Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,084 members, 7,828,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? (1332 Views)

I Will Become A Christian Again If You Can Answer This Question / If You Are An Atheist, You Should Have An Answer To These Questions / I Am Ready To Become A Christian Again On These 3 Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 11:09am On Jan 16, 2022
Good morning.
I will be very brief with my story.

I was a staunch Christian before; born again, holyspirit filled and an evangelist. I wasn't a weak or a baby christian, God bares witness.

In 2014, my frequent visit to this site and following the founder caused me to loose faith. Of course I did not denounce religion in a day. It took time.

It came to a point that I began to question things, doubt all the experience i had as a Christian. To me they were all hallucinations , product of imagination and mental chemistry . In summary, I became a militant atheist.

Until 2019,strange, weird and sinister things started happening to me which i would not describe here, I don't want to start a debate. So i had enough sence to know that this things weren't scientific. It was then I started going to churches and meeting pastors, when they prayed for me, this things will end overtime another kind of problem begins. So I have to constantly seek for prayers.

If you are an atheist reading this, I want you to know that the world is not just physical, there is more.

OK, my problem is, I have been trying to get back to God, attending church frequently, praying, reading the bible but everything seems dead to me. I have said the prayer of salvation a thousand time but i just cannot have faith or believe again.

Have I committed the unpardonable sin, is it impossible to get back to God again according to Hebrews 6:4-8?

1 Like

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Achor1111(m): 11:25am On Jan 16, 2022
It is POSSIBLE.
what GOD can not do, does not exist
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by matrix199(m): 11:34am On Jan 16, 2022
You're just a confused fellow with a broken compass

5 Likes

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 11:35am On Jan 16, 2022
Achor1111:
It is POSSIBLE.
brother, its been 2years + of struggle.Going to Church is torture. I can't find any peace....
How do you interpret Hebrew6:4-8?
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 11:35am On Jan 16, 2022
matrix199:
You're just a confused fellow.
how do you mean?

I Created this thread to get help from christians, but its funny to see athiest coming to the rescue.
You guys can't help bashing God, can you? cheesy
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by kingxsamz(m): 11:54am On Jan 16, 2022
Probably a Christian hiding behind this account, but let's assume you're for real.

You're just a confused fellow.
Atheism is the lack of belief in a god or gods, simple as that. If problems in your life have to make you believe in a god, then it just makes you a desperate person willing to do anything just to be "normal" again, even if it means going back to your former religion. You're just confused, nothing more.
I can't be having problems and my problems will make me believe in the existence of Zeus, Santa Claus or tooth fairies. That's clownery. Also, remember that more than half of the entire population of Christians are experiencing too many problems in their lives that Prayers didn't solve. You're not different.

5 Likes

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by matrix199(m): 11:56am On Jan 16, 2022
Jackanda1:
how do you mean?
The fact you had doubts about religious teachings because of what you read didn't make you an atheist. You chose to stay away from church and that affected your church-going attitude. Here's my advice. Truly 'only fools(ignorami) say there's no God(Nature). Look around, the sea didn't make itself, the mountain, the atmosphere and the universe. Try very hard to regain your church-going attitude by pushing on. Although the church is not an embassy where visa to eternity is issued, it is a gathering of people who who genuinely show you love and care. Plus, it's the least gathering where you'd likey be killed of jealousy or envy.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2022
matrix199:
The fact you had doubts about religious teachings because of what you read didn't make you an atheist. You chose to stay away from church and that affected your church-going attitude. Here's my advice.
I am suprised at your reply. Why do you think you know more about my experience than myself?
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by matrix199(m): 12:13pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jackanda1:
I am suprised at your reply. Why do you think you know more about my experience than myself?
You woud have to screen through all my posts/quotes to dig out the answer.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Mosesbutez(m): 3:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jackanda1:

Until 2019,strange, weird and sinister things started happening to me which i would not describe here, I don't want to start a debate. So i had enough sence to know that this things weren't scientific. It was then I started going to churches and meeting pastors, when they prayed for me, this things will end overtime another kind of problem begins. So I have to constantly seek for prayers.

If you are an atheist reading this, I want you to know that the world is not just physical, there is more.

OK, my problem is, I have been trying to get back to God, attending church frequently, praying, reading the bible but everything seems dead to me. I have said the prayer of salvation a thousand time but i just cannot have faith or believe again.

Have I committed the unpardonable sin, is it impossible to get back to God again according to Hebrews 6:4-8?

The fact that your heart yearns to return to fellowship with God means that you are on the right track. It's the holy spirit that was drawing you to Christ again.

The reason you don't feel the same way as before was that you are comdenming yourself subconiously. Just remember that you're the rightousness of God via Christ. God loves you immensely.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Dliquidmetal(m): 4:04pm On Jan 16, 2022
Not alot of people can handle the realities of life thats why religion was created,so you would have something to believe in when you are experiencing the lows of life.
P.s you were never an atheist, more like an agnostic fella,It takes balls to remain fully unplugged.

2 Likes

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by petra1(m): 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jackanda1:
G.

You haven't committed the umpardonable sin. Its either you weren't born again before. Or you were born again but not spiritually mature. But you have not committed the apostasy. If you have you don't have conscience after God as you do. So for the fact that you desire God shows All is fine
You just need to be under a minister of God to tutor you. The umpardonable sin can only be committed by a minister of God who backside
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Kobojunkie: 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jackanda1:
First and foremost, have you at least solicited the help of a professional mental health therapist in helping you understand if these strange, weird, sinister things aren't of mental origin abeg? The human mind is built a powerful machine with power to delude and decieve those who are not paying attention into believing lies it generates. undecided

Secondly, you ending up back in the hands of pastors and mogs after your time away from God - falling back into the same pit that you were struggling to pull yourself out of- leads me to believe even more that whatever experiences you may have had to bring you right back to where you started wasn't of God. undecided

God is not found in the arms of your Pastors and mogs. What you described here in your story reminds me of what Jesus Christ said of evil spirits playing with people who are empty hence evil in Matthew 12 vs 43 - 45 undecided

Also, the only unforgivable sin in the Kingdom of God is the sin of blasphemy and this only applies to those who have had a direct encounter with the Holy Spirit. And only those who are Holy/Perfect vessels, this by knowing the Truth (John 8 vs 31 - 44) through continuous submission to and obedience of the teachings of Jesus Christ , can become Sons of God , worthy individuals for Jesus Christ and God to live inside of them - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

So, please stop obsessing and being anxious about nothing. What you should concern yourself with is your mental health and the fact that you are back to trading the very same doctrines and traditions of men( and their churches) which Jesus Christ warned you, from over 2000 years ago, were an abomination where the Truth of God is concerned- Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13. undecided
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by LikeAking: 5:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jackanda1:
Good morning.
I will be very brief with my story.

I was a staunch Christian before; born again, holyspirit filled and an evangelist. I wasn't a weak or a baby christian, God bares witness.

In 2014, my frequent visit to this site and following the founder caused me to loose faith. Of course I did not denounce religion in a day. It took time.

It came to a point that I began to question things, doubt all the experience i had as a Christian. To me they were all hallucinations , product of imagination and mental chemistry . In summary, I became a militant atheist.

U re a chiken.

Reason.

U think xtains dont have problems?

or u think as a human being u wont face problems?

Learn hw to become a problem solver any u will be fine.

The spritual is over rated.

1 Like

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
LikeAking:

U re a chiken.

Reason.

U think xtains dont have problems?

or u think as a human being u wont face problems?

Learn hw to become a problem solver any u will be fine.

The spritual is over rated.

i use to think like this when i was an athiest. You will never really understand certain things, unless u experience them urself
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2022
petra1:

You haven't committed the umpardonable sin. Its either you weren't born again before. Or you were born again but not spiritually mature. But you have not committed the apostasy. If you have you don't have conscience after God as you do. So for the fact that you desire God shows All is fine
You just need to be under a minister of God to tutor you. The umpardonable sin can only be committed by a minister of God who backside
have u read Hebrews6:4-8?
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by petra1(m): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jackanda1:
have u read Hebrews6:4-8?

Yes ..it gave qualification. The man who committed unpardonable sin will not be asking questions about God. He will be full of Hatred for God. There is no more conscience for God in his heart

2 Likes

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
petra1:

Yes ..it gave qualification. The man who committed unpardonable sin will not be asking questions about God. He will be full of Hatred for God. There is no more conscience for God in his heart
I hope this is the case. What i fear more in that scripture is the word 'impossible'.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 6:45pm On Jan 16, 2022
Dliquidmetal:
Not alot of people can handle the realities of life thats why religion was created,so you would have something to believe in when you are experiencing the lows of life.
P.s you were never an atheist, more like an agnostic fella,It takes balls to remain fully unplugged.
when the powers in high places come for you like it happened in my case, your balls will disappear
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Dliquidmetal(m): 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jackanda1:
when the powers in high places come for you like it happened in my case, your balls will disappear
grin okay mate,I'd be expecting those powers. I'm not you and you do not know what I've experienced but you assume when life gets rough for me I'd chicken like you

2 Likes

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Kobojunkie: 8:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jackanda1:
What powers are those? undecided
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 9:25pm On Jan 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What powers are those? undecided
if you're an athiest, you won't understand. Trust me
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jackanda1:
if you're an athiest, you won't understand. Trust me
I didn't ask you the question as an atheist. So explain please, what powers are those? undecided

1 Like

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Jackanda1(m): 9:36pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mosesbutez:

The fact that your heart yearns to return to fellowship with God means that you are on the right track. It's the holy spirit that was drawing you to Christ again.

The reason you don't feel the same way as before was that you are comdenming yourself subconiously. Just remember that you're the rightousness of God via Christ. God loves you immensely.
thanks.
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by petra1(m): 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2022
Jackanda1:
I hope this is the case. What i fear more in that scripture is the word 'impossible'.

The qualification is for Ex Pastors or ministers .

Heb 6:4 — Heb 6:6 (KJV)
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened,

. . .and have tasted of the heavenly gift,

. . and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,

. . 5 And have tasted the good word of God,

. . .and the powers of the world to come, 6 If they shall fall away,

so it's talking about People who have gotten to the point of Working miracles etc
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Professorcplus(m): 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2022
Jackanda1:
Kobojunkie:
I didn't ask you the question as an atheist. So explain please, what powers are those? undecided

Been a while. Mtcheeew is this suppose to be a joke. Human has emotion but I detest when men with balls act like a pu$.$y
The are four categories of religious people in 9ja. Using christian religion.

1. The christian christian:
2. The christian atheist (atheist christian)
3. The atheist atheist.

The christian christian are majorly people that follow blindly religious doctrine with fear, lover of pastor. Are majorly hypocrite and no love for humanity. Serving God for their selfish desire or solving their generational problem. Their sense of reasoning has been on lockdown. And they fall prey of gimmic of most con men. In one word, they are fanatic.

The christian atheist, are moderately inclined with reasoning, doesn't belief in superstition, and mostly doctrine but still follow but not blindly put God first has love for fellow human, worship God because it just make then feel good and makes then have some sence of purpose. They are not fanatic but mostly do things good out of moral and good conscience.

The atheist has overcome the purpose religion is serving which means they don't live according to the dictate or religion bases. An atheist can be cruel and inhumane. But majority are good with kind heart, so I you see an atheist make friends with then but keep your religious belief private.

OP, your life, your experience, put please don't be that first Christian christian category I mentioned except you are gaining from it like enjoying the thite and offering with private jet. Summary.
1. Don't be the prey in religious house food chain.
2. If you want to go to church do it because you want to serve God not pastor & not because you're bored or because of na you get problem pass.
3. Mental health is under rated in this part of the world. Your pastor(most) is only inclined/ biased in religious aspect, seek for professional therapist.
4. If your sense of purpose is diminishing, start personal development, journal, listen to podcasts, learn new skill, create goals and time to achieve it. Everything should be about spirikoko religion.
5. Develop humanitarian attitude, help people if you can, give if you have, visit idp, motherless homes hospital where so ever your impact is needed. Do this things not to expect anything in return. And if you want to be paying free money to pastor, do it but not for God to bless you in 10 fold. That's is a selfish giving.
6. Create peace of mind within your mind. Hope I help
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by odinson1(m): 8:18pm On Jan 17, 2022
Achor1111:
It is POSSIBLE.

Can God Create A stone so heavy, that even he cannot Lift?
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 17, 2022
strange, weird and sinister things started happening
Interested in knowing what happened so I can comment accurately.

You don't need to get back to God. He is right they waiting for you to do the right thing. Believe that he is. Hebrew 11vs6

Whatever you are passing through, you should know that people have passed through same or more situations.

Rather than meeting pastors up and down, find someone with similar case and how they resolve it

1 Like

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 17, 2022
odinson1:

Can God Create A stone so heavy, that even he cannot Lift?

If God can create it, he will lift it
Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by odinson1(m): 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2022
FreelanceRebel:

If God can create it, he will lift it

Then it means God isn't omnipotent,for not being able to create Something so Heavy,that would be impossible for even him to lift.

You get the drift? If he is unable to create such object,it means he is not Omnipotent.

And if he does create such object,and is unable to lift it,he is Also not Omnipotent because he is UNABLE to life That object.

It's a Paradox that even God cannot Escape from cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Once You Become An Atheist, You Cannot Become A Christian Again? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
odinson1:

Then it means God isn't omnipotent,for not being able to create Something so Heavy,that would be impossible for even him to lift.

You get the drift? If he is unable to create such object,it means he is not Omnipotent.

And if he does create such object,and is unable to lift it,he is Also not Omnipotent because he is UNABLE to life That object.

It's a Paradox that even God cannot Escape from cheesy

Your logic is faulty Bro. on object became and object when its has been created. If it doesn't exit how do you know that God can or cannot create it. What would be the characteristics of the object that will show it was an object.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Satan Able To Make Some Women Conceive Babies? / The Truth About Astral Projection That All Christians Should Know / The First Christian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.