Stats: 3,151,394 members, 7,812,159 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:14 AM

Dealing With Pride As A Christian. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dealing With Pride As A Christian. (4743 Views)

Dealing With Lucifarian Night Farmers By Dr. Olukoya - Written Sermon / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 05, 2021
The temptation to be proud comes to many Christians. Pride comes in various ways. It could be silent or it could be loud. Some people who look humble are proud because they intentionally want others to see how humble they are. For instance, if you are rich or famous, and you greet someone by bowing down, all in the name of showing people that a rich or famous person like you is bowing down, then that's not humility, but a "humility for show"... Humility should come from within, without trying to use it to impress others.

Pride can come in different forms: it could be pride of your tribe, pride of achievement, pride of beauty, pride of anointing, pride of preaching good, pride of a successful relationship etc. While there is positive pride e.g be proud of a football team winning a trophy, being proud of someone's good character etc, most other pride are negative.

Pride has made many people miss opportunities. Pride has made many men or women loose potential spouse. Pride has made many people go from grace to grass. Pride has made many people suffer without seeking for solutions. Pride has made many people miss precious seasons of life.

One way to deal with pride is to regularly thank God for what He has done for you, constantly worship God, constantly monitor any tendency of pride and deal with it.

Are you proud? Tell God to give you grace to remain humble.

Happy Sunday!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by OLORIPAPA: 8:04am On Sep 05, 2021
God please give me the grace to stay humble...�

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Dtruthspeaker: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2021
prettypraise:

...Are you proud? Tell God to give you grace to remain humble.

Happy Sunday!

A Lover of God and Christ, has no pride.

Any who struggles with Pride, is still Anti-God.

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by slawormiir: 9:29am On Sep 05, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright......

According to this article....it seems all humans got pride
Because the article says pride is in different form..

Which means every soul on planet earth got pride

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by onoms4luv(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2021
Pride have taken over the churches
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Lamasta(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2021
Pride is rampant among Christians of today I always take my time to pray for some of my colleague back in school who are fshp leaders then that God should take away pride from them cos they use to think they are the one in charge and in control without knowing they are mere servant priviledgely used by God almighty....

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Truefaith: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2021
mnhbg
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Triangles1(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2021
Sometimes people mistake being classic to pride, when you choose your friend and you don't let your friends choose you they will call it pride.
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Saskay44: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2021
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by DropsMic(m): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2021
Na lack of pride make African Presidents dey enter jet go oyibo land for Medical treatment.. Na lack of pride dey make Africans dey always wait on oyibo people to bring drugs to us anytime there's a pandemic.

Lack of pride is killing us .

Y'all are always quick to paint pride as a bad thing... But in reality it's actually not that bad.

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Bampeh: 9:31am On Sep 05, 2021
Only if we can humble ourselves just as Lord Jesus Christ, who humbled himself to death just to redeem us from the pride of Satan(sin).

Bampeh is against pride.

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Truefaith: 9:31am On Sep 05, 2021
mnb
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Sheriman(m): 9:32am On Sep 05, 2021
Buy XEC/USDT on Binance and hold till Buhari leaves office.
Happy Sunday!!!!
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Goldbw122(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2021
Hmm
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Savageman: 9:34am On Sep 05, 2021
Issorite
You say pride kills
And you're telling me to swallow my pride.
What if i die undecided

We movveeeee

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by IamPlato(m): 9:35am On Sep 05, 2021

My brother, a man must have pride it is neccessary, the important thing is how to control your show of it..
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by izubext007: 9:36am On Sep 05, 2021
God forgive me if I am proud in any way..... straighten my ways O! Lord so I don't go astray.

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by SeriouslySense(m): 9:38am On Sep 05, 2021
amen
izubext007:
God forgive me if I am proud in any way..... straighten my ways O! Lord so I don't go astray.

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by SeriouslySense(m): 9:42am On Sep 05, 2021
Its okay, if you feel some pride, but is wiser, not to rub it on people, so they don't plot against one. Especially in this part of the world where many people have low self-esteem or self-confidence.

Also pride can lead to thinking you are more than another person, which is not a healthy thing to dwell in.

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2021
IamPlato:

My brother, a man must have pride it is neccessary, the important thing is how to control your show of it..
Anybody wey no get pride na coward.

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by rave409: 9:42am On Sep 05, 2021
Pride comes before a fall

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by joyfullyjoyous(f): 9:46am On Sep 05, 2021
Pride comes before a fall. So many have lost their job,wife,husband good friends,neighbours,opportunities As a result of unnecessary pride. I think the devil
makes them proud in order to destroy them. Someone once told me she never says sorry but that if she does she would almost cry her eyes out.
We should always remember to be Christ-like. Our Lord Jesus was never proud when he came to live with us to the extent that he could not be pointed out in the midst of his disciples cos he was just like them but these days,ppl want to show off,stand out in fashion,show their wealth,without caring about God's works. If at all they go to church they want to sit in front on special seats to show class.
May God cleanse our hearts of unnecessary unheavenly pride.

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by beautyhd: 9:54am On Sep 05, 2021
God help us overcome the spirit of pride especially when we are at the top or wealthy.

Humility is indeed a virtue.

I have a woman i admire so much, she has it all, a good husband, brilliant children, good and well paying job, very affluent and yet so humble.

People like me wey never reach anywhere go dey raise shoulders like say we are wearing shoulder pad.

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Rejoicing(f): 9:57am On Sep 05, 2021
GOD help us all, blissful Sunday n week ahead. Luv u all

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by money121(m): 10:03am On Sep 05, 2021
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by FuturelsFemale(f): 10:12am On Sep 05, 2021
joyfullyjoyous:
Pride comes before a fall. So many have lost their job,wife,husband good friends,neighbours,opportunities As a result of unnecessary pride. I think the devil
makes them proud in order to destroy them. Someone once told me she never says sorry but that if she does she would almost cry her eyes out.
Sometimes I wonder what is so hard in the word "sorry" people find it difficult to say? If one is at fault, saying "sorry" shouldn't be a big deal! It saves a lot!
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Myer(m): 10:15am On Sep 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

A Lover of God and Christ, has no pride.

Any who struggles with Pride, is still Anti-God.

Yours must be pride of ignorance.
Cos to say you have no pride means you're already as perfect as Christ in the flesh. Only ignorant or babe speaks as such.

Every human being has some measure of pride in them. As a Christian, the mind of Christ is in you yet you have to grow in its manifestation.

As long as you're on earth, you'll struggle with these 3;

Lust of the eyes
Lust of the flesh
Pride of life.

1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or the things in the world. wIf anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world.
And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Myer(m): 10:20am On Sep 05, 2021
prettypraise:
The temptation to be proud comes to many Christians. Pride comes in various ways. It could be silent or it could be loud. Some people who look humble are proud because they intentionally want others to see how humble they are. For instance, if you are rich or famous, and you greet someone by bowing down, all in the name of showing people that a rich or famous person like you is bowing down, then that's not humility, but a "humility for show"... Humility should come from within, without trying to use it to impress others.

Pride can come in different forms: it could be pride of your tribe, pride of achievement, pride of beauty, pride of anointing, pride of preaching good, pride of a successful relationship etc. While there is positive pride e.g be proud of a football team winning a trophy, being proud of someone's good character etc, most other pride are negative.

Pride has made many people miss opportunities. Pride has made many men or women loose potential spouse. Pride has made many people go from grace to grass. Pride has made many people suffer without seeking for solutions. Pride has made many people miss precious seasons of life.

One way to deal with pride is to regularly thank God for what He has done for you, constantly worship God, constantly monitor any tendency of pride and deal with it.

Are you proud? Tell God to give you grace to remain humble.

Happy Sunday!

Nice piece.
I don't think anyone can fully overcome pride.
Like you rightly said even when one exhibits the physical appearance of humility, he could still be proud in his heart.
Even when one is consciously walking in humility in his heart, he could still exhibit pride in other aspects.
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Dtruthspeaker: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2021
Myer:

Yours must be pride of ignorance.
Cos to say you have no pride means you're already as perfect as Christ in the flesh. Only ignorant or babe speaks as such...

First, it is you who Judgeth me, I did not raise any judgement upon myself.

Secondly, it is you who immediately judgeth me even without any accusation, not to talk of even being given the opportunity of defending myself (Fair Trial).

And thirdly, by your statement on perfection, you now understand the Requirement of God's Command in Which He said "Be ye Perfect"
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:07am On Sep 05, 2021
Pride... Greatest killer of all time.
Be humble.

Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤

Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by Polynek(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2021
Am an epitome of humility no cap cheesy But sometimes most humble pple are broke Sha grin,
Re: Dealing With Pride As A Christian. by nokspos: 11:17am On Sep 05, 2021
well said ,

Vampirism Is Real! Read The Testimony Of A Former Vampire Now Serving The Lord / Burmese Muslims’ Unabated Genocide / What More Do You Know About Angels?