Oslo, Norway. He moved to Smedjebacken in 1984 where he worked as a priest in Norrbarke Parish until 1986. Moving forward, he came to work in Skillingaryd’s pastorate where he was mainly a minister in Aker and Hangshult.

Later on, Skjetne worked a lot in Hanger-Dannas as a priest on pension. During his time as a priest in the Church of Sweden, Skjetne had a chance to work with refugees and their issues.

One of those refugees was a Muslim man named Abdullah. Skjetne got a chance to live with him and they eventually became good friends.

“He calls me his dad, his biological father is dead. We lived together for a year and half.” Said Skjetne.

During his time with Abdullah, Skjetne got the chance to study Islam closely. Abdullah was a devoted Muslim and he prayed five times a day, coupled with rest of the duties that came with Islam.

This gave way for the 77-year old, ex priest, then 74-year old, to study the teachings of Islam.

“Christianity and Islam have a lot in common, starting from the same God. The only strong dividing lines are Jesus and Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him). However, Islam does contain all the teachings of Christianity.”

In recent decades, there have been many flared up incidents due to extremist movements and so. Muslim households throughout the world have been at the receiving end of unpleasant behavior.

He got a chance to live with the Moroccan refugee, Abdullah, because apparently, Abdullah was not a fan of refugee housing. However, after living with him for a year and half, there were several expulsion decisions.

“I was not surprised when they finally expelled him.” Said Leif Skjetne.

It is reported that it was in the Autumn of 2017 when Leif Skjetne accepted Islam – while he was living with Abdullah. He changed his name to Ahmed Skjetne.

Moving forward, Ahmed made a major decision, moved to Morocco and started living as a pensioner.

“Many people have converted to Islam. However, I may be the first priest in Scandinavia to have gone that route.” Says Ahmed Skjetne.

After his conversion became public, many people from the Church’s management were sent for him. But, when a priest that old makes a decision to convert, you can only believe that it’s a well-thought decision.

“The only change is the language here. Arabic is difficult and I don’t know much. The climate is good with around 35 degrees.” He said.

“I go to the mosque occasionally because it has been difficult due to the ongoing pandemic situation.” Ahmed added.
The documentary that came out about his conversion his named as “The Confession”. It became possible when two people, Tomas Bilderman and Alex Bolevin followed Ahmed for a year. The documentary has already had a significant impact.

Ahmed Skjetne did not make an announcement because of his past. He did serve as a priest for a major part of his adult life.

“A decision like this had the potential of affecting many people in my surroundings. I didn’t want that to happen.” Said Skjetne.

He accepted Islam, moved to Morocco, and starting living as a retired priest on pension. Mr. Ahmed Skjetne currently resides in Fez, Morocco with the Moroccan refugee, Abdullah.
Stories like this Ahmed Skjetne’s are a direct voucher from Allah. When the creator above wills, everything else becomes irrelevant. We have nothing but best wishes and prayers for Ahmed Skjetne. May Allah continue guide us all. Ameen.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO READ:

(1) How 2 Pastors (Father and Son), CONVERTED to Islam. CLICK HERE TO READ IT

(2) 30% U.S. Evangelicals and 52% U.S. Adults believe Jesus is not god.
CLICK HERE TO READ IT

(3) Why a Vatcan Catholic Priest Embraced Islam CLICK HERE TO READ IT

(4) Why a Pastor for 50 years Accepted Islam. CLICK HERE TO READ IT

(5) Again, Another Pastor of 30 years CONVERTED to Islam.CLICK HERE TO READ IT
Re: See 2 Pastors For 50 And 30 Years Who Converted To Islam. by Blaqroman0000: 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2022
And so....

Re: See 2 Pastors For 50 And 30 Years Who Converted To Islam. by kingsmaila(m): 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2022
Man yadi Allah falla hadiAllah. Who God has guided can not be misguided. Allah Akbar

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Bible / Kwara Govt, Oyun Baptist High School, Ijagbo Imbroglio / Watch Live Service From Salvation Ministries With David Ibiyeomie Possibilities2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.