Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? (1333 Views)

I Will Become A Christian Again If You Can Answer This Question / If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions / I Am Ready To Become A Christian Again On These 3 Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Steep(m): 11:59pm On Jan 17, 2022
Jackanda1:
Good morning.
I will be very brief with my story.

I was a staunch Christian before; born again, holyspirit filled and an evangelist. I wasn't a weak or a baby christian, God bares witness.

In 2014, my frequent visit to this site and following the founder caused me to loose faith. Of course I did not denounce religion in a day. It took time.

It came to a point that I began to question things, doubt all the experience i had as a Christian. To me they were all hallucinations , product of imagination and mental chemistry . In summary, I became a militant atheist.

Until 2019,strange, weird and sinister things started happening to me which i would not describe here, I don't want to start a debate. So i had enough sence to know that this things weren't scientific. It was then I started going to churches and meeting pastors, when they prayed for me, this things will end overtime another kind of problem begins. So I have to constantly seek for prayers.

If you are an atheist reading this, I want you to know that the world is not just physical, there is more.

OK, my problem is, I have been trying to get back to God, attending church frequently, praying, reading the bible but everything seems dead to me. I have said the prayer of salvation a thousand time but i just cannot have faith or believe again.

Have I committed the unpardonable sin, is it impossible to get back to God again according to Hebrews 6:4-8?
Perhaps God is speaking to your heart.
A man that has committed the unpardonable sin does not desire God or repentance anymore.
Spend your time read the book of John,
After reading Jesus words ask yourself, If you believe Jesus every bit, that he is the Son of God and can give eternal life to anyone who believe him.
Ask yourself if you have anything to lose if you believe Jesus words, what if you don't believe what would you lose?

Atheism just tells you this short life on earth is all there is,
With Jesus you have eternal life, a life that extends beyond this life for eternity.

Jesus present a God who love you enough to lay down his life for you.

Yes the world is evil full of pain, wickedness and hardship the bible teaches that God has a plan right from the garden of eden, that plan is in Jesus and that plan would finally be fulfilled in Revelation.
In summary, Christianity teaches that your life has purpose and meaning, and there is God who plans your good but atheism teaches a meaningless life, reject the idea of a Creator which we know that something cannot come from nothing, till today there are unsettling discovering in the scientific world that seem to show there is a creator.

With al these in mind which do you choose?

I think God has not abandon you but is still torching your heart please do not ignore it
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by jimmyjenseng(m): 12:46am On Jan 18, 2022
FreelanceRebel:

Your logic is faulty Bro. on object became and object when its has been created. If it doesn't exit how do you know that God can or cannot create it. What would be the characteristics of the object that will show it was an object.

It's a paradox that God can't escape. Simple. If he can create a stone so heavy he can't lift, then he is not omnipotent. Likewise, if he can't create such stone, then he's not also omnipotent. There's no middle ground in this.

I'll assume you know what a stone except you're trying to feign ignorance.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 7:14am On Jan 18, 2022
Professorcplus:

6. Create peace of mind within your mind.
can I create it with my laptop? cheesy
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 7:21am On Jan 18, 2022
Steep:

Perhaps God is speaking to your heart.
A man that has committed the unpardonable sin does not desire God or repentance anymore.
Spend your time read the book of John,
After reading Jesus words ask yourself, If you believe Jesus every bit, that he is the Son of God and can give eternal life to anyone who believe him.
Ask yourself if you have anything to lose if you believe Jesus words, what if you don't believe what would you lose?

Atheism just tells you this short life on earth is all there is,
With Jesus you have eternal life, a life that extends beyond this life for eternity.

Jesus present a God who love you enough to lay down his life for you.

Yes the world is evil full of pain, wickedness and hardship the bible teaches that God has a plan right from the garden of eden, that plan is in Jesus and that plan would finally be fulfilled in Revelation.
In summary, Christianity teaches that your life has purpose and meaning, and there is God who plans your good but atheism teaches a meaningless life, reject the idea of a Creator which we know that something cannot come from nothing, till today there are unsettling discovering in the scientific world that seem to show there is a creator.

With al these in mind which do you choose?

I think God has not abandon you but is still torching your heart please do not ignore it
ignore it? Lols. All i want now is to have my Jesus back. There is no peace in atheism
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 7:27am On Jan 18, 2022
FreelanceRebel:

Your logic is faulty Bro. on object became and object when its has been created. If it doesn't exit how do you know that God can or cannot create it. What would be the characteristics of the object that will show it was an object.
Its a waste of time debating with an atheist. You are only making things worse
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:14am On Jan 18, 2022
I think the only solution to your problem is here.
First of all you need to know what being a Christian truly means and what the world meant by Christian.
During the first century a Jewish couple named Joseph and Mary had a baby, the father wasn't responsible for the pregnancy but God spoke to him in a dream that the baby in the womb of his wife is the handiwork of the holy spirit.
Joseph adopted the baby and named him Jesus just has they heard from God. He taught the boy carpentry so the boy grew up to be known in the neighbourhood as a carpenter.
Back then a prophet named John the baptist was baptizing the Israelites in the Jordan river in preparation for the coming Christ (Messiah), Jesus also went to get baptized at age 29 years and there God's Holy Spirit returned like a dove, landed on Jesus and ever since then Jesus left everything behind, went into the wilderness and from that moment he became a preacher from house to house and door to door.

This was how Jesus began what we know today as Christianity in the first century.
He began gathering disciples who also took up the practice of going from house to house and door to door preaching zealously and industriously teaching people the good news of God's kingdom.

Jesus never charged anyone for the message so he ordered his followers not to charge but give out the message freely! Matthew 10:8
Jesus didn't support any political group {John 6:15} since he's preaching about God's government (kingdom) so his followers must not support any political group! John 17:16

Jesus never used physical weapons against anyone no matter what happens so his followers mustn't think of evil thoughts anyone even their enemies! Matthew 5:43-48; 26:52

Jesus taught his followers to always go for the preaching as a team and he often leads them in doing so that's why his disciples were easily recognized in a city known as Antioch! Act 11:26

Jesus loves everyone equally but has a special kind of love for people who share the same line of thought with him {Matthew 12:46-50} so his followers also go about preaching to people everywhere they go but among those having the same line of thought the bond is strong that everyone can SEE it! John 13:34-35

Jesus doesn't look down on anyone who is willing to listen to him so everyone is his friend even those people called sinners! Matthew 7:34

Jesus detests false religion so practicers of false religions wanted him dead! John 7:31-32; 11:53

All these things are practices of Jesus' disciples back then and today so there is no tribe, nation or country where Jesus' disciples are welcomed {Matthew 10:22-25} among them there Love that anywhere they are people are noticing it! Matthew 5:14-16

So have you ever had such experience in any group of people or you're just carried along with what people call CHRISTIANITY today?
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LordReed(m): 8:15am On Jan 18, 2022
Jackanda1:
Good morning.

I was a staunch Christian before; born again, holyspirit filled and an evangelist. I wasn't a weak or a baby christian, God bares witness.

In 2014, my frequent visit to this site and following the founder caused me to loose faith. Of course I did not denounce religion in a day. It took time.

It came to a point that I began to question things, doubt all the experience i had as a Christian. To me they were all hallucinations , product of imagination and mental chemistry . In summary, I became a militant atheist.

Until 2019,strange, weird and sinister things started happening to me which i would not describe here, I don't want to start a debate. So i had enough sence to know that this things weren't scientific. It was then I started going to churches and meeting pastors, when they prayed for me, this things will end overtime another kind of problem begins. So I have to constantly seek for prayers.

If you are an atheist reading this, I want you to know that the world is not just physical, there is more.

OK, my problem is, I have been trying to get back to God, attending church frequently, praying, reading the bible but everything seems dead to me. I have said the prayer of salvation a thousand time but i just cannot have faith or believe again.

Have I committed the unpardonable sin, is it impossible to get back to God again according to Hebrews 6:4-8?

Can you share what these strange experiences were and why you think it is proof of spiritual phenomenon?
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LordReed(m): 8:20am On Jan 18, 2022
Jackanda1:
ignore it? Lols. All i want now is to have my Jesus back. There is no peace in atheism

That may be your experience but you should refrain from generalising. I am an atheist and have been one for going to 4 years and I honestly have more peace than when I believed. Has it been all good? No. Has it been all bad? No. The same challenges I had as a believer are still the same ones I have now: how to take care of my family, how to balance my wants and needs, how to relate with people and the environment, etc. Your challenges don't go away because you became a Christian neither will they disappear if you became an atheist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Steep(m): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2022
LordReed:

That may be your experience but you should refrain from generalising. I am an atheist and have been one for going to 4 years and I honestly have more peace than when I believed. Has it been all good? No. Has it been all bad? No. The same challenges I had as a believer are still the same ones I have now: how to take care of my family, how to balance my wants and needs, how to relate with people and the environment, etc. Your challenges don't go away because you became a Christian neither will they disappear if you became an atheist.
Yeah challenges doesn't disappear because one is a Christian but being a Christian gives purpose and meaning to life.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LordReed(m): 8:53am On Jan 18, 2022
Steep:
Yeah challenges doesn't display because one is a Christian but being a Christian gives purpose and meaning to life.

Purpose and meaning can be derived from any position you have affinity to. Even terrorists will tell you they have purpose and meaning. I am an atheist and I have purpose and meaning. There is no one position that holds the exclusive ownership of purpose and meaning.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by bobestman(m): 8:58am On Jan 18, 2022
Jackanda1:
Good morning.

Your problem is that you don't believe you can know God Almighty yourself. The Bible says study and show yourself approved. It didn't say that your Religion aka Church will help you do that. God Almighty gave you No Religion or Church but His Word. The best place you can find him is inside your house not any building made with hands that He told you He does not dwell. So your first problem is that you think that you can only know the Sovereign God by going to Churches and following Mogs

Those signs you see when you stop going to Churches that also made you question many things they do there is the Awakening Signs. You begin to see many wrong things in the Churches that infuriates you and you also know it ought not to be so. Truly many things they teach there are the doctrines of Men not the Almighty Father. What you should have done at that stage is to separate yourself from them and try to seek the face of God Almighty yourself. Study the Word and try to understand yourself. You have no faith in yourself. Your believe so much in Churches and Mogs that is why you were easily decieved. When you see the Signs of the Awakening and didn't take advantage of it to study and grow, wicked Spirits will sow seed of hatred in your heart against God Almighty and hence you start speaking against Him

Those you see as Anthiests are those who see the Awakening Signs and their eyes opened to many wrongs in your Religions and instead of them to seek God Almighty and grow personally, they became bitter against Him instead of those Mogs who do the wrong things. They gave theenemy a chance to sow bitterness against God the Creator in them

Get yourself a KJV Bible. Study the Word Vigorously. That Word is Powerful that it can cleanse you from Sins, heal you and grant your heart desires if you study it properly. Reject strange voices when they come. Stick to growing with the Word. Their is nothing you went through that many didn't go through. Stop giving the enemy chances to decieve you. Many are called out separately to end false Religions.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2022
LordReed:

if the problems i had were 'challenges of life', i will still be an athiest today. It was beyond the natural, physical and medical. It's unhelpful and unwise to relate it to an atheist
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Steep(m): 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2022
LordReed:

Purpose and meaning can be derived from any position you have affinity to. Even terrorists will tell you they have purpose and meaning. I am an atheist and I have and meaning. There is no one position that holds the exclusive ownership of purpose and meaning.
And what is that purpose or meaning?
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LordReed(m): 1:46pm On Jan 18, 2022
Jackanda1:
if the problems i had were 'challenges of life', i will still be an athiest today. It was beyond the natural, physical and medical. It's unhelpful and unwise to relate it to an atheist

Yet you want us to believe there is something more. If you think it is unhelpful and unwise then why did you make that statement? Are we simply to believe because you say so?
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LordReed(m): 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
Steep:
And what is that purpose or meaning?

I have several. One short term purpose I have is to safely convey my children to and from school. A long term purpose I have is to retire into relative comfort. I derive meaning from the things I take pleasure in and the things that I do not like.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Steep(m): 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2022
LordReed:

I have several. One short term purpose I have is to safely convey my children to and from school. A long term purpose I have is to retire into relative comfort. I derive meaning from the things I take pleasure in and the things that I do not like.
then that is no purpose at all, a purpose is the reason for which something is made.
It is safe to say your life really has no purpose or meaning just what you imagine it to be, right?
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LordReed(m): 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
Steep:
then that is no purpose at all, a purpose is the reason for which something is made.
It is safe to say your life really has no purpose or meaning just what you imagine it to be, right?

And who are you to tell me that my purpose is not to safely convey my children to and from school? By what standard do you get to pontificate that my life has no meaning or purpose because it is not the meaning and purpose you think it should have?
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Steep(m): 2:59pm On Jan 18, 2022
LordReed:

And who are you to tell me that my purpose is not to safely convey my children to and from school? By what standard do you get to pontificate that my life has no meaning or purpose because it is not the meaning and purpose you think it should have?
From your statement,

LordReed:

Purpose and meaning can be derived from any position you have affinity to. Even terrorists will tell you they have purpose and meaning. I am an atheist and I have and meaning. There is no one position that holds the exclusive ownership of purpose and meaning.
According to you our purpose and meaning is base on what we think it is right?
It means life has no meaning except what we think it is. And since we nothing but mindless interacting atoms and molecules, it is all gibberish at the end of day.
What you have successfully said 8s life has no meaning except what we imagined it to be, which is illusion.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Dliquidmetal(m): 3:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
LordReed:

that guy is hilarious grin he isn't open minded enough to know people have different purposes and the fact that it wasn't in line with his own purpose he couldn't wrap his head around it(as with many religious people)
Someone's personal purpose might be hunting and its not a problem but this people are too shallow to understand.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Steep(m): 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dliquidmetal:
that guy is hilarious grin he isn't open minded enough to know people have different purposes and the fact that it wasn't in line with his own purpose he couldn't wrap his head around it(as with many religious people)
Someone's personal purpose might be hunting and its not a problem but this people are too shallow to understand.
what if someone believes his purpose to kill people and commit rape hope it is OK, since everyone's purpose base on their imagination Lol
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Dliquidmetal(m): 3:45pm On Jan 18, 2022
Steep:
what if someone believes his purpose to kill people and commit rape hope it is OK, since everyone's purpose base on their imagination Lol

A purpose is a purpose,if your purpose is to kill people then that's yours to deal with but it still doesn't change the fact that purpose is a personal thing which everyone is free to define independently.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
LordReed:

Yet you want us to believe there is something more. If you think it is unhelpful and unwise then why did you make that statement? Are we simply to believe because you say so?
my post was for christians not atheist
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LordReed(m): 4:24pm On Jan 18, 2022
Jackanda1:
my post was for christians not atheist

Really? Was it your twin who posted this:

Jackanda1:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LordReed(m): 4:30pm On Jan 18, 2022
Steep:

From your statement,

According to you our purpose and meaning is base on what we think it is right?
It means life has no meaning except what we think it is. And since we nothing but mindless interacting atoms and molecules, it is all gibberish at the end of day.
What you have successfully said 8s life has no meaning except what we imagined it to be, which is illusion.

And why does what we imagine it to be mean that it is meaningless? How can it be meaningless if meaning is only to be found in minds? Have you ever seen meaning floating around and you can point to it and say there goes meaning? Or do you think real hard about what meaning is and then hold it in your mind? But sure if you find meaning floating around by all means catch some for me.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LordReed(m): 4:34pm On Jan 18, 2022
Dliquidmetal:

Yeah. I don't blame him though, lack of exposure to different concepts is endemic to this our Naija space.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2022
LordReed:

Really? Was it your twin who posted this:
What i posted was an opinion. You don't have to believe me at all.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LordReed(m): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2022
Jackanda1:
What i posted was an opinion. You don't have to believe me at all.

Well what you posted has nothing for me to believe or disbelieve in the first place. You refuse to supply any facts that can lead me to make an informed decision.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Was Jesus Circumcised? / Wind & Fire 2008 Campmeeting In Portharcourt / Did Jesus Have Long Hair?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.