Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring (1160 Views)

I Have Decided To Marry Her Corpse / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years / Finally, I Have Decided To Leave Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 7:37am On May 07, 2023
Asides wanting to go into real estate, I figured learning fashion designing would put food on our tables long before I start making it in the real estate sector (IMO ๐Ÿ˜’)

My reason for choosing Tailoring?
While I made researches, I realized most people are willing to employ ladies with basic tailoring skills to assist them when they have large projects. This means before I complete my Tailoring classes, I may be earning from the side.

And even when I'm through, I necessarily do not need to own a shop. I can start with working for people, till I'm able to save up some money and stand on my own.

When I finally become independent. I'll love to go into making RTW outfits, Come up with my styles .. Make them and sell๐Ÿค—
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by eezeribe(m): 7:42am On May 07, 2023
It's a good decision...

3 Likes

Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by doggedfighter(f): 7:43am On May 07, 2023
Yes, you are on the right track.

Go ahead !

3 Likes

Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 7:45am On May 07, 2023
What's Stopping me??

Funds, Money.. I have no one to sponsor me sadly, I had hoped on selling a Gas cooker My Ex husband and I purchased last year (but abandoned at the sellers shop) only for me to call the seller to inquire about the Gas and she told me "Oga already came for a Refund since January " but I have the receipt, No one told me I was confused.. but it is what it is. ๐Ÿคท

I wish I had properties to sell, or something to do to raise money. The little trainings I've been holding is just what has been sustaining us, but for weeks now.. Nothing has happened, and I don't know what else to do
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 8:22am On May 07, 2023
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Typing: 9:00am On May 07, 2023
yumyogo:

Check your mail
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 9:07am On May 07, 2023
I would have loved to borrow money from these Loan Apps but my Ex Husband borrowed 375k from a Loan app with my phone and didn't pay back.

Now, my details have been sent to Credit Bureau and I'll never be able to use or borrow from Loan Institutions (I already tried)
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by hazureal(f): 1:51pm On May 07, 2023
yumyogo:
What's Stopping me??

Funds, Money.. I have no one to sponsor me sadly, I had hoped on selling a Gas cooker My Ex husband and I purchased last year (but abandoned at the sellers shop) only for me to call the seller to inquire about the Gas and she told me "Oga already came for a Refund since January " but I have the receipt, No one told me I was confused.. but it is what it is. ๐Ÿคท

I wish I had properties to sell, or something to do to raise money. The little trainings I've been holding is just what has been sustaining us, but for weeks now.. Nothing has happened, and I don't know what else to do

If you're really serious about learning fashion design/tailoring, go and meet any tailor in your neighbourhood and speak with him/her. You'll need to convince the trainer you're unable to afford training for now. You may be asked to sign a contract about you working for your trainer for a couple of months after the training though.
If you're around Alimosho axis in lagos state, I can help you with a few tools and fabrics to make your training easier.

1 Like

Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 07, 2023
hazureal:

If you're really serious about learning fashion design/tailoring, go and meet any tailor in your neighbourhood and speak with him/her. You'll need to convince the trainer you're unable to afford training for now. You may be asked to sign a contract about you working for your trainer for a couple of months after the training though.
If you're around Alimosho axis in lagos state, I can help you with a few tools and fabrics to make your training easier.

Thanks a lot, I'll try that. But I'm not in Lagos
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 08, 2023
I'm back!

So I visited the hospital today for my ANC appointment, I seriously can't wait to put to bed just so I can face what's ahead of me without anything standing in my way ๐Ÿ™ƒ

As suggested, I used the opportunity to visit the two tailors around my vicinity that are quite good at what they do. First Lady is a Young Woman like myself. It seemed she didn't like the idea of learning from her without a fee, the only thing she said was "she doesn't train people currently"
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 08, 2023
The second woman in her early 40s or so.. Said "It won't be nice to just come empty handed just like that, She's had bad experiences with Ladies whom she let in believing they'd pay later but they ended up disappearing when they had gotten what they wanted" And i understood her completely, she even asked her apprentices to confirm two similar scenarios which they did. She added by saying "If I can at least come up with half the money, and sign an agreement regarding when I'll pay up then she'd take me in"

Again she pointed out her apprentices who were learning on those terms.. I just thanked her and left.
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 08, 2023
She had more apprentices working with her and they had quite a lot of projects at hand too compared to the younger lady (She works alone)

I'm glad I got this exposition today tho..
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On May 08, 2023
yumyogo:
Asides wanting to go into real estate, I figured learning fashion designing would put food on our tables long before I start making it in the real estate sector (IMO ๐Ÿ˜’)
My reason for choosing Tailoring?
While I made researches, I realized most people are willing to employ ladies with basic tailoring skills to assist them when they have large projects. This means before I complete my Tailoring classes, I may be earning from the side. And even when I'm through, I necessarily do not need to own a shop. I can start with working for people, till I'm able to save up some money and stand on my own. When I finally become independent. I'll love to go into making RTW outfits, Come up with my styles .. Make them and sell๐Ÿค—
Good luck! smiley

1 Like

Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 10:12pm On May 08, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Good luck! smiley

Thank youuuuu smiley
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 10, 2023
๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 10, 2023
Please help me... I need a Sponsor as I can't help myself. If you have a fashion school in Abuja, Please admit me. I really need this
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 10:28am On May 11, 2023
Good morning..
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 12, 2023
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 14, 2023
Dear Nairalanders, Can someone please loan or assist me with 7k. I finally got a buyer for my Generator and transporting myself to her Location in Lugbe from Mine would cost โ‚ฆ3,600.

I'll need 7k just incase I meet her absence or something else comes up that would require me to take it back just so I don't get stranded. I'll share live updates as well as alerts if it's successful as well as payback.

Please... I'm hoping to get it delivered either on Tuesday or after my hospital appointment tomorrow please guys, help me out

(The money realised from selling my Generator would be used to pay my toddlers school fees, foodstuff, buy my baby's stuff and reserve some for my hospital bill etc )

Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by nicerod(m): 4:34pm On May 14, 2023
Nice one bro

Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 14, 2023
Can someone please help me cry
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by sisisioge: 12:27am On May 15, 2023
yumyogo:
Dear Nairalanders, Can someone please loan or assist me with 7k. I finally got a buyer for my Generator and transporting myself to her Location in Lugbe from Mine would cost โ‚ฆ3,600.

I'll need 7k just incase I meet her absence or something else comes up that would require me to take it back just so I don't get stranded. I'll share live updates as well as alerts if it's successful as well as payback.

Please... I'm hoping to get it delivered either on Tuesday or after my hospital appointment tomorrow please guys, help me out

(The money realised from selling my Generator would be used to pay my toddlers school fees, foodstuff, buy my baby's stuff and reserve some for my hospital bill etc )

My sister, honestly you need to rethink the mode of exchange here. If you sell Gen for 50k and incur 3.6k to 7k in selling it without guarantee, it is means your selling price just went down and cost of doing the business went up. Simply tell the buyer to pickup or pay for delivery to ....

1. Reduce your cost of selling
2. Assure their patronage
3. Reduce your personal stress.

If you must deliver at your own cost and dont mind the extra, ask for payment upfront.

You're going through too much to allow yourself get into unnecessary stressful situations fa. Dont set yourself up for further financial wahala biko.
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 12:47am On May 15, 2023
sisisioge:

My sister, honestly you need to rethink the mode of exchange here. If you sell Gen for 50k and incur 3.6k to 7k in selling it without guarantee, it is means your selling price just went down and cost of doing the business went up. Simply tell the buyer to pickup or pay for delivery to ....

1. Reduce your cost of selling
2. Assure their patronage
3. Reduce your personal stress.

If you must deliver at your own cost and dont mind the extra, ask for payment upfront.

You're going through too much to allow yourself get into unnecessary stressful situations fa. Dont set yourself up for further financial wahala biko.

She'd pay as soon as she tests it upon delivery. My place is quite far from hers and considering the reason and urgency in selling it, it's better I deliver to her. Otherwise why would anyone drive all the way from her location to mine to buy something she could easily get elsewhere and maybe even at a cheaper rate..
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by sisisioge: 1:01am On May 15, 2023
yumyogo:

She'd pay as soon as she tests it upon delivery. My place is quite far from hers and considering the reason and urgency in selling it, it's better I deliver to her. Otherwise why would anyone drive all the way from her location to mine to buy something she could easily get elsewhere and maybe even at a cheaper rate..

Ok...it is well.
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 8:52am On May 15, 2023
Good morning!
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Prosperity4All: 1:29am On Jun 05, 2023
yumyogo:
I would have loved to borrow money from these Loan Apps but my Ex Husband borrowed 375k from a Loan app with my phone and didn't pay back.

Now, my details have been sent to Credit Bureau and I'll never be able to use or borrow from Loan Institutions (I already tried)
Abuja Ol0Sho claims husband left her for another woman while pregnant all in a bid to scam kind hearted Nigerians.
Your pregnancy story maybe true (and you don't know who is responsible) but why make a non-existing man look bad
Only you Zamar44 (selling stock fish, now deactivated), TeaorCoffee , Mzfetcher , Yumyogo
You can still get donations and help if you are straight forward without cooking lies but that would require you clean up your character and you aren't ready to. While pregnant you are here on Nairaland looking for a single Dad to cohabit with in public glare grin grin
Scumbags like you make it difficult for genuine people to get help
Oya change to another moniker and continue the scamming

Cc. @imagrg
@Justmoneyweb
@wodu89
@kunmisola

2 Likes

Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 2:51am On Jun 05, 2023
Prosperity4All:

Abuja Ol0Sho claims husband left her for another woman while pregnant all in a bid to scam kind hearted Nigerians.
Your pregnancy story maybe true (and you don't know who is responsible) but why make a non-existing man look bad
Only you Zamar44 (selling stock fish, now deactivated), TeaorCoffee , Mzfetcher , Yumyogo
You can still get donations and help if you are straight forward without cooking lies but that would require you clean up your character and you aren't ready to. While pregnant you are here on Nairaland looking for a single Dad to cohabit with in public glare grin grin
Scumbags like you make it difficult for genuine people to get help
Oya change to another moniker and continue the scamming

Cc. @imagrg
@Justmoneyweb
@wodu89
@kunmisola

Just before you call me names .. Please be sure you're not wrong. I'm not a scammer neither am i a scumbag or an Olosho, and if there's anyone who would like to verify my story.. I will be giving my 100% cooperation and details too...

Non existing man you said? It's fine! It's a bank tract. right? The statement of account is there.. This non existing man has a name, a face and records. If you're willing to verify my story "Yourself" I'll give you his name.. Picture and our address... You can visit and ask people about us just with the pictures.

For clarity sakes: I started hustling at an early age. Before our marriage, he got me pregnant and absconded only to return when the kid was over a year to make things right which he did but never stopped cheating Until now...

Life for me has ALWAYS BEEN HARD AND UNFAIR!
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Prosperity4All: 6:55am On Jun 05, 2023
yumyogo:

Just before you call me names .. Please be sure you're not wrong. I'm not a scammer neither am i a scumbag or an Olosho, and if there's anyone who would like to verify my story.. I will be giving my 100% cooperation and details too...

Non existing man you said? It's fine! It's a bank tract. right? The statement of account is there.. This non existing man has a name, a face and records. If you're willing to verify my story "Yourself" I'll give you his name.. Picture and our address... You can visit and ask people about us just with the pictures.

For clarity sakes: I started hustling at an early age. Before our marriage, he got me pregnant and absconded only to return when the kid was over a year to make things right which he did but never stopped cheating Until now...

Life for me has ALWAYS BEEN HARD AND UNFAIR!
It's left for those who gave you "assistance" as Yumyogo And those who transacted with you as Zamar44 to decide if they were scammed. They can call you scammer.
I already have enough evidences (picture and address) of you. DON'T take down any of your posts here on Nairaland. If you do, I will publish your personal details, then you can investigate and prove that I have been wrong.

Modified:
You write well and pretty educated. Use the skill without false pretences and you will be fine.
I guess you don't know the law that talks of OBT (obtaining by tricks) . If you do then you will understand why you can be taken up legally.

Cc. @imagrg
@Justmoneyweb
@wodu89
@kunmisola
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 05, 2023
Prosperity4All:

It's left for those who gave you "assistance" as Yumyogo And those who transacted with you as Zamar44 to decide if they were scammed. They can call you scammer.
I already have enough evidences (picture and address) of you. DON'T take down any of your posts here on Nairaland. If you do, I will publish your personal details, then you can investigate and prove that I have been wrong.

Cc. @imagrg
@Justmoneyweb
@wodu89
@kunmisola

Go ahead Sir
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Prosperity4All: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2023

Go ahead Sir

You already deactivated your account grin grin
Wetin pursue you shocked
Deactivated too late, already have all necessary data on you
But I know you are watching with other monikers
3087649397 ( First Bank )
2008044840 ( Kuda )
Amblessed Amarachi Peter

Cc. @RoyalRoy
@imagrg
@Justmoneyweb
@wodu89
@kunmisola

Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Omakraid(f): 12:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
Nawa oooo shocked
Re: I've Decided To Learn A New Skill - Tailoring by Princessdainty(m): 1:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
Wahala

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Calls The Police On Her Mum In The US (videos) / Would You Let The Wedding Hold? (what'd You Do?) / This Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.