Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,616 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year (1140 Views)

Nairalander And His Family Travelling To The UK For The First Time. / I Relocated To Village For Farming And Am Now Regretting It. / My Cousin Who Got Married Last Year July Is Actually Thinking Of Leaving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by Geonigga(m): 11:48am On Jan 16, 2022
It was on the 24th December, 2021, when I decided to travel down to East in order to celebrate the Christmas with my parent and siblings in the village. Concidentally, that very day marks one year of my survival from a ghastly accident that led to the loss of my previous car. It happens that during the trip which I embarked on with my private car which i was the driver of the car. A strange number called and I was a bit relunctant to take the call but I have to take it in case it was a friend or relative who wishes to know how the journey is progressing but to my greatest chagrin the voice was that of my uncle whom I suspected to be the person behind the accident I had on the 24th December, 2020.
When I answered the call, I discovered that the voice was that of my uncle, I had to repeatedly retorted hello! hello! and hanged up the call while still on the wheels.
After I hanged up the call abruptly, my mind was just recounting while did this my uncle called me with a strange number and not his two numbers I have on my contact list? on the other thought , I concluded that he knows I won't pick the call at the moment since I was driving.
Do you that this uncle of mine gave me instant 4 missed calls using the said strange number but I didn't bother taking the calls since I already know who was calling, thus more revealing, I noticed that at the very moment while on speed let's say at 120km I tried applying the break but the pedal went flat and I have to release it and applied again before it manages to response. I kept that to myself because I was not alone in the car but subsequently, the break came back to normal. When I arrived the village around 5pm, I checked my phone in order to return the calls I missed during the trip, I then called this my uncle under-reference to know why he was calling because he has never called like that recently but to my bereavement, when he picked my call, he didnt say anything to justify the consistent 4 missed calls after I apologised to him on for missing his calls because I was on the wheels travelling to the village. Before I conclude, it may also pique your imagination to know that after I was involved in an accident with my previous car on the 24/12/2020 which was within the metropolis where I reside, this same uncle that has never called for the past 3 months before the incidence called later in the day around 7:30pm to know how I'm doing without any cogent reason. Please I have been thinking about the whole incidents cuople with the corroboration from the recent happenings, is it that this uncle of mine is trying to eliminate me by all means.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by Bola146(f): 11:50am On Jan 16, 2022
If you want to receive calls, always pack, don't be on the motion! Even if your village people are after you, prevent yourself by avoiding some mistakes. If your instincts are saying something, note them down and work towards it. It's not by force to pick strange calls while you are traveling home again then. Not all relations must know all your life movements please

7 Likes

Re: My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by Ceejhea(m): 11:59am On Jan 16, 2022
King Solomon is known as one of the wisest leaders to have ever lived, interestingly enough, he had much to write about friendship and the benefits derived from such relationships.

Click Link Below To See The characteristics of a Good Friend

https://arenahub.org/characteristics-of-a-good-friend/

1 Like

Re: My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by TarOrfeeek: 12:23pm On Jan 16, 2022
angry

In all these things you still have your Uncle's number on your phone.

Two of them for that matter.

You are not a wise person and I'm sure your guardian angel must have washed his hands off your case.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by SUPERPACK: 12:34pm On Jan 16, 2022
Why will you pick a call while driving at 120km/hr? You are risking your life and that of other road users.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by Geonigga(m): 12:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
The 120km was after I received the call from the strange number, that was when I applied the pedal but no response...
Re: My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by Geonigga(m): 12:45pm On Jan 16, 2022
TarOrfeeek:
angry

In all these things you still have your Uncle's number on your phone.

Two of them for that matter.

You are not a wise person and I'm sure your guardian angel must have washed his hands odd your case.
why I still keep his numbers is to identify him whenever he calls to decide whether to take his call or not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by GboyegaD(m): 12:50pm On Jan 16, 2022
Learn not to disclose too much information. As for your car, please check the brake pads and do proper servicing before driving it again.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by ibechris(m): 1:20pm On Jan 16, 2022
See anytime I am travelling to village and if it happens that my dad is not at home i don't visit any uncle nor pick their calls if am heading to the village.

If he wants to call,let him call his brother who is my dad...I dont owe any uncle anything. I started fearing my uncle when he asked me if I had graduated and i said yes,then he said I should not worry that his children too would some day graduate. That was a huge red flag.

My advice
Avoid uncles like this,he wanted to know if u were coming to the village but he didn't want to come out clean
Some uncles are pretty good even far better than some fathers but many of them don't like to see their brother sons or daughters do well in life. Pls,avoid him and avoid troubles.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by capnies: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
NOBODY IS AFTER YOU, ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN DUE TO VEHICLE MALFUNCTION AND CARELESSNESS OR MISTAKES FROM THE PERSON WITH THE STIRRING. WE ARE TOO QUICK TO ACCUSE PEOPLE ESPECIALLY OF UNSEEN MATTER'S THE EUROPEANS AND AMERICANS WE ARE FOLLOWING ARE THEY THINKING THIS WAY. WERE YOU TRAVELLING TO HEAVEN THAT YOU WOULD BE DRIVING AT 120KM/HR?
IF YOU HAD ACCIDENT THEN YOU WOULD HAVE BLAMED YOUR UNCLE BECAUSE COINCIDENTALLY HE CALLED YOU BEFORE THE ACCIDENT AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, HE LIVES IN THE VILLAGE.
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT ARE ACCUSING YOUR FATHER OF BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PLIGHTS? ALL THESE ARE RUBBISH, NOONE IS AFTER YOU, ONLY YOU CAN BE AFTER YOURSELF. GET CLOSE TO GOD AND DUMP NEGATIVE THOUGHTS

1 Like

Re: My Experience Whlie Travelling To Village Last Year by nairalanded: 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Depression setting in! / Married Twice, Bereaved Twice, Is She Under Any Spell? Can She Marry Again? / I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.