Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria (20264 Views)

2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? / Ibrahim Babangida Speaks On 2019 Elections / Babangida Speaks Up: I Don’t Want 4 More Years Of APC CHANGE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by tolaswim: 1:09pm On Jan 15, 2022
Ebubu:
Why does Babangida always like to disqualify strong Yoruba men cry

From Abiola in 1993 to Tinubu in 2023 cheesy

And just like yesterday, Babangida will win again. cry

Yoruba Ronu angry
You are talking nonsense....You better think before you talk...
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by techWriter3: 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2022
I know this is a encryption letter to Bola Ahmed politicians and his backers
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Ijoba85: 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2022
Any president can be as old as anything , it doesn't matter at all, look at American presidents past and present except maybe Obama , they are always old , and that doesn't stop them from performing their duties diligently..I hear the noise of youth presidency alone all the time but what if the youth has no wisdom or intelligence in ruling a nation ? Some youth cannot even rule their homes -wife and kids well, small wahala, it's divorce. Anyone who cannot manage the affairs of his home well cannot manage a nation well. Let's remove age factor , we need wisdom, intelligence and the fear of God to rule a nation as big as our own.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Franking: 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2022
Ebubu:

Yoruba Ronu angry

Tinubu kee u there.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by YorubaKing: 1:22pm On Jan 15, 2022
Ebubu:

Yoruba Ronu angry

Baba, STFU! Just cuz of Yoruba ronu, make dem go carry / package a known Thug, druggie, murderer, Looter, Saboteur, criminal etc... for us, abi?,

Do you how decadence has been lost since that rogue assume leadership in Lagos? Thugs and crooks freely roam and operate without fear. They wreck havoc as they wish since they've got their daddy at the helm.

Look, I be Yoruba to the core and love my Yoruba culture but, I think we should be objective and STOP thinking thru our asse.s here.

Tinubu won't do it, abeg. This guy is a rogue! Simple. angry

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jan 15, 2022
Tinubu would be 90years old in 2 months time.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by mach7(m): 1:37pm On Jan 15, 2022
kponkedenge:

I can run.... and would do a better job than most of these Grandpas.... I just need a platform... that's all.
Good, but nobody will just dash you a platform. You will need to join a viable party and go through the process. Few youths are committed to undertaking such journey.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by zomby(m): 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Ebubu:

Yoruba Ronu angry
What exactly do you expect from a man that can’t answer the following basic questions??
1. His true age UNKNOWN
2. The name of his secondary school UNKNOWN
3. The name of his university UNKNOWN
4. Source of wealth UNKNOWN
5. Where in Nigeria he's from UNKNOWN

Just remember that 0 + 0 = 0
I think Nigerians are smarter today than yesterday; Tinubu will not lead this nation.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by mach7(m): 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
tonididdy:

If I say I want Don Jazzy as president, doesn't mean Don jazzy will be willing to contest.

We will wait for credible candidates with a good portfolio...and surely they will come ... Until then Tinubu should go back to his retirement home.
Keep waiting.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by wink2015(m): 1:41pm On Jan 15, 2022
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin
Shots fired at Tinubu

He is also making reference to Atiku.

Infact both Atiku and Tinubu.

Even Osinbanjo is also very old.

Can "t we have a President in the age of Sowore and Yul Edochie !
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Injera(f): 1:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
KEVIND:
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Power should go the the SE even though i am from the SS.
The formula the stakeholders use in bringing OBJ to power in 1999 should be adopted now.

For those who don't know what transpired in 1999.
Obasanjo was released from prison after serving 3 years.
He was brought in to contest just 8 months after he was released from prison against all odds.
Moreso, due to the accumulated tension in the SW as a result of the annulment of June 12 & the death of Abiola. The power brockers decided to calm the situation & compensate the SW by choosing a Yoruba man to lead Nigeria.
Should be very clear to ibos by now that it will take a supernatural intervention for an ibo man to rule. among other reasons they are distrusted by all tribes. No one like a bully and ibos even among themselves are bullies. An egonomaniac tribe of people with an in your face superiority complex . Nobody likes you and nobody wants you. Ask yourself have you truly seen any SS person drumming support for you? For you and I know that you an ibo man
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Injera(f): 1:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
zomby:

What exactly do you expect from a man that can’t answer the following basic questions??
1. His true age UNKNOWN
2. The name of his secondary school UNKNOWN
3. The name of his university UNKNOWN
4. Source of wealth UNKNOWN
5. Where in Nigeria he's from UNKNOWN

Just remember that 0 + 0 = 0
I think Nigerians are smarter today than yesterday; Tinubu will not lead this nation.
So is any ibo man
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by Electrochemistry(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2022
We ought to be able to decide for ourselves the right person for us based on our recent experience of havoc in the country. We should not forget in a hurry the extreme hardship that we have been through from the turn of this fraudulent administration to this day. The terrible ordeal that has sent many innocent Nigerians to early graves ought not to be forgotten like that. At this stage of our democracy, we should not be blindfolded by fraudulent campaign promises, electoral bribe or tribal sentiment. We need a capable leader (full of vitality and energy) who can deliver the dividend of democracy to Nigerians irrespective of tribe or ethnicity. We strongly need to get things right now so that we won't find ourselves in another messy state or to once again subject our little lifetime to undeserved hardship.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by RolexOfGeneva(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
RedEnergy:
grin Please how old is Atiku again? Tinubu is 69 yrs old, Atiku is 75 yrs old, yet some people don't have a problem with Atiku becoming President. Ok grin
Atiku has not lied about his age. His honesty is one of the things that has given him massive support from Nigerians. Tinubu's age is fake. He is obviously older than ATIKU.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by zomby(m): 2:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
Injera:

So is any ibo man
Ibo man for where?? Abeg!

It is all about Oshibajo..
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by zomby(m): 2:16pm On Jan 15, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

Atiku has not lied about his age. His honesty is one of the things that has given him massive support from Nigerians. Tinubu's age is fake. He is obviously older than ATIKU.
Ok, Atiku may not have lied about his age, but he has lied about many other things.

No presidential position for a fellow (Atiku) that wants to sell the entire country to his friends and China.
We need a president that has wisdom, skills and creative enough to move us forward.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by emmykk(m): 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2022
mach7:
Well IBB is free to air his mind.

But then, none of the candidates who have presented themselves to vie for office are as old as he is. Neither is the incumbent who is already as old as he is, intending to continue in office.

So what exactly is his point on the age thing?

Baba should relax. undecided

IBB that said so are you as intelligent than him in Nigerian politics or you think he carelessly chose those line of words.

Tinubu should go and rest let him project his direct son.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by TheSameGuy(m): 2:23pm On Jan 15, 2022
This Nairalanders are making me laugh
Hypocrites grin

Is Tinubu older than Atiku grin
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by mrkia(m): 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2022
Ipob best adviser has put forth his advice to them ooo! Rubbish undecided
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by InoGetJoy: 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2022
RedEnergy:
grin Please how old is Atiku again? Tinubu is 69 yrs old, Atiku is 75 yrs old, yet some people don't have a problem with Atiku becoming President. Ok grin
So you really believe that fossil is 69 years old?
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by InoGetJoy: 2:49pm On Jan 15, 2022
mach7:
Good, but nobody will just dash you a platform. You will need to join a viable party and go through the process. Few youths are committed to undertaking such journey.
Because these old men don't give us chance
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by RolexOfGeneva(m): 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2022
zomby:

Ok, Atiku may not have lied about his age, but he has lied about many other things.

No presidential position for a fellow (Atiku) that wants to sell the entire country to his friends and China.
We need a president that has wisdom, skills and creative enough to take us to a higher level.
See how you are talking like an illiterate. How is it possible to sell a country?
Tell me one country in history that has been sold before?
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by KEVIND: 2:57pm On Jan 15, 2022
Injera:

Should be very clear to ibos by now that it will take a supernatural intervention for an ibo man to rule. among other reasons they are distrusted by all tribes. No one like a bully and ibos even among themselves are bullies. An egonomaniac tribe of people with an in your face superiority complex . Nobody likes you and nobody wants you. Ask yourself have you truly seen any SS person drumming support for you? For you and I know that you an ibo man

I know that's what you'll say but i don't care. The truth must be told.
You said no SS person is drumming support for Igbo presidency. Okay, Maybe Edwin Clark & Asari dukubo are also Igbos for supporting them.
All this illiterates that cannot think outside their nose & region.
2023: It’s time for Igbo presidency, says Clark
https://punchng.com/2023-its-time-for-igbo-presidency-says-clark/

2023: Why South East must produce president – Asari Dokubo.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/2023-why-south-east-must-produce-president-asari-dokubo/
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by tonididdy(m): 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2022
mach7:
Keep waiting.
It's only January 2022 bloda
Before March and April we should know more credible candidates.

As for tinibu, again I say forget it... He stands no chance.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by kraftysprouts: 3:30pm On Jan 15, 2022
No one cares about your choice coupist
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by lexy2014: 3:47pm On Jan 15, 2022
RichDad1:

Oga leave story. Mention one serious candidate thats a youth. Let support.

The constitution
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by lexy2014: 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2022
zomby:

We need a president that has wisdom, skills and creative enough to take us to a higher level.

Who will do that?
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by lexy2014: 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2022
Ijoba85:
Any president can be as old as anything , it doesn't matter at all, look at American presidents past and present except maybe Obama , they are always old , and that doesn't stop them from performing their duties diligently..I hear the noise of youth presidency alone all the time but what if the youth has no wisdom or intelligence in ruling a nation ? Some youth cannot even rule their homes -wife and kids well, small wahala, it's divorce. Anyone who cannot manage the affairs of his home well cannot manage a nation well. Let's remove age factor , we need wisdom, intelligence and the fear of God to rule a nation as big as our own.

Just as age isn't a criteria for leadership, same is marriage. Am sure all our political leaders from local govt to federal, from 1969 till date all managed the affairs of their homes well. How come Nigeria is where it is?
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by lexy2014: 3:54pm On Jan 15, 2022
zionstaar75:
you're sounding like there is hatred or ure being paid to do this.Tinubu 100times worse than buhari?do u know he's a chartered accountant?

How does Tinubu being a chartered accountant make him better than buhari?
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by zomby(m): 4:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
RolexOfGeneva:

See how you are talking like an illiterate. How is it possible to sell a country?
Tell me one country in history that has been sold before?
Are u that slow? It is a figure of speech.

By the way, please Visit mali, Kenya and Uganda, and see what the chinese are doing.
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by funshow21: 4:06pm On Jan 15, 2022
Abbey090:
IBB no get moral justification to discuss on issues like this;Yoruba Ronu

Yoruba nor ronu when dem kill em for lekki...abeg make una shut sentiment!! let a patriotic Nigeria rule ..Bleep ethnical biasness..
Re: 2023: Babangida Speaks On The Ideal President For Nigeria by franchasng: 4:07pm On Jan 15, 2022
RedEnergy:
Tinubu is 82yrs pls correct it angry

My Dad know Bola Tinubu very well and my dad is above 80yrs and he laughs when people say Tinubu is 70yrs or so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We’re Broke, Akwa Ibom Govt Cries Out / Nigeria Signs Agreement With UAE On Recovery Of Stolen Funds / Obasanjo: National Assembly Is A Den Of Corruption Occupied By Unarmed Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.