Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion (1079 Views)

The Credit Alert That Weakened Me And Made Me Sad / What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) / What's Happening To This Couple (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by muheeb01(m): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2022
DEBATABLE DISCUSSION
A man who is infertile and knows it, keeps it from his wife for good 10 years, allowing her endure insults from both his family and strangers for those years, and even refuses the idea of adoption whenever she brings it up. The 11th year, the wife secretly gets to know about her husband’s infertility and even though she is deeply hurt, she doesn’t confront him. Rather, she gets involved with another man and gets pregnant and then breaks the news to her husband(giving the impression that she is actually pregnant for him).

-Do you think the woman did the right thing? Give reason(s) for your answer.

-What do you think the man should do in this situation?

Give reason(s) for your answer.
Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by KiNg0G: 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2022
hahahaha
Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by muheeb01(m): 12:38pm On Jan 13, 2022
My own opinion on this :

In this new age, infertility shouldn't be a big deal or worries anymore,just know the right way,and stop forming woke,low sperm count issues even azoospermia is now things of the past with the help of traditional or herbal knowledge,combining one or two things together,you'll smile and happy to impregnate woman easily again,even as a woman finding it difficult to conceive once your womb is still intact,you got no worries,either it's caused by excess worms in your system,fallopian tube blockage,fibroid or ovarian cyst,constant stomach ache or pain or èdà a situation whereby sperms draws back immediately after sex it's not good and sperm can't reach the eggs to get you pregnant,it's treatable and simple to treat tradomedically,follow the right way and enjoy your marriage instead of hiding truth from your partner....treat yourself of any infections,low sperm count or any stds before marriage to avoid stories that touches....know your genotype,rhesus factor compatibility, hepatitis,herpes and Hiv statuses too before marriage,if you get any treat yourself on time reduce the cd counts or treat it completely before marriage,don't rush into it until you do these things,marriage is an institution and should be on the ground of absolute TRUTH....anything other than that is a mirrage most especially when it's comes to reproduction issues...do not hide anything,prevention is better than cure...but cure yourself as soon as you can too...thanks

1 Like

Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2022
both of them did the wrong thing.... and thats why the end result is a DISASTER!

I BLAME the husband whose ego was clouding his judgment and he should have been fully honest with his wife, sadly, he is a very selfish deluded man who decided it was better to pretend to the whole world that he was happily married rather than to be fully honest with his own wife.

I BLAME the wife whoshould have known that something was wrong and investigate the issue (fertility test etc) so that she could face her husband with thte truth and move on with her life....instead she fed into this charade by having an affair and getting pregnant from a stranger, and claiming that the child is his....WHILE THEY BOTH KNOW IT AINT!!!

I BLAME society, where people would rather pretend that everything is ok in their marriage than being honest with their own self. people who would now claim "ITS A MIRACLE CHILD" from god after 20yrs of waiting, and everyone around them will say:"god blessed them bla bla bla" or "with prayers everything is possible bla bla bla".... and tey will now fit perfectly with the Joneses!

2 Likes

Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by GboyegaD(m): 12:56pm On Jan 13, 2022
I blame both parties and the wife more. Two sons don't make a right and there is no crime walking out of the marriage instead of what she chose to do. It's isn't a fair culture and this would be used against her.

It could be said he cheating acts caused the husband's infertility and that would bring her more shame than what she's trying to save.
Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by BMathew: 8:30am On Jan 14, 2022
I don't play blame games....Life is all about making decisions.
Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by ibechris(m): 8:44am On Jan 14, 2022
Family is like a team,if u don't tell yourselves the truth then why are both of you married.

I feel this is too extreme a betrayal from the side of the man. He allowed such a thing to become a secret until it was no longer a secret by the action of the woman. However the man should be blamed for this after all,the woman felt betrayed hence her decision.

To be candid,I feel more pity for the woman because of the kind of society we all come from, the shame,the side talks,the insult and family pressure just on one woman must have aided her decision after knowing the kind of husband she got married to.

For me,I think this woman needs to be consoled further after all,that is her own way of adopting a child.
Any anger leading to their divorce will surely benefit the woman,so the man should rather be careful how he goes about escalating the matter as it is a sensitive issue that might be used against him.

2 Likes

Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by Totiemide: 9:28am On Jan 14, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
both of them did the wrong thing.... and thats why the end result is a DISASTER!

I BLAME the husband whose ego was clouding his judgment and he should have been fully honest with his wife, sadly, he is a very selfish deluded man who decided it was better to pretend to the whole world that he was happily married rather than to be fully honest with his own wife.

I BLAME the wife whoshould have known that something was wrong and investigate the issue (fertility test etc) so that she could face her husband with thte truth and move on with her life....instead she fed into this charade by having an affair and getting pregnant from a stranger, and claiming that the child is his....WHILE THEY BOTH KNOW IT AINT!!!

I BLAME society, where people would rather pretend that everything is ok in their marriage than being honest with their own self. people who would now claim "ITS A MIRACLE CHILD" from god after 20yrs of waiting, and everyone around them will say:"god blessed them bla bla bla" or "with prayers everything is possible bla bla bla".... and tey will now fit perfectly with the Joneses!

1 Like

Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:00pm On Jan 14, 2022
You are asking what the man should do, Seriously? What is he supposed to do than hide his impotent deceitful asss and be grateful to have a baby? HE DECEIVED HIS WIFE FOR OVER 10 YEARS, yet he is wondering what he should do? He is supposed to apologise to her, for hiding such a horrible health challenge from her. I am not mocking his health challenge, no, but deceiving her is what is annoying. For the wife to bring the
Pregnancy back home and still remain in the marriage, shows she loves her husband so much. Some women would have left with the pregnancy, broadcast his impotency/deceit, and thread blames for all the past pains he caused.
muheeb01:

A man who is infertile and knows it, keeps it from his wife for good 10 years, allowing her endure insults.

2 Likes

Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On Jan 14, 2022
muheeb01:

This isn't new phenomenon. Happened quite often during the time of our ancestors. In many cases the man's family are aware of their son's problem and so play their part in shifting blame on the woman instead. Most families simply continue living as if oblivious to the act. undecided

In some cultures, the law was even adjusted so that a woman's current husband has full claim to all children birthed during the marriage. undecided

1 Like

Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by Hathor5(f): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2022
No, she didn't do the right thing. It can never be right to commit paternity fraud.

The man can do a DNA test or live in denial.
Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by anthonyuncle(m): 1:55am On Jan 15, 2022
she should've left him officially before getting pregnant for another man

1 Like

Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by Belafonte(m): 9:59am On Jan 15, 2022
muheeb01:

I think she did the right thing.

The man can do whatever he likes within the limits of the law.

She has a life to live and a right to happiness and fulfilment

2 Likes

Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by Belafonte(m): 10:00am On Jan 15, 2022
anthonyuncle:
she should've left him officially before getting pregnant for another man

Maybe she still wants to be married, no?
Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by efficiencie(m): 11:21am On Jan 15, 2022
muheeb01:

DEBATABLE DISCUSSION
A man who is infertile and knows it, keeps it from his wife for good 10 years, allowing her endure insults from both his family and strangers for those years, and even refuses the idea of adoption whenever she brings it up. The 11th year, the wife secretly gets to know about her husband’s infertility and even though she is deeply hurt, she doesn’t confront him. Rather, she gets involved with another man and gets pregnant and then breaks the news to her husband(giving the impression that she is actually pregnant for him).

The man is mad. The woman is foolish. Only a mad man will be infertile and still force his wife to remain childless against her will. Only a foolish wife will get pregnant for another man and continues with her infertile husband as though all is well when nothing is well. Thank God they are childless. If they had children they would likely have inherited madness and foolishness from their parents.

1 Like

Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by anthonyuncle(m): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2022
Belafonte:

Maybe she still wants to be married, no?

it doesn't make sense
Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by Belafonte(m): 2:01pm On Jan 15, 2022
anthonyuncle:

it doesn't make sense
To you
Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by Belafonte(m): 2:01pm On Jan 15, 2022
Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by Nobody: 12:35am On Jan 16, 2022
LilMissFavvy:
You are asking what the man should do, Seriously? What is he supposed to do than hide his impotent deceitful asss and be grateful to have a baby? HE DECEIVED HIS WIFE FOR OVER 10 YEARS, yet he is wondering what he should do? He is supposed to apologise to her, for hiding such a horrible health challenge from her. I am not mocking his health challenge, no, but deceiving her is what is annoying. For the wife to bring the
Pregnancy back home and still remain in the marriage, shows she loves her husband so much.
Some women would have left with the pregnancy, broadcast his impotency/deceit, and thread blames for all the past pains he caused.

You were making sense until you got to the bolded...

So the wife sleeping around, getting pregnant and bringing the pregnancy for another man (her husband) to take care of, loves her husband?

It seems to me like you're justifying cheating...
Re: Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion by ImaIma1(f): 1:09am On Jan 16, 2022
11years! That man is capable of worse things. In all those years he allowed her take the blame for their childlessnes, especially with inlaws. So sad.

But after finding out, it's better she had walked away instead of playing his games with him. Sleeping with another man cannot solve the problem

(1) (Reply)

This Picture Says A Lot…God Bless Our Mothers / This Prank Almost Cost Us Everything! | The Most Dangerous Prank On My Sister! / Why Do Parents Think They Know More Than Their Kids In Every Aspect Of Life,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.