Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria (20239 Views)

2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? / Ibrahim Babangida Speaks On 2019 Elections / Babangida Speaks Up: I Don’t Want 4 More Years Of APC CHANGE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:59am On Jan 15, 2022
Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), former military head of state, says the ideal president for Nigeria in 2023 should not be as old as he is.

He said this in an interview with Daily Trust TV.

When asked about his choice of president in 2023, 80-year-old IBB responded saying: “It is not who do I have in mind but who fits in”.

“Any person who fits in within these criteria, then he is the right person as long as he is a Nigerian; he is a politician, he is not old like I am; he is very conversant with the country, he communicates, he is a very good communicator,” he said.

“He should be able to communicate because a president should be able to walk into a group of people and talk to them on issues concerning Nigeria; not all the time but most of the time.

“He must have somebody he knows in every part of the country. It is not a tall order.

“You could limit it to states, you could limit it to local governments even to the wards if you can but somebody such that once you hear the name, it is somebody you will say, yes, I have heard that name before either in the country or in his profession; if he is a doctor, a journalist or whatever, all areas, we have heard the name before; okay then I will make an effort to know more about him.”

On whether he sees such a person among the current political office holders, he said he believes the process will take care of that.

“Within the process, of those people you mentioned now, there are people who could fit into this category and I believe the process can take care of that,” he said.

The former head of state also spoke about his decision not to remarry after the death of Maryam Babangida, his wife.

She died at the age of 61 on December 27, 2009, after battling ovarian cancer for years.

IBB said he stayed unmarried to honour his late wife.

“The media still snoop around me, they should have known. I haven’t. It is a matter of choice; I decided to honour her by being not a bachelor but being unmarried,” he said.

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerias-ideal-president-should-not-be-as-old-as-i-am-says-ibb/amp

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Ebubu: 11:00am On Jan 15, 2022
Why does Babangida always like to disqualify strong Yoruba men cry

From Abiola in 1993 to Tinubu in 2023 cheesy

And just like yesterday, Babangida will win again. cry

Yoruba Ronu angry

103 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by FairlyUSEDpussy: 11:01am On Jan 15, 2022
As if they will support the YOUTH........if they came out as CANDIDATES.....

Hypocritical old fools......

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Anigreat: 11:01am On Jan 15, 2022
shocked

But sir, they're trying to force a man older than you on us, even when it's obvious that majority of the people do not want him but they're trying to forced the rotten teeth , frog eyes , drug baron Pablo Escobar of south western Nigeria on us. cry

Imagine what they want to package and give to Nigerians, just imagine. We are yet to recover from the destructive administration of that thing from Daura, which is going to take a longer period of time before we fully recovered

As that wasn't enough, they're packaging a legendary old thief , a man who ruined Lagos completely, by looting the state unashamedly dry and flaunting the loots on their very eyes. Still, this is the man the youth in particular are canvassing for.

Like are you people cursed or what?

122 Likes 17 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by ChangetheChange: 11:04am On Jan 15, 2022
grin grin grin
Shots fired at Tinubu

87 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Maxymilliano(m): 11:04am On Jan 15, 2022
We know those that are as old as IBB but claiming 60 ...

83 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Kingpin1000: 11:12am On Jan 15, 2022
Ebubu:
Why does Babangida always like to disqualify strong Yoruba men cry

From Abiola in 1993 to Tinubu in 2023 cheesy

And just like yesterday, Babangida will win again. cry

Yoruba Ronu angry

Is He lying.. why vote for an ancient man who is archaic in reasoning.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by ChangetheChange: 11:23am On Jan 15, 2022
grin grin grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by kponkedenge(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2022
Most Nigerians don't have sense.... there are a lot of young vibrant and capable hands to pilot this country ahead. Yet they are looking for people that have been in politics before democracy came to Nigeria.

After another 8 years of suffering, I was thinking sense would have entered some Nigerians.... But I was wrong.

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Original4u1617: 11:25am On Jan 15, 2022
The site is good for those who want Ghana girlfriend
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Emu4life(m): 11:25am On Jan 15, 2022
Shots fired by IBB
Nigerians should not vote anyone who's got 60+ years old daughter. That's not longer a grand father, that's an ancestor grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by 7pages(m): 11:26am On Jan 15, 2022
This man is part of those that destroy this country hope of development and they're still on the political decision, deciding for this country

IBB and others are the reason me and you can't enjoy the benefit of being a citizens of the most populous nation with abundant resources and we are still applauding them and listening to these evil men

Nigeria youths have failed the next generation. Military still decide the Democratic settings of this country and we expect true practice of democracy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Nwaezeudo: 11:26am On Jan 15, 2022
Baba call name na grin

But we all know he's referring to the brown teeth Chicago drug lord!

The current calamity in Aso rock will be hundred times better than the Iragibiji vegetable some goons are packaging for 2023

Truly Nigerians mumu never do las las!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by tollyboy5(m): 11:26am On Jan 15, 2022
grin lobatan!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by KEVIND: 11:26am On Jan 15, 2022
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Power should go the the SE even though i am from the SS.
The formula the stakeholders use in bringing OBJ to power in 1999 should be adopted now.

For those who don't know what transpired in 1999.
Obasanjo was released from prison after serving 3 years.
He was brought in to contest just 8 months after he was released from prison against all odds.
Moreso, due to the accumulated tension in the SW as a result of the annulment of June 12 & the death of Abiola. The power brockers decided to calm the situation & compensate the SW by choosing a Yoruba man to lead Nigeria.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by pinkPUSSY(f): 11:26am On Jan 15, 2022
Any person who fits in within these criteria, then he is the right person as long as he is a Nigerian; he is a politician, he is not old like I am;

They will come after Babangida, or they will tag him IPOB grin grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by God1000(m): 11:26am On Jan 15, 2022
I hope this will ring bell in tinubu's head

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by ogologoamu: 11:27am On Jan 15, 2022
They want an ancestor to continue ruling them.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by RichDad1(m): 11:28am On Jan 15, 2022
Stfu.
Aren’t you one of those that push us into this quagmire?
Nonsense fraudster trying to claim saint.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Abbey090(m): 11:28am On Jan 15, 2022
IBB no get moral justification to discuss on issues like this;Yoruba Ronu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by yusluvad(m): 11:28am On Jan 15, 2022
Ghen Ghen
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by mach7(m): 11:29am On Jan 15, 2022
Well IBB is free to air his mind.

But then, none of the candidates who have presented themselves to vie for office are as old as he is. Neither is the incumbent who is already as old as he is, intending to continue in office.

So what exactly is his point on the age thing?

Baba should relax. undecided
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by RichDad1(m): 11:29am On Jan 15, 2022
kponkedenge:
Most Nigerians don't have sense.... there are a lot of young vibrant and capable hands to pilot this country ahead. Yet they are looking for people that have been in politics before democracy came to Nigeria.

After another 8 years of suffering, I was thinking sense would have entered some Nigerians.... But I was wrong.
Oga leave story. Mention one serious candidate thats a youth. Let support.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by sammyj: 11:29am On Jan 15, 2022
grin grin grin I guess this is a crypto message to Bola Ahmed Tinubu and his supporters grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by SarkinYarki: 11:29am On Jan 15, 2022
Tinubu campaign come and take your sub

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Abbey090(m): 11:29am On Jan 15, 2022
You are free to contest as well ,IBB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Honor10: 11:29am On Jan 15, 2022
KEVIND:
[s][/s]What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Power should go the the SE even though i am from the SS.
The formula the stakeholders use in bringing OBJ to power in 1999 should be adopted now[s][/s].

You guys should keep quiet and stop spreading falsehood.

What nonsense formula?

1999, was not microzone to the SW, it was zone to the East, that's why OBJ, Olu falae, and Ekwueme contested, and OBJ defeated all of them.

It was not just given to SW, and it will not just be given to SE in 2023, they either push thier candidate to contest or they can continue crying.

Starboy 2023

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by RedEnergy: 11:30am On Jan 15, 2022
grin Please how old is Atiku again? Tinubu is 69 yrs old, Atiku is 75 yrs old, yet some people don't have a problem with Atiku becoming President. Ok grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buratai Takes 6.5km Walk With Olympic Committee:pic / Photo Of Osinbajo With Students Of Igbobi College Yaba, Lagos / Malami: Group Holds Press Conference Against Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.