Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,147 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu (33433 Views)

Lockdown: Makinde To Relax Curfew, Secretariat Reopens On Monday / Seyi Makinde To Pay 13th-Month Salary, Still Using His Private Car / Makinde To Bello - I Am In Kogi To Screen PDP Candidates That Will Face You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by beeveepee9489: 7:21am On Jan 16, 2022
They have all the features I was hoping Nairaland would to add. .com (I also removed the space between Up and Ghana)
It's a great site to reach Ghanaian audience.

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by SmartMen: 7:22am On Jan 16, 2022
LegendHero:

God bless Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the next president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
when he becomes president, you should come back to Nigeria and live among us through out his tenure.
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Mac2016(m): 7:25am On Jan 16, 2022
Most people didn't read the news. Seyi didn't use "but"... Journalists ehn! grin
Below is Seyi's statement...

“Let me also use this opportunity to wish you well in your political quest to govern this nation. We want the best for this country and only the best is good enough at this particular time.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by saintnegroid(m): 7:27am On Jan 16, 2022
Tap0lane:
I know for a fact from now till eternity a convicted run away Atiku who left his wife in jail over $20M laundering scandal or Peter Peter Obi who used his daughter to launder $5M in cash to Pandora will never be beta than Tinubu.
if we want to dig out the corruption news of tinubu there will be no space in naira land. So calm down you don't make sense at all

1 Like

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 16, 2022
vanbonattel:
When translated, it means

" You are the worst candidate out there" grin

“Let me also use this opportunity to wish you well in your political quest to govern this nation. We want the best for this country and only the best is good enough at this particular time.”

This is why Nigerians fail ielts and blame oyinbo people for their failure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by 77up(m): 7:31am On Jan 16, 2022
yorubarere:

Whom God has blessed, no pig can curse cheesy

Ipob will wail as usual and nothing will happen as it has been since 2015 and so shall it be till the end of time.
Amen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by zeusdgrt(m): 7:35am On Jan 16, 2022
Tap0lane:
I know for a fact from now till eternity a convicted run away Atiku who left his wife in jail over $20M laundering scandal or Peter Peter Obi who used his daughter to launder $5M in cash to Pandora will never be beta than Tinubu.
At least they are better candidate more than the known Tinubu
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Martins9756: 7:42am On Jan 16, 2022
insidelife22:
dude is indirectly telling bullion bat that he is not a good one for Nigeria.

he should keep to Lagos.
Go and read the comments well, if truly you understand English that you borrowed from white people, is only the people that got brain will understand and decode it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Nobody: 7:42am On Jan 16, 2022
LegendHero:

God bless Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the next president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
the way u apc guys reason is very irritating.
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Victorclean1: 7:44am On Jan 16, 2022
The worst candidate but he can't hear. The flies that refuse to hear, joins the corpse to the grave.

He should learn from how Awolowo drink poison after his loss. Hope he will be able to cope with it when the bomb shell falls
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Martins9756: 7:45am On Jan 16, 2022
LegendHero:

Nice speech from Makinde, saluting Asiwaju political acumen of not playing politics of hate and agreeing to meet with the governor while in Oyo state. Makinde wished him well in his political quest and said we all want the best for the country. And they all know Tinubu is the best

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by galaxy2020(m): 7:46am On Jan 16, 2022
You said it all, but the north will surprise him.
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Martins9756: 7:47am On Jan 16, 2022
haffaze777:

just say after me "God bless Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu"grin
God blessed senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by IPIGSRHYPO: 7:49am On Jan 16, 2022
[s]
vanbonattel:
When translated, it means

" You are the worst candidate out there" grin
[/s]

According to who?
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Femeto: 7:53am On Jan 16, 2022
Makinde telling him to his face.
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by BabaO2: 7:55am On Jan 16, 2022
Entprys:
Meaning ?
No 'but ' in the original statement released by the governor. Why alway twisting original statements/comments. He meant well for Tinubu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by BabaO2: 7:59am On Jan 16, 2022
Femeto:
Makinde telling him to his face.
what did he say? Did you read the governor's comment at all? The governor sincerely meant well for Tinubu. No 'but' in the original release
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Martins9756: 8:08am On Jan 16, 2022
greypencils:
Underlying acceptance to Tinubu's ambition? You APC apologists are delusional. In what way has Tinubu contributed to Makinde's ascent? Makinde owes allegiance to Akala and Ladoja and not any fucking Tinubu. Na Ibadan boy dey follow you talk.
And your Akala and Ladoja do same for Tinubu, ode
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by adeniyi65(m): 8:12am On Jan 16, 2022
Meaning: Mr BAT.we wish you well but we want the best that you know you ain't for the nation.
Good way of showing rejection grin grin
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by drlateef: 8:13am On Jan 16, 2022
After reading the governor’s statement I could not see “BUT” in it. This is how reporters and bloggers change the meaning of statements of people to suit their own agenda. The Governor did not say BUT. The next statement after wishing Tinubu well is that Nigeria deserves the best. And that can mean that Tinubu is among the best if not the best. Any sensible person who understands English comprehension should read it again and see the mischievous twist of the blogger.
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Martins9756: 8:16am On Jan 16, 2022
greypencils:
Underlying acceptance to Tinubu's ambition? You APC apologists are delusional. In what way has Tinubu contributed to Makinde's ascent? Makinde owes allegiance to Akala and Ladoja and not any fucking Tinubu. Same Tinubu that would want to use his might to unseat him as governor next year, you think Makinde would support such a person? Delusional I say. Na Ibadan boy dey follow you talk.
You're mumu, so you didn't read the acknowledgement you governor gave Tinubu, that he doesn't do politics with bitterness, and your so called Akala and Ladoja especially Ladoja is omoluwabi that respect Tinubu so much, you're a confirmed Ode, mungu
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Angeltjazz2017(m): 8:16am On Jan 16, 2022
LegendHero:

God bless senator bola Ahmed tinubu the coming unbeatable president.
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Zorn: 8:16am On Jan 16, 2022
Tap0lane:
you can tell that to Seyi makinde, He's your fellow Yoruba man . I don't know why you're attacking people who has said nothing ever since your lord and personal saviour started convulsing from both sides of his mouth . Just keep licking his smelling watery poo and stop disturbing our peace here please.
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 16, 2022
Tap0lane:
You people are disgusting to say the least. How did Peter come into this post? Is he the person that made the comment or was the comment directed to him? Sometimes I feel like all you people live for is Igbo matter. Take away Igbo you feel useless.
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by adeniyi65(m): 8:21am On Jan 16, 2022
Bettykeys:

You need refund on all your studies from primary to your last level of education

I wish you well. We want the best for this country and only the best is good enough at this particular time

The statement above simply implies that Makinde is for Yoruba presidency

I wish you well mean. You have my support
I wish you well doesn't mean I support you and secondly,the "BUT" clause in that statement simply means;though we wish you well,but the best is what we needed most at this juncture.
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by louqas: 8:25am On Jan 16, 2022
Coolsperm:
Tinubu is very greedy man that want unity without equity

How doesnt he want equity?
So ibos want him to jettison his efforts when its about to yield results....that is wickedness....how would you feel if after working hard for a company and contributing to its sucess then when its time for you to be its chairman people start telling you that since a yorubaman has never been the company's chairman you should let go of a position that rightly belongs to you for a yorubaman?
If ibos want presidency then they need to play the national politics right. Their slavery loyalty to PDP should be rewarded by pdp giving the pŕesidential ticket to ibos. Its not yet the turn of ibos in APC......the APC still remains the party that will make an iboman a president when its their turn because unfortunately PDP dont have any plans for an iboman becoming president any time soon......if they had not been removed from power and jonathan had won in 2015 his tenure would have ended in 2023 after which for equity in pdp power goes back north until 2032 when power will return south and maybe to the south east.....but as it is now, in PDP the for the sake of equity the next presidential candidate should be a northerner since the last president election on its platform came from the south....so even if pdp wins 2023 it will be with a northerner meaning no chance for ibos until 2032 even in pdp...

It will be a betrayal if Apc ticket goes south east and trust me Apc will lose with an ibo presidential candidate in 2023
Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by johnmartus(m): 8:26am On Jan 16, 2022
Oh you read it very well not like coconut heads saying something otherwise.
LegendHero:

Nice speech from Makinde, saluting Asiwaju political acumen of not playing politics of hate and agreeing to meet with the governor while in Oyo state. Makinde wished him well in his political quest and said we all want the best for the country.

Re: 2023: I Wish You Well, But I Want The Best For Nigerians - Makinde To Tinubu by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 8:40am On Jan 16, 2022
Thief!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023: Northern Group Lists Osinbajo's 'Sins', Warns Nigerians Against Voting Him / Babajide Sanwoolu And Obafemi Hamzat Meet With Nollywood Stars / How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.