Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants (28182 Views)

"We Are Too Much In UK Thats Why Light Went Off" Nigerian Man Says (video) / US Now Seeking Social Media Details From All Visa Applicants / Drop Box Visa Applicants Say U.S. Is Revoking And Cancelling Valid Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by sleemoon(m): 8:05am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

What is dis one saying bayii again? Use Waec to enter UK school as Par UK na capital of Nigeria… do u even know what Waec stands for? I’m not sure they even accept that nonsense exam in SA self u are talking about UK… that nonsense exam na only west African countries abeg

Baba go and check..Most UK Institution now Accepts WAEC English language as ur module for English... Please be informed... Na only in a rare case a University in UK ll ask u for IELTS... I dun fill Form For MSc in UK nd na WAEC i use

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by sleemoon(m): 8:11am On Jan 16, 2022
LegendHero:

Lol they accept WAEC for undergrad in the UK. WAEC is not all that useless nao haba.

USA accept WAEC too and most schools also require SAT.

They accept for Postgraduate too...mk d guy do research abeg

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by eskimoeze: 8:13am On Jan 16, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! A lot of Nigerians speak English fluently? With all our horrible Nigerianisms like "paying installmentally" or "do something for me"? There is no word like "installmentally"! But 99% of Nigerians will "pay installmentally" and believe they are 100% correct.

By the way, its "pay in installments"
>: grin grin ; that's the truth.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by fasho01(m): 8:20am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

What is dis one saying bayii again? Use Waec to enter UK school as Par UK na capital of Nigeria… do u even know what Waec stands for? I’m not sure they even accept that nonsense exam in SA self u are talking about UK… that nonsense exam na only west African countries abeg

He is actually saying the fact. Yes with waec you can get admission to several UK schools without having to take ielts

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by legionISproteus: 8:23am On Jan 16, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Did they force them to apply?
Yes
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Highways: 8:35am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

Yes you can use WAEC to cover English and get admission in UK school... Don't even argue it again because you will look like a fool to us

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by CoolAmbience(m): 8:42am On Jan 16, 2022
LegendHero:
For USA, you don’t actually need IELTS or TOEFL like that coz there are many universities that recognize Nigeria as an English speaking country.

I’m pretty sure there will be schools in the UK and Canada too that does the same thing.

But honestly this IELTS/TOEFL need to be scrapped for Nigerians. We were taught in English in our schools so I don’t know why we have to test on English again.

However no be only Naija dey write IELTS, so we can’t tell them to stop the exam we can only tell them to exempt Nigerians.

Lol.

When I hear talks to the effect that Nigerians are taught in English language, hence should not write IELTS or any other International English testing exams....I just laugh.

How many Nigerians really sabi write and speak English language fluently?

We should start telling ourselves the truth in this country. Do we think foreigners aren't seeing the 'nonsense' we write on public forums and the rest?

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by ZiggyMr(m): 8:48am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

When you don't know you ask or better shut up
Very simple

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Okunga: 9:05am On Jan 16, 2022
They are all criminal especially Dipo… Using our failed educational system to rip people online and offline all for hopes of greener pastures.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by LegacyB: 9:28am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

Yes it is allowed. Please do your research. As far as you make up to C6.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Seunelvis(m): 9:34am On Jan 16, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Don't mind those people, I got admission to the university of Queensland, Australia using Neco, the only addition is, I was required to do foundation courses for 3 weeks then moved to Australia to start.
If you want to keep secret from African put it in books/written, nobody will read it. The first thing anyone seeking admission should do is to go to the international students link on the schools' website, there you will see requirements that are country specific and choose Nigeria and see other English qualifications they accept other than IELTS and TOEFEL. C'est fini.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Prechy08(m): 9:42am On Jan 16, 2022
If you know you are not ready to use IELTS score for anything why write the exam. Everyone knows it's valid for only 2years.

It's just like going to take TB screening because it's a criteria to Japa knowing after 6months it expires.

UK govt have criteria for immigration, if IELTS is one of them, you have to write it simple.
No go write IELTS without a plan it is not for bragging rights

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by musicwriter(m): 9:51am On Jan 16, 2022
The rule of thumb is that any relationship ENGLAND has with any so called former colony is for the purpose of exploitation, no matter how good it may look.
The purpose as it has always been since 1600 is to exploit.
The whole purpose of your education is to train you to act as a conduit to that exploitation.

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by pacespot(m): 10:00am On Jan 16, 2022
If the IELTS is really meant to test English language proficiency, why does it have an expiry date. If your language proficiency has been tested and certified, do you lose such proficiency in a later date? These people are just fraudsters, there are so many ways you can legalize fraud in today's world.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nyanabo(m): 10:01am On Jan 16, 2022
kayuseful:
Do you have to sit ielts to gain admission to UK schools?
No
Except perhaps you didn't pass English in waec, in which case, it's justifiable

Not in all case. Some will tell you explicitly they don't accept any test in English apart from the ones they listed.

They would also tell you they don't recognize then English waec or they university English course as enough proof of proficiency.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by doggedfighter(f): 10:15am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

See how you are brazenly showcasing ignorance on a public forum. undecided
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Jman06(m): 10:38am On Jan 16, 2022
If you are applying for a PG program, get your university to write a testament that you were taught in English during your undergrad study, apply to a university that doesn't require IELTS and damn the bleeping test! Simple
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by vandersave: 10:40am On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

If only i was president. Diplomatic relations with other countries would have been based on reciprocity. British and Canadian experts including Diplomatic staff should be made to write the Exam before getting visas to Nigeria.

God bless you!

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by anayolity: 10:48am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

Guy don't cap like senselessly, I know people who gained admission to UK universities using NECO results , if you know no something abeg ask questions, nobody Sabi pass, nah learn we dey learn
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by LaJoe2: 11:05am On Jan 16, 2022
ugom123:

They are using that to reduce the number of people who will show interest to leave. The demand to leave Nigeria is very high. They are not the ones who forced us to keep electing useless leaders. And they arent the ones who said we should continue to run a useless constitution

Does it have to be at a cost to Nigerians? Its not in their place to reduce number of Nigerian immigrants, its in the host country's place to do so; Canada already has a quota for number of immigrants coming into their Country, they're not foolish. Whether you pass IELTS or not, they will still have to pick you from a pool of applications. Is it IELTS that offered Nigerians immigration opportunities?...IELTS are just more or less an intermediary, but they know what they are doing. The business goes on, but it won't be my money. I rather use that money buy new tyre for my car or chop Chinese dey thank GOD for his provision. Where GOD say make i go, na in i go dey.

Shalom!��
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Starz825(m): 11:08am On Jan 16, 2022
If you know your travelling isn't sure...
Don't sit for IELTS yet...

No be say you go go sit for exams come pass..and you aren't ready to use it till it expires...

Since the system is exploitative, then be wise!!

1 Like

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by GENTLETEE(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2022
Their end is near!
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by pedrilo: 11:19am On Jan 16, 2022
They're ripping us off.
Yahoo Yahoo
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Jasonteague(m): 11:19am On Jan 16, 2022
Sheggy13:

The guy is partially right. We Nigerians are treated poorly out there because even our leaders don't value us and treat us badly. How can you explain a body like National Universities Commission (NUC) making Communication in English a compulsory GST/GNS course in the University when we had been taught in English as the language of instruction all our ife and had to get a credit pass in English in SSCE and take English exam compulsorily as one of the four UTME subjects before being given admission into the same University? NUC is indirectly saying they don't trust our English language proficiency despite passing the English exams at both SSCE and UTME. Why then do you expect foreign bodies like IELTS and TOEFL to trust our proficiency?

If University of Ibadan can tell their graduate's to write an English proficiency exam to gain admission to study a master's degree. Then I don't blame this people. Imaging a school where I was taught in English. I did many presentations to demonstrate my speaking skills, wrote project, assignments and exams to demonstrate my writing and reading skills. Took notes in class and seminars to demonstrate my listening skills. And after graduating from the school with second class upper, I was told to come display these skills in one stupid exam before I can pursue a master's degree.

Is that not a shame.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by baajetu(m): 11:21am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

you don’t know anything, learn before you comment, we used waec result as evidence of proficiency in English for my wife’s masters in the uk, and we are all moving with our kid next week.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by taiwotosho22(m): 11:26am On Jan 16, 2022
Nozino:

Next time, do your own research and shut up.
What are you talking about!
Waec is recognised not only in UK, US, Canada but almost all advanced countries in the world. Even Neco is universally accepted. Do your research.
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by erenax: 11:34am On Jan 16, 2022
Jman06:
If you are applying for a PG program, get your university to write a testament that you were taught in English during your undergrad study, apply to a university that doesn't require IELTS and damn the bleeping test! Simple
Are you a pharmacist?
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Kfed4ril(m): 11:38am On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

Lol
If you don’t use waec,, what then do you use to gain admission in the UK from Nigeria?
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Impecca(m): 11:43am On Jan 16, 2022
Seunelvis:

Lol, Waec is a standard English proficiency requirement in UK schools. I got admission into Coventry University London, Birkbeck University, and two other using Wassce/Neco not WAEC ooo. Neco!.
Was it on scholarship? How did u manage to sponsor yourself? Cos I almost got admitted to University of Plymouth but chickened out after seeing bills
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Cypherhendrix(m): 12:12pm On Jan 16, 2022
Sarmiz24:

You are wrong boss
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nozino: 12:33pm On Jan 16, 2022
taiwotosho22:

What are you talking about!
Waec is recognised not only in UK, US, Canada but almost all advanced countries in the world. Even Neco is universally accepted. Do your research.

Are you sure you quoted the right person??
Re: IELTS: UK Money-Spinning Venture Rips Off Nigerian Visa Applicants by Nozino: 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2022
wabbyland:
good morning. Kindly explain better on the WES ECA. I'm just getting to know about it. +2347085510075 on WhatsApp please.

What would you like to know sir?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman Escapes Death As Van Somersaults, Explodes (photo) / FG Orders Deportation Of 36 Indians, Two Koreans (names) / Container Falls At Toyota Bus-stop, Apapa-oshodi Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.