Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,458 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) (1649 Views)

Reading This Couple Story Really Made Me Sad....debatable Discussion / Growing Up, How Many Did You Break Washing This (Photo) / Share Your Funniest Experience While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by officialwdhtv: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2021
What movies (Nigerian or foreign) really made you scared when you where young?

Mine was Willie Willie... that programme on NTA was bone chilling and very scary back then...

Whats yours?

1 Like

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Bvlgari: 3:48pm On Aug 13, 2021
Obobs... child's play... this guy chukky almost ruined my childhood for me

4 Likes

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Samfloxin(m): 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
Willy willy ( soap opera),that Indian snake girl film

3 Likes

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nwaotu10(m): 5:38pm On Aug 13, 2021
Living in bondage.

I was seeing merit constantly in dream. grin grin
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by IAMBlesssed(f): 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2021
Living in bondage..

The living dead..

2 Likes

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by salisuammy(f): 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2021
Nneka the pretty serpent embarassed

1 Like

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by KankOfLife(m): 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2021
Agbara nla, ( Ultimate Power)

4 Likes

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by officialwdhtv: 10:18pm On Aug 13, 2021
salisuammy:
Nneka the pretty serpent embarassed

Haha yes yes ... nneka the pretty serpent was pretty chilling too...when she
says that "look into my eyes" in Ibo ehn, i could just melt or evaporate in fear hahaha

3 Likes

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by officialwdhtv: 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2021
KankOfLife:
Agbara nla, ( Ultimate Power)

Another nice one.... ishawuru and ayamatanga which i only recently learnt was

" i am, at anger" simply meaning he was angry... but we change am as kids to "ayamantanga" hehe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
Basket case. very scary creature.

The devil dog

Omotara Abiku Ogbanje

Pot of life. "Amiwu". Haaa this one was a Blockbuster then and still is.

Hauwa in telemovies. Can't remember the title of that movie. It scared the hell out of me. (Acted by one Gobadaya) The woman that was killed by her husband and her ghost went to visit her children in school.

Things fall apart. The part where those Spirits were tormenting Okonkwo.

7 Likes

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by jahsharon: 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2021
CharisEleos:

The devil dog

Omotara Abiku Ogbanje

Hauwa in telemovies. Can't remember the title of that movie. It scared the hell out of me. (Acted by one Gobadaya) The woman that was killed by her husband and her ghost went to visit her children in school.

This one na old woman ooo. How are your grandchildren? If I don abuse you before on this Forum, I beg forgive me for disrespecting Elders. This woman is not less than 45 years old.

1 Like

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Divoc19(f): 12:39am On Aug 14, 2021
Mid Night Scream
Agbaranla
Witchdoctor of the Living dead
That teddy, Chukky
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Richy4(m): 2:05am On Aug 14, 2021
Samfloxin:
Willy willy ( soap opera),that Indian snake girl film

I am ashamed to admit that as a kid after watching that Snake girl, everything that moves around our house made me jump those days.... I had terrible dreams.. went to sleep in my elder brother's room for weeks...
How can I forget the last part where that man and the daughter was on the rope trying to escape from the snake and the snake was just coming after them... how can I ever forget the chill on when the man's daughter was about to slip from his hands as they were on that rope grin ...That movie contributed why I still dislike snakes till tomorrow...

Another movie that got me was The Alligator,.... I can't remember if that was the name...It was a situation where a kid picked up a small Alligator like a lizard.. The mother of the kid got mad at him... she threw the alligator inside the toilet and flushed it.. it went into the river, ate all the fishes.. grew up and started terrorizing the community...

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by dljbd1(m): 4:52am On Aug 14, 2021
Toluwanile
Igodo
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by mysticwarrior(m): 5:25am On Aug 14, 2021
Evil dead.
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by officialwdhtv: 7:56am On Aug 14, 2021
CharisEleos:

The devil dog

Omotara Abiku Ogbanje

Nice one..."amiwu" in pot of life back then was actually a family friend... she died then and rumors back then was that it was the movie that killed her as the spirits where tormenting her

1 Like

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 14, 2021
officialwdhtv:

Nice one..."amiwu" in pot of life back then was actually a family friend... she died then and rumors back then was that it was the movie that killed her as the spirits where tormenting her

Yeah you're right. Also overheard when my elder sister and mum discussing it that period.

It was said that the role she played was a very delicate one that it stirred up some evil spirit, especially the part she had to pass through those evil forests. That it sort of provoked and evoked the evil Spirits there and sacrifices were not made before and after to appease the deities; which was why they came for her.
So sad.

I think she even died in the cause of the movie that they had to change the girl because I observed two different girls acted the same role. It was the original girl that died. Something in that order. Can't really remember. I was still very small when the rumors spread.

1 Like

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Lamanii22(f): 9:29am On Aug 14, 2021
Labake di ejo (labake turned to snake)

Chukky

Dracula

1 Like

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Victoria938(f): 9:42am On Aug 14, 2021
Child's play

1 Like

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by officialwdhtv: 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
CharisEleos:

Yeah you're right. Also overheard when my elder sister and mum were discussing it that period.

It was said that the role she played was a very delicate one that it stirred up some evil spirit, especially the part she had to pass through those evil forests. That it sort of provoked and evoked the evil Spirits there and sacrifices were not made before and after to appease the deities; which was why they came for her.
So sad.

I think she even died in the cause of the movie that they had to change the girl because I observed two different girls acted the same role. It was the original girl that died. Something in that order. Can't really remember. I was still very small when the rumors spread.

We are both correct
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by LadySarah: 2:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
Igodo.
Its an epic movie.
For one week I had terrible nightmares.ghosts everywhere I look.
Till today, all those movies with local dressing and journeying into the deep forest for days, count me out!
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by salisuammy(f): 6:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
officialwdhtv:

Haha yes yes ... nneka the pretty serpent was pretty chilling too...when she
says that "look into my eyes" in Ibo ehn, i could just melt or evaporate in fear hahaha
Remember how she calls the man: " Tony, Tony, Tony" and he will reply "anuma bia" grin
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by salisuammy(f): 6:13pm On Aug 14, 2021
CharisEleos:

The devil dog

Omotara Abiku Ogbanje

I have been trying to remember the name of the Hauwa movie too. It brings me so much nostalgia especially since I lost my mom embarassed cry
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
salisuammy:

I have been trying to remember the name of the Hauwa movie too. It brings me so much nostalgia especially since I lost my mom embarassed cry

Wow really?? You remember the movie too?

Awwnnn... Sorry about your mum.

The new wife the man married was later being tormented by a cat in the kitchen then Hauwa appeared in white and she screamed!!! Bayo now came in and held her.

I've searched for that movie with omotara on YouTube to no avail.

1 Like

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
LadySarah:
Igodo.
Its an epic movie.
For one week I had terrible nightmares.ghosts everywhere I look.
Till today, all those movies with local dressing and journeying into the deep forest for days, count me out!

Igodo... Was igodo scary?
Ok.
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by salisuammy(f): 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2021
CharisEleos:

Wow really?? You remember the movie too?

Awwnnn... Sorry about your mum.

The new wife the man married was later being tormented by a cat in the kitchen then Hauwa appeared in white and she screamed!!! Bayo now came in and held her.

I've searched for that movie with omotara on YouTube to no avail.

I remember vividly oo cheesy Can't forget her white ghost garment and white face

Thank you so much.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
CharisEleos:

The devil dog

Omotara Abiku Ogbanje

Your head is there, hauwa her spirit crew and a cat terrified me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2021
hakeemhakeem:

Your head is these, hauwa her spirit crew and a cat terrified me

Lol.. you too? cheesy

Please what's the title of that movie?

So terrifying especially where Dauda ( husband) was calling her in a Calabash.
Dauda : Hauwa hauwa hauwa
Hauwa : Dauda, where are you?
Then she slumps. Chai!!!
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Sanctecosma(m): 8:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
My was karashika
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Dtruthspeaker: 10:28pm On Aug 14, 2021
officialwdhtv:
What movies (Nigerian or foreign) really made you scared when you where young?

Mine was Willie Willie... that programme on NTA was bone chilling and very scary back then...

Whats yours?

Then you must remember "Hauwa" (I can not remember the name)
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Dtruthspeaker: 10:32pm On Aug 14, 2021
CharisEleos:

The devil dog

Omotara Abiku Ogbanje

Oh you remember Hauwa too. I think it was heavier than Willie Willie.

Then we still had The Omen, Hammer House of Horror to contend with such that when Third Eye started, I thought it was horror too.

Men I hate horror movies.

Wishmaster, Nightmare on elm Street, evil dead, House etc.
Re: What Movies Really Made You Scared When You Where Growing up? (Pics) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Oh you remember Hauwa too. I think it was heavier than Willie Willie.

Then we still had The Omen, Hammer House of Horror to contend with such that when Third Eye started, I thought it was horror too.

Yeah I do.
Willie Willie had its own style. It was pure horror but then, I wasn't that scared because people made fun with it and some would even wear his ghost costume and be using it to scare us. So it didn't really give me the chills like Hauwas.

Yes third eye. Olu Jacobs. " I wonder" "I just wonder" lol.. veeeery boring. I didn't like it but my mum and elder sister must tune to it every Wednesday.

Good to know a lot of people still remember that movie.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women/ladies: How Do We Do It? Men: How Do You Want It Done? / Us Citizen Moving To Ghana To Be With Ghana Husband What Documents Are Needed / I Really Don't Like My Personality, Is That A Good Sign????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.