Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,663 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:35 AM

Praying And Fasting Day 4 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying And Fasting Day 4 (178 Views)

Winners Chapel 21-day Prayer And Fasting 2024 Prayer Points / Leah Sharibu: TB Joshua Calls For Three Days Prayer And Fasting / When Your Prayers And Fasting Is Real, They Will Produce These Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Praying And Fasting Day 4 by Earthkumy(m): 4:24am On Jan 13, 2022
Fasting and Praying day 4
Topic: walking with purpose and obedience
Tex: John 14:23

We have Many Christians today who confess Jesus as their Lord and personal savior, but in reality they only see God as an errand spirit who is in charge of fetching them anything they desire.
From year to year all they do is send God on errands in the name of praying. The will and purpose of God only apply to them when it is in line with their own desire. Anything from God that's against their own desire they reject, resist, cry and complain. As a result we have many frustrated, disappoint and confused Christians. Everything walking for the good of the righteous doesn't apply to them, they are selective of the kind of things they want working for their good, in reality they are saying God can't tell them what to do or accept. John 15:10 says if you keep my commandments you remain in my love, He didn't say if you have my grace. Vs 7 says if we remain in his love we can ask for anything. Obedience is our check for answered prayers. While grace is a certificate of redemption. Many Christians are mixing the two.
Our text today Jesus says whoever loves him will keep his words. We must make a conscious effort to be obedient and put our desires in check, if we are to work in God's purpose this 2022.

Prayers

1 dear heavenly father teach me to obey you and give me a mind that understand your instructions
2 take away from me every desire that's in conflict with your will in this 2022
3 establish my feet in obedience to your word in Jesus name Amen

(1) (Reply)

Warfare . . . Or Discipline? / Dealing With The Spirit Of Lust Part 7 / You Are A Divine Invention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.