Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,086 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Who Is Oshun, Olokun And Yemaha..who Are They - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Is Oshun, Olokun And Yemaha..who Are They (331 Views)

Interesting Benefits of Aje Olokun and Esu Odara in Yoruba Culture / Olokun Worship is Indigenous 2 benins but some others were borrowed from yorubas / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Oshun, Olokun And Yemaha..who Are They by IsaacNewton869: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2022
Plz guys I'm really confused about this our orishas in Yoruba land and I really want someone that has an adequate knowledge about these orishas Should us enlighten we young ones so that we can share the story to our kids too, thanks

Now my first questions is Who are they, how did they come into existence, I mean those goddess of water like olokun, oshun, ọba, oya and yemaya, how do they get their power, and when did God even created them, coz they are not in the Bible, and when i read about them online, they said God send them to this world to create humanity, according to what i ready, they are 17 but I only have interest in those one I mentioned, and besides, are they falling angels, do they work for God or devil, if truly they work for God, why do they allow people to be worshipping them while some call them God ministers, why is it that it is only in Yoruba or in Nigeria they are worshipping them, and apart from them we still have other orishas in other countries like India, when I read about them, they also said God sent those deity to them to create humanity, now my question who do we want to believe now, or is that they are falling angels, PLz explain to me, I want to know about my culture So that I can boast of it in any place, there is still queen of coast, is that one too orishas coz we all know queen of coast is like a serpent that is trying to get every men to hell fire, destroy their life and future, and this same queen of coast is also a mermaid and those oshun, ọba AND oya, olokun, they are also a mermaid, half human being half fish, do they work with queen of coast, or Satan or they are truly God Ministers

I'm confused, I want to know about them, now my 2nd question is on others like Shango, obatala, and orunmila

Who are they too, even ifá, we all know God is the knowledge behind ifa, ifa Is very intelligent, now they call some of this orishas God of divination, and when you go to check your akosejaye they said you are from a particular orishá and you should go make sacrifices to it so that you can prosper, I'm just confused

How do those things come to existence, those orishá, is it God that created them or they were born to by human being, to oshun, where do they see their power, how can someone just jump and turn to River, imagine
Is there someone that still have that kind of power, like I'm really confused, plz help me pass this to front page ,I want everyone to say something on this, plz

And my last question, people worshipping those orishas like oshun, are they going to hell fire, coz God ask us not to now to any small god, now even if you are born again Christian going to church or you are a Muslim, I mean a Saint and you are facing some difficulties and they ask you to go your village to worship what your forefathers are doing, I mean to say Hi to the orishas or worship the orishas, and you serve as the iya osun, I mean its just an example plz don't quote me wrong, and you are saving people, helping people and you have even forget Jesus ans asa Muslim, you have forget Muhammed but you are doing good with the oshun stuff, people are coming to you while you heal them, when you die, are you going to hell fire while you didn't do bad, will the oshun fight for you Infront of Jesus that you do good, I'm confused plz

����������

(1) (Reply)

How To Copy Phone Contacts To Google Account / JUST-IN: Deposed Deji Of Akure Is Dead / Benue South: List Of Villages In Idoma Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.