Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu (1692 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie Is Not Defending Nnamdi Kanu / Ozekhome: Why Northerners Are Scared Of Southern Governors’ Asaba Accord / Mike Ozekhome: Why Supreme Court Judgment On Imo Can't Be Reviewed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by sharpden: 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mike Ozekhome, right activist and constitutional lawyer, has stated why he joined the defense team of Nnamdi Kanu, the detained leader of foremost secessionist group IPOB.

Barely twenty four hours to today’s court sitting, the federal government amended its charges against Mr Kanu, increasing it to 15 from 7, an action described as a “joke taken too far” by Ifeanyi Ejiofor, who heads the defense team.

Mr Kanu will take his plea tomorrow, the court ruled on Tuesday while adjourning to Wednesday.

Taking over as the leader of the defense team, Mr Ozekhome described the charges against his client as unfounded.

“Right to self determination is inalienable. It is guaranteed under both the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the African Charter on Peoples’ Rights,” the Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) said in a chat with Vanguard Newspapers at the Abuja Federal High Court. “I am here today because I believe that the charge against the Defendant is baseless.”

https://todaypoliticsng.com/mike-ozekhome-why-i-am-defending-nnamdi-kanu/

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by yyba: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mike you are known for defending criminals so no needs for any explanations

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by nairavsdollars(f): 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
Anywhere belle face lawyer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Investigative: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
The truth is that buhari want kanu denounce bịafra agitation but even buhari father can't stop it

7 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Investigative: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
Ok
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Kissiemu(m): 1:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
What now happens to Barr. Ejiofor?
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by yinkus6750(m): 1:19pm On Jan 18, 2022
No citizen has won a case of treason
Especially when you incite peoole to take arms against the government.
Mike as the lead counsel makes little or bo difference

5 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by FreeStuffsNG: 1:20pm On Jan 18, 2022
"Right to self determination is guaranteed in Nigeria's constitution".
Hahaha.... Just one reason:To cash out. Shikena. It's not pro bono.
All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Coolsperm: 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2022
God bless you Mike, unity begars , children of hate and betrayer will not like this

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Armaggedon: 1:39pm On Jan 18, 2022
Every lawyer is saying the same thing
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Moferere: 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
Stop abusing Mike Ozekhome. His job is to make Kanu feel correct until he's sentenced by the court.

When you have a case in court, first be truthful to yourself, don't let lawyers deceive you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Maxymilliano(m): 1:52pm On Jan 18, 2022
Mike is simply doing his job ...

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by SWATMan: 1:57pm On Jan 18, 2022
yyba:

You are a criminal yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by SWATMan: 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever

A SAN made a submission and a nonentity with half education challenges him in nairaland. Please return to BAT's threads where your experience is in high demand.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by jmoore(m): 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2022
There are many charges.
Nnamdi Kanu instructed IPOB members to attack Nigerian army and police.

Mike has been paid, he's only doing his job as a lawyer not as a human right activist

The best lawyer in the world can never free a terrorist when the evidence is obvious.
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by yyba: 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
SWATMan:

You are a criminal yourself.
very easy to know ipob terrorist hehehe
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Indispensable85(m): 2:06pm On Jan 18, 2022
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Jostoman: 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
yyba:
the man is doing his job and if you are not satisfied look for a nearest Lagoon and do the needful.

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by FreeStuffsNG: 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
SWATMan:

[s]A SAN made a submission and a nonentity with half education challenges him in nairaland. Please return to BAT's threads where your experience is in high demand[/s] .

I sincerely pray and hope that Inferiority complex won't kill you. You're obviously not a professional so you're naive and can't decipher it when professionals bullsh*t with jargons and how we professionals know when a professional is bullsh*ting.

Below ian example of where same SAN was bullsh*ting and after 10 years, his client, convicted Farouk Lawan was eventually sentenced to jail last year.

The famed SAN in the Channels TV interview claimed that a live video recording of his client,convicted Farouk Lawan, in a DSS sting operation, stuffing marked dollar bills as bribe from Mr Otedola to remove Mr Otedola's company from the list of those who stole oil subsidies, was "puerile, caricature and doctored video"

Watch this video and read the judgement sentence for Farouk Lawan and you will understand why I am trying to cure you of inferiority complex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka2E7eWpMxU

He will lose again and I hope you will learn that whenever you want to lump your ilks with half education idling away here on Nairaland, I am not one of you sir.

As for Asiwaju Tinubu, my appeal is to my fellow patriotic Nigerians to please vote for Asiwaju Tinubu to lead Nigeria to greater heights, my humble plea is not to thieves and terrorists that are enemies of Nigeria.

All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. God bless Nigeria forever.

1 Share

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Jostoman: 2:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
God bless you Mr Mike ozekhome.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by Hisbah5: 2:14pm On Jan 18, 2022
Investigative:
The truth is that buhari want kanu denounce bịafra agitation but even buhari father can't stop it
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by SWATMan: 3:11pm On Jan 18, 2022
yyba:
very easy to know ipob terrorist hehehe

It's very easy to know enemies of the Igbo race.

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by ERockson: 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
Shape Lawyer
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by chiipink(f): 5:12pm On Jan 18, 2022
SWATMan:

Yorubas are number one u dnt need to know that..
It's there by default
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by yyba: 5:43pm On Jan 18, 2022
SWATMan:

why race ? who is pursing them? grin grin
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by yyba: 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2022
Jostoman:
the man is doing his job and if you are not satisfied look for a nearest Lagoon and do the needful.
is lagoon part of biafra now huhuhuhu
Re: Mike Ozekhome: Why I Am Defending Nnamdi Kanu by baralatie(m): 6:01pm On Jan 18, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
I read that State and I knew ozekhome seriously wan cash out

(1) (Reply)

2023: Peter Obi, Moghalu, Osibanjo My Top 3 Candidates / Photos: Tinubu and Ribadu on pilgrimage to mecca / Fomer Deputy Senate President To Join Peter Obi In Labour Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.