Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' (23382 Views)

If You Don't Win Soul You Are Not A Christian? / Frank Edwards With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome (Photo) / Jesus Says "Love Your Enemy" Christians Say "Enemy Die By Fire" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Estellie: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2022
cliqtips:
Ignorance they say is a disease.

If you don't have a knowledge about something, it's better you ask questions to get enlightened.

No one is praying for a soul to die but the spirit of wickenedness in the body.

I know a church that the members even mention the names of people troubling them and pray for them to die by fire. Most of y’all pray for any ‘body’ fighting you and your family to die by fire. So which one una dey twist am now to spirit grin grin grin
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Estellie: 11:46am On Jan 16, 2022
grin grin grin
Jacksparrow7:
GOD is not a Simp.
Let my enemies die by fire, Amen
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by blaquebelle: 11:47am On Jan 16, 2022
To be honest, the killing of the first borns seems dicey to me. They were innocent souls sacrificed for what they knew nothing about cry Could it not have been possible that one of them would eventually rise up to be a great soldier for God?

kokomilala:
I think Frank is spiritually naive. Souls don't die. It's about being ruthless with the enemy. If anyone has experienced familial spiritual attack or bondage,they won't take spiritual warfare lightly. There are times when one has to be ruthless. Pharaoh wouldn't allow the Israelites go until God killed their first borns How about that?Even Robert Greene,in his book, 48 Laws of power ,said one has to crush one's enemies spiritually, physically etc.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Estellie: 11:48am On Jan 16, 2022
Confusion everywhere grin grin grin
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Odosgidigba(m): 11:50am On Jan 16, 2022
jollymizzle:
Lolz these my Christian "brethren" sef. Now HOW TO BECOME A CHRISTIAN 101: being a Christian is not a one time thing, the word Christian means christ-like and it's a full time job and because we are neither perfect nor omniscient, we need to learn everyday and put in the work daily. Now regarding your "enemies", a Christian should ask... What would Jesus do? Therein lies your answer to this very simple question.

JESUS will either forgive or kill.
I have come to realize in life that there is difference between an enemy and a murderer.
You can pray for your enemies but you see those murderers, it's better they die for you to live.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by insidenaijasblog: 11:51am On Jan 16, 2022
tolue42:
Seriously, some of this celebrities are ignorance self, it's the demonic spirit in them that need to die by fire...
Hmm well said, but do spirit die?
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Estellie: 11:51am On Jan 16, 2022
blaquebelle:
To be honest, the killing of the first borns seems dicey to me. They were innocent souls sacrificed for what they knew nothing about cry Could it not have been possible that one of them would eventually rise up to be a great soldier for God?

What about Job that lost he sons and daughters, even his workers died because God was trying to prove a point? grin
Those people life nor matter?
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by blaquebelle: 11:56am On Jan 16, 2022
l0uie:

But if my enemies killed me, they're going to heaven? Brethren I say unto thee, stop spewing hogwash.
The funny part is that this is very possible. Someone might use you to test the mights of their wickedness and then repent afterwards. Just ask Paul grin
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by blaquebelle: 11:57am On Jan 16, 2022
Estellie:
What about Job that lost he sons and daughters, even his workers died because God was trying to prove a point? grin
Those people life nor matter?

Exactly!!! They're too many instances of that to be comfortable with sad
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by blaquebelle: 12:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
cliqtips:
don't EVER tell me to stfu

If you can't make your comment without showing how rude you are, then you should keep it moving.

Back to your comment, and who told you that they are praying that should die literally ?

Your ignorance is oozing & smelling ....

To die can mean so many things apart from the literal meaning you know.

Brother I understand where you're coming from but I can also prove to you that some people intend for their enemies to actually die. I cannot count how many times I heard testimonies such as this, while growing up in MFM
" I prayed by fire and thunder of God and poured some anointing oil on the black cat at my window the other night. The next day, I got a call that my evil grandmother in the village had dropped dead. Praise the Lord!"
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by blaquebelle: 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
Since you admitted yourself that it "takes alot" to be Christlike then I guess you can also see that it infact makes us seem very strong rather than weak when we can obey this command
SmartPolician:
No part of the Bible makes us look like weaklings like the part that says we should love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us.. Matt 5:44. How on Earth does someone love their enemies? It takes a lot to be Christ-like.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by IbileIfe: 12:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
KillIgbohoN0W:
Before all this, why did God create a soul and allow it to have the option of wickedness?
Almighty God is democratic.
He is not a Dictator.
He gives us the rights to choose, discover different characters of human nature, learn, unlearn, relearn, form, reform and transform in the perfection of creation.

But it is written, the wicked shall not go unpunished.
For only the merciful shall obtain mercy.

The semon of our MESSIAH JESUS Christ is the best ministry for love, peace, prosperity and unity in the world.

Matthew 5: The Beatitudes

5 And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:

2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,

3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

25 Agree with thine adversary quickly, whiles thou art in the way with him; lest at any time the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison.

26 Verily I say unto thee, Thou shalt by no means come out thence, till thou hast paid the uttermost farthing.

27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

31 It hath been said, Whosoever shall put away his wife, let him give her a writing of divorcement:

32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

33 Again, ye have heard that it hath been said by them of old time, Thou shalt not forswear thyself, but shalt perform unto the Lord thine oaths:

34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.

41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by efficiencie(m): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
SilasIBB:
GOSPEL ARTIST, FRANT OGOCHUKWU EDWARDS, Popularly Know as Frank Edwards took to his Facebook page to Advocate for Love and Intercession, The Main Essence of CHRISTIANITY.

Read the post:

https://www.facebook.com/100044515986361/posts/469870891173440/?app=fbl

"Christ is interested in the Salvation Of the One you're Praying to die by fire."

See Reactions below:

More often than not humans are weapons and demons wield humans. Praying for humans to die in this case is a bad strategy because the demon could use another human. Instead of praying for a person to die deal with the demon and grow into the giant God has created you to be. In special cases where demons become the weapon and humans become the weilder that human has made himself or herself the target of destruction.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by salvation900l: 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
Because he has never received proper spiritual attack, so he might not understand meaning of die by fire.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Funkymode(m): 12:11pm On Jan 16, 2022
Frank Edward is right, I don't even pray for those who consider themselves my enemies to die or something bad should happen to them, I always pray to GOD to change their mind for good and think good of me, so we can both Rejoice in the Kingdom of GOD, I don't call people enemies, I just see them normal being, just that I don't like you, I don't hate you, simple!
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by nkemchineke: 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
Brother isright,if armed robbers enter ur house, and u have a gun, they kill ur first son, and they’re about to kill ur second son, will u shoot the armed robber? Or Willy be praying for his salvation?
Answer
Kingosytex:
He's right. We all are sons and daughters of the Most High, Christ admonished us to pray for even our enemies.

Jesus himself told his followers to pray for his enemies. “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,” (Matthew 5:43-44). He didn’t suggest we like them or ignore them but through our prayers, we bring them to the throne of God and bless them. And when we do, Matthew 5:45-48 says that we will be “... children of Your father in heaven.” In other words, obeying this commandment marks us as people related to God Almighty.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Henz81: 12:15pm On Jan 16, 2022
tolue42:
Seriously, some of this celebrities are ignorance self, it's the demonic spirit in them that need to die by fire...
Which demonic spirit in them? You are missing the point.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by denobaba: 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
tunjijones:
Some years ago, one of my subordinate that is a perpetual late comer to work went to church to start praying that God she kill me because I always gave her quarry anytime she comes late.

I was just laughing when I heard this. She was eventually dismissed from work cos of he nonchalant attitude toward work.

It's about 6 years ago and God has not killed me cos of her.
She must be a joker if she thought prayer was the only approach to the problem.

On the other hand, I hope you also engaged with her to find out what the issues were and how you could be of help beyond issuing queries.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by nkemchineke: 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
Aunty, let’s say u have a daughter, and a thief enters ur house and is about to rape ur daughter, and u remember u have a gun in ur room, will u bring out the gun and shoot him, or will ube praying.??
Answer? As there are physical enemies,so are they spiritual enemies.
NOETHNICITY:
I always laugh when I hear christians pray against thier enemies
Where is the forgiving spirit they alws yap about? We used to live close to one MFM church in Ketu. It's alws about 'fire and death' they spill aaaaallllllllllllll through the night depriving us of precious night rest.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by NWABUKA007(m): 12:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
Talk is cheap

He should be going out to preach the gospel
And praying for God to send labourers into field
An not making statements, he can't defend.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by l0uie(m): 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2022
blaquebelle:

The funny part is that this is very possible. Someone might use you to test the mights of their wickedness and then repent afterwards. Just ask Paul grin

That would be insane.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by sammirano: 12:22pm On Jan 16, 2022
See wicked christains. Na wa oo
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Frales6(f): 12:26pm On Jan 16, 2022
Rubbish! that's why some rush to repent after all the killings. God abeg no let any evil man eliminate me b4 repenting bcoz these evil people don't repent from their wickedness until their target dies. So na me go die, then you go repent abi? If them no wan repent, their evil go kill all of them.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by kokomilala(m): 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
@blaquebelle, well,I don't think so. From a neutral point of view,one may see it as having a posterity effect, but we are talking about an All-knowing God here; the Prescient God,who sees the beginning from the end, and the end from the beginning.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Jonah507(m): 12:32pm On Jan 16, 2022
KillIgbohoN0W:
Before all this, why did God create a soul and allow it to have the option of wickedness?

Na dis you go still complain if to say God create you and Him no give you options to choose wetin you want.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by djseanjohn77: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
The bible tells us that "we wrestle not against flesh and blood" but sincerely, our wrestling most times in Africa is against a perceived flesh and blood. Exodus 22:18-20 (Suffer not a witch to live). The same people that will quote this will reject many portion of the old testament that does not favor them, they will even say "behold old things are passed away, and all things have become new....and Jesus is the new covenant of God.
using that Jesus as the principle of GRACE..... He said, do not curse your enemy, rather pray for them. Romans 12:14 Bless those who persecute you. Matthew 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for them.

That enemy is just a tool in the hands of satan, rigth before a man is born, satan has detined to truncate his journey in life....so you will not end on God's side.....This has nothing to do with the riches of this world, but the riches of this world is part ofthe tool that satan uses to deceive and battle the soul that sees these things as their "entitled right", once we exalt the things of this world above God, as lifeline for our existence.

What will separate me from the love of Christ Romans 8:35-39?

What more do we need as a basis for our assertion or principle of faith. In our desperation to succeed in life, and live long....all these thoughts are generated, we want to outlive our perceived enemies.
Critically looking at it, we are somebody's enemy as well whether directly or indirectly if we like it or not. Somebody somewhere feels we are the reason for his or her misfortune, unsuccessful business, stagnancy, failure, denied promotion etc (we live in a country where everyone feels entitled to something as a blessing from God).

Since the day we have been praying for enemies to die, how many have died, and how many more are still living? Have we had that peace? ....Jesus didn't promise us that, our pastors confused us and promised us that.....The savior Himself said that........ John 16: 33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Acts 14:22
strengthening the souls of the disciples and encouraging them to continue in the faith. "We must endure many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said.

And what we do today or live today is not different from how evil people live. It became a battle of survival between us both....one party want to prove to the other that he will outlive them......each camp celebrating the demise of the other. That is not Christ. When Christ died, satan was celebrating, but the battle was won in death, he descended into hell and defeated satan collecting the key of death, that even though we may die, but we will be alive in Christ Jesus., that where he is, we also might be.

And as long as we live and abide in Jesus, though the evil doers exist, they are powerless before us, why should i then be afraid or curse or pray against these powers or enemies. We are simply afraid because we ourselves are nither cold nor warm....we have not rejected the works of satan, and we love the world and the things of the world more than God.
1 John 2:15 KJV: Love not the world, neither the things that .
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by tradepunter: 12:39pm On Jan 16, 2022
John 3:16 said it plain and simple...

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son... That who so ever believe in him should not perish but have everlasting life.

It's God desire for us to have everlasting life and not to die...

The old testament happened at different dispensation..

The holy spirit always came on the prophets then and would leave after the prophecy...

But we now have an everlasting mediator Jesus Christ, who's standing in the gap... He sent the comforter aka holy spirit to permanently be with us.

Lot of people will argue the word of God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Very very true

But the same word says LOVE is the greatest of them all... So if we poses the love our heavenly father have for us, we won't want them to perish but have everlasting life.

Like the BMCs on here my word for them is the evil they support will always return back to them.

This will surely happen if they don't change, I won't pray for them to die because of the Godly love.

But if they remain on that path, them law of karma will eventually take place... Which is do unto others what you want others to do unto you...

Meaning the law of karma is scriptural
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by somehow: 12:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
Demons don't die you ignorant "religious" people.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Otuegbe: 12:44pm On Jan 16, 2022
U can pray anything u like, doesn't matter.
God is the one that makes prayers to happen.
You can make noise from morning till dawn in the name of die die . God will not even notice you.
If you have been praying for millions since you were born and nothing is happening, how come you now believe that because you shouted die by fire ,one imaginary enemy will die.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by BoverLY: 12:48pm On Jan 16, 2022
TooMuchStuff:
Death to stubborn pursuers
Death to all frenemies
Death to all terrorists
Death to all witches and wizards
Death to all evil politicians killing us in Nigeria

So when all these people are dead.
You wey holy. That u never lie or sin. Only u will live.

Fool of yur century..
God can't be human.
Re: Frank Edwards: 'Jesus Is Interested In That Soul You Are Praying To Die By Fire' by Kylce042(m): 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2022
SilasIBB:
GOSPEL ARTIST, FRANT OGOCHUKWU EDWARDS, Popularly Know as Frank Edwards took to his Facebook page to Advocate for Love and Intercession, The Main Essence of CHRISTIANITY.

Read the post:

https://www.facebook.com/100044515986361/posts/469870891173440/?app=fbl

"Christ is interested in the Salvation Of the One you're Praying to die by fire."

See Reactions below:

This is what the LORD says: "About midnight I will go throughout Egypt. Every firstborn son in Egypt will die, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sits on the throne, to the firstborn of the slave girl, who is at her hand mill, and all the firstborn of the cattle as well. Well i guess Jesus wasn’t interested in any of the souls . Now i decree that anything distracting him from making good Christian songs dies by fire amen ��. Focus on your music and depart from what you don’t fully understand. And you that is firing don’t be deceived, keep firing and if your faith is not strong enough to make a kill with one shot then fire rapidly one fire must touch whatever that is plaguing your life. Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? / Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks" / David Ibiyeomie: If You Don’t Pay Tithe, You Are A Criminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.