Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman (5368 Views)

Saraki Snubbed Tinubu, Tinubu Called Him Back & Greeted Him (Throwback Video) / I Am Not A Thug — Arinola Oloko Who Remi Tinubu Called A Thug Speaks (Photos) / Obasanjo’s Aide Disarms Drunken Policeman At Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by FakeUnity: 9:20am On Jan 24, 2022
Bounceboune7:
chukwundiie u better rest,we all know only igbos hates n not south south.

Don't b surprised when south south leave your hating add behind n tag along.

Hope u won't start shouting betrayal?

Yes Ifeanyi from Asaba hates Emeka from Onitsha but love your ewedu-swallowing skull. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by FakeUnity: 9:22am On Jan 24, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu never called Jonathan a drunken fisherman. If the OP is sure if what he posted, he should back it up with a credible link.

However, we have it on record that Jonathan insulted Yoruba leaders immediately he was made president in 2010. He called them rascals and other unprintable names despite the huge support Yoruba leaders gave him during his trying moments. The link to the thread is below.

https://www.nairaland.com/601457/jonathan-says-south-west-leaders-non-pdp

While we won’t beg anybody to vote for a south west candidate, we won’t get tired of setting the records straight for posterity sake. The south west made Jonathan. Without the support and critical effort of Yoruba leaders, media and civil societies, Jonathan would never have become the Vice President not to talk of president. The history is there for all to see.

There won't be a SW president in 2023. You are greedy, go and queue and wait for your turn after the SE. Zoning means turn by turn.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by FakeUnity: 9:27am On Jan 24, 2022
kponkedenge:
It's hypocritical the way yorubas on this forum keep playing the victim and claiming Igbos hate them and all.

They claim Igbos hate Tinubu, but if a thread about Peter Obi or Nnamdi Kanu makes homepage, they insult them and call them all sort of names.... And I don't see Igbos playing victim there.

Also, it was the same hate for Igbos they used in rallying around an APC government that has put most Nigerians into poverty....they claimed Igbos were hateful for not voting Buhari..... but everyone is paying the price of his incompetence.

Such a disgusting set of people.

yorubas- funny people.
Very emotional and emotive 'aaaaarh!-yeeeee!' people that will always accuse others of being emotional. grin
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 1:01pm On Jan 24, 2022
ivandragon:

You keep using words such as 'foolish' 'idiocy' simply because you have no point to make. It makes you seem emotionally unstable.

Again, you addressed MY comment to another person without knowing the CONTEXT of my comment to that person. That alone indicates your inability to properly situate issues within context.

You hold positions that are not based on facts & when facts are provided, you keep showing how ungrounded you are in critical reasoning. Where is the evidence that GEJ refused to approve the Convocation ceremony because of the proposed name change?

https://www.informationng.com/2013/01/convocation-graduates-to-receive-unilag-certificate-vc.html

https://www.channelstv.com/2012/06/06/jonathan-seek-senates-approval-to-rename-unilag/

Again, there was nothing wrong in the pronouncement made by GEJ in his speech, the same way the FG recently made pronouncements on others.

I do not use euphemisms for foolishness and idiocy when I encounter it sorry if this offends your sensitivity
Jonathan sought senate approval after the case was in court. That did not achieve anything
The pronouncements were different because the students of those universities never went to court to stop it. Why? The right thing was done a t the right time
They were different because they were accompanied by a change in the law following due process with the national Assembly
Jonathan did not follow due process with the National Assembly only approaching the National Assembly when the case was subjudice
There is a monumental difference between the two. One followed the law and was successful the other did not and was ridiculed
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ivandragon: 3:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

I do not use euphemisms for foolishness and idiocy when I encounter it sorry if this offends your sensitivity
Jonathan sought senate approval after the case was in court. That did not achieve anything
The pronouncements were different because the students of those universities never went to court to stop it. Why? The right thing was done a t the right time
They were different because they were accompanied by a change in the law following due process with the national Assembly
Jonathan did not follow due process with the National Assembly only approaching the National Assembly when the case was subjudice
There is a monumental difference between the two. One followed the law and was successful the other did not and was ridiculed

Lol.

You are obviously out of your depth & clutching at straws. When the present administration made the pronouncement, had a Bill been sent to NASS to that effect?

The only foolishness & idiocy here obviously arises from your obtuse arguments which, I have now realised, are just a reflection of your emptiness on issues you cannot comprehend.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2022
ivandragon:

Lol.

You are obviously out of your depth & clutching at straws. When the present administration made the pronouncement, had a Bill been sent to NASS to that effect?

The only foolishness & idiocy here obviously arises from your obtuse arguments which, I have now realised, are just a reflection of your emptiness on issues you cannot comprehend.

I am not interested in being a spokesman for the present administration

Let us not widen the discussion to irrelevant or tangential issues.

So your logic is that The present administration did the wrong thing so it does not matter that Jonathan did ? Is that your point?
Jonathan made an attempt to change the name of UNILAG . It failed because it was incompetent and ill conceived.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ivandragon: 3:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

I am not interested in being a spokesman for the present administration

Let us not widen the discussion to irrelevant or tangential issues.

So your logic is that The present administration did the wrong thing so it does not matter that Jonathan did ? Is that your point?
Jonathan made an attempt to change the name of UNILAG . It failed because it was incompetent and ill conceived.

Incompetent & Ill conceived in what sense?

Like I have pointed out earlier, you jumped into a discuss you had no idea in which the context was made & attempted to impose your own opinion on the matter.

The crux is thus, GEJ did not err in making the pronouncement, what he needed to do was follow up on the procedures to give effect to it. That it was rejected for other reasons is besides the point.

I gave examples of recent pronouncements by this administration to show that the pronouncement was not wrong, but it would need to be followed up with the needed paper work.

But you keep saying GEJ was 'drunk' & wrong when he made that pronouncement, that is a very subjective view & remains yours, however flawed it may be.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 3:54pm On Jan 24, 2022
ivandragon:

Incompetent & I'll conceived in what sense?

Like I have pointed out earlier, you jumped into a discuss you had no idea in which the context was made & attempted to impose your own opinion on the matter.

The crux is thus, GEJ did not err in making the pronouncement, what he needed to do was follow up on the procedures to give effect to it. That it was rejected for other reasons is besides the point.

I gave examples of recent pronouncements by this administration to show that the pronouncement was not wrong, but it would need to be followed up with the needed paper work.

But you keep saying GEJ was 'drunk' & wrong when he made that pronouncement, that is a very subjective view & remains yours, however flawed it may be.

Incompetent in the sense that it It is not true that he merely made a pronouncement. He made clear and public attempts to GIVE EFFECT to his pronouncement e.g. insisting that the name change appear on certificate failed. Indeed it is probably the only such name change in HUMAN HISTORY that failed.

It was incompetent because he did not know the law and ill conceived to the extent that when he now decided to approach the National Assembly the matter was subjudice

NOW if he had followed due process would there have been anything to litigate?
No one can litigate him sending a bill.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 3:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
ivandragon:

Incompetent & Ill conceived in what sense?

keep whining about whether he was called drunk

I deftly sidestep all silly attempts to change the subject

The issue is that he made a failed attempt to change the name
That has never happened before.

It happened because it was ill conceived and incompetent
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ivandragon: 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

keep whining about whether he was called drunk

I deftly sidestep all silly attempts to change the subject

The issue is that he made a failed attempt to change the name
That has never happened before.

It happened because it was ill conceived and incompetent

There is nothing to side step except your own efforts to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ivandragon: 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

Incompetent in the sense that it It is not true that he merely made a pronouncement. He made clear and public attempts to GIVE EFFECT to his pronouncement e.g. insisting that the name change appear on certificate failed. Indeed it is probably the only such name change in HUMAN HISTORY that failed.

It was incompetent because he did not know the law and ill conceived to the extent that when he now decided to approach the National Assembly the matter was subjudice

NOW if he had followed due process would there have been anything to litigate?
No one can litigate him sending a bill.

You keep making unfounded statements. Where is the evidence that he insisted on the name change?

The litigation was to ensure that the name change does not come to fruition. Like I said, those against it had their reasons for kicking against it & going to court. Does that make GEJ's pronouncement wrong? No.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by BeardedmeatR(m): 4:23pm On Jan 24, 2022
OneTwoOne:
Note that All Muslim aore fanatics and Terrorists to you people WILL NEVE vote an Igbo candidate.

To the topic, GEJ campaigning at Adamasingba Ibadan in 2011 CALLED AND REFERRED Yorubas in AC as thugs and touts.

He insulted us in our land, Heaven didn't fall.

Go back school or kill your english teacher.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 4:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
ivandragon:

You keep making unfounded statements. Where is the evidence that he insisted on the name change?

The litigation was to ensure that the name change does not come to fruition. Like I said, those against it had their reasons for kicking against it & going to court. Does that make GEJ's pronouncement wrong? No.

EVIDENCE
https://www.cknnigeria.com/2013/01/goodluck-cancels-unilag-convocation.html
https://myschool.ng/news/jonathan-cancels-unilag-convocation-over-name-change-to-maulag-17604?qtid=30953

The announcement was incompetent and ill conceived
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ivandragon: 5:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 5:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
ivandragon:

Lol.

Look at your source. As obtuse as your position.

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-unilag-convocation-was-postponed/
I will not grant your wish wish is desperately to change subject. There ae different opinions on that online and the subject matter here is not to debate which one is right. If you want to do that open a thread for that and I promise to join but that is not the subject of this thread

so another waka pass . I will not turn to the right or left

Here we are discussing the decision to change the name

Jonathan announced it as a fait accompli .Not a suggestion showing that he did not know he needed a law and by the tme he realized that the case was in court
If his announcement was a mere opinion there would have been no court case . By the time he approached the national Assembly it was too late

Ill conceived and incompetent
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by silibaba: 5:57pm On Jan 24, 2022
warripekin:
In 2011, Tinubu called Goodluck Jonathan, a drunken fisherman and yorubas on this forum made jest of him and his wife. Well , as we March towards 2023 , those of us from the south- south , will not vote or support an Ewedu - eating - skull miner . We have not forgotten.

https://ng.opera.news › politics
Tinubu Called Jonathan A "Drunken Fisherman", Why Should I Respect ...

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ivandragon: 6:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:

I will not grant your wish wish is desperately to change subject. There ae different opinions on that online and the subject matter here is not to debate which one is right. If you want to do that open a thread for that and I promise to join but that is not the subject of this thread

so another waka pass . I will not turn to the right or left

Here we are discussing the decision to change the name

Jonathan announced it as a fait accompli .Not a suggestion showing that he did not know he needed a law and by the tme he realized that the case was in court
If his announcement was a mere opinion there would have been no court case . By the time he approached the national Assembly it was too late

Ill conceived and incompetent

Your opinion & I won't be drawn into 'beer parlour' subjective opinions.

Keep hiding when presentated with facts.

Doesn't make the pronouncement wrong.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 6:26pm On Jan 24, 2022
ivandragon:

Your opinion & I won't be drawn into 'beer parlour' subjective opinions.

Keep hiding when presentated with facts.

The courts and stakeholders have decided whether it was wrong or right. That is settled.
It was an incompetent and ill conceived move
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ivandragon: 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:
The courts and stakeholders have decided whether it was wrong or right. That is settled.
It was an incompetent and ill conceived move

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by aribisala0(m): 6:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
ivandragon:

that is not for you or I to determine .Those that matter have decided
It is settled
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by naija4life247: 6:41pm On Jan 24, 2022
warripekin:
In 2011, Tinubu called Goodluck Jonathan, a drunken fisherman and yorubas on this forum made jest of him and his wife. Well , as we March towards 2023 , those of us from the south- south , will not vote or support an Ewedu - eating - skull miner . We have not forgotten.

https://ng.opera.news › politics
Tinubu Called Jonathan A "Drunken Fisherman", Why Should I Respect ...

We proved to you that we don't need your votes in 2015. We repeated the same proof in 2019. What then makes you think we will need your inconsequential votes in 2023?

Isn't Goatluck Jonaddaft a perpetually drunk fisherman?
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by OneTwoOne(m): 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2022
Nuisance grin

You're my English teacher and I'm going to kill you asu opined since you can't understand simple typographical error.

Besides you didn't check your own sentence, What's "Go back school"? Is that a pidgin
BeardedmeatR:
Go back school or kill your english teacher.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by naija4life247: 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
sharpden:

Gbam, they either support SS to complete their term or allow SE have a teaste of what their son OBJ had. Anything apart from the above, the North should continue ruling.

Any useless mention will be treated like a fool.

You will cry and shed blood when Tinubu or Osinbajo is sworn in as President in 2023

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by maybet081: 7:18pm On Jan 24, 2022
sharpden:

Gbam, they either support SS to complete their term or allow SE have a teaste of what their son OBJ had. Anything apart from the above, the North should continue ruling.

FINISH MY BROTHER
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by IGBOSON1: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
Double post! shocked
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by IGBOSON1: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
basilo101:

Yorubas were never an ally of the north. Yoruba threw themselves cheaply to Buhari who igbos rejected twice. The north is angry that Buhari failed them and they are holding yorubas responsible

Hehehehehe grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:24pm On Jan 24, 2022
sharpden:

You can go ahead & vote your hausa because of your ignorance.Every wise Igbo person would not take decision based on hate & anger because,an hausa fulani presidency for another 8yrs would be the greatest calamity of our time.instead of you to market Ndigbo, you are busy threatening the Yorubas as if they owe you anything... this proves to me that you are not a right thinking Igbo person,at all.Its only a mad, useless & wicked Igbo person that would still be talking of another hausa fulani presidency after the 8yrs of buhari.Go ahead & vote your hausa fulani because of your hate on the Yorubas.. leave south east out of this evil agenda.A WISE MAN DOES NOT DESTROY HIS HOUSE BECAUSE HIS WIFE ABANDONED HIM FOR ANOTHER MAN
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by VOICEofORIENTAL: 9:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Bounceboune7:
let d north keep ruling,even at that yorubas will still b an ally.

If yorubas will cry once,igbos will cry thrice
Bros, that guy is only speaking for himself not for wise & matured igbos.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by ivandragon: 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
aribisala0:
that is not for you or I to determine .Those that matter have decided
It is settled

Yes, regardless of the underlying sentiments... Vox Populi, Vox Dei.
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by EsomahJD: 4:00am On Jan 25, 2022
LILTJAY1:
Op once we can get north and middle belt votes, then you can stick your ss vote up your ogogoro ass..
Una go cry when time reach
Re: Tinubu Called GEJ , Drunken Fisherman by BeardedmeatR(m): 7:35am On Jan 25, 2022
OneTwoOne:
Nuisance grin

You're my English teacher and I'm going to kill you asu opined since you can't understand simple typographical error.

Besides you didn't check your own sentence, What's "Go back school"? Is that a pidgin
Asu opined kor, Asu opined ni!

Go back to school or better still, kill your english teacher for wasting your time.

Mpama! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Money Politics: NASS Reviews Campaign Spending Limits Upward / Enugu Re-run: No Policeman Or Soldier Snatched Ballot Box - Police / Fg To Launch Redesigned N50 Notes, Coins For Independence Celebration !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.