Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported (14863 Views)

Naomi Osaka Vs 'Coco' Gauff At Australian Open 2020 3rd Round / Novak Djokovic Beats Rafael Nadal To Win Australian Open Men's Final (Pics) / Serena Williams Dress At The Australian Open Clash, Causes A Stir Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Jakumo(m): 9:24am On Jan 16, 2022
DanseMacabre:

Oga Solicitor, how him even take get the visa enter in the first place? Who approve him visa? It even lends more credence to my assertion.

Possibly a hungry embassy employee in Serbia took 40 naira to issue that failed bogus visa that has now been revoked with immediate effect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by DanseMacabre(m): 9:28am On Jan 16, 2022
Jakumo:

Possibly a hungry embassy employee in Serbia took 40 naira to issue that failed bogus visa that has now been revoked with immediate effect.

grin grin grin you be madman I swear. I almost choked on my breakfast.

Djokovic na high profile customer na...even PM fit don dey aware of the visa. Na when uproar too much dem wan begin backtrack.

2 Likes

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Kajaard: 9:28am On Jan 16, 2022
HisSexcellency:
I believe the issue wasn't really about a player not taking the vaccine. But his status in the tournament and the implications of his decision not to be vaccinated on the fans yet to receive the jab.

He is world number1 tennis player, and might probably win the tournament if he competes.

Other players were fully vaccinated and if he without vaccination wins the tournament, this send a wrong message to the public that the vaccine is not necessary.

True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Tennessee85: 9:28am On Jan 16, 2022
DanseMacabre:

I believe there are such things as contractual obligations Tennis player with the WTA... Australian Open tournament....ring a bell You no even see say dem grant am visa in the first place abi how him take enter?
Oga, are you even following this case at all? Aren't you aware he is under investigation for
lying on his immigration form, where he claimed that he
hadn’t traveled within 14 days before landing in Australia,
when in fact he’d been in Spain the previous day?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Elemosho478: 9:34am On Jan 16, 2022
Tennessee85:
Oga, are you even following this case at all? Aren't you aware he is under investigation for
lying on his immigration form, where he claimed that he

He also tested positive for Covid 19 but went around for interviews and visited so many social gathering the next day instead of Isolating.

Most of the people that comment here don't even know the full details.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Elemosho478: 9:40am On Jan 16, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Just because he didn't take COVID19 vaccine. All this western countries with imposing coerce laws, why must he take it, as far he was tested negative. They just have leaders that write laws, and follow the laws like robots, forgetting the reason the law while the law was writing in the first place.

Those commenting up there, hailing the country, had it been it's Nigeria government that is imposing COVID19 vaccines on it's citizen, we won't here word, they will be waiting day and night

Read more about it instead of blabbing

He tested positive for covid 19 but still went for interviews and social gatherings without mask the next day instead of Isolating, he also lied several times

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by DanseMacabre(m): 9:41am On Jan 16, 2022
Tennessee85:
lying on his immigration form,
where he claimed that he

I was not aware of this fact, as I didn't keep up with it after he was initially detained. Thanks for the enlightenment. This makes Jakumo's derision clearer now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by babyfaceafrica: 9:45am On Jan 16, 2022
WHITELIGHTER:

Says who...it's a 3yr ban from entering Aussie
what's special about entering Australia?
Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Tpharell: 9:52am On Jan 16, 2022
mfm04622:

It was NOT the Australian govt that gave him the exemption, it was the organizers of the Open! Of course the organizers want him to play in the tournament
And he wasn't turned back by Australian immigration officials at the airport?

1 Like

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Idumuje: 9:53am On Jan 16, 2022
Viraltrends123:
Just because he didn't take COVID19 vaccine. All this western countries with imposing coerce laws, why must he take it, as far he was tested negative. They just have leaders that write laws, and follow the laws like robots, forgetting the reason the law while the law was writing in the first place.

Those commenting up there, hailing the country, had it been it's Nigeria government that is imposing COVID19 vaccines on it's citizen, we won't here word, they will be waiting day and night

What is coerce law biko? Oga, law is law, and nations have a right to make and enforce them at will. That’s the fundamental basis for stable and organised societies. You can’t decide which to obey and which to violate at the whim of your belief systems. That’s tantamount to chaos

The man is simply a selfish and arrogant f00l who thinks he’s superior to the nations laws and better than everyone else. They need to be deporting his ass already

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Tpharell: 9:58am On Jan 16, 2022
DanseMacabre:

Oga Solicitor, how him even take get the visa enter in the first place? Who approve him visa? It even lends more credence to my assertion.
More questions, how did he get pass Australian immigration officials upon arrival?

1 Like

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by clericuzzio(m): 10:00am On Jan 16, 2022
Maxymilliano:
He is not above the law, nobody is above the law.

He brought it on his arrogant self.

You just spoke out of ignorance.

Did you know the reason for all these is because he refused the covid vaccine.

You just come here dey talk trash

1 Like

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:08am On Jan 16, 2022
His Pride..... he would have just save himself all this trouble... wetin pride dey bring... i am told he has this pride in him right from time..

Secondly it will not be fair on Australians because their government no even mercy their own citizens during covid....

Anyway all i see here money cant buy everything... and u can not be above the law of another country!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by MT: 10:15am On Jan 16, 2022
Zimmermann:
In a system that WORKS for EVERYONE, EVERYBODY is subject to the LAW!

Australian system does NOT work for everyone. It heavily favours the rich and mighty just like the Nigeria system.

The noise of the Australians on their Government made the government to symbolically scapegoated Djokovic so as to appease their angry citizens.
Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by bukarolz: 10:17am On Jan 16, 2022
The same system that granted the visa. What a whacked system!
Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:18am On Jan 16, 2022
clericuzzio:

You just spoke out of ignorance.

Did you know the reason for all these is because he refused the covid vaccine.

You just come here dey talk trash

Rule na Rule... yes he didn't take the vaccine and at the same time he refused to reveal his present status...

If a place say u have too... and he did whatt he thought he could and The PM said NO... then why break ur head on it...

Baba no ban Twitter even with all and all.. even international community put mouth for d matter... Baba no still gree shift lane...

There are better ways to go about this matter..

To me he embarrassed himself with pride.. even with the trash he did when he got covid in dec.. No isolation just dey party up and down... that is selfish... Boris is still fighting his own just because of this kind of mistake....

May we dey reason things sometimes!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by shadrach77: 10:24am On Jan 16, 2022
Maxymilliano:

Extremely arrogant guy!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by IJEYdiamond(f): 10:38am On Jan 16, 2022
bukarolz:

Oh... what about Nigerians been granted visa here by US embassy and e.g & they get to the country point of entry due to one two things the person is deported... what do u call that Whacked abi!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by shadrach77: 10:40am On Jan 16, 2022
bukarolz:
He lied on his form. Had he told the truth the visa would not have been granted in the first instance

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Jakumo(m): 10:41am On Jan 16, 2022
shadrach77:

He lied on his form. Had he told the truth the visa would not have been granted in the first instance

So much truth in so few words. Chai! E get as e be.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Pymetrics: 11:01am On Jan 16, 2022
Maxymilliano:

In what way was he arrogant? Was it not the Australian government that granted him vaccine exemption before entering in the first place? Even their judge also ruled in his favor during the first appeal. So why inconsequential from the Australian government when they knew that everyone must be vaccinated? He wouldn't enter the country if no exemption was granted in the first place. And he's not the only top sport man not to have received the vaccine.
It's like most of you don't even know the build up to this news. You just open your browser and type junk.

1 Like

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by techWriter3: 11:12am On Jan 16, 2022
He is not above the statute, anybody is above the statute. He came it on his arrogant yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by linearity: 11:23am On Jan 16, 2022
Viraltrends123:

Their country, their rules.

You can’t walk into my house and arrogantly disobey my rules while at the same time forcing me to host you, it is not done!

If you don’t like my rules or how I have decided to live my life, hit the door. After all, I don’t come into your house and force my will on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:24am On Jan 16, 2022
ogascomax:
Some of you are just busy talking trash of him breaking the law and nobody is above the law while you failed to ask yourself if the law was fair and just. When it comes to your health, one should not make law for you because it is your health. Studies have shown that the vaccinated are more been hospitalized. You can't force people against their wish and call it a law. Where is now the right to freedom. All kinds of human rights taught are all but a scam.

Rights are collective, no right or freedom is absolute if your right/freedom is a threat and danger to the health and safety of others you can not have it because your right is not superior to someone else's health and safety.

Where your rights end that is where someone else's right starts

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by udemzyudex(m): 11:25am On Jan 16, 2022
Viraltrends123:

Nigeria is filled with hypocrites.
Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Jakumo(m): 11:27am On Jan 16, 2022
Ladyhippolyta88:

Rights are collective, no right or freedom is absolute if your right/freedom is a threat and danger to the health and safety of others you can not have it because your right is not superior to someone else's health and safety.

Where your rights end that is where someone else's right starts

I like it. In other words, Mr. Jockstrapitches right to throw his angry fist ends where the Australian government's nose begins.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 11:30am On Jan 16, 2022
Jakumo:

I like it. In other words, Mr. Jockstrapitches right to throw his angry fist ends where the Australian government's nose begins.

Gbam cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by yemi1504: 11:38am On Jan 16, 2022
slimjohn2k5:
It is a good decision so others will not take it as a joke

Abi. Funnily, he will likely be experiencing the same thing with the French as they have vaccine mandates too. I fear it is only the British for the Wimbledon Open that might give him an exemption, even the US for the US Open might not. So he has to get vaccinated and fast if he wants to continue competing as he is a role model to others and will set a bad example if he is not and competes.
Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by Unclefemolala(m): 11:43am On Jan 16, 2022
Jakumo:

You seem to have a personal hatred for Novak which is unnecessary if you ask me

You don't have to be so crude in all your comments
Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by ufotunang: 11:44am On Jan 16, 2022
If it's nigeria now.....judges will collect bribe not for him not to be deported

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by yemi1504: 11:50am On Jan 16, 2022
Romanoff:

That is why the Australian government couldn't take chances.

They are serious about vaccination in their country irrespective of who you are.

As should be in saner climes. They are obviously tired of burying people and how the serious hospitalizations of the unvaccinated is bogging down their healthcare system and leaving others with other ailments without care. Because let us face it, that is what is happening. Someone needs hospitalization in an hospital bed but that bed is filled by a Covid-19 patient who is a Covidiot and has refused to be vaccinated, is that not an inefficiency in the system we should not be seeing in saner climes but rather 3rd world countries? I rest my case.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Australian Open: Djokovic Loses Visa cancellation Appeal, Set To Be Deported by yemi1504: 11:53am On Jan 16, 2022
Ijaya123:
The law is no respecter of person.

Do you know what you’re talking about at all? One of the four Grand Slam is what you refer to as not a better tournament?

You better stop disgracing your self with this arrogance of ignorance

You are talking to him? How would he know it is an important tournament when the sport he only knows is football? For his information, when Djokovic is no longer world number 1 after the tournament, he will realize how important the tournament is. Shior.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Blessing Okagbare In The 100m Women's Final! / AFCON 2021: Mendy And Koulibaly Out Of Senegal Opener Versus Zimbabwe / Arsenal To Sign Kelechi Nwakali And Chukwueze Samuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.