Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Splitted 18+ (Love, Lust, Betrayal And Breakup) Part 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Splitted 18+ (Love, Lust, Betrayal And Breakup) Part 2 (724 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Splitted 18+ (Love, Lust, Betrayal And Breakup) Part 2 by frankwriter(m): 1:50am On Jan 16, 2022
�***Splitted***�

Episode 2

Chioma’s hope of calling Obiora later that morning failed when her mom came telling her that she would be going with her to get the goods she ordered at Ikeja to restock her Supermarket.

It was around 9:30am when they dressed up and dashed out to the street, Pooh…Pooh, signaled a coming vehicle.
The conductor popped up his head through the door.
“Where?”
“Ikeja,” Chioma and her mom chorused.
“Oya make una enter, madam abeg shift for them,” ordered the conductor who was on dreadlock with two rolls of tattoo on his arm.

Chioma and her mom hopped in and sat at the back seat.
Throughout the time they were inside the bus, Chioma’s phone was still on airplane mode. She knew Obiora might still call, so she intentionally left it that way.
She knew her mom wasn’t convinced yet. She needed to avoid any form of call from the male folks in her mom’s presence or else she might be in for queries.

Obiora was in his room hoping to hear from Chioma. He hoped she called him, even with his blind phone, he waited patiently. Obiora waited for hours but not even a beep call came through. A lot of thoughts was going through his head. He felt Chioma had found him unworthy to be with after one year, that she had to do this on their one year anniversary. He felt broken, betrayed and depressed. He had been on his bed since morning.

When Chioma and her mom arrived Ikeja, the sun was peeping out from behind the morning clouds. The early morning market sellers were making their way to the stalls in single file, their various bundles tied and balanced unwaveringly on their heads.

Chioma and her mom were busy checking their orders. Her mom would read from the receipt while she counted the goods before pushing them to the blue and white painted bus they hired. This they did repeatedly until all the goods were cross-checked.
Chioma and her mom leaned against the vehicle and refreshed their selves with a bottle of coke each, while they waited for the driver’s arrival.

Chioma sighted the driver from a distance. A potbelly man in his late sixties with grey hairs. He had gone to take snuff by the corner while they were loading the goods.

“Mom, he’s coming,” Chioma announced.
“Erm, check if there’s anything we are leaving behind.

Chioma searched through but then, everything was well arranged inside the bus. Nothing was left on the ground.
“No, we’re not leaving anything behind, they’re all inside the bus,” she answered.
“Chioma are you sure? Please check very well.”
“Mom, I have checked well, nothing is outside.”
“Madam, una don arrange am finish? Make we dey go?” Questioned the driver when he arrived.
She turned to look at Chioma who nodded head in affirmation.
“Yes sir, we can go now,” Chioma’s mom responded.
________

On their way back, Chioma was constantly dozing off and waking up once they hit a pothole, until she hit her head on the side of the vehicle.
“Ouch!” She yelled.
Her mother turned and whispered something to her discomfort.

“Next time you learn to leave your phone and always sleep at night.”

Chioma felt bad that her mom would never stop reminding her of being a phone addict. She had caught her several times late in the midnight still up with her phone but yet Chioma couldn't help it. She would rather sleep during the day just to stay awake with her phone late at night. She's nocturnal in nature.
Not quite long, she winked off again.
For the second time, she hit her head on the bus. This wasn’t going well with her, she was bored and needed something to keep her from dozing off again till they get home.

Chioma recalled she was yet to stream the latest EP from Cheque. She had seen so many folks hype the EP on Twitter and Instagram, especially the hit track "Zoom Zoom"
She quickly slot her left hand on her back pocket, nothing was there, same she did on all the four pockets on her Jean trouser, yet she couldn’t find her phone. Chioma was already sweating, fear gripped her; her heart was pounding faster, she wished she could shout but then she was dumbfounded.
Telling her mom who was at the front side of the bus was the last thing in her mind. She carefully searched through the vehicle but yet her phone was still missing.

“Chioma kee ife i na acho? What are you looking for?”Asked her mom who turned to see her daughter sweating and panting in fear.
Chioma felt a sudden shock on hearing from her mom. She knew there was no point covering up, she desperately needed to get her phone or stand to lose numerous important files on her phone.

“Mom, my phone… my phone, I can’t find it again. Ah! I’m finished,” she said sobbing. Tears trickled down her cheeks.
“Where did you keep it?”
“I kept it inside my pocket, it’s not there again…,” Chioma cried.
“Check well, e fit don fall on those goods,” suggested the driver.
"Are you sure you didn't leave it there?" Asked her mom.
"Mom, I don't know...," Chioma sounded like one crying.

Chioma’s mom brought out her phone, searched through her recent calls, Chioma’s number was the second on the list, she quickly dialed it.
Chioma stares at her mom hoping to hear her phone beep anywhere inside the vehicle.
“Your line is currently switched off,” Chioma’s mom announced with regret. Her face was numb.
Chioma’s heart skipped on hearing this from her mom who stared confusedly at her.

“Have you forgotten your phone is on airplane mode?” a voice rushed through her head.
Chioma recalled she had switched her phone to airplane mode and calls won’t be enable.
She remembered while she had done this, she thought about Obiora, she thought about her phone. It seemed like she was dreaming.
"Don't worry, you'll check well when we arrive," said the driver to her comfort.
Chioma was optimistic about it, she hoped to see her phone among the goods. She can't just afford to loose it but then her mind was troubled, she was restless.
The dizziness instantly flew out of eyes.
______

Obiora later went about his daily routine. Obiora was a serving corper who had few days remaining before he leave Lagos State, back to Enugu.
Obiora is young, handsome and diligent guy. The last among six siblings. He graduated from Abia State University, having studied Sociology.
His path crossed with Chioma right there in Lagos, and since then, the two had been a story of two love birds before the incident.

He still anticipated to hear from Chioma but his phone never rang. He constantly stared at his blind phone and hisses regrettably. He wished he never smashed his phone, at least he wouldn’t loose two things at a time.
He kept hearing voices telling him to move on.
“Chioma has moved on, don’t kill yourself in this pool of regret, she didn’t call back. So, was this what you expected from someone you said you loved on this special day?” a voice rushed through his head. He was going through pyramid of thoughts.

After about forty five minutes drive, they arrived FranPhil Supermarket, Ogba.
Owned by Chioma’s late father and her mother.
"FranPhil" is a compound name gotten from Francis, Chioma's late father and Philomena, Chioma's mom. The supermarket has been in existence for a decade and still booming, even after Chioma's father kicked the bucket.

The driver applied brake gently, the bus moved a little bit further before it halted.
Chioma was the first to come down.
He didn’t wait for the driver’s assistance before pulling the door backward.

“Nne nwere ya nwayoo, take it easy. You'll see your phone," said the driver who came to open the boot so they could offload the goods.
Chioma was busy bringing everything down, while she desperately searched for her phone.
Jide and Henry, two among the staff that worked in the supermarket joined her, while Chioma’s mom went inside to have some rest.
"Welcome ma... Welcome ma," the other workers greeted her when she worked in.
She just waved to them and walked straight to the rest room.

Few minutes later, the vehicle was emptied. They had packed everything inside the Supermarket. Then it was down on Chioma that her phone was gone. She couldn’t help it. Tears trickled down uncontrollable.
She stood still and stared unblinkingly. Her heart seemed shattered. The pains of letting your phone go without notice. Her pictures, videos, contacts and important files got her thinking.

Chioma watched the driver hop in, ignite his bus and zoomed off without realizing he had been encouraging her to pray it falls into the hands of a good Samaritan. She wandered off in thoughts.
She found it hard to believe her phone was gone – like she’s not gonna come across her Samsung Galaxy S7 again. This thought shrank her heart and left her moody.

Throughout the day, she felt unusual and depressed. Chioma got pissed off at any little provocation. She shouted at her siblings, which was unlike her.
She couldn't even eat her dinner. All her mind was on her lost phone and how badly he had treated Obiora earlier that day.
There was no way he could reach him to explain how it all happened. That night, while her brothers and mom were at the Sitting room enjoying an interesting program, Chioma locked herself up in her bedroom and mourned her lost phone.
The thought of seeing Obiora at church the following day being Sunday, made her sick.

To be continued...

©️2022
Franklin Chinonso Okoligan

Twitter & IG: frankwriter1

Encourage me with your comments, so I'll post the remaining episodes.
If you're following, drop a comment. ��

1 Like

Re: Splitted 18+ (Love, Lust, Betrayal And Breakup) Part 2 by jullyrosy(f): 10:30am On Jan 16, 2022
frankwriter:

Nice story continue

�***Splitted***�

Episode 1

Obiora woke up on the wrong side of the bed. A terrifying nightmare had caused him to rise from bed coupled with the noise from the cars and trucks that swooshed past the street.
The sun shone bright through the window. There was a sense of dizziness as he was pulled up into reality from the dream world. He blinked twice and said nothing. Then the realization that it was a nightmare, comes crashing into his mind. He tries to get back to sleep but had a nagging sensation in the back of his mind which stopped him from drifting off. He wouldn't want to go back into the same nightmare. It was few minutes past six when he checked his timepiece.

Staring at the faded ceiling almost damaged by termites, Obiora realized it was their one year anniversary, 365 days of been together with Chioma who had become his best part and everything he desired in a woman.
He quickly reached for his phone, which was right under his pillow. On glancing through his phone, he noticed his alarm had rang almost thirty minutes ago.

Obiora wasn't the regular romantic boyfriend that plays with words, but today being their one year anniversary, he decided to surprise Chioma with a lovely epistle, telling her how much he loves and cherish what they have. He definitely wouldn't have done it without Google's assistance or else he might end up with a terrible text.

Chioma had woken up since 5:00 am and joined in their family morning devotion which normally last for an hour or less. She went on with the usual morning house chores after the morning prayer. Chioma is the first among three others. Her mother’s only daughter. Her mother’s replica. She’s twenty. Kamsy and Tobenna are her younger brothers.

"Chi..oma - ah," her mom called.
"Yes mom."

She quickly dashed out from the kitchen where she was washing the dishes, walked straight to her mom's bedroom.

"Please help me with your phone, I want to use your phone calculator," her mom said calmly without raising her head. She still had her head tie on, probably still meditating on the word of God. At the age of forty, she could clip ten years off her age and no one would disbelieve her.
"Okay mom, let me get it from my room,” replied Chioma.
She hastily went in and returned shortly with her Samsung Galaxy S7. She handed it politely to her before returning to the kitchen.
Chioma's mom murmurs a song while she did the arithmetic.
A thick notebook and a customized Zenith Bank pen was on the small wooden table before her. Chioma’s mother owns a supermarket at Ogba. Obviously, she was summing up her interests or perhaps her losses.
"You complete me in all ways. Emotionally, you are my support system. Physically, you are my female version. Spiritually, you are my soulmate. I love you so much dear. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. My life has been in dark and void until you came and made it amazing. I can't thank you enough for the good times and memories we had shared. This will be our first anniversary, the first of many more. Happy 365 days to us. Happy anniversary my love. Your one and only – Obiora.”

This was the message that popped up in Chioma's phone. Her mother adjusted her glasses on seeing the text. Her countenance suddenly changed while she read the message from an unsaved contact. She read and re-read it again before she called Chioma's attention.

"Chi...oma - ah!”
"Yes mom, I'm coming."

She cleaned her hands with the white towel beside the sink before leaving the kitchen to her mom’s bedroom.
Chioma is tall, light skinned, with the most alluring body shape. She’s in her late teen; doesn’t care much about clothes and she hates brushing her long hair, so she isn’t as attractive as she might be, but she’s still naturally beautiful.

"Mom, you called me," Chioma said standing before her. She was still on her nighties and a flat slippers. She rubbed her hands as she waited for her mom to break the silence that stood between them.

"Chioma, I thought you told me you don't have a boyfriend. I thought we both agreed you attain a certain age before you go into this? We both agreed that relationship should come after you graduate from the University?”
Chioma who was shocked by these queries was loosing her feet as she shivered and pondered what her mom must have seen in her phone.
"Yes mom, we agreed on that and I'm still keeping to the vows," she said with a fainting heart.
Her voice was raspy, shrill and deep at the same time.

A zoom on her face shows how scared she was because she knew she just lied to her mom, and peradventure she founds out she was telling lies, it might turn out to be her worst day ever. She knew how much her mom detest lies but then she was scared of letting her know she hasn't been keeping to such tempting offer. Her mom would surely feel dissatisfied and disappointed at her.

"You are keeping to the vows?" Her mom queried with her eyes widened, eyeball to an eyeball.
"Yes, mom. I don't have a boyfriend," Chioma insisted. This time, she said it with lots of confidence without shivering.
"Okay, so who is Obiora? Here is a message he sent to you. A year old anniversary message, congratulating you and appreciating for the love you both shared for the past 365 days," she asked showing Chioma the text message on her phone. She shots one more look her way.

Chioma's heart shrank on seeing the text from Obiora, but then she had an advantage to save herself from being caught.
"Ah! Mom, it's not true. It's a wrong number. Can't you see his contact is not saved? I guess the sender must have mistaken my number for another person. I don't know any Obiora, not even at school,” she said with boldness.
Her mom was short of words. She had trusted Chioma for years and she had always lived up to expectation.

"Hmmm....are you sure about what you are telling me?" She queried, still not convinced.
Before Chioma could say Jack, her phone vibrated and rang. It was same number calling.
“He’s calling you already,” said Chioma’s mom.
“Mom, it’s a wrong number. Don’t mind the caller,” replied Chioma who wished all this was just a dream.

Deep down, she was gripped with fear but the 'fast girl' in her was concealing her weakness.
“Since you said it’s a wrong number, I’m going to pick the call, put it on speaker while you answer?”
“Okay mom, just pick the call,” replied Chioma.
Her heart was pounding a little faster and she struggled to keep her head. There was an unearthly kind of wildness in her eyes that betrayed a troubled spirit.
“It’s either I’m caught today or I escape,” she grumbled.

“Hello oo, good morning my love,” said Obiora in the best romantic tone. He sounded so excited that it could be noticed from his tone.
Chioma’s mom had her eyes fixed on Chioma as she waited her response and looked forward to see her facial expressions.

“Please this is a wrong number, I don’t know you!” replied Chioma in a rudest manner.
“Baby it’s me. I decided to surprise you with a new line. This is my new number, happy anniversary to us, It’s Obiora, can’t you recognize my voice any longer?”
“Damn! I don’t know you. Who’s your baby? Please stop this joke, it’s too early for this. I told you earlier it’s a wrong number.”

Obiora hanged up sadly. He stares surprisingly at his phone to be sure he had dialed Chioma’s number correctly. He checked severally and still realize there was no mistake. The voice he heard was equally not a stranger’s voice.

“That was Chioma’s voice. What’s wrong with her? Why is she denying me on a special day like this? What have I done wrong?” Obiora was left in a state of confusion and numerous thoughts.
“Maybe she’s trying to test my patience, girls are unpredictable ,” Obiora muttered before dialing her number for the second time.

“Chioma, he’s calling again,” her mom alerted when the call came through.
“Oooh, mom just hang the call, I don’t know him, he should stop disturbing me.”
She returned to the room, collected her phone politely and switched it to airplane mode to save herself from the stress of coming back to pick the call.

While she walked back to the kitchen, her feet were light and she walked as if in a daze, not conscious of using those feet. She collided with the kitchen door. She felt hurt, it was then she felt guilty for the ill treatment she had given to Obiora on this special day. She wished it wasn’t just happening, like how could she deny him after the good and loving memories they had shared together?

“I’m sure he must be very sad and worried. Gosh! It didn’t even occur to me it’s our anniversary.”

So many thoughts rushed through her head while she returned to the kitchen. As she walked, pain and anger fought inside her; sometimes anger came to the fore, but the emotional pain always won.

“Well, I will call him as soon as mom leaves the house, I never expected his call this early, I’m sure he’ll understand.” She said to herself.

Obiora felt so bad when he tried calling again with his main line, but only to realize her line wasn’t going through any longer. He tried again and again, no way! He was angered and furious. He wished he could help it but he couldn’t control it, he followed the persistent voice on his head. His hands were vibrating, his heart was pounding faster, Obiora lifted his phone and smashed it on the wall. His heartbeat could be heard. He is a stammerer. He easily get tensed up.

Still flared up, Obiora quickly picked his phone, his heart shrank when he realized his phone screen was badly damaged. His phone went blind completely after he rebooted it. He was defeated that his only desire was to go back to bed, but then his heart was heavy.

To be continued...

©️2022
Franklin Chinonso Okoligan

Twitter & IG: frankwriter1

Encourage me with your comments, so I'll post the remaining episodes.
If you're following, drop a comment. ��

Re: Splitted 18+ (Love, Lust, Betrayal And Breakup) Part 2 by jullyrosy(f): 10:31am On Jan 16, 2022
[quote author=jullyrosy post=109414202][/quote

Nice story.....
moreeeeeeereeeee! !!!!!!!!!!!]

(1) (Reply)

Inside Lagos / Part Time Jobs / The Power Of Influence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.