Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

How To Participate In Basic Telegram Airdrop? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How To Participate In Basic Telegram Airdrop? (575 Views)

Don't Pay Any Money To Participate In Airdrops / President Buhari To Participate In Investment Summit In Riyadh, Saudi Arabia / Any Legit Airdrop To Participate In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Participate In Basic Telegram Airdrop? by JanetMoore(f): 2:24am On Jan 17, 2022
What do you need to participate?
�Twitter account
�Telegram account
�TrustWallet/MetaMask wallet

Airdrops may also require social networks like: Medium, YouTube, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Instagram ...

Read instructions carefully!

Airdrops are free ⚠️

1 Like

Re: How To Participate In Basic Telegram Airdrop? by JanetMoore(f): 10:05am On Jan 17, 2022
Are there any risks in airdrops?

All airdrops in the crypto community are not equal. Some malicious entities take advantage of these marketing tools to commit scams.

Often, untrusted sources will announce an airdrop requiring users to send a certain amount of their own cryptocurrencies like ether and bitcoin in exchange for their tokens. This is usually an attempt by scammers and flim-flam artists to steal your money.

These scams can be avoided with research and due diligence on the company that is having an airdrop. It would be best if you visited forums and official websites to check on the authenticity of an airdrop before participating in one.

1 Like

Re: How To Participate In Basic Telegram Airdrop? by JanetMoore(f): 9:11pm On Jan 17, 2022
How to Profit from Crypto Airdrops and Avoid Scams

An airdrop involves a business “dropping” small amounts of free crypto into individual wallets.

The first time I participated in airdrops I didn’t even fully understand what it was or the value of the tokens I received.

Since then, I have participated in hundreds of airdrob campaigns and made thousands of dollars in profit.

I want to share my experience navigating the world of crypto, as well as the scams I saw along the way.

An airdrop involves an organization “dropping” small amounts of free crypto into individual wallets Airdrops are a central feature of the cryptocurrency space.

The first time I participated in one I didn’t even fully understand what it was or the value of the tokens I received. I was new to crypto and had read something on social media about “free ETH”. I followed the link and provided my ETH address. In actuality, no one was giving out free ethereum.

A startup was airdropping their new token. The amount they were giving away was going to cost .5 ETH during their upcoming Initial Coin Offering (ICO). I got the tokens but it wasn’t until later I understood I had 1000 ERC20 tokens that could eventually be worth something on an exchange.

Since then, I have participated in hundreds of airdrop campaigns and made thousands of dollars in profit. I want to share my experience navigating the world of airdrops, as well as the scams I saw along the way.

What are Airdrops?
The concept of an airdrop is simple. It involves a business “dropping” small amounts of free crypto en mass to individual wallets. Benefitting from an airdrop usually involves registering through a google form, a Telegram bot, or directly on a project’s website. Often an airdrop campaign will also offer the chance to get additional tokens for referring others via a unique link.

The referral system creates an incentive to share the airdrop with as many people as possible. Many people hear about airdrops through individuals sharing their links on social media.

A subtype of airdrop known as a “holders” airdrop is when a token is airdropped to wallets that already hold another type of token or coin. For example, there was recently an airdrop of the Ontology token to holders of NEO. Holders’ airdrops are typically not something you have to register for. They are done by taking a snapshot of a blockchain to see which wallets are holding what tokens. In what follows, I focus exclusively on non-holders’ airdrops. This is because holders’ airdrops are not relevant to most crypto beginners. Besides, they take no work to find and no action is required to receive them.

What is the Point of an Airdrop?
There are two main reasons blockchain startups and other projects would hold an airdrop. The first is to generate publicity for an upcoming ICO or token sale. Airdrops are often the first phase of a more extensive marketing campaign. They can be useful in generating initial buzz around a project. The referral bonuses also motivate people to spread the word, which generates more low-cost advertising. Secondly, an airdrop is an excellent way to build a community around a project, even if not holding an ICO. I’ve seen many community-based and non-profit crypto projects use the airdrop model as a way of building awareness of their goals.

Where to Find Airdrops?
The first step in profiting from airdrops is finding them. Not long ago, you had to be a frequenter of crypto sites and crypto community to hear about new airdrops. Increasingly, however, airdrops are easier to find. This is mainly due to the emergence of dedicated airdrop websites and social media channels that track airdrops and post them daily.

These aggregating sources make finding airdrops easier, and those who maintain them benefit from people using their referral links.

How Profitable Are Airdrops?
Every once in a while an airdrop can be hugely profitable. The best example in my experience was a recent airdrop of Oyster Pearl. I received over 2400 PRL, which eventually went up in value to over $5 per token. I sold just under half of my holdings. The airdrop I received of Polymath is slightly more common, yet still not typical, result. I got 250 POLY, which has since hovered in value between $90-$200. More often than not, however, the amount of tokens you get is so small it is barely worth the gas to send it to an exchange. Many tokens will also never be worth anything at all, either because the project wasn’t serious or it just fails as a business.

Airdrop Scams
Something to consider when beginning to venture into the world of airdrops is there are some scams out there. Below, I describe the most common airdrop scams I have come across and how you can avoid them.

1 Like

Re: How To Participate In Basic Telegram Airdrop? by JanetMoore(f): 1:17pm On Apr 08, 2022
I'll be back to crypto content from tomorrow, but this story was too incredible not to share.

Hopefully, it inspired some of you.
Re: How To Participate In Basic Telegram Airdrop? by Dowenship(m): 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2022
We are waiting
Re: How To Participate In Basic Telegram Airdrop? by jamace(m): 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2022
Is this new crypto exchange about to be launched soon scam:

https://chains.com/register/?ref=kHQa8
Re: How To Participate In Basic Telegram Airdrop? by nannimbinde: 11:47am On Jun 23, 2022
Airdrops are simplest ways for companies to fund their cryptocurrency ventures.

(1) (Reply)

Metamask Airdrop – How To Be Eligible For Metamask Token Airdrop / Which Way Access Bank? / How Much Can I Make In Forex Trading?-Thechartistorb.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.