Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't (1193 Views)

Please Help Me With A Job! I'm Depressed / I'm Depressed And Tired Of Life Oo / How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by gonkin(m): 9:46am On Jan 14, 2022
Good morning

I lost my job as a power plant operator in December 2020 due to site restructuring. It was an IPP, they weren't generating up to proposed capacity and had to relocate. Some staffs were retained, few were laid off. I was amongst the few laid off.
Till date I'm still unemployed holding onto my hopes to get future opportunities to prove myself

Last year July 2021. I applied for the position of a fireman at seplat energy. Over 800 applicants too. Passed the first written interview the numbers dropped to 120 for the assessment. Passed the assessment it was down to the last 16 and 5 were to be selected for medicals. I was really good at it and thought I was gonna get it.
From July through September, October and December.
A close friend I always helped cuz he had no clue and looked up to me so for tips on what to do cuz he's never had such interview experience told me yesterday at 3pm that he got his invite for medicals and asked if I saw mine. I told him NO. He fell sad immediately that it wasn't the mission that we were supposed to succeed together. I told him at least 1 of us made it. I was deeply sad inside cuz i had the positive feeling I was gonna get to medical stage.

I need help getting motivated cuz im sad I didn't get there after 6months. I'm back to searching for jobs.
Please help me get back on my feet. I was too overconfident I was gonna get it so its killing me psychologically. Its not my first time failing but I actually had the mind I was gonna get this one for sure.

Please guys if there any job offers out there I could really use it to suppress this depression. Its worse than heartbreak. My appetite just vanished.

I need advice on how to get it out of my head.

9 Likes

Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by SarutobiEky(m): 10:09am On Jan 14, 2022
It's going to be all right sir. I assure you. I'm also in need of a job. Keep your head up.
Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by gonkin(m): 10:20am On Jan 14, 2022
SarutobiEky:
It's going to be all right sir. I assure you. I'm also in need of a job. Keep your head up.

I have to but the effects ain't wearing off easy. The pay is just over 270k in a location where life is cheap and easy. That would have made a big break for me. Losing ur job isn't easy.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 14, 2022
gonkin:

I have to but the effects ain't wearing off easy. The pay is just over 270k in a location where life is cheap and easy. That would have made a big break for me. Losing ur job isn't easy.

270k monthly? I feel ur pain bro..

Keep applying..

1 Like

Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by SarutobiEky(m): 10:24am On Jan 14, 2022
gonkin:

I understand. Don't lose hope please. Keep pushing. You'll have your big break
Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by gonkin(m): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2022
Miracood2:

270k monthly? I feel ur pain bro..

Keep applying..

I need more links to get applications. Screening is easy and fun but not getting there after being successful through all stages is a killer. I need more applications
Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by nuel000: 11:22am On Jan 14, 2022
All I can say is never give up. Keep pushing you'll get there
Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by bitbillionaire: 11:46am On Jan 14, 2022
What is yours will come to you at the right time. Stay positive and determined.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by AgentGoat: 11:49am On Jan 14, 2022
Comrade, The Almighty Allah will provide for you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by 0Plurse: 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2022
God knows what is best, and will do what is best for you bro. I used to believe I would find it difficult in getting a job because I have zero connection and come from a very humble background. Finished service last year November and got a job this month out of about 80 applicants, where less than 10 were selected after Aptitude test, Interview and Medicals.
In essence, put your hope in God and keep pushing sir, may God ease our affairs.

2 Likes

Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by Samo1122(m): 1:07pm On Jan 14, 2022
There is a reason for everything, I believe that God has a better offer for you very soon.
Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by KulHeadedHuman: 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2022
Don't stop pushing bro, I got to an advanced stage with nnpc about two years back but didn't get the job. I was equally depressed so I know how it feels.
Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by Goalsniper: 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2022
Hmmmm
Keep on being positive bro.
I have gotten an offer letter from Eko Atlantic for me to resume in a months time only for their director to call me to apologize that the management has stopped any recruitment immediately cos of buhari policy immediately he assumed office.
What can not kill you will definitely make you strong.
But if you can still gate crash to try your luck sha. You can never tell.
Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by Ulunne777(f): 5:13pm On Jan 14, 2022
KulHeadedHuman:
Don't keep pushing bro, I got to an advanced stage with nnpc about two years back but didn't get the job. I was equally depressed so I know how it feels.

me too.It was one of the depressing periods of my life.

1 Like

Re: Almost Got There Now I'm Depressed Cuz I Didn't by newmoney133: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2022
I understand what you are going through. I was in your shoes too years back. I travelled from Lagos to kano for the interview.it was my first time in kano.i suffered no be small.following month i was called to choose a location between two states.i went about buying suits.Any time i called the hr number they will tell me i should be patient not knowing they have successfully replaced my name with another.Dont worry .God will make a way for you.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Npower Batch C Stream2 / Top 9 Micro Jobs Sites And Apps To Earn Extra Money In Nigeria / Chevron Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.