Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman (5370 Views)

Saraki Snubbed Tinubu, Tinubu Called Him Back & Greeted Him (Throwback Video) / I Am Not A Thug — Arinola Oloko Who Remi Tinubu Called A Thug Speaks (Photos) / Obasanjo’s Aide Disarms Drunken Policeman At Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by FamTomx2(m): 10:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
ajumma:

FamTomx2 come see wetin IPOB do you
i laugh in jukun

See fire!!!

Fraudulent Child..
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by seunmsg(m): 11:10pm On Jan 16, 2022
warripekin:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.facebook.com/notes/nigeriansfornigeriaorg/gej-is-a-drunk-sailor-fisherman-tinubu/10150092199475811/&ved=2ahUKEwjIqpvKkLf1AhWUDmMBHRAxDekQFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1T38SFkXIZW_Tl-vhJcxMq

Facebook page of a beer parlor gossip blog is not a credible link. Provide us with a link to where credible media platforms like Vanguard, Guardian, Punch, Premium Times, Tribune etc reported the story.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by SarkinYarki: 12:55am On Jan 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
@OP. Don't bother to fake it. We know you're from the constituency of PDP, IPOB terrorist, bitter bigoted tribesmen,spoilers, arsonists, naysayers and unpatriotic scaremongering lying enemies of Nigeria. You will lose las las. You always lose.

HE GEJ,aside the attempt to limit the sacrifice of the late MKO Abiola, GCFR, to the SW by the controversial and illiegal renaming of the foremost University of Lagos, UNILAG, he made a remark then that the Yoruba considered demeaning. The rest is now history perhaps except now that your bigotry, hatred and bitterness against Asiwaju Tinubu has found a new spin.

My concern is that HE GEJ suffered even far worse in the hands of his people to the point that his relatives were shot and killed by SS kidnappers who visited his family house regularly during his reign. Even his father was kidnapped twice before the poor man was permanently relocated to live with GEJ and eventually died in Aso Rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er4pkaoFgwQ

What was wrong with Naming UNILAG after MKO ? The rejection was just dirty politics at work

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by FreeStuffsNG: 1:46am On Jan 17, 2022
SarkinYarki:

What was wrong with Naming UNILAG after MKO ? The rejection was just dirty politics at work
A lot was wrong with that ill advised thought. The most obvious was the knowledge gap that the HE GEJ didn't attend schools like UNILAG to know that they were named by the Acts of Parliament and not by President fiat.
HE GEJ didn't gauge the opinions of the UNILAG staff and students,especially the alumni members who were holding very strategic positions in all tiers of government. For example, when he later realized he erred in Law by that attempt, the person to present his request in the Senate was Senator Ndoma Egba, an alumnus of UNILAG, the judge to decide the case already instituted by the UNILAG alumni was an Alumnus of UNILAG, the Minority Leader in the HOR was an Alumnus of UNILAG etc. The case just died even before it was presented.

On political basis, HE GEJ failed to understand the political psyche of the SW that they were completely against every attempt to limit the sacrifice of late Chief MKO Abiola, GCFR, to the SW. In fact, it was considered insulting even by most Yoruba, political associates of Chief MKO Abiola and some members of his family.

HE GEJ didn't know that universities like UNILAG are so dear to the hearts of Yoruba and the brand value in it was by several years of hardwork with other patriots. Touching that brand was a no no. They will rather he built a new university afresh than touch the UNILAG brand. The way some SS people shout "our oil ", that's how Yoruba people shout "our university/citadel of learning", those 3 universities ( UI,OAU & UNILAG) are considered like holy pilgrimage grounds for learning and education. HE GEJ didn't get that.

Finally, he was considered to have insulted the memory of MKO by ignoring the already passed resolution of the NA to name the National Stadium, Abuja after Chief MKO Abiola but he chose a most offensive and controversial naming that's illegal to be associated with the memory of the departed Patriot. I recall that one Chief MKO Abiola's descendants was so much embarrassed that the President is not aware that a tertiary institution was already named after his progenitor. It was completely sickening and that decision further alienated HE GEJ from the Yoruba. It was very offensive. I was thinking that he was going to quickly suspend that action but he was completely ignorant of the way of the Yoruba people. Words flying around then was that HE GEJ was completely drunk when he took that decision and it just didn't help him.

So,it was not politics that stopped the attempt at renaming, the attempted renaming by fiat was null, void and of no effect whatsoever ab inito. HE GEJ goofed completely.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ariesbull: 4:23am On Jan 17, 2022
Bounceboune7:
let d north keep ruling,even at that yorubas will still b an ally.

If yorubas will cry once,igbos will cry thrice

Mumu it is not an igbo that posted it

But wait it is yoruba has been Suffering... You can't have formidable force

Your people are hungry... We saw it at the Lockdown

Your people are refugee in Benin Republic

Igbo man no even send but one thing is sure... Instead yoruba go get this thing, make the North rule till the century you lots will get sense... Greedy lost folks

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by chiagozien(m): 6:00am On Jan 17, 2022
Every other Nigerians hate Igbos and love our yoruba muslims skullsgrin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by Kenturkey048(m): 7:53am On Jan 17, 2022
sharpden:

Gbam, they either support SS to complete their term or allow SE have a taste of what their son OBJ had. Anything apart from the above, the North should continue ruling.

Any useless mention will be treated like a fool.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ehnukiny: 7:56am On Jan 17, 2022
FamTomx2:

See fire!!!

Fraudulent Child..

traitors
i will gassed you out

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by luizpippo(m): 8:03am On Jan 17, 2022
Bounceboune7:
let d north keep ruling,even at that yorubas will still b an ally.

If yorubas will cry once,igbos will cry thrice

A SOuth South fellow vows to pay the Yorubas in their own coin, but all you saw in it is Igbos.

You are basically having sleepless nights over the Igbos as it is.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by Ovamboland(m): 8:50am On Jan 17, 2022
sharpden:

Gbam, they either support SS to complete their term or allow SE have a teaste of what their son OBJ had. Anything apart from the above, the North should continue ruling.

Any useless mention will be treated like a fool.

Jonathan betrayed his party elders and stakeholders who packaged his first term on th basis he will not go for a second term.

How can you now make Tiubu responsible for Jonathan's betrayal of his party and their decision to withdraw their support from him?

Or you expect Tinubu to support Jonathan for using CCB court to arrest and harass him just because they are from the south?

I am sure Jonathan has learnt his lesson and will likely suport Tinubu but you are free to conyinue to avenge Jonathan, it's ofo effect
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by Ovamboland(m): 8:52am On Jan 17, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
When God wants to fight your battles, it'll surprise you the way things start happening. Tinubu and his urchins fought GEJ to a standstill simply for coming from a minority tribe yet the useless bigot wants to become president of Nigeria grin I dey laugh because he called GEJ a drunken fisherman out of the air yet we all know who has a drug record (even though he struck a plea deal) in America and as far as I'm concerned, it's better to be a detribalized drunken fisherman than to be a tribalistic entity with a drug past (?)

#OSINBAJO2023

SW did not know Jonathan was a minority in 2010 when they campaign for him to be acting president and 2011 when they voted for him and only realized in 2015?

But at least you go school small now, let it reflect in your thinking

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by FamTomx2(m): 9:17am On Jan 17, 2022
ehnukiny:

traitors
i will gassed you out

Is like this forum is a platform of gathering of street urchins?

"gassed" your entire generation first..

Senseless one!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by freshkpomo(m): 10:25am On Jan 17, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:
When God wants to fight your battles, it'll surprise you the way things start happening. Tinubu and his urchins fought GEJ to a standstill simply for coming from a minority tribe yet the useless bigot wants to become president of Nigeria grin I dey laugh because he called GEJ a drunken fisherman out of the air yet we all know who has a drug record (even though he struck a plea deal) in America and as far as I'm concerned, it's better to be a detribalized drunken fisherman than to be a tribalistic entity with a drug past (?)

#OSINBAJO2023

You forget say na Osinbajo and Buhari dey follow rule you currently? How the country be to you? Can you use your hand to beat your chest that Osinbajo is not part of the looting going on? If Osinbajo wins,is it not same cabinet of thieves he will recycle from his party?

Oye nor let me vex for you.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by freshkpomo(m): 10:35am On Jan 17, 2022
michael77777:
South Eastern Nigeria or north...

I don't trust SS or SW....they are all betrayers...

I am from Edo, and hear this my Gee.. without South South, the South East will be over run in any national election. South South nor get enemy, we can make friends with anyone and even the North. Why do you think South West always try to detach us from the East? Because we are neutral people. So better keep to yourself and your tribe anything.

The South should come up with a good candiy and let all South support Him or her, not these thieves they are throwing at us.

North is bleeding, but they still have some benefits than us souths that many of you will not know. So let's get a southern President who is well educated to fix this shit of one sided politics.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by slivertongue: 10:48am On Jan 17, 2022
warripekin:

They don't know yet. We are ready for them. No South Westerner will smell aso rock come 2023 either we finish our tenure or Southeast takes over or it quietly goes to the North.

You will end up with a Northern president
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 17, 2022
warripekin:

I wonder how they will campaign in the South-South because we have receipts . We ready for them. They never see anything.
You're inconsequential

All what you say online does not matter in Nigeria election.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 11:09am On Jan 17, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Op once we can get north and middle belt votes, then you can stick your ss vote up your ogogoro ass..
which middle belt?

ohhh your middle waist belt not middle belt Nigeria

I gerrit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by DabuIIIT: 11:51am On Jan 17, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Op once we can get north and my middle dangling pendulum grin votes, then you can stick your ss vote up your afonja ass..
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by kponkedenge(m): 11:59am On Jan 17, 2022
It's hypocritical the way yorubas on this forum keep playing the victim and claiming Igbos hate them and all.

They claim Igbos hate Tinubu, but if a thread about Peter Obi or Nnamdi Kanu makes homepage, they insult them and call them all sort of names.... And I don't see Igbos playing victim there.

Also, it was the same hate for Igbos they used in rallying around an APC government that has put most Nigerians into poverty....they claimed Igbos were hateful for not voting Buhari..... but everyone is paying the price of his incompetence.

Such a disgusting set of people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by Tochj(m): 12:11pm On Jan 17, 2022
Bettykeys:

grin Mumu piigs from Beerfraud trying so hard to defend failure as their lord and savior
If Jonathan and PDP had performed to the maximum satisfaction would their be need for a change ?

Mumu hav forgotten so quick, do you realise how may billions of naira was recover from Madam Peace ?
Do you knw how many billions of dollar that Diezani make way with ?

Jonathan is a real definition of monumental failure

Gej failed and with all Ur Education and exposure
You settle for Buhari.
And you think you are ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 11:14am On Jan 23, 2022
Jonathan called Tinubu tout or something like that so it was 1-1 goalless
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 11:16am On Jan 23, 2022
kponkedenge:
It's hypocritical the way yorubas on this forum keep playing the victim and claiming Igbos hate them and all.

They claim Igbos hate Tinubu, but if a thread about Peter Obi or Nnamdi Kanu makes homepage, they insult them and call them all sort of names.... And I don't see Igbos playing victim there.

Also, it was the same hate for Igbos they used in rallying around an APC government that has put most Nigerians into poverty....they claimed Igbos were hateful for not voting Buhari..... but everyone is paying the price of his incompetence.

Such a disgusting set of people.
this is hatred https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan
Hypocrisy?
look in the mirror
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by omoharry(f): 12:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
MASTAkiLLAh:

#OSINBAJO2023
Thesame man is now ass-licking Buhari for killing his people and for his poor leadership. What a coward he is . Tinubu with no balls. He is now a Sychophant because of fear of being dealt with .
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by Great2017: 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bettykeys:

grin Mumu piigs from Beerfraud trying so hard to defend failure as their lord and savior
If Jonathan and PDP had performed to the maximum satisfaction would their be need for a change ?

Mumu hav forgotten so quick, do you realise how may billions of naira was recover from Madam Peace ?
Do you knw how many billions of dollar that Diezani make way with ?

Jonathan is a real definition of monumental failure

What then is the definition for Buhari?
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by OFFICIAL336: 12:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bounceboune7:
between a Yoruba man n an igbo man,which one do u think a northerner will prefer to hand power over to?
Igbo.

They call Yorubas unreliable and shady. Have you ever wondered why Igbos are Northerners biggest trading partners?

Travel and learn.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ivandragon: 1:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
SarkinYarki:

Yes.

What those against renaming UNILAG chose to ignore was that University of Ife was renamed OAU despite the fact that the present day EKSU was also named OAU at the time.

GEJ certainly erred by not following due process, but that was something that could have been rectified if not for the vehement opposition to it by some persons in the SW & UNILAG itself.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by spy24(m): 1:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bounceboune7:
between a Yoruba man n an igbo man,which one do u think a northerner will prefer to hand power over to?

That one is your headache
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
ivandragon:

Yes.

What those against renaming UNILAG chose to ignore was that University of Ife was renamed OAU despite the fact that the present day EKSU was also named OAU at the time.

GEJ certainly erred by not following due process, but that was something that could have been rectified if not for the vehement opposition to it by some persons in the SW & UNILAG itself.

Your first statement is irrelevant. If they did not ignore it what difference does it make.

How is the renaming of OAU or EKSU

IN ANY WAY

related to renaming UNILAG?

How are those two situations related?

There is absolutely no connection or relatedness

The stakeholders were never consulted. So where did Jonathan get the idea that that was something sensible to do or that the stakeholders wanted it. He just woke up and made an announcement for reasons best known to him.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by spy24(m): 1:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bounceboune7:
chukwundiie u better rest,we all know only igbos hates n not south south.

Don't b surprised when south south leave your hating add behind n tag along.

Hope u won't start shouting betrayal?

Be deceiving yourself there

Go and ask what caused apc defeat to pdp in Edo state then you'll understand the matter on ground

You think say na ona wise pass abi

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by spy24(m): 1:30pm On Jan 23, 2022
Bettykeys:

grin This one are waiting for the politics of wait to be picked
So you mean you are slave to the North and expecting them to dictate for you before you can vie for your right.
You people need to learn politics from the Yorubas. We don't wait for any Northern to pick us before we make the move. If not because of Obasanjo that picked Jonathan yu the North are ready to dash yu people presidency.

If Tinubu win fine, if he loose fine. That's the nature of politics. You win or loose. But we will never wait for any Northerners to dictate for us to contest or not

Oga keep your story to yourself

Yoruba wee not smell president after 16 yrs as president and vice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 1:37pm On Jan 23, 2022
SarkinYarki:

It is not a question of wrong or right.
Let us not couch it in terms of "nothing wrong" .That is not the issue.
There is nothing wrong with the name Mohammed but you cannot just wake up and tell me that is my name, can you?
If you make such an announcement and I reject it why blame me ?
Trying to stigmatize those who rejected it is just wrong and irrational

Geoduck Jonathan did not have the authority to do that and so if anyone was guilty of politics he was.
Many of us do not believe that Universities should be named after individuals at all and of course there are those who have different opinions. But those who really appreciate University cultures appreciate this simple fact.

If such an idea was being contemplated then it should have been done following due process. To just wake up one day and make such an announcement in public embarrassed the University stakeholder and set a very bad precedent if not unchallenged.
Such a thing does not have to be a Top Down decision as we had during the military governments. In a democracy you have to consult people before taking decisions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Set To Launch The Revised National Population Policy Today / Proposed Peter Obi And Rabiu Kwankwaso's Alliance: The Suspense Is Over / Tinubu Felicitates With Muslims On Eid-El-Maulud, Seeks Love, Goodness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.