Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,111 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

State And Religion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State And Religion (841 Views)

Entitlements Of Former Heads Of State And Presidents / Would Nigeria Have Been Better With Only One Tribe And Religion? / Lagos Politics And Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

State And Religion by Gamine(f): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2007
Whut has religion got to do wiv politics?

Whut has politics to do with Religion?

Im convinced that Christianity should play a great deal in politics

but really is it of any use, ??

Would christians who go into politics be converted into corrupt players too??

or Will this be the beginning of salvation for Nigeria.
Re: State And Religion by BABEELOVE(f): 10:14pm On Jul 30, 2007
Thank you Gamine!!! It was really getting boring around here!!! All the "great" people have left and uninteresting topics are everywhere! This is so refreshing.

I disagree though! There are too many religions in any given country. So when you invite religion into politics, education and any other institution, you are inviting trouble. Is christianity the only religion in Nigeria for example?
Re: State And Religion by Gamine(f): 2:40pm On Jul 31, 2007
Christainity isnt the only one
but its the major one

Churches make soo much these days

if this wealth is harnessed well

Nigeria can get a frickn FaceLift

I just feel the churches should do more for the nation

the way the churches r groomed that can be taken into the political lanscape too!
Re: State And Religion by BABEELOVE(f): 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2007
It may be the main one depending on where you live.  I am not a christian and would not like somebody else's religious beliefs shoved down my throat in other aspects of my life.  Let there be separation of church and state.  There are many religious buildings in every street corner in Nigeria.  Let them work their miracle for Nigeria from there.  If people cannot practice what they learned from the church or mosque or whatever the buildings they worship from, I do not think it will make a difference if it incoporated in politics.  The main problem is lack of discipline and lawlessness.

That is just opening more room for religious conflicts and riots all over Nigeria.  I think we should focus on Law and Order with strengtening the judicial system and re-modelling the Police force to do their jobs properly in Nigeria.  Religion is not the answer.  You can imagine if someone like the well known "Reverend King" has some political clout  Or some Sharia law in politics You can only imagine what fanatical state we would be in now with killings and all types of scandals all over the place in the name of religious beliefs!!!
Re: State And Religion by Gamine(f): 3:18pm On Jul 31, 2007
No

its not a matter of forcing pple to follow Jesus

its a matter of Infusing the Ethics and Morals of Christain living into
our political situation.

there r always Flys in pples Soups

Rev Kiing was one of em

u fail to remember that the Ten commandments is much of whut our present 'Law and Order" is based on.
So these religious pple shld hav postions in politics where they cld uphold this laws
Re: State And Religion by BABEELOVE(f): 3:23pm On Jul 31, 2007
Gamine:

No

its not a matter of forcing people to follow Jesus

its a matter of Infusing the Ethics and Morals of Christain living into
our political situation.

there r always Flys in pples Soups

Rev Kiing was one of em

u fail to remember that the Ten commandments is much of whut our present 'Law and Order" is based on.
So these religious people shld hav postions in politics where they cld uphold this laws

Can't do that.  It will not work anywhere in the world, not to talk of Nigeria. Instead of doing their jobs, they will spend time looking for converts.  I say it is too risky.  So we are not thrown into a kind of cult without knowing it!  Remember the story of Jim Jones?
Re: State And Religion by Gamine(f): 4:59pm On Jul 31, 2007
ooh well

i know it cld work!

(1) (Reply)

Greedy Bastaaaaaaaaaard- Alamieyeseigha Forfeits N474m / Let Have A New Way Of Thinking / Politics Of Kidnapping In Niger Delta: Ethnicity, Juju, Money, Drugs, Gun Reign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.