Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. (1557 Views)

Ladies Share Their Funny "Bedroom Escape" Strategies (Read) / 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You / Funny Behaviours You Had While Growing Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by chidyke77(m): 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2011
My fiancee almost embarrassed me yesday in d the presense of my friends. We dnt live together bt she normally visits on wkends and she smtimes cook varieties of food that may serve me all thru the week most especially soup and local stew(ofe akwu) which is my favourite type of stew.
Am nt a bad cooker anyway bt i dnt hv that time doing all those stuff like buying cocoyam,palm nuts and other ingredients for preparing those foods,it makes me looks like a stingy man who doesn't wnt her wife to cheat him or a man that is bn controlled by his woman.
It happens that she visited yestday and i asked her to prepare a delicious bitter leaf soup for me and my friends wt every ingredients meat,stockfish,driedfish just to make it rich. I gave her enuf money for those stuffs and she smiled and assured me that she's going to prepare it well.
I later come bk salivating and hoping that the food is ready coz we avoided eating anytin frm where we hv gone hoping to eat a well prepared soup whch is one of our favourites for any Anambra man. I called her to bring the meal dat we are around bt she answered that the food is nt yet done dat it remains a little.
I waited for more ten minutes yet she's still there,i then went to d kitchen and discovered that she's has messed the whole soup up. Mere looking at d soup wld tel u dat its nt cooked well because the oil was seperate frm the water and d bitterleaf was very bitter, I wnted to scold her bt doesn't wnt my friends to hear my voice.
I finally,left her to join my friends shouting to her frm the sitting room that,i gave her money on time to prepare ths soup bt she's just nt ready yet.I then ask my friends that we should nt continue waitn for her to finish d cooking cuz she stil has a long way to go in d cookn,that we shuld find a nearest restaurant  since we are very hungry. I was apologizin to them and was stil raising my voice to my fiancee for disappointn my guest.
Wen i returned aftaward, she was begging me to forgive her that she doesn't knw hw to cook bitter leaf soup,that she asked the women that sold d bitter leaf to her to direct her hw to cook it.
Bt why didn't u tel me dat u dnt knw hw to cook it,i asked. She continue saying sorry and i 4gv her.
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Dyt(f): 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2011
Awww
m sure u v 4given er
she prolly doesnt wanna tell u infront of ur frnds
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by rumomonga(m): 12:07am On Jun 20, 2011
She should have told you immediately you mentioned bitter leaf. Not that bad, she tried her best
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by chidyke77(m): 6:52am On Jun 20, 2011
rumomonga:

She should have told you immediately you mentioned bitter leaf. Not that bad, she tried her best
exactly,wat i expected frm her and my mind has bn telling me that she didn't wnt me to assume that she doesn't know hw to cook all our native meal well.
Dyt:

Awww
m sure u v 4given er
she prolly doesnt wanna tell u infront of your frnds
true, bt telin me in d first place wld hv bn better or are u going to do d sem if u were in her position?
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by tEsLim(m): 8:31am On Jun 20, 2011
aaaaaaaaaaaawwwww , plus she prolly scared of you sad , create better environment for her to always express herself in realtime.
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2011
LMAO @ The food is not yet done grin grin

You were shouting at your fiancee in the presence of your stupid friends because of one stupid soup? undecided Gosh the insults that women take undecided and the silly fiancee of yours even went ahead to apologise? mehnnnnnnnn
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Dyt(f): 9:42am On Jun 20, 2011
I ll sure do same thing
u shld know we always wanna please u all
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Bawss1(m): 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2011
And the dude comes here to tell all that his GF can't cook his favorite soup?!

Truly some have no shame.
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by NaJaHaJe(f): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2011
Na Wa!

That you had to shout at her in front of your friends is not enough you had to come on here to embarrass yourself too? shocked

No wonder she could not tell you she could not cook bitterleaf soup. She so afraid of you. Not a healthy thing for a relationship.

You should be more grateful that she attempted at all rather than dwelling on the fact that she messed the soup up!

Or na the money wey you give am go buy ingredients dey pain you? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by chidyke77(m): 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2011
Bawss1:

And the dude comes here to tell all that his GF can't cook his favorite soup?!

Truly some have no shame.
its nt a compulsory that u shuld reply,why nt leave d thread.
Dyt:

I ll sure do same thing
u shld know we always wanna please u all
ok
jennykadry:

LMAO @ The food is not yet done grin grin

You were shouting at your fiancee in the presence of your silly friends because of one silly soup? undecided Gosh the insults that women take undecided and the silly fiancee of yours even went ahead to apologise? mehnnnnnnnn
my shouting wasn't serious and she understood my rizn 4 dat,jus play acting to made my frds thot she started late which was better than exposing ourselves. She's nt silly in apologising cuz no one is beyond mistakes and i too do apologise to her if i did her wrong.
tEsLim:

aaaaaaaaaaaawwwww , plus she prolly scared of you sad , create better environment for her to always express herself in realtime.
taken,bt we do communicate well.
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by chidyke77(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2011
NaJa HaJe:

Na Wa!

That you had to shout at her in front of your friends is not enough you had to come on here to embarrass yourself too? shocked

No wonder she could not tell you she could not cook bitterleaf soup. She so afraid of you. Not a healthy thing for a relationship.

You should be more grateful that she attempted at all rather than dwelling on the fact that she messed the soup up!

Or na the money wey you give am go buy ingredients dey pain you? grin grin grin grin grin grin
u may look at it as an embarrassment bt truly its nt,ths is a forum and we are faceless here. I knw wat i hv learnt frm ths forum and i think its part of getting other female opinion concerning d behaviour.i knw i must receive a lot of name calling and negative comments bt thats the fun of forum. If u read it well u wld understand dat my mild annoyance was dat she disappointed me in d presense of my friends nt d expenses.
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by solomto(f): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2011
I dont know hw some you behaves as if you are all perfect. I just read through what the guy narrated and couldn't find anything wrong in sharing it here and besides,he said they are nt quarreling.
I could understand he was trying to know his fiancee motive for lying in the first place,and if ask me i wld say she was a little bit afraid of you as teslim said. So,try to be calm wt her so that she wl be more open wt u. Gud luck.
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by jerk: 2:38pm On Jun 20, 2011
Insecurity,may be afraid nt to loose u or you are much older than her. Wats d age diff btw both of u?
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Ivynwa(f): 8:05am On Jun 21, 2011
It is true that the poster shouldn't shout at his girlfriend or raise his voice at her in front of his friends (he already said that he was play acting) yet there is still something sweet about the way this poster handled the situation.He saved the lady the disgrace [/b]of having his friends eat a badly cooked soup and cunningly moved his friends out of the situation. [b]It took good sense and respect for the poster to pull that and that is very sweet.

It reminded me of that Nigerian wise saying/story that is usually used to advice a groom at his wedding for him to always protect his wife from malicious outsiders. It is a story about the good husband that cunningly saved his wife in front of friends. The story had it that at a gathering in the man's house, the wife prepared a very bad soup. The man on knowing how bad the soup is made up his mind that their friends must not taste that soup and deliberately planned an accident in which he let go of the bowl of soup when he was carrying it to the dinner table for all to start eating, that way nobody tasted the soup so nobody got to know that his wife is a bad cook. He took the blame and covered up for his wife.
Now
how about giving the poster some high five and applause. Ivynwa claps claps----------- cool cool cool  grin Cool, very cool!
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Genyc: 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2011
I totally agree with ivynwa that there was something sweet with d way d poster took care of d situation by not letting his friends taste d soup and forever note in their minds that she's a bad cook. To me I would say scolding her was an evil but a lesser one than embarrassing her but poster try and be freer with ur girl so she don't go abt getting recipes from market women when she could have simply admitted not knowing how to prepare a particular meal and have u coach her, afterall its ur own native dish
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by TeeJay6(m): 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2011
Did you say fiancee or cook? the girl must be desperate to put up with such crass from you; don't you have a cell phone to call her from before you returned just to find out how she was doing? Just goes to show how you are eventually going to treat her when you are married,
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2011
He just playacting to save face for his gf
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Godalone(m): 9:23pm On Jun 21, 2011
@poster,you acted very well
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 21, 2011
chidyke77:

My fiancee almost embarrassed me yesday in d the presense of my friends. We dnt live together bt she normally visits on wkends and she smtimes cook varieties of food that may serve me all thru the week most especially soup and local stew(ofe akwu) which is my favourite type of stew.
Am nt a bad cooker anyway bt i dnt hv that time doing all those stuff like buying cocoyam,palm nuts and other ingredients for preparing those foods,it makes me looks like a stingy man who doesn't wnt her wife to cheat him or a man that is bn controlled by his woman.
It happens that she visited yestday and i asked her to prepare a delicious bitter leaf soup for me and my friends wt every ingredients meat,stockfish,driedfish just to make it rich. I gave her enuf money for those stuffs and she smiled and assured me that she's going to prepare it well.
I later come bk salivating and hoping that the food is ready coz we avoided eating anytin frm where we hv gone hoping to eat a well prepared soup whch is one of our favourites for any Anambra man. I called her to bring the meal dat we are around bt she answered that the food is nt yet done dat it remains a little.
I waited for more ten minutes yet she's still there,i then went to d kitchen and discovered that she's has messed the whole soup up. Mere looking at d soup wld tel u dat its nt cooked well because the oil was seperate frm the water and d bitterleaf was very bitter, I wnted to scold her bt doesn't wnt my friends to hear my voice.
I finally,left her to join my friends shouting to her frm the sitting room that,i gave her money on time to prepare ths soup bt she's just nt ready yet.I then ask my friends that we should nt continue waitn for her to finish d cooking cuz she stil has a long way to go in d cookn,that we shuld find a nearest restaurant  since we are very hungry. I was apologizin to them and was stil raising my voice to my fiancee for disappointn my guest.
Wen i returned aftaward, she was begging me to forgive her that she doesn't knw hw to cook bitter leaf soup,that she asked the women that sold d bitter leaf to her to direct her hw to cook it.
Bt why didn't u tel me dat u dnt knw hw to cook it,i asked. She continue saying sorry and i 4gv her.   

LOL. well, i'm happy you didn't embarrass her in front of your friends, but this story is not a big deal. it's the type of story you all will laugh at in 5 years while lying in bed together.
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Outstrip(f): 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2011
I don't think that he meant he was shouting at her. I think he meant to say he was trying to make it believable to his friends that the food was not ready so he had to let them hear him complain about it. To each their own sha
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Digriz(m): 11:22pm On Jun 21, 2011
I like ths story smhow cuz i learnt smtin frm it and in as much as d poster was asking abt her woman motives he passed a message to some of we men in a way.
Am most interested and i admires hs act in trying to protect her woman in that situation wtout hurting hs friends feeling. Its a kind of mature way of handling situations that involves d one you love cos nt evryone wld hv known wat to do at that time wtout hurting either of them.
I know of a man that slapped his wife in d presense of their guest reason,d wife didnt prepared the chicken seperately bt cooked it together wt d stew. She was very embarrassed and the matter almost lead to divorce coz they were newly married.
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2011
she may not have been afraid of him maybe she just thought whats the biggie isn't it bitter leaf soup? abeg i can handle it with some directions and then she messed up.
Re: Women And Their Funny Behaviours Sometimes. by Badesh(m): 5:57pm On Jun 27, 2011
@ Poster, no probs at all, just send her to Maggie Kitchen to learn the "Ojemba way" so that you get certification of her cooking ability before marriage else prepare for many more embarrassing moments after saying "I DO"

(1) (Reply)

Where Children Fall Asleep...this Is Sweet..God Loves Children..pics / . / She Lied About Her Town; Should He Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.