Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,788 members, 7,813,603 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Parenting Children With Chronic Illness: How To Stay Healthy, Sane, And Powerful - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Parenting Children With Chronic Illness: How To Stay Healthy, Sane, And Powerful (92 Views)

Stop Focusing On Your Chronic Illness, Focus On These Instead / 5 Ways To Support A Co-worker With A Chronic Illness / Avoid Saying These Words To Someone That Has A Chronic Illness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Parenting Children With Chronic Illness: How To Stay Healthy, Sane, And Powerful by muskanmuffleit: 8:19am On Jan 18, 2022
Does your child have a chronic illness or some kind of health complaint that is more than just the sniffles?

As many of you know, one of my daughters has Type 1 Diabetes. What you don’t know is that I am the parent of kids who have also battled severe anemia, mood issues, serious infections, gut dysbiosis, leaky gut, food allergies, and hypothyroidism. In the early days, I had been known to wake with a wave of fear that my daughter had died in her sleep due to low blood sugar. I don’t fear that anymore. But, yes, it’s been an interesting three years.

Back when my kids were little and we didn’t appear to have any of the issues that we have been sorting out over the last several years, we spent a great deal of time with another family whose daughter has Downs Syndrome.

Read More

When I would try to identify with my dear friend’s struggles at times, she would tell me that I couldn’t know what it is like for her. I remember feeling hurt by her comments and my little ego felt that she was calling me insensitive and ignorant, but she was doing neither of those things.

She was simply telling me that unless you are there in the trenches, you can’t really feel what it is like, no matter how much you care and love and want to understand.

The challenges we parents of children who are ill or are hurting in some way face day in and day out are vast and many. We may feel fear, insecurity, overwhelm, loneliness, and anger. We may be undersupported, not know where to seek support, or suddenly become a square peg trying to fit into that round hole of our extended families or communities we used to feel so comfortable with.

We may neglect our own health, burn out, or fall apart. I have seen this happen.

But this is not to say woe is me, I have a sick kid, this is to say that these are all very natural experiences and part of our growth as parents, as human beings, to go through some or all of this. But you don’t have to go through it alone, and it doesn’t have to be so hard.

What you will gain from this exclusive event:

✓Frank conversation about our current medical model

✓How to navigate the system

✓Where to find answers and support

✓How to take care of them (your children)

✓How to take care of you (yes, you!)

I am not going to present to you a step by step program because, let’s face it, there are no 5 simple steps to happiness, good health, or anything, for that matter.

But this event will give you tools to make the suggestions I make a reality, to inspire you to just keep going and enjoy the life with your family along the way.

I am also not going to tell you everything you have been doing wrong. Because we are all here to learn and do the very best we can for our children with what we know and what we have.

There are other things much more powerful than temporarily believing that 5 easy steps can lead us to health, such as lasting change, empowerment, true healing, and vitality.

Join me for this very special and unique event and take back your power!

Continue Reading-[url=robotics team names]robotics team names[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Aol Desktop Gold / Stop Collecting Money Mr Ojuyobo/late Abiola � Why Are U Guys 2silents / A Balanced Life [part 1] - A Short Bible Lesson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.