Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Selling Off A Cyber Cafe - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Selling Off A Cyber Cafe (1110 Views)

Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria / Add-on Services For a Cyber-cafe (Apart from Net Browsing) / Setting Up a Cyber-cafe: What Does It Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by erniewhez(m): 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2011
Interested buyers pls call 08098777672
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by 4good(m): 4:48pm On Jun 19, 2011
Give us some more info please. i.e. the size, location, what systems you've got, etc
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by erniewhez(m): 5:17pm On Jun 19, 2011
the cafe is in lagos, around ebute-metta. we have about 15working pc, monitors and chairs. Ups, photo copier, printer, spiral binding machines, laminating machines, cutting machines, and so many other things. We believe people with genuine interest should visit and see what we have on ground.
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by 4good(m): 10:38am On Jun 22, 2011
How do I get there? Your address please.
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by erniewhez(m): 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2011
please forward your email to artsabode@justice.com so I can send you the address. Thanks!
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by kollins247: 12:02am On Jun 24, 2011
@4good after buying the cyber cafe send me an email so that i can help you manage the biz i have 8 years experience in cafe biz , it is not just about buying off a biz but been able to maintain and stablize the business .
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by 4good(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2011
@kollins247

Have you ever owned a Cafe before? What makes you feel you are qualified to help me maintain and stabilize this cafe I want to buy? What kind of experience are you talking about.? Can I have some kind of details?
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by daywatcher: 2:11pm On Jun 25, 2011
I currently run a cafe now therefore I am not interested in buying.

I have been told that my cafe needs to be registered, but I don't know how to go about it, do you have any/ideas tips please?

Thanks
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by azundu1(m): 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2011
I have a computer training center with 10 systems. The biz has been very slow these days, so I am thinking of converting it to a cyber cafe.

Plz do I need to get any lincense or whatsoever, and also is cyber cafe business still lucrative??

Plz I need an urgent advice.
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by 4good(m): 7:23pm On Jun 27, 2011
@azu_ndu
The Era of THE RICH RUNNING CYBER CAFe WHILE PAYING THE ENGINEERS PEANUT IS OVER. Cafe business is a High Tech. business far more tasking than a Business Center business or even running a computer school. Cafe should be owned and run by engineers or people who are ready to hire and pay experienced engineers well.
Moreso, browsing options are now many as against the past 5-7years. Also Cafes are now plenty. To get good and stable speed from an ISP you've got to spend money. Cafe systems configurations must be reasonable high. Be ready to put on Generator from morning to night even if just one person is browsing. Get ready for serious competition in the market.
If you want to really enjoy running a cyber Cafe, BE READY FOR SERIOUS WORK AND EXPENSES.
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by azundu1(m): 8:41pm On Jun 27, 2011
4good:

@azu_ndu
The Era of THE RICH RUNNING CYBER CAFe WHILE PAYING THE ENGINEERS PEANUT IS OVER. Cafe business is a High Tech. business far more tasking than a Business Center business or even running a computer school. Cafe should be owned and run by engineers or people who are ready to hire and pay experienced engineers well.
Moreso, browsing options are now many as against the past 5-7years. Also Cafes are now plenty. To get good and stable speed from an ISP you've got to spend money. Cafe systems configurations must be reasonable high. Be ready to put on Generator from morning to night even if just one person is browsing. Get ready for serious competition in the market.
If you want to really enjoy running a cyber Cafe, BE READY FOR SERIOUS WORK AND EXPENSES.

Thanks for the analysis. I have my office in the same building which makes power available to the proposed cafe during working hours thereby removing power issues from the running cost.

What is the best internet service that can adequately serve for a ten system cafe?
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by 4good(m): 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2011
What is the best internet service that can adequately serve for a ten system cafe?

@azu_ndu
What kind of Cafe do you have in mind? A very busy type or just for people to come in browse and go (light users). There are people that make Cafe their own offices (even legal online business) probably because of the cost of procuring system+modem+subscription and power problem. Before you open in the morining some of them are already at the door. Also there are people who just come to check Facebook, mails, chat, check results, fill forms, etc who only do so when they are chanced or when occasion demands.

The choice of ISP depends largely on your Location. Please, go and visit the existing Cafes in your area and type in "www.ip2location.com" inside their browser. Copy the ISP names and or  IP Addresses. Also note the number of working systems in those Cafes. After this come back to this forum with your findings and let's continue our talk.
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by azundu1(m): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2011
4good:

@azu_ndu
What kind of Cafe do you have in mind? A very busy type or just for people to come in browse and go (light users). There are people that make Cafe their own offices (even legal online business) probably because of the cost of procuring system+modem+subscription and power problem. Before you open in the morining some of them are already at the door. Also there are people who just come to check Facebook, mails, chat, check results, fill forms, etc who only do so when they are chanced or when occasion demands.

The choice of ISP depends largely on your Location. Please, go and visit the existing Cafes in your area and type in "www.ip2location.com" inside their browser. Copy the ISP names and or IP Addresses. Also note the number of working systems in those Cafes. After this come back to this forum with your findings and let's continue our talk.

Actually, there is only one cafe close to my location and the speed of their internet is not what I want mine to be close to as theirs is very slow as at when I used the cafe sometime ago when my internet was having problem.

Visafone internet works very here as that is what we use in my office. But my concer is if visafone can do the work of providing good internet service to 10 sysstems, tough the speed is very ok with 3-4 systems we use currently in the office.

Also, is there any cost of licensing or permit or any of such that I need to knoow about that is requireed to operate cyber cafes in Lagos.
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by 4good(m): 10:42am On Jun 28, 2011
Visafone or starcomms, even multilinks may serve 10 systems but  stability is the matter. Oftentimes you will experience very slow speed especially when you have up to 6, 7, 8 ,  people browsing at the same time. Sometimes everything will work well but the rest of mind will not be there. Don't forget that Visafone Stacomms, multilinks  do not profer cafe services. Cafe is a place where internet is put to optimal usage. Speed must not be an issue except in adverse weather conditions that even customers can see for themselves. However, if you start with like 6 systems you should be able to manage Visafone till you can raise good money to upgrade to full-time ISPs that do recognize cafes.

About Licence, I can tell you that more than 95% of Cafes in Nigeria are not registered. The registration talk is to me more of a lip thing. More than 2 years now in our Cafe nobody has ever come to demand for registration or no registration. When the police go to cafes they are after money or Yahoo boys.

If you still want to start with 10 systems and good internet speed and make everyone prefer using your cafe I have working formula to share with you. Just let me know your final conclusion.
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by azundu1(m): 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2011
4good:

If you still want to start with 10 systems and good internet speed and make everyone prefer using your cafe I have working formula to share with you. Just let me know your final conclusion.

Thanks for this info, What solution can I apply to make my cafe a preffered cafe in terms of internet speed. I think I am now very convinced to start the cafe and I am starting tommorow.
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by bigfat01: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
[size=20pt]10 steps in setting up cafe[/size]

Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by 4good(m): 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2011
Thanks for this info, What solution can I apply to make my cafe a preffered cafe in terms of internet speed. I think I am now very convinced to start the cafe and I am starting tommorow.

At this point I would like us to chat online or speak through phone. I promise I will not charge you money. I just want any further discussion to be between only you and myself. My yahoo ID is godfem007v@yahoo.com and my phone number is 07042218544. Waiting to hear from you.
Re: Selling Off A Cyber Cafe by bigfat01: 1:31pm On Jul 01, 2011
hello fellow nairadlanders

(1) (Reply)

Investors Lose Billions In Three Nationalised Banks / Pounds Sterling For Sale. Want Naira. / BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY IN NIGERIA OR AFRICA ON PART/FULL TIME...( A LIFE TIME)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.