Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) (6517 Views)

National Assembly: “Citizens’ Townhall On Electoral Reforms” Currently Ongoing / Buhari Rejects Electoral Bill 2021, Cites Reasons, Asks NASS To Rework Draft / NASS Transmits Electoral Bill 2021 To Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by VictorIfe(m): 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2022
seun okinbaloye good anchor!

1 Like

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by Seun(m): 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
Professor Jega is claiming we can't have direct primaries because parties don't have a register of members that everyone agrees with. rolleyes

4 Likes

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by PHIPEX(m): 7:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
This National Assembly is wasting our time and an opportunity to make reasonable progress with our electoral process. This direct primary thing is completely uncalled for except for their selfish gains.

Even America does not practice direct primary for primary elections.
Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by DrMrsFunmi(f): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2022
Omicron007:
shocked

I don't really have anything to say.
I rather watch AFCON reviews than this.

God punish all BMC zombies and TMC urchins.
I just dey watch the useless programme for my TV, you need to see the way my husband was so dedicated to it and even when NEPA took light he had to go rush to get a fuel.
I simply told him all these people ranting are just voicing out their opinion and at the end it holds no water as their opinion doesn't get any where.
Buhari no send una, he just dey look them dey laugh

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by DrMrsFunmi(f): 7:57pm On Jan 16, 2022
JosephXavier:
This electoral bill that was rejected by Buhari is just a repeat of what happened previously back in 2019 when he delayed assenting to the bill until election is close and he will finally refuse to sign it

I see similarities and I know that Buhari is not ready to conduct a credible election for Nigerians
na Buhari go conduct 2023 elections or na INEC?
see the way you reason?

1 Like

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by Toks2008(m): 7:59pm On Jan 16, 2022
lalasticlala:
A Town Hall Meeting to discuss key provisions of the Electoral Bill 2021 and their implications for election management, election security, electoral integrity and voter participation as well as legislative and executive action required to conclude the amendment process is ongoing.

On December 21 2021, President Buhari declined assent to the Electoral Act (Amendment) Bill which is designed to increase participation in Nigeria’s electoral processes by making it more credible, transparent and inclusive. The signing of this bill into law is critical to increasing citizen participation in democratic processes as well as guarantee the credibility and transparency of our elections, especially as the 2023 General Election approaches.

This Town Hall Meeting discusses the Electoral Act (Amendment) Bill and what the National Assembly must do to ensure becomes law as soon as possible.

Who is watching?

I have sent my contribution as early as 9a.m today.
Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by Toks2008(m): 8:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
PHIPEX:
This National Assembly is wasting our time and an opportunity to make reasonable progress with our electoral process. This direct primary thing is completely uncalled for except for their selfish gains.

Even America does not practice direct primary for primary elections.

It is the way forward.

https://www.nairaland.com/6941217/opinion-positive-effect-open-direct
Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by symbianDON(m): 8:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
This dstv people bad gaaan grin why is nta channel 419?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by Fashionista01(f): 8:16pm On Jan 16, 2022
Very interesting. I am following it.
Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by dukie25: 8:17pm On Jan 16, 2022
Buhari won't sign the bill. He is trying to run out the clock. When the bill returns to him, he will find something else to complain about.
Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by ateamblezing(f): 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jack005:
Come to ph, I wanna marry you.
you don't even know me, you want to marry.

1 Like

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by ateamblezing(f): 8:30pm On Jan 16, 2022
symbianDON:
e no reach to tag dem 419?

1 Like

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by Validated: 8:34pm On Jan 16, 2022
They should make presidential debate compulsory to be coducted by INEC/mainstream media.

1 Like

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by casppyjay: 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2022
symbianDON:

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by MyExpression(m): 8:43pm On Jan 16, 2022
I'll comment after the show.

Let me learn from other people's opinion.
Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by Ayemoso17: 9:29pm On Jan 16, 2022
We no get light
Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by Jack005(m): 9:38pm On Jan 16, 2022
ateamblezing:
you don't even know me, you want to marry.
First impression dear.. You strike me like a wonderful person. cool
Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by TemmyT002(m): 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2022
I was watching but I didn't understand what they were doing or the purpose. I just switched everything off.

1 Like

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by omoharry(f): 10:00pm On Jan 16, 2022
Senator Ajibola was a big disappointment..He seem to have forgotten that he was paid to represent his constituency.and Nigerians all together.His arrogance was really appalling.
I wish he will be rejected in the next election. He does not deserve to occupy that seat he is presently occupying . What a Shame .

1 Like

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by omoharry(f): 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
mach7:
Watching, but the audio quality is bad.

In my opinion, Direct primaries is the best mode that reflects the wishes of the electorate. There just need to be transparency in the process.

The President erred in delaying assent.
Its presently a distraction. Let it be remove ,so that there won't be any excuse to sign the electorial bill. They can battle the mode of primaries in another bill .

1 Like

Re: Citizens Townhall On The Electoral Bill 2021 (Live Thread) by ateamblezing(f): 10:02pm On Jan 16, 2022
Jack005:
First impression dear.. You strike me like a wonderful person. cool
The devil wears prada

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? / Jonathan Will Split This Country If He Looses In 2015 / 70 Million Independence Budget -How Much Is AIT,NTA, Channel Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.